1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Shipping V: The Squick and The Dead

The (Un)lucky Rabbit's Foot

starring RHL/Destro
    Spoiler
    Show

Rabbit stopmed around screaming I want it! I want it! I WANT IT! she screamed. Destro grimaced in pain at the high pitch she had, and covered his ears until she finished.

I'll get you one honey. he said, trying to calm her down. I promise.

But I want one now! Rabbit shouted.

You will have one by morning I promise.

Rabbit pouted, but accepted it. A golden ticket by morning was better then no golden ticket at all.

Night fell, and Destro soon went searching for a golden ticket. He passed through walls easily, and opened wrapper after wrapper. He spent the whole night looking, but he still hadn't found one by morning.

He returned home empty-handed.

Rabbit screamed and hit Destro in the legs when he said he still hadn't found a golden ticket. She continued to scream I WANT IT! for the next half hour. Destro sighed and promised her that within three days, she would have a golden ticket, but only if she didn't disturb Daddy while he worked. In the end, she agreed.

Destro went down to his lab, and thought. What would be the easiest way to find a golden ticket. The idea just jumped into his brain. Search for metal in a candy store. Of course. Gold had its own unqiue properties to it, and he could easily distinguish it from iron or aluminum. So he set about preparing a spell. For two days and nights, he prepared the spell. Half the time, Rabbit stood outside the door, listening to him work, but never interrupting or making a noise. As long as she knew he was trying, she didn't mind.

When he finished, he set out the third night, once more searching the stores. This time though, he didn't unwrap the candy bars. Store after store he searched, looking for a golden ticket. With dawn approaching, he thought he might not find one, but that's when he felt the tingle. The tingle of something made of gold. He smiled and unwrapped the candy bar.

In it, lay a golden ticket. He tucked it into his shirt and returned home.

Rabbit smiled as she held the golden ticket in the early morning rays. She was very happy and hugged Destro around the waist. Destro sighed. He would do anything to make Rabbit happy. Afterwards, he took a long nap.

enjoy.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Destro has been listening to old songs lately, because they came out of nowhere and got stuck in his head and so he had to listen to them to make them go away. However, it does make for good ship fuel! And thus, I present

Jet Plane
    RHL/Raistlin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raistlin stood in front of the door, not really wanting to knock. But he had to. He couldn't just disappear. He raised a hand, thumped the door a couple times, and stepped back. He didn't have to wait long.

Rabbit opened the door, sticking her head out to see who was there. Raistlin?

Hey. Sorry to be here so early and everything, it's just... He sighed. I'm going on tour again. Don't know how long I'll be.

She smiled, as the taxi blew his horn in the background. Raistlin glanced back over his shoulder. I'll be here.

Thanks. Rabbit, you know I love you, right? They had some rough times in the past. Nothing they couldn't overcome in the end, but it was there.

Of course I do. She ran her hand along his cheek. Don't be away too long, ok?

I won't. And I'll think of you the whole time. Raistlin leaned in and kissed her. Goodbye Rabbit. He slipped away, running for the taxi.

Wait! Rabbit was running down the path behind him. He stopped and turned, just in time for Rabbit the throw her arms around him. Goodbye Raistlin. I love you. They shared one last kiss, in a moment which couldn't last long enough, and then he jumped into the taxi and pulled away from the curb.

Rabbit watched it go, smiling slightly. Inside the cab, Raistlin had turned to stare out the back window. He would only be gone for a time, but it felt like it would be forever.

Yeah, I know. Really short. And Raistlin? Please don't kill me.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Twobit-Do I sense a fight scene next? Write! Now!

Fred-Very nice. I liked the character reactions. Remeber though, humility is just as important as bravery.
    Honestly, great job. I look forward to the sequel.

Dirk Kris-One word. MOAR!!!!

Curly-Yay for triple ships!!! Actually, hooray for anything Curly in general.

