New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    He usually shoots me in the leg, but hasn't done so in quite some time now.

I feel sad now v.v
    There there. *patpats*

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

biggrin Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericOfBelker View Post
    Recipe For Crack-Mega-Pairing Potion

-Silver Raptor
    -Zanaril
    -Discord
    -The Dark Fiddler
    -Sabine
    -Cleric of Belkar
    -Julia Greenhilt
    -Miko
    -Plot Device/s:Love Potion x3
    -Something not PG enough to mention on the last Thread!
    -Nameless

Prize:111,111,111x111,111,111 Cookies and Internets!

I added Nameless.
    Last edited by ClericOfBelker; 2009-09-17 at 05:18 PM.
    High Priest of

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

He usually shoots me in the leg, but hasn't done so in quite some time now.

I feel sad now v.v
    *yawns*
    *reaches slowly for his rifle*
    *gives up halfway despite it being right next to him and falls asleep instead*
    Too much effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. the thread exploded since this morning. Five pages and two new ships. Which, by the way, I approve of. Eleventh Hour, you are now ours, and cannot leave.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

I added Nameless.
    Yay, I'm in some sort of list for something I don't fully understand.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Yay, I'm in some sort of list for something I don't fully understand.
    You're in a Mega-Crack-Pairing!

Also check your PM inbox
    High Priest of

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

You're in a Mega-Crack-Pairing!

Also check your PM inbox
    But, there's 11 people there, that means there's gonna be someone left put. Unless someone's up for a threesome.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Bugbear in the Playground

Genesis
    Act I, Part I : Raiders (More Continued)
    Starring : Reinholdt, Nameless, Ganurath, Wolfbane and mooks.
    Spoiler
    Show

--With the sunlight past, and the clouds ahead a promising blank stretch into the distance, they neared the coastline. The waters picked up as the trees came into detail, but it was of no real concern as the prow crunched into the soft sandy shore, wind curling around them, and whipping Reinholdt's cloak around his legs as he jumped from the bow, a drop of some seven feet to the beach.

The rest of the corsairs lowered the ramp to the white-gold sand, a good three dozen of them, before Nalm had the board taken back up onto the ship. He moved to the rail and made a single short wave to Reinholdt, who returned it, before disappearing. The men on the beach left the ship there, and headed inland toward the little stone-walled town that jutted out on a cliff-like pinnacle.

They met up with the main road after a hour's walk, a rough dirt path worn down over years of trade wagons and horse hooves, making it easy travel for the ragged rogues. In fact, they made it there just as darkness settled into the grey sky, and the villagers were just setting the torches alight along thier wall, and the laterns throughout down when Reinholdt approached the gate.

"Sorry good sir, the gates are closed for the night, you'll have to come back in the morning!" The guard called from the little stone-walled wooden hut that served as a gatehouse. Reinholdt stared at him, dumbfounded. Could this man seriously be that stupid? The rest of the raiders gave each other sidelong looks, and shared a few muted chuckles. "You can either open the gate for us, or we will do it ourselves!"

*whee*

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Wow. the thread exploded since this morning. Five pages and two new ships. Which, by the way, I approve of. Eleventh Hour, you are now ours, and cannot leave.
    Don't make me add you, just so you can die a gruesome death to... something.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    No, they're right. Once you've posted a ship, things change.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Genesis
    Spoiler
    Show

--With the sunlight past, and the clouds ahead a promising blank stretch into the distance, they neared the coastline. The waters picked up as the trees came into detail, but it was of no real concern as the prow crunched into the soft sandy shore, wind curling around them, and whipping Reinholdt's cloak around his legs as he jumped from the bow, a drop of some seven feet to the beach.

The rest of the corsairs lowered the ramp to the white-gold sand, a good three dozen of them, before Nalm had the board taken back up onto the ship. He moved to the rail and made a single short wave to Reinholdt, who returned it, before disappearing. The men on the beach left the ship there, and headed inland toward the little stone-walled town that jutted out on a cliff-like pinnacle.

They met up with the main road after a hour's walk, a rough dirt path worn down over years of trade wagons and horse hooves, making it easy travel for the ragged rogues. In fact, they made it there just as darkness settled into the grey sky, and the villagers were just setting the torches alight along thier wall, and the laterns throughout down when Reinholdt approached the gate.

"Sorry good sir, the gates are closed for the night, you'll have to come back in the morning!" The guard called from the little stone-walled wooden hut that served as a gatehouse. Reinholdt stared at him, dumbfounded. Could this man seriously be that stupid? The rest of the raiders gave each other sidelong looks, and shared a few muted chuckles. "You can either open the gate for us, or we will do it ourselves!"

*gasp* You're on a roll! :O Nice work.
    Is Nameless mute?

11. - Top - End - #431

WolfInSheepsClothing

I can't help but note that Jacklu hasn't appeared in almost any ships... v.v
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Only because I haven't had much inspiration for one. When I do, you'll be the first to know. Unless I want it to be a surprise that is.

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    *gasp* You're on a roll! :O Nice work.
    Is Nameless mute?
    Foriegner, not a mute. So... it's just that noone else speaks his language, and he's not great at speaking thiers. Just not a big talker, ya'see?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Genesis
    Spoiler
    Show

*whee*
    Meep! I'm the villain! Crazy pirates.
    Well hopefully I can kidnap someone interesting.

Keep up the great work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Dooo eeet. Doo eeet! With each posted ship, you become more powerful! Soon you will be one of us.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Well I don't appear in many ships either. >.>

And do you know how much begging and writing DD does? Yeah...

Except Destro. <3 your writings, especially when I'm in them.

Ah, a new one. Soon you will keep on writing and writing....You will become one of us.....And you can become great! Just keep on writing and you will become loved and one of us.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2009-09-18 at 03:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Right, here we go. These next couple will probably be shorter, as I no longer need to describe what separate groups of characters are doing.

In Space, There is Only Death
    A Sci-Fi Epic, Part 12
    Starring Rabbit, Reinholdt, and DeeRee
    Spoiler
    Show
    The massive alien slammed into the airlock doors with a crash, and reached through the narrowing gap between them with one of its scythe claws. The heavy doors ground down, severing the limb. Its screeches of rage and pain echoed through the airlock, thinning as the atmosphere began to hiss out.

It slammed into them again, and the three people aboard the shuttle watched with horror as the doors started to deform. They bent further with each successive impact.

Depressurizing is going to take too long. Here. DeeRee dropped into the co-pilot's seat beside Rabbit and started tapping away at the keypad. Screens in front of her lit up as she worked, her fingers flying over the keys.

What are you doing?

Venting the atmosphere on this deck. Outer doors won't open till there's no air in here. But pumping it out will take at least another minute. A minute we don't have.

The gap between the doors in front of them was visible now, and the thing had plunged its remaining arms through the divide and was slowly tearing them further apart.

I suggest you hold onto something. Alarms sounded as the deck's atmosphere vented into space, the shuttle rocking on the tracks as air whirled around it. Then the outer doors started opening.

The alien wrenched the metal of the inner doors apart as far as it could, then backed up. It took a running start and slammed against them, forcing them the rest of the way open. Rabbit slammed the ignition, and the shuttle tore out of the airlock, shuddering as it scraped against the top and bottom of a gap just wide enough to admit it.

The little craft boosted further out into space, leaving the Mason's Blade behind. What now? They don't put FTL drives on these things.

There's a ship nearby. It radioed earlier. I think it said it was a half hour out. That was ten minutes ago. DeeRee leaned over, pointed out a switch. Flip that one.

Rabbit did so, then pulled the shuttle into a dive that knocked Reinholdt off his feet, narrowly missing an asteroid. Rein? Sit down.

The catman took a seat, and DeeRee grabbed her set of controls. Between the two of them, her and Rabbit were capable of dodging the larger asteroids. There was nothing they could do about the little ones, though. Something overhead threw out a shower of sparks, and both women ducked reflexively.

What hit us? Rein glanced around the tiny cockpit, looking worried. Isn't this thing supposed to withstand stuff?

It is. But I probably took out a lot of the hull plating when we left the airlock.

What? Oh no. Frak, that's bad... DeeRee checked a screen, then looked over her shoulder at the miner, as Rabbit dodged around an asteroid big enough to crush the small craft. Rein, is it? Find us some spacesuits and oxygen tanks. We're losing atmosphere.

Reinholdt nodded and stood, holding onto part of the wall for support as he made his way to the crew quarters. He checked each of the row of lockers along the wall. Grabbing three suits, he started back towards the cockpit. Something slammed into the shuttle from behind, knocking him to the ground. What the hell was that?

Not an asteroid. Rabbit spun the controls and the shuttle rotated, momentum carrying it in its original direction. It passed out of the edge of the asteroid field, giving them all a clear view of what had hit them.

It was a chunk of hull plating.

The Mason's Blade, clearly visible now, was in bad shape. Two halves of the hull drifted slowly further apart, debris from the explosion spreading outwards and past them. Secondary explosions blossomed as more asteroids tore into it. One big one smashed into the side, and the front half of the ship vanished in a ball of fire.

DeeRee stood up and left the cockpit, grabbing a suit from Rein as she passed him. She went into one of the small side compartments and shut the door, a tear rolling down one cheek as she did so. Suddenly exhausted, the daughter of a dead captain on a dead ship slumped to the deck and leaned against a wall.

Goodbye, Dad.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Nameless hasn't written any ships. But if and when Nameless does write a ship, Jacklu will be included in Nameless' ship.
    Nameless also took extra English classes. Today Nameless learns how to talk in first person.

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I already had a vampire themed ship in mind.
    Current needed cast:
    • A vampire hunter
    • Vampire queen
    • Main consort of the queen
    • More vampires

Volunteers?
    I'll apply for the main consort. :)
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    *yawns*
    *reaches slowly for his rifle*
    *gives up halfway despite it being right next to him and falls asleep instead*
    Too much effort.
    *splashes with a bucket of cold water*
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I already had a vampire themed ship in mind.
    Current needed cast:
    • A vampire hunter
    • Vampire queen
    • Main consort of the queen
    • More vampires

Volunteers?
    I volunteer for any of those.
    Because this can't end well for the characters, can it?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-09-18 at 06:40 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Destro - Rein sit down. Rein stand up. Rein stop falling over. Rein get the spacesuits. Rein don't get eaten by the giant insect.
    Sheesh.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-09-18 at 06:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #443

*splashes with a bucket of cold water*
    *grabs from behind*
    *slits neck*

*innocent humming*

Speaking of slitting necks... update in a little.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

*ties to chair until she's done writing it*

*leaves hands free*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

*wanders around the thread, finds a spot and curls up*

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

*grabs from behind*
    *slits neck*

*innocent humming*

Speaking of slitting necks... update in a little.
    That's a new one... speaking of which...

MEDIC!!!
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    I'll apply for the main consort. :)
    Part is already filled. Sorry. The only parts I have left are vampires that get murdered horrifically.

And Recaiden, you're in. And no, no one is going to live happily ever after.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #448

Genesis
    Act I, Part I : Raiders (More, More, Continued)
    Starring : Reinholdt, Wolfbane, Jacklu and mooks.
    Spoiler
    Show

--The guardsman disappeared into the shack. Graham Villis, a 'veteran' guard of some twenty years, he hobbled back into the rear room, with it's mouldy stone walls, and racks of confiscated materials. His fingers ached, and his hip joint ground together painfully, momentos of a soldiering life years past, the slim key for the weapon rack jittering in his hands as he tried to work the lock. It snapped open with a rusty crack, and he discarded it quickly. He could hear the clacking of iron soled boots walking methodically across the floors he had just crossed, and he fumbled at the first weapon in the holder, a sturdy halberd that hadn't seen the light of day since he retired from the bloody fields of war.

Why didn't I stay with the Lord? Another year or two, and I would have been in the garrison, instead of deserting and ending up here... His hands shook, the sunken skin showing the strained tendons of his old, spotted hands. The indistinct shadow of that upstart corsair was on the wall. Graham knew it would be that one, with the dull iron rigging, the golden sword hilts, and purple patterned cloak. That one was the vicious leader of the bunch. He drew the shaft of the halberd back, feeling the knots and pits of the old oak wood. The shadow shifted as the corsair stepped through the door...

The old man twitched once, and only once. Reinholdt had stepped through the door and calmly shot him in the neck with his hand crossbow, the steel barbed tip meant for piercing armour found no resistance in leather and flesh. The prince could hear the barging against the gate, wrought iron with a wooden bar to keep it closed. His men threw themselves against it, pushing hard to crack the barrier open. He turned from the cooling corpse, and trotted back out to check thier progress.

And thier progress was excellent, just as he reached Wolif, the barring plank of wooden cracked inward, and with a final heave the gateway was opened, letting his now whooping corsairs horde inward. A small cohort of town guards held the path just inside, spears readied. The first of the raiders caught his arm on one, ripping through the cloak and into the leather jerkin, which slowed him enough for a second to jab into his gut, spilling entrails. Others in Reinholdt's party had far better luck, batting the questing points aside, stepping into thier guard and setting into the malitia with a passion, hacking at limb and torso until the defenders lay bleeding or dead on the ground.

Updated the actor list a bit early, in anticipation of the next update.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Mordokai. A present for you.

Destro's tale, part IV: A flash to the front-lines

Spoiler
    Show

It had been a many dark and dreary nights. He'd not recognised a face for a many day.
    Cristo....God knows where....The others...Gone...Missing...Captured...Fled...

PAF. Urghle.
    That, that was the guy sitting next to him in the trench.
    Mordocai quickly brought his rifle back up and started shooting again.
    No time to ponder lost faces. After all, France and her citizens are good enough for me. Mordocai, thought.

Paf. Urghle.

Dang, that was the other guy next to him.

He quickly looked around for who was left in the trench with him.
    One, or two. That looked alive anyway.

Bang, argh.
    That shot graced his arm. Only his left arm, he could still use his right to aim and pull the trigger. The left could still carry some weight.

And then Mordocai was the only one in the trench left.
    All alone.

And Mordocai realized that it didn't matter. Wars weren't won with soldiers. They were won with strategy, money and morale.

He didn't matter.

He was prepared to jump back into another trench, but he quickly saw that the flank to his left had been taken. They were quickly running to him. Germans, the enemy.

They weren't firing.

Why aren't they firing?

''DAMN SHOOT ME ALREADY!''

''NEIN! You, you will be taken back to Colonel Memnach!''

So this was it, he would be interrogated and then kept prisoner till the war was over. Or just shot. Perhaps that'd be easier...

Some time

Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2009-09-18 at 10:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

*sits and waits for the enxt part of Eleventh's story*