New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VII: Something Squicky, This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And yes, the piring does fit the story and song.
    What? The mistress of word and book made a mistake in spelling?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    What? The mistress of word and book made a mistake in spelling?
    It's called a typo. Most often, they happen as a result of uncooperative keyboards combined with speed typing and an automatic instinct to press 'submit reply' immediately after finishing a thought. For example, my '2' key doesn't like to register that I've pressed it, so a lot of numbers I try to give people wind up looking weird without my actually having made a mistake (for example, it took 3 depressions of the key to get that two to display).

Yay, excuses!

Boo, laziness! Get to work, Phoe!

3. - Top - End - #903
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    It's called a typo. Most often, they happen as a result of uncooperative keyboards combined with speed typing and an automatic instinct to press 'submit reply' immediately after finishing a thought. For example, my '2' key doesn't like to register that I've pressed it, so a lot of numbers I try to give people wind up looking weird without my actually having made a mistake (for example, it took 3 depressions of the key to get that two to display).

Yay, excuses!

Boo, laziness! Get to work, Phoe!
    Yah. That happened.

Notice: There are eleven days until the Phoe Alarm goes off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

Destro: Semisonic's Closing Time, right? Good song.
    Also, goodship <3
    Rein/Rabbit pairings make me happy, and even moreso when its from you. Thank you. It was incredibly sweet.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

5. - Top - End - #905
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Requiem Mortis - Part 3

D-Day
    Requiem Mortis Part 1
    Requiem Mortis Part 2

Requiem Mortis Part 3
    (A Whatley Academy story)

Spoiler
    Show

The procession began shortly afterward; the students rising from their places and filing out, once again resembling nothing so much as a sea of black, perched upon which nested a flock of slate gray mamora drakes, broken up only occasionally by a rarer bone white specimen - these were the faculty and academy staff in attendance. The young woman quietly told him that all members were present for the memorial save for those on observation duty.

She hadn't had to tell him about observation duty; it was a regular part of the life at Whatley; the instructors and senior staff were all assigned rotas throughout the year, periods in which they withdrew from teaching to ensure that the Academy remained secure and isolated. Senior students were occasionally given dispensation to shadow one of the instructors during their rota - it was considered a mark of no small esteem to be nominated for the position. Mordokai wondered, briefly, what it must be like, to spend nearly a whole quarter in that fashion but dismissed the possibility - for all that he might have missed, he could not help but notice the internal politics that went on daily at the academy; a matter he involved himself in as little as possible.

They'd descended two flights of stairs, and now the dwarf-certified perfectly smooth walls had given way to a more natural environment; the stone here was rough-hewn; the air damp and bearing a scent that was equal parts sweet and bitter. He recognized a couple of preservatives that the temple laity had used on the older scrolls and tomes in their collection, but could not place the source of the sweeter scent that accompanied it.

The sound of quiet footfalls had been overtaken by the faint rhythmic sound of distantly dripping water; a pace that was measured and even, and that the students had seemingly unconsciously adjusted their forward pacing to match. The passage opened up into a chamber where once again the precision of master craftsman had been put to the test; a single, huge sheet of obsidian comprised the floor of the enormous chamber the students filed into; the ceiling was high enough as to be lost in the darkness above. Gypsum flowers crawled over the natural cavern walls, and phosphorescent lichens provided illumination. In the center, a hemisphere of pearl hued light swirled, obscuring what lay within.

A shimmering field, looking like the skin of a soap bubble, emerged from the darkness above. As it slowly descended toward the heart of the cavern, a figure in a white doublet and hose could be made out within. Tiny crystals woven into the outfit released streamers of aethyric energy into the air around. As the bubble touched the obsidian floor, it faded away.

A low murmur rippled through the crowd.

"Who is that?"

"That's not Professor Serpentine. It's always been Professor Serpentine who leads the memorial ... "

"Could it actually be ..."

"Arch-chancellor Whatley?"

The figure made a sharp chopping gesture with the left hand, and the noise was cut as suddenly, surely and absolutely as a master crafted blade would shear through flesh, muscle and bone. Mordokai felt the faintest thrumming for just a fraction of a second - and then it was gone. His companion was madly scribbling something ... on the back of her hand. He bent his head slightly to try and make it out.

Control so fine it doesn't even feel like it's being applied

He swallowed once - and could not help but notice he could not even hear the sound of it. A drop of sweat began to bead upon his forehead. He did not have long to consider it, however, as the figure began to speak. The voice carried through the chamber, echoed perfectly, reaching every ear without distortion.