Happyturtle-Thank you for bringing respect back to that scene. I could kiss you for that.
    Actually, I will. *kiss*

Ms.Malaboge-I look forward to this. A good idea, so I can't wait to see it's execution. Nice work.

Deathslayer7- Perfect role for rabbit. Excellent work.

Destro-Short, yet sweet. *gives thumbs up*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

and i did find a spot for you in the ship. Same with Ghost Warlock fyi.

Forgot to tell you. It's a minor role though.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Hello.

Going to start writing my first ship sometime this week or weekend and thought I'd put my general idea out there to see if it was too horrible or not.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*

I figured I would ask if my current character placements were ok with the people involved and also ask for volunteers for nefarious henchmen/red shirts.
    is it to late to sign up?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

@ deathslayer- Yeah, I can totally see Rabbit and Destro doing that. Good job.

@ Destro- Bittersweet. Mostly sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Yay! New thread!
    Rabbit approves of the title, and applauds Destro.
    She also approves of all the new fics, especially DS's Destro/RHL, Destro's RHL/Rai, and Curly's drabbles, which always make her day fantastico.

She's also wondering why she's speaking in third person and why she's not indexing.
    Ohhhh, well.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

*pokes head in doorway, looking around* Uhhhhhh, can I join you guys? I love this kind of stuff. *looks at topic and tilts head to the side like a cunfused dog* Can someone explain the topic to me please?

I would also like to comission someone to create for me a good werewolf avatar for me to use, contact me if you can do this.
    Last edited by wolflord; 2009-01-07 at 04:58 PM.

The bird of Hermes is my name,
    Eating my wings to make me tame

I is in love with an otter and she is very shady!

Please click on my dragons because I wish for them to live.

Dragons!Click here to see my other dragons!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wolflord View Post
    *pokes head in doorway, looking around* Uhhhhhh, can I join you guys? I love this kind of stuff. *looks at topic and ***** head like a cunfused dog* Can someone explain the topic to me please?

I would also like to comission someone to create for me a good werewolf avatar for me to use, contact me if you can do this.
    first off, read the first post, you'll understand quickly.

Secondly, avatar requests usully go in request an avatar thread.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-01-07 at 01:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks for filling me in. *scratches head and looks over his shoulder watching for RHL* She's out there hunting me I know she is. It feels as though she is toying with me.
    First fic not romantic, unless RHL would consent to that. It may become an ongoing story with the help of RHL if she would like to do a colaboration.

The Hunt Begins
    RHL/wolflord
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deep in the woods the sound of footsteps crunching on the newly fallen snow can be heard. Deep breaths can be heard, as a young man comes into sight stoppingto lean against a large oak tree.

"The more you stop the closer I get."

The man looks up to the sky then all around him unable to see anything through the blinding snow. He knew she was taunting him, playing cat and mouse with him.

"Why me?"

He shouts to the woman he cannot see. His voice raspy from inhaling too much cold air, the burning in his chest was starting to grow more intense. Moving away from the treethem young man takes one more look around with his deep blue eyes before running off once more.

Please give me feedback, I know it's short.
    Last edited by wolflord; 2009-01-07 at 05:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Hehe. Interesting, Wolflord. We'll see if anything comes to mind.

And, even though I SHOULD be indexing or sleeping or something more productive, I've decided instead to continue the Destro/RHL series.
    <<

