New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Yes, it only applies to romance.
    I was assuming this would be the case. Rather fortunate, as Turtle will eventually have to appear in the RHL story arc I'm working on if it's going to be the prequel to IStLY, which is what has been requested.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

And I bring you another Rabbit-y installment of IStLY.

Past the Point
    Rabbit/(T)Zar Peter/ TwoBitWriter/ Ghost_Warlock (mentioned)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guards had been told to let her in anytime she pleased, but, with the look on Rabbit's face, they had been hesitant.
    "I demand to see the Tsar. I know you have been given orders to let me in whenever I please, and I doubt you'd like to displease your Tsar, would you?" The way she spoke dug acid into their bellies, and, while they did wonder why such a woman would be permitted into the home of the Tsar, they had no choice but to let her in.
    And they regretted it, right up to the point of her storming past them and up to his living quarters, without the proper greeting or any of the Court proceedings.
    "Tsar Peter." His door flung open, hitting against the wall with a resounding smack, the scorned necromancer occupying more space in the room than just that of her small body.
    "He's alive." And off with another woman. Another. Mine. My Mordokai.
    The Tsar looked up from his desk, where he had been composing some letter or another. Rabbit couldn't be bothered to care.
    "Rabbit, my dear, its good to see you. Now, who is this who is living again?" Though he spoke kindly, smiled softly, his eyes flashed with a momentary terror.
    "Mordokai!" Obviously, he never cared. Obviously. He took no time in moving on, in finding another.
    Her mind-voice nearly drowned out everything else, and she nearly missed the expression that crossed the Tsar's face. Absolute horror.
    And expectation.
    He had somehow known.
    "Who told you, Tsar? Who knew? Who's done this?"
    "The soothsayer, he once-"
    "Where is he?"
    "The dungeon, but-"
    Rabbit did not dare stay to hear what the Tsar might say. Could not stop her train of thought, not with the anger boiling around her system so explosive.
    The cold whipped around her as she descended to the dungeons, these guards just as hesitant as before.
    "Where is the soothsayer?" Down the corridor they pointed, and she stomped her way over, the heels of her boots echoing down the halls. He knew she was coming, and turned his body, shackled to the wall, to face her.
    "You." She pointed a gloved finger at him, shaking with fury
    "You know of the Paladin. I know not how, as you've always been a terrible fortune teller. Why the Tsar has kept you all these years when he has had me is a mystery alone. One that may be solved with a few other this night." Rabbit stepped closer, looking up to his shackled form.
    "Tell me what you know of Mordokai the Paladin." I'll kill him and then her. No, I'll kill her first, make him watch. Make him kill himself. For good, this time. Burn the body.
    "I know nothing more of the Paladin then what I told the Tsar."
    Oh, damn, they were going to have to play this game. Smiling softly, she closed the gap between them, and lifted her hand, high up to his hanging form, running her fingers along his cheek. He shuddered from her touch at first, rightfully scared. Her fingers, even through the silken gloves and against his flesh which had been exposed to the winter weather, were frigid.
    But...soft. The touch was gentle.
    "Twobit, Twobit. Tell me, please. Its a matter of the heart."
    He opened his mouth, hesitated.
    "I..I can't." And without warning her thumb skirted along his cheek to his eye, and she pressed down, down...even as he screamed and she felt the small orb explode into a gooey, bloody mess.
    "The Ghost!" He wailed, blood dripping down his face.
    "The Ghost told me!"
    "The Ghost?!" Rabbit fumed, her other arching up to press against his one remaining eye. Back, back, back, until she could push no more. She was vaguely aware of the screaming and the crying and the wailing, and the guards whispering outside the door, but even then she did not stop for some very long moments, before turning her face upward, as if to speak to the heavens.
    "Ghost like being, phantom. Listen, if you can. The paladin and that new woman of his will suffer for your actions, but you will suffer far, far worse. The pain I shall inflict upon you will be far beyond anything you have crumbled under before. Mark my words." And she left the dungeons, the castle, without another word to any other living being.

...Eh.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Past the Point
    Rabbit/(T)Zar Peter/ TwoBitWriter/ Ghost_Warlock (mentioned)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guards had been told to let her in anytime she pleased, but, with the look on Rabbit's face, they had been hesitant.
    "I demand to see the Tsar. I know you have been given orders to let me in whenever I please, and I doubt you'd like to displease your Tsar, would you?" The way she spoke dug acid into their bellies, and, while they did wonder why such a woman would be permitted into the home of the Tsar, they had no choice but to let her in.
    And they regretted it, right up to the point of her storming past them and up to his living quarters, without the proper greeting or any of the Court proceedings.
    "Tsar Peter." His door flung open, hitting against the wall with a resounding smack, the scorned necromancer occupying more space in the room than just that of her small body.
    "He's alive." And off with another woman. Another. Mine. My Mordokai.
    The Tsar looked up from his desk, where he had been composing some letter or another. Rabbit couldn't be bothered to care.
    "Rabbit, my dear, its good to see you. Now, who is this who is living again?" Though he spoke kindly, smiled softly, his eyes flashed with a momentary terror.
    "Mordokai!" Obviously, he never cared. Obviously. He took no time in moving on, in finding another.
    Her mind-voice nearly drowned out everything else, and she nearly missed the expression that crossed the Tsar's face. Absolute horror.
    And expectation.
    He had somehow known.
    "Who told you, Tsar? Who knew? Who's done this?"
    "The soothsayer, he once-"
    "Where is he?"
    "The dungeon, but-"
    Rabbit did not dare stay to hear what the Tsar might say. Could not stop her train of thought, not with the anger boiling around her system so explosive.
    The cold whipped around her as she descended to the dungeons, these guards just as hesitant as before.
    "Where is the soothsayer?" Down the corridor they pointed, and she stomped her way over, the heels of her boots echoing down the halls. He knew she was coming, and turned his body, shackled to the wall, to face her.
    "You." She pointed a gloved finger at him, shaking with fury
    "You know of the Paladin. I know not how, as you've always been a terrible fortune teller. Why the Tsar has kept you all these years when he has had me is a mystery alone. One that may be solved with a few other this night." Rabbit stepped closer, looking up to his shackled form.
    "Tell me what you know of Mordokai the Paladin." I'll kill him and then her. No, I'll kill her first, make him watch. Make him kill himself. For good, this time. Burn the body.
    "I know nothing more of the Paladin then what I told the Tsar."
    Oh, damn, they were going to have to play this game. Smiling softly, she closed the gap between them, and lifted her hand, high up to his hanging form, running her fingers along his cheek. He shuddered from her touch at first, rightfully scared. Her fingers, even through the silken gloves and against his flesh which had been exposed to the winter weather, were frigid.
    But...soft. The touch was gentle.
    "Twobit, Twobit. Tell me, please. Its a matter of the heart."
    He opened his mouth, hesitated.
    "I..I can't." And without warning her thumb skirted along his cheek to his eye, and she pressed down, down...even as he screamed and she felt the small orb explode into a gooey, bloody mess.
    "The Ghost!" He wailed, blood dripping down his face.
    "The Ghost told me!"
    "The Ghost?!" Rabbit fumed, her other arching up to press against his one remaining eye. Back, back, back, until she could push no more. She was vaguely aware of the screaming and the crying and the wailing, and the guards whispering outside the door, but even then she did not stop for some very long moments, before turning her face upward, as if to speak to the heavens.
    "Ghost like being, phantom. Listen, if you can. The paladin and that new woman of his will suffer for your actions, but you will suffer far, far worse. The pain I shall inflict upon you will be far beyond anything you have crumbled under before. Mark my words." And she left the dungeons, the castle, without another word to any other living being.

...Eh.

Wow! that Was AWESOME!

I have always wanted a horrible, horrible death in a ship!

Rabbit, you freaking delivered!

Gonna need a set of these now...

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eeeeeeeeep!
    Maybe I should save Brandelle from A LOT pain and agony.
    "She spouted a fangirly nose bleed and bled to death in the street, thus saving her from Rabbit's wrath. The end."

This is the first time I've REALLY been scared of Rabbit.

@^: I don't know that she killed you - she mighta just left you blinded and helpless for the rest of your days. O.o
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2008-12-15 at 03:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Rabbit is scary.
    She's also nucking futs at this point.
    I was totally also listening to this at the time >>
    Angry Phantom of the Opera music makes RHL happy
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2008-12-15 at 03:52 PM.

— Iain S. Thomas

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Past the Point
    *snip*

...Eh.
    Mmm, torture.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2008-12-15 at 03:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

Busty B's - Mangosta
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Busty B got back to work, that Ghost fellow settling into his corner. another new face came into the bar. He wore his hair just long enough to cover his ears. She suspected - yes, she saw the tips - he was elven. And well-traveled, from the look of it. If she had ever seen someone who wanted to seem nondescript, it was this guy. Probably a mercenary or assassin or messenger of some type.

Tidying her hair, she approached the newcomer, then walked past him. She wiped off a nearby table, her back to him, and spoke. "Greetings. You are welcome and safe here, and rest assured no one will pry into your business. Now, if there is something you require, you may ask it of me. My girls will be more talkative."

The man slouched in his chair a bit. "I have a job to do, and I hear my aim may have visited this establishment." He provided a brief description.

It was a good thing B was facing away from him. Her eyebrows shot up and she paused in her work as she recognized the person he was seeking. "I'm sorry, they are unfamiliar to me. But I will keep my eyes open, should you wish it. Of course, my time is as valuable as anyone else's."

The man nodded and pulled forth two shiny gold coins. He slipped them into the proprietor's palm and stood, straightening his coat. "Good day, madam. I shall return."

B smiled faintly, forcing it to her face. "You never gave me your name."

The man looked around before he spoke. "Mangosta." With that, he left, his heels kicking up dust outside the door.

B looked down and slowly turned the coins in the light. Clutching them in her fist, she slipped them inside her blouse and went back behind the bar to write a note.

Beware, friend. I have reason to believe an assassin seeks your head. Remain hidden or flee. But do not come here. I fear my establishment is no longer safe for you. Gods speed - take these.

She pulled forth the coins and wrapped them in the note, tucking it away for when she could safely deliver it later.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Busty B's - Mangosta
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Busty B got back to work, that Ghost fellow settling into his corner. another new face came into the bar. He wore his hair just long enough to cover his ears. She suspected - yes, she saw the tips - he was elven. And well-traveled, from the look of it. If she had ever seen someone who wanted to seem nondescript, it was this guy. Probably a mercenary or assassin or messenger of some type.

Tidying her hair, she approached the newcomer, then walked past him. She wiped off a nearby table, her back to him, and spoke. "Greetings. You are welcome and safe here, and rest assured no one will pry into your business. Now, if there is something you require, you may ask it of me. My girls will be more talkative."

The man slouched in his chair a bit. "I have a job to do, and I hear my aim may have visited this establishment." He provided a brief description.

It was a good thing B was facing away from him. Her eyebrows shot up and she paused in her work as she recognized the person he was seeking. "I'm sorry, they are unfamiliar to me. But I will keep my eyes open, should you wish it. Of course, my time is as valuable as anyone else's."

The man nodded and pulled forth two shiny gold coins. He slipped them into the proprietor's palm and stood, straightening his coat. "Good day, madam. I shall return."

B smiled faintly, forcing it to her face. "You never gave me your name."

The man looked around before he spoke. "Mangosta." With that, he left, his heels kicking up dust outside the door.

B looked down and slowly turned the coins in the light. Clutching them in her fist, she slipped them inside her blouse and went back behind the bar to write a note.

Beware, friend. I have reason to believe an assassin seeks your head. Remain hidden or flee. But do not come here. I fear my establishment is no longer safe for you. Gods speed - take these.

She pulled forth the coins and wrapped them in the note, tucking it away for when she could safely deliver it later.
    Its so hard to swim through this plot... I swear its thickening.

ooh boy... someone is in trouble... probably Mi'ir, its likely his fault anyhow!

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

The fourth part of my letter series. As always, feel free to give me advice on how to improve it. Based on The Great Northern War.

Letter 4: Desperate times. (Zar/Lex-cat Also staring Haruki.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dearest Lex,
    Another year has come and gone, and we have not been together. Fate seems to be conspiring against us. And the sweds are still pushing forward, despite taking heavy losses from the cold. As such, I've had to employ some rather drastic tactics...

That's putting it nicely. A voice from behind Zar said. Zar spun around, pistol in hand. He then saw Genearl Haruki, leaning against a tent pole. He sat the pistol down on the table, and sighed.

I don't want to scare her with the realities of war. They cause nightmares in some of the men even.

Why shouldn't they? Haruki counted. What you are asking us to do is a mortal sin in the eyes of all men!

I do what I must! If the sweeds don't have any food, they will have to turn back sometime. Then we can haras them from the rear. Zar snaped.

But taking all food from any village we come across? Seeding the fields with salt, and burning crops to the ground!?

When the sweds retreat, we can send the villigers to St. Petersburg. The city needs citizens anyway.

And what of those who die before they do? What of the babies, whose only fault was that they were born during a war?

Zar shut his eyes. I...I don't know. Go organize a scouting party. See if the sweeds have turned back yet.

Haruki scowled, but saluted and went to do his king's bidding. Zar sat in his tent, thoughts turning over in his head. It's not my fault.I did what I had to. It's war. He looked at the unfinished letter and sighed. It would still be there tomorrow. Zar crawled into his cot, and slept, the ghosts of all those who would die haunting his dreams.
    Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 2008-12-15 at 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Its so hard to swim through this plot... I swear its thickening.

ooh boy... someone is in trouble... probably Mi'ir, its likely his fault anyhow!
    HEY! Just because trouble follows me around doesn't mean I caused it!

Usually...

*shakes head*

Gah! Anyway...

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!

There, now that that's out of the system...

Things are building nicely, I want to see what happens next, dangit! Get to writing!

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Comments
    @deathslayer7: Mordy isn't a very nice drunk! I'll have to keep that in mind for later... And spectacular fight scene, btw.
    You have no idea... Hopefully, you'll never get it as well.

@Dirk: heh, this Mordy is whole lot nicer than I am But I do love me your writing and it is good to see that the story is progressing in nice direction. For a paladin, at least We'll see what happens with GW.

@TBW: I'm getting this idea you're getting a kick out of my worship of Sune But it's nice seeing Christmas Carol is this way. Dickens would be envious, me thinks.

@DS7: oh goody, if I don't drink in RL, I at least get some alcohol in ships Poor Wolfbane though...

@Rabbit: sweet, sweet, sweet! I really like this short story of yours, with you and Destro
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post

@TBW: I'm getting this idea you're getting a kick out of my worship of Sune But it's nice seeing Christmas Carol is this way. Dickens would be envious, me thinks.
    I appreciate that!

But, honestly, the Sune part is simply an easy trick to better characterize you in my ships.

13. - Top - End - #463

I feel like another

Letter

Spoiler
    Show

Why, oh why do I have to keep saying this to you? Are you as foolish as you are weak and childish?!
    You certainly sound it.
    My God! "Let me compare you to a summers' day; you are more lovely"; "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways"! You're about as inventive as an infant. Spouting clichéd trap like that.
    You take me out to romantic restaurants and secluded scenes of beauty the likes I have never seen. And with each excursion your sickly sweetness clogs my lungs. I can barely breathe when you're near me; hovering in your way. You're like a vulture waiting for the putrescent flesh of a diseased animal to drop off so that you may gorge yourself.
    Leave.
    Me.
    Be.
    I cannot stand to be near you.
    Your presence hurts me, it makes me ill. My friend are repulsed by your unwavering attentions. It unnerves them. And me. Just . . . turn your compulsive love towards someone else.
    Please
    The letters; the gifts; the calls; why can't this end?! Why can't I be free of you. You're a trap slowly closing on me and I need to escape! If you profess to love me; even in that cloying fashion you believe to be holy see what you've done to me and let. Me. Be.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-12-15 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Proofread by Dr. Bath

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

The long-awaited (at least, I like to pretend so) part 3 of our ongoing saga:

Introductions
    Starring - RHL and Ego
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rabbit woke, feeling warm. For a moment, she didn’t know why that was strange. Then she realized that she had passed out on the forest floor in the middle of winter. She sat bolt upright, for the first time registering the crackling of a fire.

She was still in the small clearing where she had collapsed, but someone had a small campfire burning merrily, with a pot suspended above it. A second look showed that there was no wood in the fire, nor was there anything holding the pot in place. She stood, casting worried looks all around. The clearing seemed to be in some sort of bubble, protected from the cold of winter. There was a clear perimeter, beyond which a light dusting of snow had fallen, but inside the ground was dry. And it was blessedly warm inside. She stared down at her hands. Did I…?

Oh, you’re awake. You gave me a scare there.” A young woman, dark of hair and eye, strode over the boundary, releasing her hold on her cloak as she did so. She approached Rabbit, raising a hand to her face and looking into her eyes. “I was worried that I hadn’t found you in time. Are you feeling well?

Rabbit stammered. “Who…? How…?

The stranger continued examining Rabbit. “My name is unimportant. You may call me Ego. I sensed another practitioner, and was lucky to find you before you froze to death.” Her eyes seemed to smolder slightly. “That would have been a terrible waste.” She stepped back and pulled a pair of bowls from the pack slung over her shoulder. “Hungry?

Rabbit abruptly realized that she was famished. It had been at least two days since her last actual meal. But how far did she dare trust this strange woman in the wilderness? Her stomach growled noisily as she smelled the stew in the pot.

Ego heard, but saw Rabbit’s hesitation. “I understand.” She served herself first, letting Rabbit watch as she took a pair of spoonfuls into her mouth and swallowed. She then filled the second bowl and offered it to Rabbit, who took it gingerly. Her appetite soon sent any reservations she had had flying. She devoured the contents of the bowl, then filled it, and then a third time before she stopped.

I suppose I should thank you for saving me.

Ego shrugged. “What about you? What’s your name? And why are you out here?

My name is RabbitHoleLost. I came out here because something terrible happened in the town…” She broke off, shuddering.

Why don’t you come with me? My home isn’t far. I seldom have visitors, but I’m sure I can find something for you to sleep on while you stay.
    Rabbit was startled. “Stay? With you?

Ego nodded. “Of course. I told you that I sensed the potential for great power within you. I can teach you to wield it. If you wish to learn.

Rabbit smiled, for the first time in what seemed like ages, though only a week ago she had been content in the tower with her now-dead master. “Thank you again, Ego.

Ego returned the smile, though the hint of darkness had returned to her eyes. “Don’t mention it, Rabbit.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

Its an Ego!
    =D
    dundundun!

— Iain S. Thomas

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

@DS7: oh goody, if I don't drink in RL, I at least get some alcohol in ships Poor Wolfbane though...
    There's a reason for you being drunk. But that won't happen till the next part. Lots of plots will come together there.

That is whenever i get around to typing it.

Still fixing those damn x-mas lights.

We have a Santa Claus, reindeer, and sleigh, and none of them were working properly.

I have finished fixing the reindeer, the santa is almost good, only the head doesn't light up, and half of the sleigh isn't working.

*goes back to work*
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not best pleased with this, but since I scolded Vespe for not posting ships he doesn't think are good enough, I'll avoid hypocrisy by offering it here. Also, there's no actual shipping in this.

A Werewolf Story
    Cast of characters in order of appearance: Happyturtle / Magtok / Twobitwriter / Mordokai / Lex-kat / Saint Nil / Rabbit / Surly / Vespe

Spoiler
    Show
    Random violence was nothing new in Acronymia, so when the stories started spreading about wolves killing people in the night, Turtle didn't think much of it. When the Freeformers decided to string up Magtok to see if he was one of the wolves, she pointed and cheered along with the rest of the mob. Magtok ranted and monologued impressively, protesting his innocence. It was all good fun.

Magtok died, and his corpse did not shift into the form of a wolf. So she expected his clone to turn up any minute now to gloat in his vindication.

But there was no clone. Magtok was gone.

That night, the wolves took Twobitwriter, and though they tried to resurrect him, the spell didn't work.

The next day, another lynch mob formed, and this time, they settled on Mordokai. "No! Mordokai is innocent!" Turtle screamed, and she tried to fight the crowd. If she could just disembowel a few of the crazed villagers, the rest would scatter, and she could get him safely away. But the spork fell from her hands, and when she thought she would just tear through the crowd with her hands, her arms were heavy and sluggish, and before she could act, Mordokai was dead. The fact that his innocence was recognized was no consolation.

"We have to stay together," Lex-kat told her. "The wolves will come again tonight." They locked themselves up together, waiting and watching, but after midnight, Lex-kat suddenly fluttered up and flew towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Turtle cried. But she didn't seem to hear her. "Lex, come back." She wanted to run and snatch her out of the air, force her to stay, but Turtle was paralyzed. She flew out the door, and Turtle heard the wolves tear her henchpixie to pieces.

After the funeral, she went to Nil. "I don't understand what's happening. It's as if the rules that govern the world have changed. Every day, someone is lynched. Every night, the wolves strike again. I'm a barbarian. I should have been able to defend my friends. Even if they overpowered me, I should have done some damage. Should, at the very least, have died defending them. But somehow, I wasn't able to lift a hand. And Mordokai... he didn't try to fight his way free. And he could have. I know he could have."

Nil hugged her and whispered in her ear. "There's a network of trusted villagers. We're trying to protect one another and find the wolves. Can I trust you? Will you come?"

"If there's anything we can do to stop the killings, I'll try," Turtle said fervently.

"Then follow me," Nil said. And she did. Through the streets as the sun began to set, into the Taverna. Nil went to the cellar door, knocked softly, and spoke a password. When Turtle entered, and her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, she saw Rabbit and Surly and Vespe. All her dearest friends--at least the ones who still lived--together with Nil. She breathed a sigh of relief. Here, she knew, she would be safe.

Behind her, Nil bared his teeth. In front of her, the pack waited for his signal to attack.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    I'm not best pleased with this, but since I scolded Vespe for not posting ships he doesn't think are good enough, I'll avoid hypocrisy by offering it here. Also, there's no actual shipping in this.

A Werewolf Story
    Cast of characters in order of appearance: Happyturtle / Magtok / Twobitwriter / Mordokai / Lex-kat / Saint Nil / Rabbit / Surly / Vespe

Spoiler
    Show
    Random violence was nothing new in Acronymia, so when the stories started spreading about wolves killing people in the night, Turtle didn't think much of it. When the Freeformers decided to string up Magtok to see if he was one of the wolves, she pointed and cheered along with the rest of the mob. Magtok ranted and monologued impressively, protesting his innocence. It was all good fun.

Magtok died, and his corpse did not shift into the form of a wolf. So she expected his clone to turn up any minute now to gloat in his vindication.

But there was no clone. Magtok was gone.

That night, the wolves took Twobitwriter, and though they tried to resurrect him, the spell didn't work.

The next day, another lynch mob formed, and this time, they settled on Mordokai. "No! Mordokai is innocent!" Turtle screamed, and she tried to fight the crowd. If she could just disembowel a few of the crazed villagers, the rest would scatter, and she could get him safely away. But the spork fell from her hands, and when she thought she would just tear through the crowd with her hands, her arms were heavy and sluggish, and before she could act, Mordokai was dead. The fact that his innocence was recognized was no consolation.

"We have to stay together," Lex-kat told her. "The wolves will come again tonight." They locked themselves up together, waiting and watching, but after midnight, Lex-kat suddenly fluttered up and flew towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Turtle cried. But she didn't seem to hear her. "Lex, come back." She wanted to run and snatch her out of the air, force her to stay, but Turtle was paralyzed. She flew out the door, and Turtle heard the wolves tear her henchpixie to pieces.

After the funeral, she went to Nil. "I don't understand what's happening. It's as if the rules that govern the world have changed. Every day, someone is lynched. Every night, the wolves strike again. I'm a barbarian. I should have been able to defend my friends. Even if they overpowered me, I should have done some damage. Should, at the very least, have died defending them. But somehow, I wasn't able to lift a hand. And Mordokai... he didn't try to fight his way free. And he could have. I know he could have."

Nil hugged her and whispered in her ear. "There's a network of trusted villagers. We're trying to protect one another and find the wolves. Can I trust you? Will you come?"

"If there's anything we can do to stop the killings, I'll try," Turtle said fervently.

"Then follow me," Nil said. And she did. Through the streets as the sun began to set, into the Taverna. Nil went to the cellar door, knocked softly, and spoke a password. When Turtle entered, and her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, she saw Rabbit and Surly and Vespe. All her dearest friends--at least the ones who still lived--together with Nil. She breathed a sigh of relief. Here, she knew, she would be safe.

Behind her, Nil bared his teeth. In front of her, the pack waited for his signal to attack.

wow, I get killed twice in one day... Cristo, you would be proud!

Very fun to read, HT.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Inspired by Fears happy?

Like this one, even if it remind me of few of my less than triumphant momemnts in WW history But you did good work there.

@Rabbit: like the new part of IstlY series. Poor TBW, whatever he did to deserve this?

@mangosta: I'm very much looking forward to see where this is going.

@Dirk: I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I'm sure future instalments will make it clear.

@Curly: this isn't personal, I hope?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Bugbear in the Playground

Got an idea for a quick story. It's based off of a skit I was in a while ago. My stories are so unoriginal like that. Anyway, I'll need two volunteers. One for a random cameo appearance (that will remain a mystery for now), and someone who wants to be Axel from Kingdom Hearts 2.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    Got an idea for a quick story. It's based off of a skit I was in a while ago. My stories are so unoriginal like that. Anyway, I'll need two volunteers. One for a random cameo appearance (that will remain a mystery for now), and someone who wants to be Axel from Kingdom Hearts 2.
    I WANNA BE AXEL =D
    Flaaaammmmerrrrr
    <<

— Iain S. Thomas

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    I'll do the cameo...

23. - Top - End - #473
    Bugbear in the Playground

Whoa, that was fast.
    Alright, I have my people. Expect it later this evening, after I eat dinner.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Curses, missed my chance to be in another of these. Well, nothing for it. I'll just have to write myself into another one.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #475

@Curly: this isn't personal, I hope?
    I would never put anything personal on this thread. Especially not something like this. Plus, I never mentioned anything like this. Recall: I have always been single,
    How do you people believe I could actually write something like this to a real person anyway? I'm not like this.
    When I write fics I write as a character. I will never put something so personal on this.
    I may draw on silly experiences or anecdotes from friends (or rarely, myself) as a plot for my sillier or sweeter stories, but never for heart breaky one or one like that.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

My appologies. I spoke before I thought through.

In retrospective, I really should stop doing that...

27. - Top - End - #477

No, it's OK, it means that I'm very good at writing in that style. Or at least realistic.
    I just thought I'd make a blanket statement while I'm at it.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #478

Had another one in the works, but the writer's goblins ate it...

Plans (Cristo (Mi'ir)/Mordokai/Serpentine)
    Spoiler
    Show

“Mi’ir, wake up!” Mordokai nudged the bard, “We need to talk, all of us.”

Mi’ir blinked sleep from her eyes and rolled off of the bed she had appropriated. “The first time in days I get to sleep in a bed and you wake me at sunrise…”

“I’ll never understand how you can sleep in a dead person’s bed…”

“They don’t need it anymore,” Mi’ir stretched and yawned, “and I don’t hear them complaining.”

“Where’s Serpentine?”

“With Celestine somewhere…how in blazes should I know?” Mi’ir brought the blanket up to her shoulders. “Mind handing me my clothes? You seem to have me at a distinct disadvantage here…”

“Since when were you so modest?”

“Just shut up and hand me my clothes…”

“Um…is everything ok in there?” Serpentine’s voice sounded from outside, “Or should I come back later?”

“Oh for the love of…” Mi’ir wrapped the sheet around herself and snatched her clothing off of a nearby chair. “It’s only when I turn into a bloody woman that you get playful…” she muttered to herself. “Leave, I’ll be out there shortly.”

Mordokai smirked and left to meet Serpentine outside. “What was that all about?” the girl asked.

“Nothing. We just all need to talk.” Mordokai looked down to see Celestine sitting in front of his feet. “What?”

“Nothing…” she said with amusement dripping off of the word. Her tail twitched as she padded into the home.

“Serpentine, your powers, are they getting under control?” Mordokai asked somewhat out of the blue. “That madman, what he asked…”

“They’re starting to. It…it’s strange…that night out on the plains, I could swear there was someone else there, that we spent the night inside someone’s home. That she helped me with my powers…”

“Strange, I had pretty much the same dream.” Mordokai shrugged the feeling away. “It doesn’t matter, there are more pressing things to worry about.”

“Like getting my body back, for starters.” Mi’ir said from the doorway, “I’m not sure how much longer I can take this…”

“The change should wear off…”

“Not quickly enough.”

“Not quickly enough for what?”

“Just trust me on this one…” Mi’ir said absently, “Now then, what did you feel the need to drag me out of a bed for?”

“As much as it is my duty to see you returned to the Heartlands for trial, the Dead Queen has proven to be a bigger threat. On the one hand, I can’t just let you go, but on the other I can’t force you to come with me, especially if this ends in more bloodshed…”

Mi’ir rolled her eyes. “Spare me the ‘are you with me?’ speech, please, I’ve heard them all. I’m not going anywhere.” Mi’ir smiled slyly, “You’re too much fun to be around.”

Mordokai turned to Serpentine. “Well?”

“Where else am I going to go?”

“Someplace that doesn’t involve killing hordes of undead for starters…” Mi’ir’s sarcasm was thick enough to cut and use as kindling.

“Mi’ir, how far to the next town?”

“Three days, maybe four. Could maybe make it in two and a half if we pushed ourselves.”

“And the Dead Queen’s stronghold from there?”

“At least a week, and that’s only if we don’t stop at any town along the way and take the most direct route.”

“Then that’s what we’ll do. We rest here for a few days, then we leave for her stronghold.”

Mi’ir blinked in surprise. “Wait…here? Paladin, she attacked us here! What happens if she does it again?”

You need to rest and let that wound heal,” Mordokai turned to Serpentine, “And she needs to get her powers under control and hopefully learn some self-defense. This place has supplies in abundance at no cost.”

Mi’ir smiled sarcastically. “You would use the supplies and things of the dead?” she mocked.

Mordokai simply smiled back. “They aren’t using them.”

29. - Top - End - #479
    Halfling in the Playground

That's right CurlyKitFans!

If you weren't insecure about your friendship before, you are now!

[Was epically insecure about his friendship before.]

Having read that, my insecurity has since ascended, it is now a deity, whose heart and soul are wrought from elemental doubt and who lives in the seventh circle of Mount Allofmyfriendssecretlyhateme.
    Last edited by RightHandless; 2008-12-15 at 07:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

*catches up*

@ deathslayer7: Another good piece of the series. Silly drunken Mordokai .

@ TwoBit: That was soooo funny. I'm really glad I could be in it . “Yes! I win the pool!”

@ Rabbit: Aww. Sweet undead immunities to cold. Glad to see you shipping .
    @ Rabbit #2: Jealous Rabbit goes beyond creepy. *reads some more* Oh. I listen to that Phantom of the Opera song all the time. *nods*

@ Dirk: That was very... . Keep up the good work.
    @ Dirk #2: Hmm. Busty B gets plots. Interesting...

@ Inigo: Quite moving. War's mean. But this is very good.

@ Curly: Poor people. Well done, though.

@ Mangosta: Uh-oh... I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

@ Happy: Wow. Mixing genres like that. Effectively. My brand new hat goes off to you. Keep them coming.

@ Cristo- Well done! You really are a great author. Mordokai gets some of his own quips in there, too. *cough*Celestinerocks*cough*
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-12-15 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.