"Students, faculty, and to any watching from afar. We are gathered here this day to honor those who have gone before us, those whom have given all they had for us, for the Academy and for all that it stands for - for all that we stand for, and all that we must endure. And we have endured much and many trials since these doors first opened, so very long ago.

Fear, confusion, and close-minded bigotry. These are the evils that stand behind so many of those who oppose us - oppose our ways, our methods, aye even the very nature of the work we must perform. They whisper in the ears of the mighty and the meek alike; telling half-truths and distortions, building on ignorance and willful distaste. Besmirching us and our good names, sullying our reputations, accusing us of consorting with t'kousa, diabola and worse.

Fear and confusion, lies and greed. These are the roots that grow the harvests of sorrow, war and death; these are the strings that set nations to dancing.

These are the monsters that we learn to fight. That we learn to perceive all around us, because when we can see them clearly, then we can name them and know them, and in knowing them, we can defeat them. But to do this, we must be able to face them unflinchingly - to look the horrors in the eye, and see their fingerprints inside every one of us. Every person interred in these crypts has fought these same battles, faced these same monsters, both within and in the world without. They have, one and all, been where you are now.

Professor Serpentine would tell you their stories. She would explain their significance, humanize their efforts and remind you, no matter how great their power, how influential their manner, she would find ways to show you their essential essence, the ways in which they were and are still like you and I.

"Professor Serpentine was one of the best instructors we have ever had at Whatley Academy. It is with great sorrow that we inter her tonight in the crypts, to join many of her associates who have preceded her. It is with inestimable sadness but necessary resolution of purpose that we commend her relics to eternity."

The Arch-chancellor knelt before the glowing sphere in the center of the room, and was silent for the span of a few minutes before rising again to address the stunned and confused crowd of students.

"At this time, the faculty will direct you to the crypts for a period of quiet meditation. You may take as long or as little time as you need; tomorrow's lectures and practicals will be rescheduled; please see your individual professors for any further alterations to your schedules.

"Whatley grieves for one of its own, this Requiem eve. Remember Professor Serpentine in the days and weeks to come."

And with that, the Arch-chancellor turned and slowly faded away. The faculty began the process of directing the students once more - with the Arch-chancellor's departure, her subtle effect faded, and several of the students gave voice and tears in grief for the loss.

Mordokai wrestled with his own feelings - he'd not had the professor as his instructor, but they'd met and spoken together a few times over the last year - she'd been one of the few people at the Academy he felt he could trust implicitly, and now she was gone. He looked over to the young woman, and saw her wiping at her left eye a moment before replacing the spectacles. He reached out, taking her other hand in one of his own and they leaned on one another, sort of wobbling their way toward the crypts; the fire of earlier curiosity cruelly doused by the news.

to be continued

Cast of Characters this episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai, "Miss construed", Arch-chancellor Whatley, Professor Serpentine (deceased)
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow, 'Graf. I love the vivid imagery. Makes it all...wow. Brain fails me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a little afraid of this school Helgraf. Any place capable of messing with your brain like that should be avoided. By blowing up. With a nuke. Fired from the next solar system over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #908

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Wow, 'Graf. I love the vivid imagery. Makes it all...wow. Brain fails me.
    I'm glad to hear this. I had to rewrite a couple of portions of this section several times over to get the feel correct in my head and I still wasn't entirely sure if I'd succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I'm a little afraid of this school Helgraf. Any place capable of messing with your brain like that should be avoided. By blowing up. With a nuke. Fired from the next solar system over.
    If you aren't at least a little afraid of what Arch-chancellor Whatley can do, then I haven't done my job correctly in portraying the character.
    Your discomfort in the implications is entirely apt.

9. - Top - End - #909

Never Fails starring Rabbit/Reinholdt/Kara Kuro (mentioned)/Happy Turtle (mentioned)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rabbit climbed the hill to her safe place, her happy place. A light breeze mussed her already-messy brown hair, whipping it about her face like a living mask. She sat down in the sunshine and plucked the lone daisy growing there. She smiled sadly as she reflected.

Stay here, or go for the internship? She had always dreamed of making a living by creating art, and going to Paris to study under mistress Kara Kuro - a well-known, established artist, would go a long way towards securing her credibility. Possibly the most important decision of her life, and she was reverting to the old childhood stand-by.

Rabbit plucked the first of the daisy's petals. Breathless, she whispered as she watched it carried away on the breeze.

"He loves me..."

An innocent bump in a coffee shop that led to an afternoon spent talking and laughing. Reinholdt, his name was, and he was so cute! He seemed to flinch away from everyone else, but with Rabbit he was open, friendly, and he laughed like it was a new thing for him. As evening fell upon the town, he had walked her home, clasping her hand loosely in his when a group of guys leered at her. It felt good - really good. When they got to the front of her apartment building, she'd stood on her toes to kiss his cheek.

Another petal.

"He loves me not..."

"What do you mean, you don't remember what happened?! I get a text message from some guy telling me you are making out with his buddy at a party and you can't remember?!"
    "I had too much to drink, that's true. But Rein, I'd never, EVER do that! Don't you know that by now?!"
    "I'm not sure what I know anymore."
    The door slams.

Another petal.

"He loves me..."

Rabbit came home, exhausted. She was startled to find the front door unlocked. She thought of calling Reinholdt, afraid to go in, but her cell phone was dead. She bit her lip and stepped inside, tucking her hair behind her ears so she could see better.

Reinholdt was there, in the kitchen. He stood over the stove, stirring something.

"What the hell, Rein? I was scared to death!"

He grinned, that smile that always made her anger melt away. "You said you were having a crappy day. Thought I'd surprise you. I made some pasta and ran you a bath. When you're ready, I'll wash you and rub your back and try everything I can to make your day better."

Rabbit smiled and slowly crossed the kitchen to him, kicking off her shoes as she went. "What would really make my day would be if you got into the tub with me."

Reinholdt stripped off his shirt and scooped her into his arms, forgetting the food cooking behind him. "My pleasure."

They made love until the smoke alarm went off.

Another petal.

"He loves me not..."

"Hey Rein, just thought I'd stop by and see you on my wa-" Rabbit froze when she realized he wasn't alone in the darkened apartment. A quiet gasp gave the girl away. Rabbit flicked on the light switch. Reinholdt and a dark-haired girl - one Rabbit recognized as Happy - blinked against the sudden brightness. Their clothes were on, but dishevelled. Happy's lipstick was smeared across her lips and chin, and Reinholdt rubbed his face furiously to try and get her shade of crimson off.

"Babe, I...it's not what you think." He walked over to Rabbit, trying to comfort her.

Rabbit slapped him - hard. "How could you?! I ignored everyone when they said you were a player, told them that it was just rumors, that you'd never cheat on me! How stupid was I to fall for it - all of it?" Angry tears formed in her eyes, and before she could stop them, they spilled onto her cheeks. "I hate you."

Reinholdt smiled. "No you don't. And what can I say? I'm a man, I have needs. You were unwilling."

Rabbit gaped. "Ohmigod - it's been 2 days, Rein! TWO FREAKIN' DAYS!" Happy smirked at them from the couch. "And you don't even have the decency to tell her to leave?"

Reinholdt shook his head. "It's not her fault, and she's my guest."

"Unbelievable. We're over. I am SO through with you." This time, it was her turn to slam the door.

Another petal.

"He loves me..."
    Another petal.
    "He loves me not..."
    Another petal.
    "He loves me..."
    Another petal.
    And another.
    And another.

Rabbit lost track of how many it had been. The memories all tumbled together, the good and the bad, the happy and sad. Before she knew it, she held the last petal in her hand. She looked down at it, lips trembling. It held the answer, the choice, her future. She let it go, watched it dance in the wind until it vanished over the next hill. A single tear slid down her cheek as she stood and brushed her hands off on her jeans. At least now she knew.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

10. - Top - End - #910

HalfOrcPirate

Wow...Dirk...that was great. Really sweet and touching. Thumbs up.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

11. - Top - End - #911

Thanks. I wanted to leave it open to interpretation - it can be a happy ending or a sad one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

DirkyDirk: Maybe its just me, but I got the feeling it was a sad ending.
    Why is it always Rein breaking my heart in these ships fics, anyways?
    <3 Thank you, Dirky

— Iain S. Thomas

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a good ship Dirk.
    That's why I kind of despise the idea of my "playa" status. I really hate the idea of hurting people like that.

I may have to get rid of it soon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

I was going to do something else, but I felt that this might just be a little more.... fitting. I hope you guys like it.

Just close your eyes
    Rabbit/Reinholdt
    Featuring Destro
    Spoiler
    Show
    It had been a good day. Reinholdt thought to himself as he stood in front of the door to the house he shared with two of his friends. He hadn’t got into trouble, nothing bad had happened and for once, things were going well.

That was until Destro bust through the door and stormed past him. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Destro, they were good friends, he was just jealous of him, for what he had. He had the brains, the looks, the money and most of all, he had Rabbit.

Rabbit was his closest friend. Reinholdt couldn’t remember a time when they’d been apart. Unfortunately, whenever he tried to tell her how he felt, he bottled it up, he just said that it was nothing.

Such is the true nature of life. He thought to himself.

He saw Rabbit crying in the middle of the front room.

Rabbit, what’s wrong?

It’s Destro, he left me, said that he just didn’t love me anymore, that he's found someone else.

Oh Rabbit. He said as he gently led her to the couch. Don’t be sad, he’s just one guy, there’ll be others, others who are more deserving of a girl like you.

I don’t know what to do Reiny.

Wow. He thought to himself. It had been a while since she’d last called him by that name.

I gave him everything he could ever want and more and he still left me for some cheap harlot.

Rabbit, don’t worry. You, are a beautiful, intelligent, funny and amazing young woman. Any guy with half a brain would kill for a girl like you.

You really think so?

I know so.

He smiled at her and she smiled back. Now was the time he told himself mentally.

Rabbit, I have something to tell you, and I don’t know how you’re going to take it. I-

She interrupted him.

Reiny, before you say anything, close your eyes.

I don’t know, the last time someone told me to do that I ended up tied to a lamppost.

Just close your eyes, please, for me?

She gave him her best puppy-dog eyes look. She knew he couldn't resist it.

He did so and Rabbit gently ran a soft hand down the side of his face, he almost jumped at her touch, but soon regained his composure. She pulled herself closer to him and planted a long and sweet kiss upon his lips.

They remained there, as if they were locked together, for quite some time.

When she pulled away, she smiled.

Don’t worry Reiny, I already know.

Today had been a good great day.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #915
    Troll in the Playground

Fred: D'awww, that was cute. I can't see Des ever being a meanyface like that, but, still. Very adorable.
    N'thank you

— Iain S. Thomas

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Bottle stuff up! Yes! It's the only way to go!
    Umm...
    I mean...
    Great ship Fred. I enjoyed it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

Fred: D'awww, that was cute. I can't see Des ever being a meanyface like that, but, still. Very adorable.
    N'thank you
    Neither can I really, but I had a mindblank.
    Thankyou.

EDIT: Thanks Reinholdt, I'm glad you liked it.

EDIT 2: I'm feeling a little bit shippy today, so here's something short.

Good Morning
    Raistlin/Brandi(Dirk Kris)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the first light of sunrise dawned through the window, Raistlin woke up. He smiled as he viewed the lovely lady lieing right next to him. She looked even more gorgeous than usual as the sunlight crawled over her soft skin.

He planted a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Morning.

Morning Rai-Rai.

So, what do you want to do today? He said as she slowly caressed his side.

We could go see new museum exhibit. she said with a joking smile

Raistlin's smile faded a little at her suggestion.

Or we could just stay at home all day. she said with a mischievious wink.

And his smile became a grin as she pulled the covers over them.

A good morning indeed. The two of them both thought.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-05-25 at 01:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

18. - Top - End - #918

Freddy: sweet and endearing, both of them.

And I suppose my ship is sad either way you see it - either she leaves the man she loves, or she passes up the chance to live out her dream, hoping her relationship works.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

Gasp! Brandi stole my nickname for Rai! =O

=P

— Iain S. Thomas

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Freddy: sweet and endearing, both of them.

And I suppose my ship is sad either way you see it - either she leaves the man she loves, or she passes up the chance to live out her dream, hoping her relationship works.
    Thankyou Dirk.

And yes Rabbit, yes she did. Kill her now, take your vengeance. Strike her down when she's not looking..... only joking.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #921

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Thankyou Dirk.

And yes Rabbit, yes she did. Kill her now, take your vengeance. Strike her down when she's not looking..... only joking.
    Ah, yes, I see what you did there. And no, Rabbs, don't murdalize meeeeee.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

22. - Top - End - #922

Queenfics

Don't Stop Me Now
    Spread Your Wings
    Who Wants To Live Forever?
    I Want To Break Free
    Love Of My Life
    You Don't Fool Me
    Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon
    Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Killer Queen
    The Show Must Go On
    Too Much Love Will Kill You
    You're My Best Friend
    I Want It All
    Another One Bites The Dust
    Save Me
    The Invisible Man
    Bicycle Race
    Barcelona
    We Are The Champions
    Scandal
    Bijou

Daddy Tooby Subsection

Seaside Rendezvous Ep. -2
    Friends Will Be Friends Ep. 0

Queenfic

Rabbit/Maggy
    In the Lap of the Gods
    Spoiler
    Show

I live my life for you
    Think all my thoughts with you and only you

They sat side by side, a little awkwardly with a few feet of space separating their bodies. It was rather a big bench and the two occupants clung to their armrests with obvious discomfort, perhaps wishing the other wasn't there so they could each be alone with their thoughts.
    If only they knew how the other felt. Then, maybe they would act differently.
    He thought of her.
    Her manic, slightly psychotic giggle and her penchant for beautifully artistic methods of execution. The way it she smiled and, depending on her mood it was as sweet as ambrosia (not the custard, he feared custard with a passion that Saur reserved only for clowns) or as chilling as the frigid winds that echoed through the Underneath wherein only the Darkest Ones slept uneasily.
    He treasured her compassion. That only she cared for him, and would help him after the latest Obliterate - 'Em - All - But - Especially - Maggy - fest had scattered him to the nine corners of AMEN.
    He wished he could kiss her, that would never happen though.
    He loved her, but did not want to say it.
    He edged closer to her.
    Anything you ask I do for you
    I touch your lips with mine

She thought of him.
    His diabolical laugh and the devilish gleam of his red eye shining bright beneath the darkness he shaded his handsome face in. The way his twisted mind could think up evils and daring inventions that brought terror into the minds of all sane people (AMENites were hardly sane, so they really didn't count), yet sheltered a compassion that it seemed only she saw. He was suave and sophisticated, but hid it beneath a comic bumbling. How endearing.
    Some few times she'd had to give him the kiss of life because his clone factories were temporarily out of work - it wasn't always her fault! - and his lips were so soft. Addicting too. She wished she could kiss him while he was awake.
    She loved him, but feared rejection.
    She edged closer to him
    But in the end I leave it to the lords
    Leave it in the lap of the gods
    What more can I do?

Perhaps it was best to leave these things to Fate?
    But their hips were touching, and the pregnant silence was all but begging to be broken.
    She broke it. "Nice view."
    " . . . Yeah . . . "
    The things unsaid were broadcast so loudly, so clearly, it was a wonder the spying AMENites didn't hear them.
    - Beautiful.
    - Just like you.

"Shame about the clouds though."
    "They always say nature ruins the best things."
    - There's always something in the way.
    - The Gods think they can toy with our lives. Maybe they should.

The silence strangled them and left them sitting once more uneasily on their stone bench.
    I leave it to you

Then again. Gods are very fickle, and we AMENites are seldom looked upon with favour by any of them. Should things be taken into mostly human hands?
    I want you to

"Well, we can leave tomorrow to the dark and hideous gods we extort our powers from, but today, I want you in my lap. Right now and forever." And he pulled Rabbit gently into his satin shrouded lap and held her serenely as they watched an orphange burn to the melodious music of screaming, and as the clouds cleared they saw a beautiful sunset beyond. "Anything I can have of you I can have? Then I want you, now and forever."
    Perfect.

Yes, it's a fond return to one of my favourite pairings. Hope you two enjoyed.
    Meantime, aka as I was writing the above I've decided the following things:
    1) In the Lap of the Gods Revisited will not be a sequel to this.
    2) Flick of the Wrist is so patently about Maggy I can't not write a fic to this.
    3) I need to write more songs from the Sheer Heart Attack album.
    4) Next is possibly Lily of the Valley
    5) As well as Ep. - 1 of the Daddy Tooby Subsection, which will be to Las Palabras De Amor
    6) I am so writing a fic to 4) after that! Dude!
    7) There are way too many good Queen songs. Alone on YouTube I've favourited somewhere approaching one hundred and thirty songs. That's counting their concert segments as all one song by the way, so it's closer to two hundred I'm thinking.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-05-27 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Formatting

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #923

Queenfic

Rabbit/Maggy
    In the Lap of the Gods
    Spoiler
    Show

Ship goes thar, Cap'n!
    Awesome. I'd say more, but my internet connection barely kept itself together long enough for me to get this far.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

Eeeeee~
    Its been so long since I've even thought of Rabbit/Magtok, and this was pure...fricken awesome.
    You are most awesome, Koorly, goddess of shipping. I bow to you.

— Iain S. Thomas

25. - Top - End - #925

5) As well as Ep. - 1 of the Daddy Tooby Subsection, which will be to Las Palabras De Amor
    Yay!

So, was the last chapter of Whatley too off to the side for most people with the character focus shift, or?

EDIT: Also, 7 days left on the Phoe-Alarm...
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2009-05-27 at 01:24 AM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, it's a fond return to one of my favourite pairings. Hope you two enjoyed.
    Meantime, aka as I was writing the above I've decided the following things:
    1) In the Lap of the Gods Revisited will not be a sequel to this.
    2) Flick of the Wrist is so patently about Maggy I can't not write a fic to this.
    3) I need to write more songs from the Sheer Heart Attack album.
    4) Next is possibly Lily of the Valley
    6) I am so writing a fic to 4) after that! Dude!
    7) There are way too many good Queen songs. Alone on YouTube I've favourited somewhere approaching one hundred and thirty songs. That's counting their concert segments as all one song by the way, so it's closer to two hundred I'm thinking.
    Yay! I can't wait to see more Daddy Tooby work from you!

I need some cheering up today, due to some bad car troubles...

27. - Top - End - #927

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Yay! I can't wait to see more Daddy Tooby work from you!

I need some cheering up today, due to some bad car troubles...
    *jabs with the Happy Stick cattleprod*

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    *jabs with the Happy Stick cattleprod*
    Cristo, you always know how to rev MY engine...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-05-27 at 09:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

And I have another ship, which makes this post something that totally isn't a bump.

Whatever we want to be
    Fred/Cycoris
    Spoiler
    Show
    She sat by Fred’s bedside and held his hand, he was so cold, so close to death. She didn’t know why she was here, maybe she felt like she owed it to Fred, because he had always been there for her and that she should be here for him now, maybe it was because nobody else had came and maybe it was something else entirely, whatever it was, it didn’t matter, what mattered was that she was here and that she wasn’t going to let her friend die alone.

There were no scars upon his head, only a bruise upon his right cheek. The car had given him that mercy in a way, all the wounds were hidden. Broken bones, torn ligaments and a coma.

She noticed a small bulge in his shirt pocket, like something had been hidden there. She leaned over and gently removed it from its hiding place. Fred never even made a sound. It was a small piece of paper, folded eight times. On the front was written only one word, her name.

She slowly unfolded the note and read it quietly, whispering each word.

Cycoris,
    If you’re reading this then I’m either dead or close to it. If it’s the first one, then don’t let the contents of this letter ruin the rest of your life, I want you to be happy. We’ve always been there for each other, friends until the end, and I want you to know that whatever happens, I’ll always be with you, if not in body then in spirit. Right, that’s the easy part done with, now for the hard part.

We were always very close, closer than friends usually are, I don’t know how you’re going to take this next part, but here goes nothing. Cycoris, I love you and if I don’t survive what I’m going through (or if I’m already dead), I just want you to know that my love is always going to be there. I want you to know that it has always been there. If I’m still alive and I survive, then don’t let it get in the way of our friendship, the last thing I’d ever want to do is lose you.

Love from,
    Freddyfoo.

Oh my god. She mouthed silently, then she smiled. He, he loves me.

Three months later
    The two of them walked out of the hospital, smiling about the fact that it was finally over. She still hadn’t told him that she’d read the letter.

Fred?

Yes?

When you were in hospital, what did you think about?

The only thing I had left.

And what’s that?

You.

She smiled and they kept walking, but the tension within her kept growing, she’d kept the secret for too long.

Was this what Fred felt like all the while? She asked herself.

After a few minutes she couldn’t take it anymore and it just came out.

I read the letter.

What? he said in a surprised tone.

When you were in hospital, I read the letter that was in your pocket.

Oh.

There was a short silence that seemed to last for an eternity.

Is it true? Do you really.... she couldn’t quite finish the sentence.

Well, there’s no denying it now, so yes, it is true Cycoris, every last word of it. But it’s okay if you don’t feel the same way, I’m perfectly happy with just being friends well, not perfectly happy, but still cont-

She silenced him with a kiss.

Fred’s eyes went wide and closed again as he pulled her closer.

She pulled away.

It’s okay Freddyfoo, we can be, whatever we want to be.

They both smiled.

So, do you want to go see a movie or something

Sounds great.

And they walked away, hand in hand.

I hope you like it.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-07-06 at 03:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #930

It was pretty good, but I didn't like the ending. It wasn't as emotional as the rest.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine