New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VII: Something Squicky, This Way Comes

And normally I would have just put this up as part of the other, but I can count. Everyone has probably forgotten about this story by now, which means this is the perfect time to post the next chapter!

Btw, Ghost (if you're still around, if not, whoever is doing the archive), the story "Sowing Seeds of Chaos" is part of the Redemption saga. And the 4 stories under "unnamed serial" are part of Crossing Stars.

Hope - Crossing Stars Chapter 7
    Rabbit, Twobit, Happy, Felix, Malia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ceremony over, Rabbit returned to her quarters and hurled herself onto the small cot that served as her bunk. Her eyes glistened with tears of impotent fury.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twobit nodded in satisfaction. “Have her normal duties suspended until further notice. And announce to the entire crew that she is available for recreation.” I told you, girl, that I would break you if I had to.

Twobit opened a commlink to the medical bay. “Is there any word on Wolfbane?”

“He’s alive. Barely. At this point, we don’t know whether or not we’ll be able to resuscitate him, sir. Even if we do, I’m not certain that he’ll ever fly again.”

“Then take him to the recycling tanks.”

“Sir! There’s still a chance that we can save him!”

“He’s no use to us as a vegetable.”

“But - ”

“You have your orders.” Silence reigned on the bridge of Vengeance as he severed the link and the crew exchanged glances behind his back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix stared blankly at the reports of the disaster. The largest fleet ever assembled, routed. His eyes kept fixing on one line. We were betrayed. It could scarcely be believed. Yet there, on the recordings taken from the vessels that had escaped, was the evidence. Scores of Terran Navy warships suddenly turning on their comrades, moments before the alien fleet appeared. Hundreds of ships lost, thousands dead. And, worst of all, the Andromeda shipyards in enemy hands.

He raised grim eyes to those of the president of the Terran Confederation, Malia. “The situation is bad, ma’am. Rumors of this mass defection are already spreading throughout the Navy. It’s only a matter of time before we have more. At this time, I cannot guarantee our strength.”

She met his gaze, outwardly calm, as she asked the question Admiral Felix had known was coming, and dreaded. Do you think we can win?

“If I was certain that all of our men would remain loyal, we would have a chance. My associates still think that we’ll put the enemy down just like we did the Saitara uprisings a few years ago. We seem to have numbers on our side, just like we did in those days. If you recall, our forces were defeated on several occasions at the beginning of that campaign. However, in this case, the enemy’s technology is so far ahead of ours that we may as well charge them armed with nothing but rocks. We simply don’t have the time or resources to build another force like the fleet we had assembled at Andromeda, and they proved more than capable to that task. As much as I hate to say it, in my professional opinion, defeat is inevitable.”

So we face annihilation. Malia stood and walked to the window of the office, gazing out over the city from which she held the reins of power over the known galaxy. If we can’t beat them, surrender is our only hope of survival.

“The Admiralty won’t like it.”

Malia whirled, fire and steel in her eyes. I don’t care whether or not they like it. If they really want to die, I can arrange to have them executed. But I cannot allow a few old fools to get all of our citizens killed. She visibly calmed herself. I assume we’re keeping tabs on this enemy fleet. Or, if not, you have a good idea of where they are. Send a message to them. Propose a cease-fire while we set up a time and place to meet for peace talks.

Felix let out a slow breath and bowed his head, then strode from the room. Alone in her office, Malia locked the door and slumped into her chair. It had been a difficult choice, but she knew it was right. She wept for the fallen soldiers and their families until she fell asleep.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2009-06-12 at 03:41 PM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Rabbit/Reinholdt
    Spoiler
    Show

''Hey.'' She said, half asleep.
    ''Hi'' He responded sleepily.
    ''Love you.''
    ''Love you too.''
    Then they continued snuggling while Labyrinth kept playing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara Kuro: Wow. I look forward to seeing more ships from you.