Vinaigrette
    Destro/Rabbit
    Spoiler
    Show

"But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one compares with you."
    He had been following her voice, purposefully quiet. She hated to think anyone could hear her.
    "And these memories lose their meaning
    when I think of love as something new,"
    Rabbit had been singing it frequently since the walk in the woods, under her breath, and she always halted when she could feel him near, unfortunately.
    "Though I know I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before, I know I'll often stop and think about them. In my life I love you more."
    She wasn't horrible... she just wasn't good, either. In anycase, it all came to a sudden stop, and the door of the room, opague, was thrown open.
    "I know you're there, you old lich." Destro smiled and bowed himself into the room, the door having shrunk to accommodate the shorter necromancer.
    She sat on a padded alcove, looking out the window, watching the snow finally melt away, so that patches of dark earth peeked up. Moving slowly, Destro stood behind her, glancing over her head to the outside world. The two went on in silence for some time, before Rabbit muttered just loud enough for Destro to hear.
    "You know what I miss most about being alive?"
    It was surprising. Never before could Destro recall Rabbit ever uttering anything to evoke thoughts of wistfulness regarding her undead stature. He had been quite certain, almost, that she had willingly chosen her current nature.
    "What, my queen?" He hardly called her by her "title" any longer. It seemed an arbitrary thing, a formality no longer applicable between the two of them.
    "Its not even the ability to feel cold or heat, or anything. Its not the certainty that perhaps I am capable of love, or the knowledge I'm not an abomination. It isn't the instincts, or the hormonal reactions to certain things. Its not smelling the freshly grown tomatoesin the garden that I still continue to grow, despite the fact I'm unable to do anything with them." Rabbit glanced up to Destro, her eyes wide with desperation and glassy-pink with unspilled bloody tears.
    "I miss eating pickles."
    And with that, she clenched her eyes closed and huffed a deep breath, droplets of precious carmine dripping from her eyelashes.
    Destro smiled, pulling the undead woman against him in an embrace, and she whimpered.
    "And I didn't really even like pickles, either!"

Mmm, it doesn't contribute nearly as much as the others, but I thought doing a small moment would be fun =)

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

PLease call me Wolfy all my friends do. In fact anyone here that wants to can call me Wolfy.
    Last edited by wolflord; 2009-01-07 at 05:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Wolflord-I definitely like your descriptive text. That was well done. Not much more to comment on really. That I can think of right now, anyways.

@ Rabbit-Heh. Pickles. Still pretty bittersweet. I like.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

I...can't believe there's a dozen new fics for me to read. And I was only asleep for, like, four hours? So...tired...

Okay, not sure how many of y'all check the permissions thread often but I finally broke down and updated the permissions list myself since it doesn't look like YPU is going to do it; Linky. I...will try to keep on top of the thread and archive additions as they crop up. (Note that all I've done is copy YPU's old list and add all the new people since he stopped updating; I didn't clean out any out-of-date information, such as possibly banned posters and such...)

Anyway, I'll try to focus and get some of these read and commented on. Might take a bit of a while so I'll do it piece by piece, starting with the most recent stuff.

@RHL: Any brain that can produce a fic like this one is a brain I have to love. All of the other awesomeness about you is just gravy. Delicious, pomegrante-flavored gravy. Maybe with just a hint of pickles. Yummy.

@wolflord: A nice, short and sweet, introductory fic. Be careful, though, you may want to take warning from what happened to another person/lycanthrope RHL hunted...

@Destro: Reminds me of years ago, sending a girl I loved off on a plane to visit her folks...a sad moment from a happy time.

@ds7: I...I've read the first one before, right? Or am I just so tired I'm hallucinating? Eh, cute bratty Rabbit is cute and bratty. SCIENCE! scores some points for Destro...and I'm jealous of his nap. Anyway, I'm liking this series, thanks for finding a spot for me.

@Happyturtle: In space, noone can hear you break the fourth wall! Yeah, I know, that was bad. I'm sorry.

@Curly: Three-for-one, surely we are blessed!
    I'm feeling more than human,
    I feel unstoppable, I think I just found my cure
    You think it's just illusions,
    Anything's possible,
    Elysium has a door
    And it's all so unexplainable I know I don't ever want to leave...

-"Elysium" by Vayden

@Dirk: Definitely a fic worth re-arranging the IStLY archive for. I'm really liking the angle you've taken with Brandelle's...weirdness...pointed out by GW. Most of the time she seems so innocent, but then... I wonder what the future holds for her and Mordokai in this series; what mysteries Brandelle will allow to be revealed and which she will keep hidden.

