New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

And for my first entry in IStLY. This takes place in AD927 and is taking place a few months before Good and Evil. Just assuming that Turtles' prequels come around AD928 and it's an empty year.

IStLY prequel
    Curly/ZP
    The Diet of Lignji Kosti
    Spoiler
    Show

"Announcing the Empress Regnant and Autocrat of all Greeks and Romans; Curly I of Byzantium!"
    "Announcing the Tsar of all Bulgarians and Romans; Peter I of Bulgaria!" cried two heralds. A young fourteen year old garbed in her signature indigo purple swept into the room and sat in her throne on one side of the table. Simultaneously, a teenage boy still clad in the black of mourning sat in his throne on his side of the table.
    A raised eyebrow on the side of the young Tsar was met by an almost unnoticeable nod from the Empress. All servants, scribes, heralds and advisors were dismissed from the building. "I’m sorry for your loss Peter."
    "And I am sorry for your mothers’ abdication." Raising a glass in honour of their parents they drank. "So," he clapped his hands, "To business!" As he reached for his papers and notes she looked down at her fingernails, lacquered a rather fetching silver and tapped them against the table. They sparkled and glimmered like little mirrors. She smiled at the busy form of the boy just one year older than her. He was certainly more handsome than his father was. Of course, she was beautiful too, mother had said she had her fathers’ eyes. That was all she knew of him. Good thing too. Still, the Baba would not want her to be distracted during her first true act of statescraft. Neither would her advisors, nor her mother at that. Not that she mattered any more.
    "Are you quite ready yet Peter?"
    "Your acerbic tongue has ever been one of the failings of your family."
    "As has your family’s addiction to religion." Now that was a low blow, especially seeing as who she was. True to form he glared at her over the now full table. "I think you’ll find that the faults of one are not the faults of all."
    "And neither are the advantages."
    "And yet your mother refused our betrothal." She hissed in shock as he brought up that debacle, and leant forward threateningly. "And as I recall the both of us were disappointed over it. Or have you been so take by whispers from your soothsayer and from the tankard that you can scarce remember the tantrums you threw when you found out about it?"
    "Naturally a woman cannot make any effective decisions in relation to improving the country she rules over as she is weak and witless. And a woman ruler from a woman ruler . . . preposterous. Your country will fall within a decade."
    "I rule by the power of being officially elected Empress and by translatio imperii and you would do well to remember it little Tsar. Your title has only been held equal to mine own for three years thanks to the negotiations of your beloved father Simeon I. Not to mention certain rumours as to the legitimacy of your claim." Peter slammed his fists down on the table and rose threateningly, leaning towards her, "My father won his title and it was recognised by your grandfather. I highly doubt, little girl, that you are in any position to argue over my title; seeing as it was conferred on me by Romanos I, by right of my father."
    "Aye, Simeon I, Tsar of Bulgaria. Not Tsar of all Bulgarians and Romans! You seize titles that you have no claim to! I’m descended from the Caesars’ of Rome, I am descended from rulers in a bloodline older than you entire country!" Now it was her turn to rise from her seat, hands spread flat on the table, her silvered nails flashing obsidian. "You overstep your mark and it is your folly which has brought us to the negotiating table. Or has it slipped your feeble mind that the Empress Zoe, my mother abdicated because of the loss of Tsar Simeon, your father?! If only you had waited before taking this course of action!
    "One of your assassins has taken out my highest General. Over a blood feud which you endorsed!"

"And I suppose it is your rudimentary arts which allow you to know this pertinent fact?"
    "Don’t take that arch tone with me! You have had your pet soothsayer longer than I have had my resources. It is the fault of the conspirator if his plots are discovered by any contacts." The air grew chill as an almost unseen mist began to filter through the poorly glazed windows, gently obscuring details from those within. Heated misting breath was harshly expelled from the lungs of the children and mingled with the chilled frost condensing out of the air. Curly looked down at the table and saw her lacquered nails flicker from silver through obsidian before setting on frost, "We need to calm down. This childish display will earn us nothing for our reputation as monarchs or for our countries." Not to mention that a certain high ranking Baba was spying on her intermittently and her control over her discipline was weakening. She could imagine the Baba’s mocking tone now, ’And the youngling once again displays her weaknesses for all to see. You may have the power to be powerful, but control and finesse is everything.’ And then the mirror would empty and no lesson for her for an age, and she did love withholding learning from her. Wretched Baba! Wretched grandmother!
    "Yes, we’ll have to set aside this . . . discussion for later."
    They sat down, sorting out their royal accoutrements as they went. She couldn’t help but reminisce, "Remember that time when our parents attended the coronation of the King of Castille?"
    "The one who was assassinated three months later?"
    "That one."
    "Yes, it was so hot the northern rulers became ill from the heat – "
    "And the young heirs and heiresses ran around half – dressed most of the time and all the parents and tutors were too fatigued to punish anyone!" He laughed happily at the memory as he remembered the
    fun. Taking the large map he spread it out over the table and began briskly, "These are our current borders with each other and our most recent conflicts. Here, here, and here are the problem areas."
    "I see. And this one," she pointed to the smallest area of conflict, "Is in the centre of two joint villages. I’ve studied the history of these particular settlements in depth and they cannot function without the other and, seeing as I have no doubt that we will have to decide who gets the villages, we might as well go by precedent."
    "And that is?"
    "For the majority, both villages have been on Byzantine land. It has only been since the ascension of Vladimir that these villages have been on Bulgarian land."
    "So I see no need to change what has been the norm. You may have the villages. Now, to other deals - "
    "I refuse to cede Byzantine land to Bulgaria! You and yours have stolen enough of my land."
    "And I will not cede Bulgarian land to Byzantium! We took that land fairly in battle and I cannot and will not allow you to take back what is ours through right of conquest."
    "And again, an impasse. I do doubt the former Empress’ ability to reason when I think upon the refusal of our marriage contract. It would have been much easier otherwise."
    "You know as well as I the customs of all the courts of our neighbours both far and near. I have been co – ruler of my lands with my mother for one year and should I ever choose to marry he will rule alongside me and he will be commander of my armies."
    "And you won’t like that. I take it you will have a consort or bear a child from a man you refuse to name." It was a well – tried jab, one she had heard all her life.
    "Even you must admit that was wise. Your own father never named your mother either, only saying she was one of his consorts." He nodded, it was true, and they’d both done nothing but benefit from it as they had no ties to other royal family’s to worry about. "Ever wondered about who he was?"
    "Not particularly, but naturally I’ve devoted some time to trying to find out. Time of conception and the visiting nobles do offer some clues. And yourself?"
    "The same. His consorts did come and go so often it’s quite hard to keep track of who was present when.
    "But again we digress."

She slumped gracefully and rested her chin in her hand, tapping her nails against her cheek. "I won’t allow you any of my land; you won’t allow me any of your land. Perhaps it would be best if we froze our borders as they are? They already tend to follow natural boundaries or have been settled fairly in battle."
    "Except here and here. But I suppose we could have one apiece."
    "Logical." She nodded approvingly, "So which one do you want? I’ll let you have first choice, after all, you let me have the double village." Which just so happens to be one of the most productive metalworkers in all of Eastern Europe. "I’ll take this area, you take the other." He’d taken the woods. Good choice. "I do think you may have come out with the better part of the bargain." He smirked happily.
    "Possibly Curly, possibly."
    "So it is settled, this shall be our border." She began to mark out the new border on the map, in accordance with their proposals. "Agreed. Shall we bring in the scribes to make it all official?"
    "Yes." And with the treaty agreed upon the two rulers adjourned to their houses awaiting the interminable feast and ball that would doubtless come.

"Ah, Baba, I trust your machinations are going according to your plan."
    "Why should it be that the Empress of all Byzantium wants to know what this wretched old Baba is planning?" Curly frowned at her fingertips where each nail showed a likeness of one of her teachers. "Stay out of my thoughts grandmother,"
    "I know you more than you think, forget not our Oaths. But I commend you on your novel mirrored nails concept. Imagination and interpretation is a key ability to a Baba of the Spoleczenstwo." The iron voice softened slightly in a rare compliment. "I thank you. It also seems the soothsayer is working as he should. ‘Ware him Baba Gravf, ‘ware him."
    "He is but a soothsayer."
    "And I am but a mere girl – Empress." The Baba reflected in her nails nodded once, well the way she imagined the Baba to be did. It took too much energy to do often, so she only toyed with it on her nails. “Do widzenia young one.” Her nails changed from obsidian darkness to silver. How uncharacteristically kind. "She must be impressed."

"That stupid girl, letting me take prime forest land. And that icy mask of hers, it’s not quite perfect yet, so easy to displace. But at the cost of my own disposition.
    "Stupid, but lucky. Very lucky indeed."
    Raising his glass he toasted the girl he was set to duel with until one or the other of them died. Morbid thoughts drifted from contemplation of death to one committed. "At least she doesn’t know of that yet."

Spoiler
    Show

diet – meeting/treaty
    lignji kosti - Slovenian for . . . you guessed, squid bones! (Well, Google Translator says so. In this context it’s an actual place

This is actually one of the longest fics I've ever written. Hope it was worth the read and that it fits into the whole story.
    Many thanks to Helgraf, ghost_warlock and Mangosta for telling me some useful background information on their characters or concepts where needed. Especially Helgraf.
    I hope my depiction of the arts of the Spoleczenstwo and the teacher/student relationship works well.
    Oh, and I so got our feud in there ZP, so enjoy it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #1292

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Because then a sixty-fourth note becomes a hemidemisemiquaver, and a one hundred twenty-eighth note becomes a QUASIhemidemisemiquaver. Silliest nomenclature ever.
    'Cause those come up so often...
    Seriously, I've scarcely if ever seen even a demisemiquaver, never a hemidemisemiquaver. Quasihemidemisemiquavers I'd never even HEARD of before just now. Nomenclature is fine as long as you stick to sensible notes.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Unfortunately my time is short and I can't comment on all now.

Just one question for Lyinginbedmon. Could you define tentatively for us in this case? In other words, what would be the qualifiers that you're looking for to make it a part of Redemption?
    Well, at some point Mordokai's castle/citadel/stronghold/etc. is going to take some heavy flak. My thought is that either he's attacked directly by those hoping to redeem him or Lying escapes and starts breaking stuff. Either way, Lying's escape is something I'd like to be involved.

After all, he's Isaz's godfather. She's got some beatings to take for this bad behaviour.

Isaz is the character personality I'm attempting to attach as Mordokai's fiendish companion, the one keeping him on the fallen track when no-one else is reinforcing it.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-01-04 at 10:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

Thankyou Coidzor, the thing is, ideas come and go with me. They can pop up in mad bursts in a few minutes, or it can take months before I think of something new. So my next one may take some time to even raise its head from the depths of my mind.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could've made this one better?
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-01-04 at 11:01 AM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

That was good Curly. Heh. Treaty negotiations. Always a dangerous place to tread.

Redemption Index updated.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-01-04 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And for my first entry in IStLY. This takes place in AD927 and is taking place a few months before Good and Evil. Just assuming that Turtles' prequels come around AD928 and it's an empty year.

IStLY prequel
    Curly/ZP
    The Diet of Lignji Kosti
    Spoiler
    Show

*snip*

This is actually one of the longest fics I've ever written. Hope it was worth the read and that it fits into the whole story.
    Many thanks to Helgraf, ghost_warlock and Mangosta for telling me some useful background information on their characters or concepts where needed. Especially Helgraf.
    I hope my depiction of the arts of the Spoleczenstwo and the teacher/student relationship works well.
    Heh. That was fan-tasty-ic, Curly. Some great lines in there, particularly: "He was certainly more handsome than his father was." *snicker*
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-01-04 at 12:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

CRACKMOBILE WEEWOOWEEWOO : Part 2 (Really more of of a continued plot-setup)
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a chilly December morning in London. Dr. Bath was browsing the streets of Camden, looking for ladies to seduce. His Ph.D had stayed at home, curled up in the special Ph.D basket because of some bizarre ailment.

Hours passed, and Bath had failed in his usualy quest to impress ladies with his Ph.D. He was headed home, when two odd (even by Camden standards) ladies caught his eye. He approached - one was leaning on the lampost, wearing clothes about a century out of date and looking around with binoculars. The other was half-snake, twined around the lamppost with a crossbow.

Bath approached, apprehensively.
    "Uhm. M-my good wome-" he started, but was rapidly cut off.
    "We are not 'Your good women', you foul piece of porcelain! I am, in fact, not a woman at all! I simply am performing Shakespeare soon, is all." snapped the one in out-of-date dress - Bath dared not point out that the dress was not out-of-date enough, because the snakewoman was pointing a crossbow at him.
    "Sorry. What, uh, is your business here? You look a little odd. Even for camden-folk." questiond Bath, as a merman in a tutu walked by, drinking Baileys from a shoe.
    "We're assassins, see. Removers from the candyfloss of life all those little razorblades that people find so bothersome." confided the serpentine woman, still pointing the crossbow.
    "Mh-hmm. And right now, you see, dear freind of porcelain, we are to tbe the razorblades for a comedienne. If you see a Peter Kay, would you send him our way, hmmm?"
    Bath mused on this for a while.
    "Listen. I've got a proposition for you..."

Meanwhile - woowoowoo scene-blur changelines

The Ph.D crawled out of bed hours ago. It regretted betraying its master like this, sometimes. Of course, then it remembered the incident with the cupboard, and felt deeply proud of itself for such a bold act of rebellion. Rabbit seemed to agree, and the PM affair continued in secret - all traces deleted, for the Ph.D still feared discovery, and the subsequent wrath of his master.
    Last edited by Lyesmith; 2009-01-04 at 02:16 PM. Reason: MOTHERFRIGGIN' TYPOS
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Aziraphale - Soooo absurd. Loves it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, I read it, 'Zira...

This just getes weirder and weirder.

So what is Dr. Bath's PhD IN?

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    So what is Dr. Bath's PhD IN?
    Oncology. Duh

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    :applauds:
    Bravi, bravi, bravissimi [misspelled, no doubt. Pronouce phonetically.]
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ettin in the Playground

*Gasp*

Can it be true?

But it is. Draken has a small story to post.

True Monsters are Born
    A Redemption fic, about that side of the conflict we prefer to forget, the one were evil you cannot Redeem lurks. (Starring: Lord Magtok and Draken; Minor participation: Korith. Mentioned: Nil, Mordokai, Destro.)
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a game, of war, but it was real. Or at least, it would come to be real soon.

One side was made of white pieces, and their king was a small statue of Saint Nil, the other was made of red pieces, and the king was a small image of Mordokai. And between the two was a tower with a tiny, robed green image. And elsewhere in the great board, which imitated the vast plains, there was a castle of glass. And elsewhere yet, further away into the board which covered the floor of the room, was a black army whose king was not in the board. For this king was Lord Magtok himself.

The two armies together outnumber us five to one… The wizard alone has proved himself to be a fair match for a good number of soldiers… In the best scenario, Mordokai wins, Nil’s forces don’t join him, Mordokai is weakened, and I strike. No… That is not the best scenario. It’s the only scenario, anything else happens and I will be a fool to make a move.” – Magtok stared into the ceiling – “And why am I speaking alone again?

Are you alone... If you are with the dark void?

Magtok turned around to face a voice that was easy to recognize, for he heard it many times before, and he hated it.

Draken Frosthand. What brings you, of all beings, to my humble fief of maggots, oh emperor of bugs?

Magtok addressed a column of ebon flames burning inches above the floor, he knew that would not prevent the scorching of his expensive marble floor, because the fires were not what would cause it. It was a power far viler.

I come, Magtok, because no one else is willing to work with me."

Did you actually try?

I would waste no time taking answers I know."

Mordokai?

Enjoys his newfound freedom, Magtok, he is not like us, like you and me. You know what they say… ‘Those who have felt the light’s embrace, and fell from its grace become monsters most foul.’ But we know that is not true. Heroes are made, monsters are born.

You had to use that line didn’t you?

Yes. I did. Now back to the business, he is not like us old friend” – With these words, the flames dies and from within came something horrible, it was like an insect wearing the form of a man, but it was old and decayed by the weight of eons untold. Were Magtok’s robe was plain and featureless, Draken’s mantle was of a deep dark blue with golden trim, flowing from under richly adorned pauldrons made of a metal that was sickening just to gaze. But most disturbing of all was that this all covered nothing, for the creature was a discorporated head and four clawed hands. – “While he enjoys what he does, I believe, I am afraid the future for him is written in lines of the past, a true shame, the boy would have… Potential.

I enjoy a villainous speech as much as the next one but I have a war to plan and the pieces are moving alone Frosthand.

Fine. You need soldiers. I have soldiers to spare."

And you are offering them because?"

Do not interrupt me Magtok. As you know, I have an empire to keep, and some of the materials we need are very, very rare."

And here lies my great question. Your army is larger than mine. Your army is larger than us all, in fact. And you are offering part of it for me to use to bolster my small forces” - Draken stared sternly at Magtok as he proceeded. – “This leads me to believing that the majority of your troops and commanders are focused on a more critical position, and this is nothing but an opportunity for you.

Should I call you Lord Magtok, King of the Obvious?"

Why should I accept your aid.

Why, you are desperate. There is only one situation in which you will attack, and even so, it is not entirely likely to happen.”

Am I that desperate to risk putting my trust in you of all things in the universe?"

But you know there is no risk. Because you will put no trust in me, you will watch as my creatures swarm into the battlefield and fight alongside them.

You could turn on me."

The same can be said about you."

What is this resource you wish?

That which none of you wants."

I will not even try to ask what that means. When will you be ready?"

Now, and ever.

… Fine. I will take your help."

The creature of bone and chitin crumbled to dust and was blown off by winds that did not exist, and Magtok was alone again in the room, only him and the black spot in the white marble, which would not leave, and he knew it.
    Magtok opened his communicator, open line to Korith.

Korith, report.

Nothing new My Lord. Nil is still arching towards Mordokai, I don’t know how much more it will take and I - *burp* - Sorry milord.

Magtok cut the communication there, went to his board and decided to add a few dark blue pieces, again, with no king.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    *Gasp*

Can it be true?

But it is. Draken has a small story to post.

True Monsters are Born
    A Redemption fic, about that side of the conflict we prefer to forget, the one were evil you cannot Redeem lurks. (Starring: Lord Magtok and Draken; Minor participation: Korith. Mentioned: Nil, Mordokai, Destro.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    Applause! Nicely done.

More Draken fics please!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Draken fics are awesome.
    We got some important Magtok screentime, and a little bit of hope for Mordokai. Thought it did come from the villains, so I'll go get the salt.

Very interwoven and well done sir.

Any particular way you want your character blurb to read?

V Done and done.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-01-05 at 02:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ettin in the Playground

"Aspect of Draken Frosthand: A shard of an Evil of ancient times, known mainly for Nihilistic designs."

The words in capitals are deliberately so.

Also thank you, thank you. I did say it is not bad for my first such work in english and my first such work in about two years.
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-01-05 at 02:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

Ship Wars

Episode V: The Empire Ships Back
    Part 6

Introducing:
    Deathslayer7 as Liriel
    Saint Nil as Master Saint Nil Yoda

(Full cast list and links to previous instalments here)

Spoiler
    Show
    "Why didn't you let me take the controls?" Artoodihan grumbled.

"I was letting the Force guide me to Master Saint Nil Yoda," Fanboy Skywalker explained, as they climbed out of their crashed ship.

"You crashed the bloody ship!" Artoo yelled.

"You didn't have to say that. It was just covered in the narration," Fanboy said.

"We're looking for a single person on an entire freakin planet. We could spent years and never get any closer to finding this Saint Yoda Nil whatever--"

Fanboy pointed to a sign that read Master Saint Nil Yoda's Hero Training and Baked Goods.

With a smug expression, he said "Never doubt the power of the Force."

"Oh, come on now, that was just lazy writing!" Artoodihan grumbled.

They reached the cottage and Fanboy began knocking on the door.

"Go away!" a voice from inside said.

He kept knocking.

A hatch on the door opened and an old man looked through the door. "What?! What?!"

"Are you Master Saint Nil Yoda who used to run the Jedi Council?" Fanboy asked.

"I was until that bratty kid Bath Vader turned evil and killed them all. And thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it. We're closed!"

"I've got money!" Fanboy cried desparately.

"That's more like it. Come in! What sort of training do you need. Vampire training?" Nil asked.

"No."

"Elf training?"

"No."

"Brooding mysterious anti-hero with a tragic past training?"

"No."

"Wizard?"

"No."

"Ninja?"

"No."

"Pirate?"

"NO! I want to be a Palajedi, like my father before me!" Fanboy declared.

"Knowing your father as I did, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. What's your motivation?" Nil asked.

"Revenge!"

"Revenge? That's a terrible motive for a Palajedi!" Saint Nil Yoda said.

"Liar! Liar! LIARRRRR!" An old woman came stomping in brandishing her broom.

"Get back, witch!" Nil said.

"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife. But after what you just said, I'm not even sure I want to be that anymore." Liriel said. "True love, he said true love."

"Um, no I didn't." Fanboy said. "I'm consumed with hatred. No time for falling in love. Not to mention the only girl I've spent any time with since I left Tatooine is my twin sister."

"Well somebody said 'true love'," Liriel said.

All eyes fell on Artoodihan.

"Okay, it was me. My true love is with the rebellion at the rendezvous point, and I'd really like to get this training montage over with so we can repair the ship and get back to him," Artoo said.

"Since when can droids fall in love?" Nil said. "Sorry, kid, no can do."

Liriel started after her husband with the broom. *thwack* "Nillie, so help me--" *thwack* "--you'll help these kids--" *thwack* "--or you'll regret it--" *thwack*

"Stop! Calling! Me! Nillie!" Nil yelled back, as he tried ineffectually to evade the broom whacking. "And stop thwacking me! I'll do it!"

Liriel set the broom down and beamed. "You will, darling, really?"

Nil pulled Liriel to him and kissed her sweetly. "Anything for you, my delicate little blossom."

Artoodihan looked away. "Hmph. Organic beings can be so disgusting sometimes."

"You're one to complain--haven't you gotten all the nookie in this series so far?" Fanboy muttered back.

Nil finally broke off from the kiss and smiled. "Okay. Let's get to work."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

Hurrah, Ship Wars!
    Rabbit is pleased =)
    I'm gonna get the Vamp itp Maggy, I'm gonna get the Vamp itP Maggy ::happyhappy::

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

18. - Top - End - #1308

*Finally catches up on thread.*

Ooh, Ship Wars! *Reads*
    *Snickers* Very good.

Right, now maybe I can get round to writing something...
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Golly, Ship Wars is funny. It was worth the wait, HT!

Now... to catch up on the rest of the series!

20. - Top - End - #1310

And I have written something! Inspired by certain comments in the crush thread:

Creepy doesn't really cover it any more...
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Oh, you’re just so very sexy… I can’t help myself… Mmm…”
    “Ghost, what are you… no, wait, allow me to rephrase that. What THE HELL are you doing?”
    “Leave me alone! I’m busy!”
    “But… I- I’m just lost for words here. I feel like there should be some snarky comment, maybe a quote from something, but I’m just drawing a blank.”
    “Good! No go away and let me get on with making out with my signature!”
    “…OK. Well, I suppose at least it can’t really get weirder-Gah!!”
    “Oops. Sorry about that. Guess we should’ve stayed a bit further away from the door. Uh, hi.”
    “Raistlin… what are you doing with all those hats?”
    “Just, y’know… having a bit of fun… care to join?”
    “I- but- they- they’re inanimate objects!”
    “Well, yeah, but I mean, have you seen the curves on your trilby? And Rabbit’s top-hat? Mmm, baby!”
    “Er… right… I’m going to, er… flee now. Bye!”
    “Damnit… must be… somewhere… someone… not being so creepy… Ahh! Sorry Rabbit.”

“Heya Thufir. I was just having some… ‘quality time’ with my zombies, but you can hang out here too if you like. I mean, if it doesn’t creep you out too much.”
    “Y’know… compared to some of the stuff I’ve seen just now… it really doesn’t…”
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground

Psh. I would so ditch those hats for Rabbit and her zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    And I have written something! Inspired by certain comments in the crush thread:

Creepy doesn't really cover it any more...
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Oh, you’re just so very sexy… I can’t help myself… Mmm…”
    “Ghost, what are you… no, wait, allow me to rephrase that. What THE HELL are you doing?”
    “Leave me alone! I’m busy!”
    “But… I- I’m just lost for words here. I feel like there should be some snarky comment, maybe a quote from something, but I’m just drawing a blank.”
    “Good! No go away and let me get on with making out with my signature!”
    “…OK. Well, I suppose at least it can’t really get weirder-Gah!!”
    “Oops. Sorry about that. Guess we should’ve stayed a bit further away from the door. Uh, hi.”
    “Raistlin… what are you doing with all those hats?”
    “Just, y’know… having a bit of fun… care to join?”
    “I- but- they- they’re inanimate objects!”
    “Well, yeah, but I mean, have you seen the curves on your trilby? And Rabbit’s top-hat? Mmm, baby!”
    “Er… right… I’m going to, er… flee now. Bye!”
    “Damnit… must be… somewhere… someone… not being so creepy… Ahh! Sorry Rabbit.”

“Heya Thufir. I was just having some… ‘quality time’ with my zombies, but you can hang out here too if you like. I mean, if it doesn’t creep you out too much.”
    “Y’know… compared to some of the stuff I’ve seen just now… it really doesn’t…”
    So, um, can we consider this a 'canon' fic, then?

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Psh. I would so ditch those hats for Rabbit and her zombies.
    Seriously, who wouldn't?

Great job, Thufir!

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is all rather amusing... nice job by all..

Now back to work on the next story....

25. - Top - End - #1315

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    So, um, can we consider this a 'canon' fic, then?
    Canon of what?
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-01-05 at 09:00 AM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Canon of what?
    canon
    4. a fundamental principle or general rule: the canons of good behavior.
    5. a standard; criterion: the canons of taste.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    canon
    4. a fundamental principle or general rule: the canons of good behavior.
    5. a standard; criterion: the canons of taste.

Silly, GW...

Also, gonna try to get a new chapter up this Lunch, today.

I am sorry for the delay in the next MAT Chapter, but it's about 8000 words long and I have been trying to find a way to split it in half...

@V: Not a bad idea. I'm super excited to see you back, Dirk!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-01-05 at 10:34 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Barbarian in the Playground

I haven't yet caught up - working on it now.
    Just wanted to say I'm back (hi!).
    Oh, and I saw a bumper sticker that said "SHIP HAPPENS" in great big letters and I think we should all get one.
    Here are some I found online, not the same, but whatever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

Yay! Dirk's back! *hugs*

Now I can start working on IStLY again.

Oh, and the link there isn't working (not for me, anyway). This one should be okay, though.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-01-05 at 10:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1320

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I haven't yet caught up - working on it now.
    Just wanted to say I'm back (hi!).
    Oh, and I saw a bumper sticker that said "SHIP HAPPENS" in great big letters and I think we should all get one.
    Here are some I found online, not the same, but whatever.
    Quick summary:

Rabbit and I finally brought Mordokai down

GW once again created a shortage of brain acid

Koorli continued to prove that sometimes 100 words is all you need

Now everyone's trying to redeem Mordokai