Mangosta: This series keeps getting better. Intriguing indeed.

DD: I lol'd a little there. It was good. Good indeed.

I use indeed a lot. Indeed I do. Indeed.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Kara - Those two have... issues.

@ Mangosta- Oh! Surrender. Intriguing.

@ DD -
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    A sniper rifle... in a perfect sniping spot... with no bullets.
    *facepalms and growls*

Nice little Mega Man spoof SMEE.
    That's not Mega-Man.

That, if I'm not mistaken, is "Kung Fu Master".
    Or possibly Karate Master.

I recognize each of the five levels and its 'end boss'.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Yup, it's Spartan X, also know as Kung Fu Master, or simply Kung Fu in the US.
    Good old 1984 beat'em up game released in 1985 for the NES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung-Fu_Master

I'm such a geeky girl...
    Last edited by SMEE; 2009-06-13 at 07:43 AM.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    Yup, it's Spartan X, also know as Kung Fu Master, or simply Kung Fu in the US.
    Good old 1984 beat'em up game released in 1985 for the NES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung-Fu_Master

I'm such a geeky girl...
    I was geek enough to remember it well. And remember the frustration trying to beat the level 5 boss. Heh.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

8. - Top - End - #1058

I came by to say that my planned ship is canceled due to it actually bringing a tear to my eye. I'm sorry, but that's just too tragic. Instead, I'll be finishing it as a full length novel over the course of the next few years while I go insane. Well, more than I already am.

Fun Fact: I only wrote two paragraphs of it before I stopped.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Firbolg in the Playground

Good news!
    The Deck's last installment will be posted before I go to bed tonight no matter how long it takes to finish.
    Even if I retire at five a.m. in the morning this will be done.

Warning:

May contain excessive violence, strange psychological things and sexual overtones. I'm already scared and I'm not even a tenth of the way through.
    Should be good though.

Apologies for the very, very long delay.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    And normally I would have just put this up as part of the other, but I can count. Everyone has probably forgotten about this story by now, which means this is the perfect time to post the next chapter!

Btw, Ghost (if you're still around, if not, whoever is doing the archive), the story "Sowing Seeds of Chaos" is part of the Redemption saga. And the 4 stories under "unnamed serial" are part of Crossing Stars.

Hope - Crossing Stars Chapter 7
    Rabbit, Twobit, Happy, Felix, Malia
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    Excellent! I think my move was quite appropriately evil-badass.

And I think that the...

Spoiler
    Show
    Surrender Attempt

Will not turn out very well for the good guys...

Well done, Mangosta...

Hey, I still haven't finished MAT Squad, have I?

11. - Top - End - #1061

All warnings to previous installations of the series still aply. Please note that violence, sexual overtones and general depravity to varying degrees are prevalent.
    Read at your own risk.
    Furthermore, should any main characters in this series object and wish any elements of this installation to be changed I shall do so.

EDIT: Many readers, upon finishing this chapter have commented on how they felt about reading this after eating. Therefore: try not to read this story after or during eating if you have an upset stomache.

Previously on

The Deck

Diamonds
    Spades
    Clubs

And now:

Hearts

Spoiler
    Show

”I used to work at the Arkham Asylum you know viewers. I thought it was so thrilling, working around all the nutcases, especially in the Criminally Insane wards, that’s where I met my beautiful Annie and Mr. J. and they looked so strange then.
    “I remember that. I do.
    “But it was always so nice to be with them. And being sane is so incredibly boring. I’m not sure what happened, but the music was very pretty.”
    The disturbing monologue carried on monotonously as Harley searched for the tools she would need to carry out an autopsy. “And killing isn’t very hard either, anyone can kill. A knife, a flame, alcohol, even a pencil. I don’t see why more people don’t. People break rules all the time, but when it comes to big rules they act as if retribution will come down from on high and smite them.
    “Gentle viewers listen, rules apply to noone. Just don’t get caught. Now, where’s the little scalpel – type thing. I’m going to need that to get the gifts. Oh, there it is.
    “Hey, Mr. J., do you think it’d hurt to have your organs removed without anaesthetic?”
    She turned to face his camera with a cutely puzzled face, something that jarred with the bloody dribbles oozing and clotting their way down her tanned arms and her halter top. ”Harley my sweet, I think it would be exquisite agony for all involved.” he said benevolently.
    ”Go on Harley! Do it! I want to hear their breathy whimpers as they fight the toxin to scream and scream in harmony with the violins.” Harley nodded, her soft brown hair waving around her face gently as she walked back to where Mal and Cris lay bonelessly on the floor. Skirting the small ocean that crawled steadily across the white expanse of the floor she, once again, crouched in between her two toys as she gazed into Mal’s gaping wound. ”Damn. He bled out,” She pushed her fingers in between his shattered ribs and effortlessly twisted the warm body towards her so she could have a closer look.
    The ends of her hair dipped into the cavity and tangled around white splinters as Harley checked out one of Mal’s arteries. ”Yep, dead as a doornail. What a crying shame. I was so looking forward to it too. Might as well carry on then.”
    Letting the corpse flop back down into its original position she reached for her saw and began the noisy process of removing the ribcage, all the while giggling with demented glee.
    ”Now to break the clavicles, the sternum is attached there after a certain point in ones life . . . and I should be able to fold the ribcage back down into the abdomen. Ooo, I hope the lungs and stuff don’t stick to it. But they shouldn’t right?” Sitting atop Mal’s thighs she slipped her dainty hands under the true ribs just below the scapula and pulled back, leaning further and further until her body was at a forty five degree angle. The noises were horrific. There was a rapid succession of pops and groans as some bone shards pulled themselves out of the flesh and organs they’d been buried in, but worst of all to the people listening was the sucking noise as moist flesh parted company with bone. It was hideously organic, and sure to stick with them for the rest of their lives.
    ”The sternum’s connected to the - costal cartilage, the costal cartilage’s connected to the - true ribs, the true ribs’re connected to the - clavicle, the clavicle’s connected to the jugular notch of – sternum, the jugular notch of sternum’s connected to the – “
    ”We get the picture my darling hellion. But where on earth did you learn such a pretty song?” Harley too, turned her painted red face to look at the startlingly lucid Annie.
    ”Mummy was a doctor you know. So after Mummy went away I went to doctor’s school.
    “The clouds were tainted with the blood of angels fighting the continuous war against the rebelling angels. Angels fall every sunset and I can see them.
    “The day I went to doctor’s school seventy three angels fell silently into the dead world and they were dead too. The day I went to doctor’s school one hundred and forty – six angels screamed their unholy way past my eyes and into hell.”
    Annie blinked owlishly. ”There screams are very noisy, I just want them to be quiet.”
    Even amongst such unsettled company as this the words she uttered so plaintively gave them pause for thought. In the vacuum that followed the trickle of blood was abnormally loud, but not distressingly so.
    Harley threw off her disquiet rapidly, and went delving into the mysteries of the body. The lungs felt pulpy, but felt satiny. How disturbing.
    She’d never been so intimate with another body before and she revelled in the all - pervading warmth that lingered still. The slick liquid running between her fingers and damming under her long nails. What would it taste like?
    Salt, salty and tangy, coppery and warm.
    She ran her supple tongue down her finger once more, relishing the taste and feel of it. Then she delved back into her explorations, caressing each organ in turn before setting her sights on her original target.
    ”Mmmm, that looks like so much fun doesn’t it my love? Do you think my one would taste as nice?” As the Joker turned his head towards she smiled before turning to Phoe. ”I’ll find out.” She took Phoe’s head in her hands and cradled it as if it were some precious china doll before leaning in to kiss her. At first it was chaste, not overly worrying for the Joker, but then Hellianne became more passionate about it. Her eyes closed and her tongue began darting in and out of her mouth, licking and caressing Phoe’s cold, purplish lips in a highly disturbing way. And to the Joker’s great surprise she opened Phoe’s mouth and began to get rather more intimate with her than he, nor any of the other watchers could handle. Hellianne had begun gasping and murmuring sweet platitudes to one wholly unable to respond to them.
    In a voice that actually showed his surprise, if only slightly he managed to ask, ”Annie, pet, you’re being mean to Harley. You promised to watch her, and you’re missing the best part of it.” That mild admonition was enough to stop her and to make her focus once more on Harley’s own fun.
    By this time Harley had found her goal: a small muscle, barely bigger than a child’s fist, yet so powerful. Even emotions were attributed to it despite it being merely a pump. Harley had found Mal’s heart and was carefully excising it from the surrounding tissues and network of veins and arteries.
    That was her present for the Joker, her beloved. And Cris’ heart was to be for Annie. Second place.
    That would beat anything that little trollop of a mannequin could give either of them. She should learn to accept her place as bottom of the heap. That she should wait her turn to give pleasure and to receive it. Filthy little whore.
    She blinked as she cut too deeply and ripped a tear across her palm. Idly, she flexed her fingers to see if she’d severed any tendons or muscles, but it was only a flesh wound, so she reverently picked up that most idolised of organs and placed it to one side, on a small piece of still – white cloth.
    Finally, she turned her attentions to Cris, still unconscious. But no matter.
    This would be different.
    True, it had been such long time since she’d read the book, back in her early adolescence in fact; but she was sure it would work. And this method had left the victims alive for a long time afterwards. Shame she could do the full, humiliating process.
    Ah. zut alors.
    At least she had better tools than they did.
    This time, she traced an imaginary line down the centre of the sternum, plotting out where she’d place her ever so handy saw in her final mutilation of the hour.
    Cris woke up before she’d even made it to the sternum proper. His eyes looked so pretty, very blue in fact as the pupils had shrunk down to mere black pinpricks in the terrified agony of azure. Harley had rarely seen such a pretty sight.
    But again the young married man fainted.
    How vexing.
    But still, she continued on, flinching when the odd stray bone shard was shot into her face. Frowning slightly she wiggled backwards as she sliced further and further down the thick bony plate.
    Finished, she set aside the saw for the last time and admired the black – red, slightly torn chasm down the front of his smooth hairless chest.
    Now for the knife, saw along the bottom side of the ribcage, like so. Teasing at the ribs gently she felt them spring faintly up and down in conjunction with her movements. Just to be certain she replicated the incisions along the top of the ribcage.
    ”Lady and gentleman, may I present to you the Norse punishment: the Spread - eagle. We have the cuts, now it’s time for the great bald eagle to spread his wings.” Muscles straining she pulled and snapped both sides of the ribcage open.
    It was breathtaking. Seeing the organs still working as the white and red torso halves rested on top of the living man’s upper arms. He was still breathing.
    Stuttering in and out, in and out. She was frankly amazed that one of his lungs hadn’t collapsed yet. Would they be as soft as the other man’s? If she had the time to unfold them properly would they truly be as big as a tennis court.
    Would this man ever wake up so she could force his to look at his own internal organs? So that he would feel the pain as she began to excise his heart.
    She went and got a glass of water.
    She threw it in his face and muzzily his eyes opened. That weren’t really conscious, but he could feel the pain. Despite the toxin he was actually able to make some noises, quietly, yes, but it must still be snapping his own vocal cords.
    ”How pleasing.”
    This time she only spared a curious feel of the liver, if anything it was even softer and silkier than the lungs. And such a bruised purple. Would human liver taste as nice as lamb’s liver? Or would taste harsher, stringier because humans ate meat?
    ”I’ve never been very fond of liver.” she muttered as she swiped irritatedly at the sticky clotted sap gumming her fingers together. ”I need a bath. Care to join me when we get home?”
    ”Hey! Police, we’ve – “ the poor lads didn’t even get to finish their sentence as Mr. J. took one out with a careless throw of his knife before Annie took hold of the petrified silence to break the woman’s neck. ”Smee, Officer Smee. Pretty woman I guess. But I wouldn’t want to dance with her. Or the other. Because he’s a man.”
    ”I think a bath would be lovely. Are you quite done yet?”
    ”Snippy, snippy, snippy. I’m wrapping up your gifts you know. Can’t push quality.” Harley, his demented beauty ambled over to him and Annie smiling winsomely and holding her hands behind her back.
    He and Annie stood quietly in front of her, expectation and happiness writ large across their faces and they waited for the presents. ”This one’s for you.” she handed her man Mal’s heart, ”And this one’s for you.” she said the Hellianne.
    The looks on their faces were worth the cost of yet another ruined outfit; and their was plenty of formaldehyde at home, so they’d be sure to treasure them.
    ”You’re the only person who could give away two hearts on Valentine’s Day Harley.”
    ”Don’t I know it! Now, about that bath . . . “

That was my two hundred and thirteenth shipfic by the way. I'm prolific.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-06-15 at 04:14 PM. Reason: General advice on warnings

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #1062

Nice to see someone writing. As an added bonus, it's a talented writer and an interesting story, even. Feel free to use me if you ever need a sociopath, Kara.
    I've actually got quite a few of those by the looks of it >.> But I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks guys, I'll post more if I ever write more. Who knows.

Has a NEW new art thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    "Rule 1: If it doesn't have obvious boobies, it's male."
    - "A Guide to Kara" by Nameless.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I enjoyed it, Koorly.

It's a bit intense.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

Curly, that was horrifically fantastic, and the reason for that was because I could actually see it happening in real life. One of the main reason Zombie Apocalypse films make me paranoid.
    I'm sort of glad I read it before lunch instead of after.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Great work.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Barbarian in the Playground

Koorli scares me.

And makes me think I'm a bad person because I kept going, "Ewwwww - mmmm, sexeh. EW! Mmmmm."
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Koorli!

Koorli!

Koorli!

Koorli!

Just... yeah. That's a fantastic bit of writing that you accomplished there. I... yeah... wow.

It wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but I can see why you were concerned about posting it. But it was well worth it. Art shouldn't be squelched because of the squeamish. Those who are shocked easily should be shocked more often!

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    I enjoyed it, Koorly.

It's a bit intense.
    Yay! People enjoyed it.
    I, myself was a little bit unnerved writing that. Especially when it came to the autopsy bit as I was using an anatomical chart to make it at least vaguely possible.
    The Spread - eagle thing I really knew from early adolescence and it fascinated me so I threw it in.
    I'm glad the atmosphere I was trying for came out in the reading though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Curly, that was horrifically fantastic, and the reason for that was because I could actually see it happening in real life. One of the main reason Zombie Apocalypse films make me paranoid.
    I'm sort of glad I read it before lunch instead of after.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Great work.
    Yah? Well I reread through it just now, eating my lunch and I feel ever so slightly queasy, doesn't help that my cheese toastie was especially rich today.
    I'm very happy you find it so horrifically fascinating, though I am a bit perturbed that this could happen in reality. Then again, it shows I've really gotten the depravity down so I feel a little successful.
    And this is probably one of my longer stories, with The Deck coming out with a final 8 000 ish word length, and I put a lot of effort into this, so it'd better be bleddy good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Koorli scares me.

And makes me think I'm a bad person because I kept going, "Ewwwww - mmmm, sexeh. EW! Mmmmm."
    Koorly scares me! I point to SMEE's reply where I mentioned that I actually looked up a skeletal anatomy part so that it seemed feasible. Plus the entire premise of The Deck involved me writing and creating scary and disturbing ideas and then creating them in as intense and disturbing an atmosphere as possible.
    And it doesn't make you a bad person thinking that because I intentionally wrote it to be like that (another "I'm scaring myself!" moment), I also think I know the exact point where you went "sexeh. EW!"
    Would it be the junction where Harley's exploring the body and it's all fairly sexualised, then Annie starts her kiss?
    If so, yeah. Deliberate. (*scares self*) There was a very good reason behind though!

EDIT:

@Tooby: Why the ? I know (or think I know) why the rest, but why that one?
    And you were the final tester to see if . . . that idea was too much for the readers and the forum guidelines.
    I think after this I'll write some nice, fairly fluffy stuff. This fic should be enough shock for now.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-06-15 at 07:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Yah? Well I reread through it just now, eating my lunch and I feel ever so slightly queasy, doesn't help that my cheese toastie was especially rich today.
    I'm very happy you find it so horrifically fascinating, though I am a bit perturbed that this could happen in reality. Then again, it shows I've really gotten the depravity down so I feel a little successful.
    And this is probably one of my longer stories, with The Deck coming out with a final 8 000 ish word length, and I put a lot of effort into this, so it'd better be bleddy good.
    I have a large and vivid imagination.
    In the words of Ronald Weasely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Weasely
    That was bloody brilliant
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    @Tooby: Why the ? I know (or think I know) why the rest, but why that one?
    And you were the final tester to see if . . . that idea was too much for the readers and the forum guidelines.
    I think after this I'll write some nice, fairly fluffy stuff. This fic should be enough shock for now.
    There was really no reason for the .
    I mainly was trying to show a progression from squick to sad to amused to acceptance.

It really was for entertainment value. I enjoyed the piece the entire way through. There was no such progression for me. It was all .
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-06-15 at 08:11 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Not again
    DD the Cookiemonster/Serpentine
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow.
    That's all he could say.
    Talking to her was just amazing, she was intelligent, witty, funny and at the same time caring, down to earth and kind. Then he saw the pictures of her, yowza, what a woman. He knew he had to meet her, some way, somehow, he knew he had to.

One day he pulled her into a private conversation, he told her that he was taking a holiday to Australia. He asked whether she wanted to meet him sometime while he was over there. His heart skipped when she said yes.

Three months later.

DD stepped off the plane and took a deep breath. He slowly made his way through the airport... she wasn't there.

Strange. He thought to himself. She said she'd meet me at the airport. Meh, she's probably waiting outside he told himself.

A few more minutes passed and he was walking down the streets.

Where could she be?

And suddenly their was a sharp pain in the back of his head and the world went black. When he woke up, he was chained to a wall in a basement. He looked up and saw the woman he had called Serpentine.

Not again he moaned.

Not much I know, but it's something.
    And I did promise DD that I'd write something with him in.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-06-15 at 08:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Serp/me? Hmm, never considered that pairing.

It was OK untill that last line. That last line was absolutely great and made me laugh out loud for a straight minute).

Good one, Fred, good one.

Now, I demand a sequel featuring Serp, Felix, Anuan, Rawhide and me.
    If all people in the above list have given their permission ofcourse.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2009-06-15 at 08:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    Serp/me? Hmm, never considered that pairing.

It was OK untill that last line. That last line was absolutely great and made me laugh out loud for a straight minute).

Good one, Fred, good one.

Thanks DD. I'm glad you liked it.

Some people are never happy.
    Well, I'm out of ideas, so anyone willing to take DD request Number 2?
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

23. - Top - End - #1073

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    I don't think Rawhide has...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Awwwright, we're going way back here.

DD: D'awww. I told you over MSN I liked this one. Its short and cute and awww
    Mango: I love the way you write, but this series always leaves me feeling uneasy and dirty. Maybe its supposed to, in which case, good job.
    Koooooooorli: This...was so worth the wait. And I did so patiently wait, and my faith was rewarded. Rabbit-Harley is such a perfect meshing of Harley and Rabbit that I'm very much lost in the narration.
    The jealousy? Me. Completely and totally me. The submission is always Harley.
    Thank you <3
    Fred: xD 'Yowza'.
    And again? Jeebus, poor DD can't get a break.
    You're getting much better. I'm very proud of you, mah young son.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Fred has been greatly impressing me lately, with his ever-better ships.

Everytime you have posted something, Fred, it just gets better and better.

I just thought I would throw in that little opinion of mine. I find myself looking forward to your next ship.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Fred: xD 'Yowza'.
    And again? Jeebus, poor DD can't get a break.
    You're getting much better. I'm very proud of you, mah young son.
    Couldn't think of another word.
    Thankyou. I like being proud of.
    Hmmmm, I can either include me in my next ship like I planned to, or I can chain DD to a wall again... except this time with better results and less pain. Decisions decisions.

EDIT: Thanks TwoBit. I'm glad that so many people liked it. I'll either have something else posted later or something posted tomorrow.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-06-15 at 11:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Curly - Ewwwww...
    It was good and squicky. Though I think the dancing one with Phoe was the best of the series.

@ Fred - Ohhh.. DD. Will he ever learn?
    Well, maybe he'll learn to enjoy it.
    I liked it.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-06-15 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1078

Koooooooorli: This...was so worth the wait. And I did so patiently wait, and my faith was rewarded. Rabbit-Harley is such a perfect meshing of Harley and Rabbit that I'm very much lost in the narration.
    The jealousy? Me. Completely and totally me. The submission is always Harley.
    Thank you <3
    ^_^
    This was all for you Rabbit, all for you; I mean, by all the Gods Below, Above and Sideways I've been promising you a Rabbit-Harley/Joker fic since the second thread at the latest.
    I'm just ecstatic that the Harley - Rabbit mix was right. I've only ever seen two episodes of Batman with Harley in so I did my best to create absolute mayhem and insanity.
    This little series of mine is probably some of the best work I have ever written, be it fiction, non - fiction or an essay, so I'm happy people're enjoying it.

@Rein: yes, I was on a roll with the dance. I think it was just right in every aspect.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. I suppose I'm not really surprised that people read it, seeing as how I arranged it to be the first post on the page, but people actually liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Excellent! I think my move was quite appropriately evil-badass.

And I think that the...

Spoiler
    Show
    Surrender Attempt

Will not turn out very well for the good guys...
    I need to find a way to slip a bit of background into the series. It's not really a "good vs. evil" story.

Hey, I still haven't finished MAT Squad, have I?
    You haven't. And I'm still looking forward to more of that, once your work schedule allows you to start writing again.

Mango: I love the way you write, but this series always leaves me feeling uneasy and dirty. Maybe its supposed to, in which case, good job.
    Comments like this kinda make me wish I had a purpose in writing beyond "It amused me at the time." In any case, after the various horrific things I've done to your character, I consider the reaction justified. Btw, I really didn't intend for this story to be so Rabbit-centric, but I find the character interesting and you're such a good sport...

On to other stuffs! FTF's stories are short and sweet. I particularly liked the DD/Serp fic. I need to learn how to do things on such a small scale.

And Koorli: Reading that brought every dissection I performed in college fresh to my mind. You should have posted a warning so people would know not to read it right after lunch. You really captured all the sounds a body makes as it's opened up. Brilliant.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

30. - Top - End - #1080

And Koorli: Reading that brought every dissection I performed in college fresh to my mind. You should have posted a warning so people would know not to read it right after lunch. You really captured all the sounds a body makes as it's opened up. Brilliant.
    Wow.
    I got all that right?
    :glee:
    I've never dissected a body before, so I'm glad it works appropriately!
    And as I've had some dozen people say that to me I suppose I will go edit in a warning as to meals.

Heehee.
    I squicked people out most mightily.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!