@Fred: You know...I think I am going to write a sequel. You have been warned.

@2bw: Have I told you before that I love this series? Yeah? Well, that's good, cuz I do. I anxiously await the humiliation Destro inflicts upon Wolfbane; the curr! (Yes, I realize that I've left it a bit ambiguous as to which of them I mean as the 'curr' - neener neener!) Also, Reinholdt, you should really have more faith in your captain. Mutiny, pah! Don't you have ship-rats to be hunting?
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-01-07 at 05:48 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Thunder
    Fredthefighter/ghost_warlock
    sequel to Fredericks Last Stand
    Spoiler
    Show

All is darkness deep underground, save for two torches in a sequestered hall.

The air ripples around a gray figure seated on a throne of obsidian; his pressured thoughts an orchestra to set the torches dancing. Stalking his mind through potentiality, he considers all things. Chronology has no substance, no binding on a realm of pure contempation. His garb is simple: gray robe with hood pulled low to shroud his face. No skin catches the light, even his hands draped with the trailing sleeves of his robe.

Swirling through the hall, ghosts of former thoughts yet haunt: the Malices. Dragging tails like smoke through the pitch, they scowl and shriek. Their lamentations speak to separation from their creator: Ghost Warlock, the Gray Philosopher. Cast aside, they are abandoned outcomes, possibilities that never came to fruition. Forgotten dreams and sacrificed hopes, they keep their master's company hoping always to remerge with him, remerge with the world, and claw and gnaw their way back to the light above.

A second of silence graces the hall, the Malices turning their attention to their master as he shifts his thoughts to something new. A pulse of speculation flickers the torches.

Witnessed through his mind's all-seeing eye, the Philosopher considers a death. The death of a one Fred, fighter: insignificance playing at a destiny much greater than itself. The Philosopher chortles, raises his arms. Gray sleeves slip down gray wrists, revealing gray hands. Hands held outward, each white palm bears a solitary black symbol. One hand for life, one hand for death.

The Malices spin inward, striking profitlessly at one another as they converge on their master. Each one takes the most direct route to outstretch hand, scrambles to be first to reach the creator.

One by one they swim into his hands, flashing white the symbols upon his hands as each Malice is consumed. Balance broken, chance has spoken, choice thusly made.

Torchlight illuminates for the briefest second the Philosopher's wry smile before he bows his head once more in thought. Screaming at their misfortune to not be chosen, the Malices swim out from his hunched form. Outraged, forsaken, they resume their circling.

All except for one.

Upon the surface, lightning strikes in rain-soaked darkness. Thunder splits the night and swallows sudden gasp as life returns to the entombed.

Second strike of lightning shatters stone sarcophagus, spilling one Fred Theodore onto the muddy ground; sleep of death dispelled.

The white eyes of the Malice burn in Fred's memory for a second only as he screams in the night. Possibility reborn, destiny has been re-written.

Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-01-07 at 11:24 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Coming Attractions!

1. A new Redemption fic starring Raistlin as a wandering bard.

2. The next Ship Wars instalment.

Both are written already, longhand, and only need to be typed in, but no time during a short lunch break. So coming tonight after 6pm GMT.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #47

I think I'll just ship Antony's little out of base activities. No reason other than to give people an example of how to RP him.

Antony and his Wooly Socks
    Spoiler
    Show
    There be nothin' I like as much as me wooly vest. It be scratchy, and itchy, and there be a tilly room fer bitchy. Now, I amn't been ta the market in a nop, an' I t'ought I might go fer a looksy.

The weather be fierce like nothin' I ain't neva' seen, bu' I walked me way there like a true Scirishman! Took off me fuddies 'o' course! Me feet were turnin' all brommy from the winter heat! Luckily there amn't no need ta be worryin' about no brommy feet since I could jus' go 'n' make a new inky pair. Don't matter, none. Jus' need ta mind me fuddies now 'n' then.

I hit the market, but it be all flashy 'n' full 'o' hoppers. Steerin' clear of them an' any deks smellin' bad, I find meself a real haro place for woolen shirts an' the like. Oh, the joy I be havin' from this feelin' of wool against me skin. It be feelin' better then doin' some 'o' the ol' umbitumbi!

So I try meself a few pairs 'o' wooly socks, an' I buy'em wit' me special gold. Special meanin' it be drawn up to melt a sun and a moon later. Left fer the gootnop after gettin' them, an' when I found me house I tried'em on. They be odd t'ing. Socks. Neva' gonna understand'em, bu' I may as well wear'em fer the sake 'o' me fuddies not smellin' like some terro deks bup.

Take that, English language!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking forward to it, HT.

And it's another case where there were too many great ships to point out at the moment. I have to leave for work in a few minutes so can't be as thorough as GW, but I think what he says about covers my feelings...

Mostly

Because GW is kind of a weird guy...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    I figured I would ask if my current character placements were ok with the people involved and also ask for volunteers for nefarious henchmen/red shirts.
    I want in! Me me me me!
    *raises hand*
    *waves wildly*

Wolfy - well done, bucko. I'm ready for more.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

@ GW- Crazy Warlocks and their screwing up with destiny. Is nothing sacred?

@ BU- *blink* *blink* *rereads* *blink* ............. Alrighty then. *backs away slowly*
    Good job, um, conveying Antony. That definitely got across.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    @ BU- *blink* *blink* *rereads* *blink* ............. Alrighty then. *backs away slowly*
    Good job, um, conveying Antony. That definitely got across.
    Hmm... it seems there's no smiley to let me say what I want to say...

In any case, I'm sorry that I went strong on his accent. See, that's him at his fullest (or maybe a little less). I RP him in a more mild tone so he's at least understandable with the glossary, and wikilink.

Aren't you happy I didn't make it longer?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just because I feel like they haven't been shipped enough lately...
    Blind-sided starring Mangosta/Mauve Shirt/??? (open for a female!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mangosta held his breath, carefully testing each step to make sure it wouldn't squeak.

That damnable woman had evaded him for weeks now, but he was sure he had her cornered. He had caught a glimpse of her turning, from behind, and he was sure it was his quarry! He had watched the building, making sure no one left. They hadn't. Mangosta waited for night to fall.

Under the cover of darkness, he found a way in. Years of training sprang to his memory, his long retirement seeming like it never existed. He checked each room, listening, searching, leaving no trace of his presence behind him.

He was good at this business, of sneaking and stealing life.

Mangosta had one room left, a single spot (save for a hidden room) to find her. It was a bedroom - he could tell from the styling on the door and the deep, even breaths he heard behind it. She was there, sleeping, whimpering softly as she dreamed. And for good cause - death was approaching. Mangosta smiled grimly. It was time.

Carefully, silently, he eased the door open and entered. He didn't bother closing it - there was no one else there. He crossed to the bed, a glint the only sign he'd pulled his dagger. He held the blade high in one hand and with the other, tore back the sheets.

It was...not her.

His arm stopped its killing blow in mid-arc. Despite himself, Mangosta sucked in a sharp breath. He had been so sure!

On the bed lay a girl, no older than 13. She trembled a bit as the cold night air bit at her skin, her warm covers gone. She reached, and when she didn't find her covers, her eyes fluttered open.

Mangosta dropped the sheet and took a step back, looking for cover. He silently cursed the openness of the room, its sparse furnishings. Now he would have to kill the girl - she'd seen him!

The girl reached for her sheets, finding them at the foot of the bed - not somewhere she would have kicked them off while dreaming. She gasped, searching the darkened room. "Who's there? Someone? Hello?"

Mangosta frowned. He was in plain sight, yet she didn't seem to see him. He held perfectly still, his shadow casting a dark spot across the bed and girl.

The girl held her hands to her ears, cupping them. Her head swiveled back and forth in the dark. "Mother? Father? Have you come back for me?"

Suddenly he realized - she was blind. Mangosta's shoulders sagged. It seemed he wouldn't have to kill her after all - no collateral damage. But it meant he would have to keep searching for his target.

Eventually the girl gave up, silent tears streaming down her cheeks. She pulled the covers back up over her and lay down, crying quietly until she fell asleep. Mangosta dared not move for fear she hear him and wake. He stood motionless, long after his legs had fallen asleep and felt like lead. Finally he exhaled loudly and turned to leave the way he had entered. In a moment of pity, he closed the girl's door, lest she fear there had been a late-night intruder.

Back out into the night he crept, unaware of a pair of eyes, slit in anger, watching him. After he was gone, she started chuckling quietly.

The prey found she rather enjoyed being hunted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Ooo, fun! But for the record, if I was chasing Mauvey, I don't think killing would be on my mind. Also, mad props for breathing some life back into IStLY.

Let's see, looking through the pages that have come up since yesterday...

Just discovered Ship Wars a couple days ago. Loving it and can't wait for more.

Not sure what to make on this Antony fellow. Bloody crazy Irish...

Seems like it's always the good guys that get brought back. Well, I guess the upside is I'll only have to die once.

I expect that the Willy Wonka story will be greatly amusing. Looking forward to more of that.

I always enjoy a well-written story, even if it is a bit sappy.

For possibly the first time, we have Rabbit chasing a guy instead of the other way around. I sense potential for entertainment.

@Malbolge - I wouldn't mind being under those lovely ladies in your prohibition story.

We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, demand MOAR KOORLI!

Need I say anything about the pirates, or can you just look at my avatar to determine my approval?

Looks like work is going to be busier now that people are back from vacations and I can actually proceed with my projects. While this is a good thing, as it means no more sitting in my office rotting all day, it also means less time for writing. I'll try to put out the occasional story, but I doubt I'll be as prolific as I was when I started out and could get one done just about every day.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2009-01-07 at 01:11 PM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

To all those that gave me feedback so far I thank you. I'm also glad that someone called me Wolfy.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Not to burst your bubble Ghost Warlock, but I already had plans for Moradin to send Fred back as a Human child called Richard Theodore Rogue (Can you guess what he'll turn into). Then twenty years later, Fred revisits all of his old friends from the night he died. Each sequel would be a visit to one of his friends.
    First one - Cristo
    Second - Nil
    Third - Mordokai and Flora
    Fourth (Surprise twist) - Rabbit
    You'll know when the twist happens.
    Although I did like your idea of Fred being ressurected, but I was thinking of reincarnation (Possibly to allow Fred to view life through the eyes of a different person).
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Not to burst your bubble Ghost Warlock, but I already had plans for Moradin to send Fred back as a Human child called Richard Theodore Rogue (Can you guess what he'll turn into). Then twenty years later, Fred revisits all of his old friends from the night he died. Each sequel would be a visit to one of his friends.
    First one - Cristo
    Second - Nil
    Third - Mordokai and Flora
    Fourth (Surprise twist) - Rabbit
    You'll know when the twist happens.
    Although I did like your idea of Fred being ressurected, but I was thinking of reincarnation (Possibly to allow Fred to view life through the eyes of a different person).
    Go-Go Alternate Reality! Wooooo! I did say that the Gray Philosopher contemplates "all things" in potentiality. I'm sort of liking the idea of parallel storylines, one where Fred was brought back to life and one where he was reincarnated; could take a look at the various ways this has affected the world.

Or not.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I've written my version of the sequel.
    A new dawn
    Featuring the spirit of Fred, Moradin and Cristo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The story of Frederick continues.
    Fred's spirit sat in front of Moradin, listening to the words of the wise god.
    "Frederick, it is not your time yet, you have more battles to fight"
    "But my lord, I have already died"
    "Yes, but I am giving you a second chance, there are people who need you right now, people who need help. You are going back, I cannot guarantee how you will turn out, whatever skills you learn will have to be used to fight evil wherever it rises. I will allow you access to the funds you had gained in your previous life. I will also grant you any equipment you need, all you need to do is ask. Of course, I will only grant you what you abosolutely need, ale doesn't count"
    "Yes my lord"
    "Are you ready Fred?"
    "Yes"
    "Then just answer this, what race would you like to be?"
    "I'm sorry, I don't understand"
    "I can reincarnate you as a child of any race"
    Frederick whispers in Moradins ear.
    "As you wish my son, may your blade forever strike true"
    A golden light glowed in the sky, Fred's spirit was flung back to earth, into the womb of a young woman, she could not have been older than 20, her husband by her side.
    "Push Matilda, Push!"
    The baby emerged, a small boy.
    The man held him in his arms.
    "What shall we call him my love" asked the woman.
    "Richard, Richard Theodore Rogue"

Twenty years passed and young richard grew to be a handsome young rogue, just like his father.
    He was agile, with the mind of the man he had once been. A deadly foe in combat and a master thief. He was tall, his eyes were blue like the sky, long blonde hair tied in a ponytail, muscular yet nimble.

Richard walked into the tavern, his hood over his head so that no one could see his face.
    A bard sat in the corner playing a song.
    "Oh that Fighter, he was so bold,
    But his life for us was sold.
    Why won't he return,
    No one can say,
    Come back Freddy,
    Come back Today!

Return to us good old Freddy,
    We need your axe by our side,
    We have no time to bide.
    Evil marches against door,
    Defend these lands like you did before."

The bard stopped and went to the bar, Richard sat on a stool beside him.
    "That was a good song".
    "Why thankyou good sir" The bard was oblivious to who Richard really was.
    "You know Cristo, I miss him to, more than you know, but he isn't completely gone"
    "How did you know my name? And second, how did you know Fred"
    "Cristo, would you believe me if I said that Fred is still alive?"
    "What! How can that be?"
    "He..... I'm still alive"
    "What does that have to do with Fred?"
    "Sit down Cristo"
    The two sit down in the corner.
    "So, explain yourself stranger"
    "Cristo, it's me, I'm Fred"
    "Don't insult me liar, I am no fool"
    "Listen Christopher, I am Fred"
    "But you can't be, I saw Fred die! But, wait.... did you call me Christopher?"
    "Yes I did"
    "No one has called me that since...." The bard trails off into a long silence.
    "Is it really you" Cristo swallows "Fred, is it you?"
    "Let me explain Cristo, after I died, I spoke with Moradin, he told me that my fight with the demon wasn't my last, he sent me back as a newborn baby on the night of my death, I've done some growing up since then"
    "So what is your name now?"
    "My name is Richard. Richard Theodore Rogue"
    The two sat there for the rest of the night, speaking of old adventures over steaming pints of ale.

To be continued.
    Next installment: Brothers in Arms, featuring Saint Nil.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

It Obviously Doesn't Run in the Family

starring Fred the Fighter/LIBM
    Spoiler
    Show

Thwack! Thwack! Fred the Fighter brought down his plastic axe on an invisble enemy. He was laughing as he sliced the air in half.

Lyinginbedmon (now referred to Lying) walked through the archway and saw him playing with the axe again. He sighed again. This was the fifth time this week he had hid that axe and Fred had found it.

Fred was oblivious to Lying as he snuck up on him. Lying reached over and quickly grabbed the axe out of his hands.

Fred grabbed for his axe only to find it in Lying's hands. He cried. My axe! Give me my axe back! Waaaaaaaaah! Please!

Lying responded harshly. No. Now get back to your studies. he said, pointing at a nearby table.

Fred started bawling, and dropped to the floor. Lying picked him up and placed him on the seat. He pointed to the book for a few moments, letting Fred calm down.

If you finish the book by lunchtime, I'll let you play with your axe.

Fred wiped his sniffles away, and started reading the book. Lying watched for a while before going back to his own studies, taking the axe with him.

Fred stuck his tongue out at his back, and gave him a mean glare.

Later, during lunch

Did you finish that book Fred? Lying asked him, as they sat down.

Yes. Fred mumbled, not looking up from his plate.

And what was it about? Lying asked.

Fred stood up on his chari, and lifted his arm high. It was about a dashing prince who had to save a beautiful princess from the clutches of an evil dragon!

Not that book. Lying said, frowning. The other one.

Fred sat back down in his seat. It was about the dangers of magic. he said mumbling once more into his plate.

And did you read the entire book? Lying asked him.

Yes. Fred lied.

Then answer me this: what is the worst type of danger a wizard can ever face? Lying asked him.

Fred thought for a moment, he remembered something about this. It had been something to do with fighters, so he kind of enjoyed that part. Then it clicked.

Never get caught within range of the fighter! he shouted out loud.

Lying nodded. Good job. he said, smiling proudly.

I have a present for you Fred. he said, reaching behind him.

Is it my axe? he asked, gripping the table with his hands, eagerly awaiting his toy.

That, and something else too. He pulled out a candy bar. I got this for you. For doing a good job this morning, you can have it now. he said, giving it to Fred.

Fred smiled and bit right into it, he stopped for a second thinking. This tastes like paper. he said after a moment.

Lying looked at the bar for a moment and grabbed it back. He unwarpped it, which Fred didn't bother to do and looked inside. In it, was a partially bitten golden ticket.

Lying smiled. Fred, I think you just got another present. he said, smiling to himself.

He looked up to see Fred whacking the table with his axe.

He placed a hand to his forehead and sighed. What did he do to ever deserve this he wondered.

enjoy!
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-01-07 at 06:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Firbolg in the Playground

And now, good sirs and ladies of the thread I present you with what has come before in:

Definition drabble

Outraged
    Accentuate
    Domicile
    Alienist
    Prolix
    Dragoon
    Ineffable
    Golem
    Jurisprudence
    Definition - by Helgraf
    Lothario
    Exculpate
    Touchstone
    Prelapsarian
    Remora
    Kickshaw
    Bifurcate
    Simulacrum
    Undulant
    Wisenheimer
    Conciliatory
    Videlicet
    Scapegrace
    Sanguine - by Helgraf
    Frieze
    Zany
    Frigorific
    Aphorism
    Tocsin
    Imperative - Helgraf
    Lollygag
    Elysian
    Candor

And now:
    Sanction - to make valid or binding usually by a formal procedure (as ratification)
    Spoiler
    Show

Turtle wandered through the city seeking the red and dark temple to Sekhmet, bloodiest of goddesses, in search of something: her name. Not her human name, but the one by which she might be bounded to the Scarlet Lady she had chosen to follow.
    Spying her target she entered proudly through the door that would let the members of the Order of Sekhmet know what she needed. The Naming Ceremony. It would bind her eternally to the warrior goddess.
    She entered and the order bowed before her and took her to the inner sanctum. "What is your name?"
    "Odjit Akana."

Note:
    Spoiler
    Show

Odjit - Ancient Egyptian name - meaning: wicked
    Akana - Ancient Egyptian name - meaning: vessel/bowl

Read as: Vessel of Wickedness

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Dirk- Assassins are mean. Good one.

@ Fred- "ale doesn't count". Hehe.

@ DS7- gotta love that kid's one track mind. Keep up the good work.

@ Curly- Twisted. Very nice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast