New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Age of the Warriors - a ToB expansion book idea

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    Hmm, are there other fixes you prefer?
    I started a seperate thread on the subject.

Belatedly I realize that TDO was concerned about a different issue -- that IHS auto-succeeds regardless of the power of the one who inflicted the condition. He has a point. When a greater deity paralyzes a 5th level warblade, it should stick. This is more of a change and less of a clarification, though. We might offer it as an alternate rule.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    I started a seperate thread on the subject.

Belatedly I realize that TDO was concerned about a different issue -- that IHS auto-succeeds regardless of the power of the one who inflicted the condition. He has a point. When a greater deity paralyzes a 5th level warblade, it should stick. This is more of a change and less of a clarification, though. We might offer it as an alternate rule.
    Hmm, it might make sense to combine that issue with your fix. Not sure. (Also note that I've made some comments on some of your PrCs).
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure if you've gone over this or not, but I think you guys need to codify what qualifies as a 'complete' discipline, mechanically. Falling Star by Fax is one of my favorite disciplines, but it is lacking some assumed bits that people probably just don't think of when building a discipline: Associated feats and necessary class adaptations. Each of the 9 disciplines have 2 feats associated with them, and while they range in usefulness, they're all at least something. Each of the 3 base classes is proficient in all the weapons necessary to learn their disciplines among the 9. However, a swordsage can not readily take falling star maneuvers without houseruling things, cause spot is not on their class list iirc, and they are not proficient with any ranged weapons.

At minimum, a Discipline should include:
    -Method of gaining proficiency in discipline's weapons. Imho, for non-exotic weapons, this should be without the cost of a feat slot.
    -Method of gaining appropriate class skill
    -A practical feat that directly enhances combat in a discipline-associated way.
    -A tactical feat, just to complete the set as laid out in the ToB
    -Extra Credit: Follow Fax's standard and lay out some epic feats too.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

I think at the moment because of the interchangeable nature of the disciplines, we haven't actually taken the time to tie on specific discipline choice to the original three classes.

What we HAVE been to talking about though, is attaching the theme appropriate disciplines to the newly created base classes and (perhaps) PrCs for access, and those classes will implicitly have access to the relevant skills.

In addition to that, TD1's alternate discipline rule covers this somewhat. (IIRC, there's a provision in there where if you switch out a discipline for another, you lose the class skill for the one you lost and gain the class skill for the discipline you gained, also, you can always tack on the discipline at a later stage for 1000 xp with training and gain access to the class skill as well, I THINK. Not sure about that last part)

But to me, even without the access to class skills, I'm fine with it. This means that certain classes (especially the new base classes) will intrinsically be BETTER at using certain disciplines than others, synergies and all.

The same way for the proficiencies, I feel.

Totally agree with the tactical and enhancement feat though. Not quite as adamant about the epic feat though, since that's kind of just gravy.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    I'm not sure if you've gone over this or not, but I think you guys need to codify what qualifies as a 'complete' discipline, mechanically. Falling Star by Fax is one of my favorite disciplines, but it is lacking some assumed bits that people probably just don't think of when building a discipline: Associated feats and necessary class adaptations. Each of the 9 disciplines have 2 feats associated with them, and while they range in usefulness, they're all at least something. Each of the 3 base classes is proficient in all the weapons necessary to learn their disciplines among the 9. However, a swordsage can not readily take falling star maneuvers without houseruling things, cause spot is not on their class list iirc, and they are not proficient with any ranged weapons.

At minimum, a Discipline should include:
    -Method of gaining proficiency in discipline's weapons. Imho, for non-exotic weapons, this should be without the cost of a feat slot.
    Doesn't this automatically exist via Martial Study?

-Method of gaining appropriate class skill
    The Demented One's mechanic and Martial Study both cover this. Yes?

-A practical feat that directly enhances combat in a discipline-associated way.
    -A tactical feat, just to complete the set as laid out in the ToB
    Yeah. That's going to be rough. Most of the homebrew disciplines don't have these. Neither of mine do. Honestly, making tactical feats that are balanced, mechanically simple, and thematically appropriate is tough. I'll try to think about what they should do for my disciplines and maybe some of the others that don't have such feats.

Epic feats
    Glad that's extra credit, although I've had a few ideas for some floating around for both my two disciplines and a few others. If I have time, I'll post them later.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

6. - Top - End - #456
    Halfling in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

As far as weapon proficiency goes, a couple of years ago I thought up a solution that worked well for my group: give each discipline a weapon group (as per Unearthed Arcana). For instance, the Diamond Mind proficiency allows the character to use the rapier, shortspear, bastard sword, and trident without penalty. If a character has one or more maneuvers of a particular style, he gains access to the weapon group of that style.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Yet one more thing on our to-do list is to come up with "Unparalleled Prowess" and "Focused Rivalry" abilities for Master of One for as many disciplines as we can manage.

I already did Falling Anvil, although the balance may need tweaking. I am going to clone my first-draft below in hopes that it will help with getting E.A.C.H. .

The Unparalleled Prowess ability for Falling Anvil:
    Falling Anvil: A Falling Anvil madman is often hampered by the very madness that protects him, but a Master of One can sometimes channel the zaniness to a more benign form. Any and each time a Falling Anvil maneuver they initiate would cause a bad effect they are allowed a Will save versus a DC of 14 + Maneuver Level to negate this effect. Example: If they are under the effects of Pull Yourself Together, then each time they are struck with a slashing weapon they are allowed a DC 19 Will save to have the cut close up mere inches behind the weapon as it travels through their body. Similarly, if they are in Not Looking Down they may choose to not be flat-footed against any given attack, but after the attack resolves, they must make a DC 22 Will save or fall. In the case of the Give Bomb and Give Bundle of Dynamite maneuvers, if the Adept loses the opposed bluff check, the object created disappears after the Adept yanks the fuse out.

My first idea was to give them full immunity to the side effects of their maneuvers, but since I consider Falling Anvil pretty powerful, I thought that would be overkill, here it is basically saving against the DC of the maneuver, but with a static 18 initiating stat. At higher levels this might become trivial, but I think that is perfectly fine, and even a 5% failure chance can induce some dramatic tension and/or caution.

And here is my best guess at a Focused Rivalry ability:
    Falling Anvil: A Master of One using this ability gains immunity to all non-damage related effects of Falling Anvil strikes. For this purpose bypassing damage reduction is considered a damage related effect, and thus not protected against by this class feature. This includes the trip attempts of banana peels, and the rough terrain genertated by many of the higher level _______ Drop maneuvers.

Balance-wise I am not sure of this, but since it turns the 9th level strike into a mere standard attack, I think it has strong possbilities. If it needs to be a bit stronger I could reverse the bit about DR (not useful to most Masters of One) and/or have it grant resistance to each energy type against damage from Falling Anvil maneuvers (which would be especially effective against Accursed Thunderhead since that deals both Electricity and a small amount of Sonic damage).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-20 at 05:57 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

I am going to Archive the current version of the Sohei here... because I have an inexplicable suspicion it may turn out to be useful and Shyftir is talking of doing a total re-write, and I don't know if he means to use a new thread (which is probably should, if only to keep the necromancy down).

ALSO, SHYFTIR JUST PUT UP THE MYSTIC COBRA DISCIPLINE FOR GRABS FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO FINISH IT. I have this crazy idea I might do some of that myself, but that may just be lack of sleep talking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyftir View Post
    This is my attempt to convert the basic concept of the Sohei class from OA into an initiator class. There is also a new discipline I'm working on Tentatively named "Mystic Cobra" which will be related.

Sohei Adept
    You will not disturb the sages while I stand guard, vile one. - Shekka Kai, hobgoblin sohei

Sohei serve as guardians for monasteries and temples, they stand firm while others fall short. Known to favor pole-arms and to strike with lightning speed, they are the main practitioners of the Mystic Cobra school, and study few other martial disciplines if any.

Making a Sohei Adept
    Abilities: Sohei are primarily melee combatants who specialize in support, as such they benefit greatly from Strength and Constitution. Intelligence and Dexterity are often prerequisites for feats chosen by Sohei.
    Races: While any race can take up the path of the Sohei, it appeals mostly to disciplined individuals. Therefore you see few elven or halfling sohei and even fewer among the savage races, with notable exception of Hobgoblins who find the militaristic lifestyle to their liking.
    Alignment: Any non-chaotic. Sohei are disciplined and devout. Their lives are given over to a strict regimen of duty and training.

Sohei Adept. Hit Die: d10
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref |Will|Special|M. Known|M. Ready|Stances

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Weapon Focus: (any pole-arm)|
    |
    |

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    | |
    |
    |

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Die-Hard|
    |
    |

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    | |
    |
    |

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |strength of mind, Mettle|
    |
    |

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Weapon Spec: (pole-arm)|
    |
    |

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    | |
    |
    |

8th|
    +6/1
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Pole-Arm Adaption|
    |
    |

9th|
    +6/1
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    | |
    |
    |

10th|
    +7/2
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Instant Recovery 1/day|
    |
    |

11th|
    +8/3
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    | |
    |
    |

12th|
    +9/4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Blade Meditation (Mystic Cobra)|
    |
    |

13th|
    +10/5
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    | |
    |
    |

14th|
    +10/5
    |
    +9
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    | DR 1/-|
    |
    |

15th|
    +11/6
    |
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    | |
    |
    |

16th|
    +12/7
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    | DR 2/-|
    |
    |

17th|
    +13/8
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    | |
    |
    |

18th|
    +13/8
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |DR 3/-|
    |
    |

19th|
    +14/9
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    | |
    |
    |

20th|
    +15/10/5
    |
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +12
    |Instant Recovery 2/day, DR 4/- |
    |
    |
    [/table]

Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Martial Lore (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), and Profession (Wis)
    Skill Points: 4 + Int /per Lvl (x 4 at first level)
    Starting Gold: 6d4x10 gp (150 gp)
    Starting Age: As paladin

Class Features
    As a sohei you rely on accuracy and technique to force opponents into difficult situations where you and your allies can unleash devastating attacks.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Sohei are proficient with All Simple and Martial Weapons along with all pole-arms, even Exotic ones. They are proficient with Light and Medium armor (but no shields).
    Maneuvers: The disciplines open to you are Devoted Spirit, Army of One, Stone Dragon and Mystic Cobra.* (new discipline)
    Your maneuvers are identical in all ways to those of the warblade except for recovery method which is as the swordsage.
    Stances: Your stances work as a warblades, except from the sohei discipline list.
    Weapon Focus: At 1st level you gain Weapon Focus with the pole-arm of your choice as a bonus feat. You lose access to this feat if you are wearing heavy armor
    Die-Hard: At 3rd level you gain Die-hard as a bonus feat, whether or not you would normally qualify.
    Strength of Mind: You become immune to stunning and sleep spells.
    Weapon Specialization: At 6th level you gain Weapon Specialization as a bonus feat with a pole-arm with which you already have Weapon Focus.
    Pole-arm Adaption: You have mastered the art of using a pole-arm in close combat. You can now treat any pole-arm as a double weapon striking with the back end as if it were a quarterstaff. (1d6+1/2 Strength Modifier, x2 Bludgeoning) No matter the reach of the original weapon this ability can only be used on targets with 5 feet.
    Mettle: If a sohei makes a successful Fort. Or Will Save against a spell or effect that would normally reduce the effect, instead the sohei suffers no affect at all.
    Blade Meditation: At 12th level you gain the feat Blade Meditation with the chosen discipline of Mystic Cobra, as a bonus feat.
    Damage Reduction: Starting at 14th level you gain DR 1/-. This improves by 1 at every even level, reaching a maximum of DR 4/- at 20th level.
    Instant Recovery: At 10th level you gain the extraordinary ability to recover all your expended maneuvers as a free action once per day. This increases to 2/day at 20th level.
    Update:

Mystic Cobra Style

EDIT: I also made some changes to my above integration of Falling Anvil with Master of One.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-20 at 05:58 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I made the discipline feats for Piercing Point.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Added a new sheet to the spreadsheet HERE to serve as a checklist for which disciplines have a non-tactical feat, tactical feat, legacy weapon, and a slotted item that grants maneuvers (such as the White Raven Crowns and Desert Wind Capes and what-not). I don't think that it is mandatory for all of them to have each one, or even most of the boxes to be "Yes" before we are done. Particularly, legacy weapons would be a huge undertaking... maybe if we got someone in who can make up legacy weapons in their sleep, like Vorpal Tribble or Bhu can do creatures... otherwise, it is a pipe-dream... at the other extreme, the maneuver granting items need only a slot and a physical description.

EDIT: Filled in a few cells on the PrC list. Added Adept Hunter (which I think couldn't hurt), and Leap Dragoon (which, even refluffed to eliminate the Fratley's and inter-universe portals from the picture is still probably something that should be carefully considered for inclusion or exclusion, but I figured I would throw it out anyway).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-20 at 09:45 AM.
    Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #461

Cool! We're about 2/3 of the way there for PrCs. I've sorted to put what need work on top.

I added Master of One columns to the extra discipline stuff sheet, but considering the amount of new material required, I'm doubtful we'll ever fill it in.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2010-02-20 at 01:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

What is the "needed" column on the PrC sheet for? I see numbers rangeing from 0 to 4, but I don't know what they mean.

I also did up Allurehn's Vindicators. Marriage councilor's with enough class levels can now go down to the lower planes on their vacations and rip out a few succubus spines to blow off steam.
    Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    What is the "needed" column on the PrC sheet for? I see numbers rangeing from 0 to 4, but I don't know what they mean.
    Empty columns -- so we can sort it.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, right. Thought that might be it, but because you must be manually updating it, it didn't always match. Note also that I have (obviously) been vastly less than comprehensive in my suggestions in the "suggested include/exclude" boxes I did fill in, and even what I did put in includes some pretty wild guesses.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2021-10-15 at 07:55 PM.
    Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Ah, right. Thought that mi9ght be it, but because you must be manually updating it, it didn't always match. Note also that I have (obviously) been less than comprehensive in my suggestions in the boxes I did fill in, and even what I did put in includes some pretty wild guesses.
    Oops! I wound up with inconsistant formulas: some use the "exclusion" column and some don't. Considering how rarely that column is used, I'll change them all to the "don't" version.

16. - Top - End - #466

OK, we've got basic description. Here's a (kinda) pretty summary:

Name Author Concept Schools as Written Schools Suggested
    Adept Hunter Draco Dei Follow on to PairO'Dice 's Master of One for Broken Blade, pwns other adepts Broken Blade, very limited access to all others No change
    * Vindicators DSpeyer divine (Ruby Knight Vindicator variants Devoted Spirit, Stone Dragon, White Raven and one other none (Except as new gods are added)
    Aberrant Armorlord Krimm melds with parasite Diamond Mind, Far Realm, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw
    Al-shra'a Al-mharb Krimm desert nomad warrior Desert Wind, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw
    Angel of Death Krimm assassin Diamond Mind, Oncoming Storm, Setting Sun, Shadow Hand
    Another Master of One PairO'Dice Focuses on specific discipline Single discipline chosen None.
    Artmage DSpeyer arcane dual progression, turn spells into maneuvers Desert Wind, Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Shadow Hand Solaris Arcanum, Untamed Essence, Frozen Zephyr / Acidic Fog / Shocking Sky, Coin's Edge, Masked Moon, Witch Razor
    Blade Incarnate Krimm incarnum warrior Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart. Additional based on alignment. Good - Golden Saint, White Raven. Evil - Dread Crown, Shadow Hand. Law - Diamond Mind, Quicksilver Aegis. Chaos- Kaleidoscopic Dream Alternates based on alignment: Good- Scarlet Bravura. Evil- Narrow Bridge. Chaos- Far Realm
    Blade Maiden Krimm women who bolt swords to their armbones Diamond Mind, Oncoming Storm, Tiger Claw
    Blade Operant Demented One Implanted skills, speed, critical hits Dancing Leaf, Oncoming Storm, Tiger Claw
    Bladelord (d20 Modern?) Yue Ryong (WotC) mystics in the modern world Desert Wind, Diamond Mind, Setting Sun, Shadow Hand, Stone Dragon & Tiger Claw coin's edge, masked moon, black rain
    Blood Sage Krimm martial magic user focusing on blood magic Diamond Mind, Oncoming Storm, Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw
    Braveheart Bravo Demented One halflings fighting larger foes through mobility and bravado Dancing Leaf, Iron Heart Oncoming Storm, Leaping Gale
    Combat Artisan Krimm Artificer/Initiator Hybrid Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon
    Concealed Celestial Krimm Anathema to the Unmasked Fiend. Outsider with the good subtype only Devoted Spirit, Golden Saint, Stone Dragon, White Raven Falling Anvil, Scarlet Bravura
    Crimson Banner Executor Edge astrology and quick combat prophecies Army of One, Coin's Edge, Dancing Leaf Diamond Mind, Iron Heart
    Crusader of Death Krimm blackguard variant Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand Dread Crown, Infinite Torment, Ninefold Damnation
    Demonspawn Harbinger Krimm Warlock/Devoted Spirit using class Hybrid Devoted Spirit, Dread Crown, Shadow Hand or Tiger Claw Infinite Torment, Narrow Bridge?, Witch Razor
    Doom Lord Krimm Unholy general Devoted Spirit, Dread Crown, Shadow Hand, White Raven Narrow Bridge
    Draconic Partisan Krimm humanoid devoted to dragons Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, associated energy school monkey's paw (?)
    Dreadcloak Edge assassin that uses fear Army of One, Narrow Bridge, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand
    Dreaming Lotus Assassin Demented One very secretive assasins Diamond Mind, Oncoming Storm, Shadow Hand Viper Fang, Black Lotus
    Eaglewing Striker Krimm eagle-rider Iron Heart, Falling Star, Iron Heart, Tiger Claw, Twin Spirit Silver Pegasus and True Arrow (if those don't get remixed), gentle breeze, Black Rain
    Ebon Phoenix Mage Krimm Evil counterpart to Jade Phoenix Mage, hybrid Desert Wind, Dread Crown, Shadow Hand
    Ebon Raven General Demented One leader of sneaks Shadow Hand, White Raven Scarlet Bravura
    Ecclesiastic Knight Errantx combines divine spellcasting and martial ability Devoted Spirit, Stone Dragon, White Raven
    Eldritch Blademaster Krimm warlock dual-progression Iron Heart, Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw Solaris Arcanum, untamed essence
    Enlightened Budoka Demented One combat is not about violence, or skill, or even art. It is nothing more than the flow of energy–physical, mental, and spiritual Golden Saint, Setting Sun, Stone Dragon
    Errant Blademaster Demented One latecomers to the sublime path who can ignore prerequisites special list none (it would be like adding beguiler spells)
    Guardian of the Frozen Grotto Yue Ryong (WotC) (Druid or Ranger)/Placid Lake Hybrid Diamond Mind, Placid Lake, Tiger Claw
    Harmonic Lance Adept Krimm uses sound Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, White Raven Lost Lyrics, rending scream
    Hollowed Soul Krimm merge with your possessing fiend Dread Crown, Stone Dragon, Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw Infinite Torment, Ninefold Damnation
    Holy Deathless One Krimm worshiper of Aeomon, brings peaceful death Devoted Spirit, Settting Sun, White Raven Narrow Bridge? Golden Saint
    Holy Knight DragoonWraith lg champion with warlock-like invocations Devoted Spirit Golden Saint
    Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep Krimm shapechanging servant of Nyarlathotep Far Realm, Kaleidoscopic Dream Falling Anvil
    Incarnate Knight vasharanpaladin Meldshaping/(Devoted Spirit and/or Diamond Mind) Hybrid Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind "Basically going to hit all the ""Mentality, Alignment or Aligned Plane"" and ""Additional Power Source"" ones here, given the fluff, and initial disciplines. Silver Crane, Far Realm, Ninefold Damnation, Infinite Torment, Dread Crown, Golden Saint, Falling Anvil, Quicksilver Aegis, Black Heron, Kaleidoscopic Dream, Narrow Bridge, Mental Grip, Sleeping Goddess, Lost Lyrics, Solaris Arcanum, Untamed Essence, Witch Razor, Holy Word"
    Iron Slasher Krimm Dextrous and brutal Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Oncoming Storm Viper Fang
    Ironsword Speaker Krimm truespeaking dual-progression Diamond Mind, Holy Word, Iron Heart or White Raven
    Kazarzeth Errantx warrior who channels internal demon into crystal blade Black Heron, Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand Narrow Bridge, Dread Crown, Ninefold Damnation, Infinite Torment
    Leap Dragoon Draco Dei Disappear to other planes, return with overwhelming force Army of One, Devoted Spirit, Mystic Cobra, Piercing Point.
    Leviathan-Born Demented One darfellen -- very angry darfellen Army of One, Ocean Tempest, Scarlet Bravura Falling Wave, Ocean Soul, Rending Scream (are there rules about underwater sonic effects?)
    Madspawn Broodling Demented One symbiont using Far Realm, Iron Heart, Tiger Claw
    Masked Demon Krimm humanoid possessed by fiend Dread Crown, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw Black Heron, Infinite Torment, Ninefold Damnation
    Moonflame Adept - Yue Ryong (WotC) Spellfire/(Crescent Moon or Diamond Mind) Hybrid Crescent Moon, Dancing Fox, Diamond Mind
    Nightmare Reaver Demented One empowered martial soulknives with some mental powers Diamond Mind, Iron Heart Bladed Thoughts, maybe Sleeping Goddess
    Occult Adversary Krimm gain martial maneuvers from vestiges Far Realm, Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon
    Oracle Knight Demented One psionic dual-progression, perception Diamond Mind, White Raven Mental Grip, Sleeping Goddess
    Pragmatist DSpeyer mundaneness, defense Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Setting Sun Dancing Leaf, Steel Mountain, Oncoming Storm
    Prodigal Overlord Krimm leader Army of One, Scarlet Bravura
    Saurian Brute Krimm imitate and become dinosaurs, and divine dual-progression (for druids) Tiger Claw or Stone Dragon Masked Moon
    Savage Savant Demented One psionic and bestial Diamond Mind, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw Mental Grip, Masked Moon
    Shadow Knight Duke Malagigi uses darkness but for good Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Shadow Hand Falling Anvil(cf Darkwing Duck)
    Shadowstalker DSpeyer stealth Shadow Hand none
    Shrouded Ambusher Krimm arcane stealth Oncoming Storm, Shadow Hand Solaris Arcanum, Untamed Essence
    Silent Demon Demented One warrior with internal demons Diamond Mind, Dread Crown, Golden Saint, Setting Sun Black Heron, Infinite Torment, Ninefold Damnation
    Soulfire Invoker Krimm pyromaniac bards who once revered the jade/ebon phoenix mages, but rebelled Desert Wind, Shadow Hand or White Raven Lost Lyrics, untamed essence
    Spellfire Banisher Demented One anti-caster warrior Diamond Mind, Iron Heart Untamed Essence
    Spirit Archer Krimm (With help from Robert Frost?) soulbow Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Falling Star Black Rain, Way of the Gear, True Arrow, Bladed Thoughts
    Spirit Craftsman Krimm artificier dual-progression Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand or Stone Dragon untamed essence
    Spirit Lord: Champion Krimm Leaders who put their souls into their weapons, granting the weapons great power Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw White Raven
    Spirit Lord: Skirmisher Krimm Scouts who put their souls into their weapons, granting the weapons great power Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand
    Spirit Lord: Spellmaster Krimm Mages who put their souls into their weapons, granting the weapons great power Desert Wind, Setting Sun White Raven
    Student of Nine Claws DSpeyer For monsters, especially dragons Diamond Mind, Setting Sun, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw "none (DracoDei: asks ""Why?"") -- because the class features are tied to the specific schools"
    Sublime Form Master DracoDei Just Stances, no Maneuvers. Any Nine None. Already generic.
    Sublime Warrior Demented One independent discoverers of sublime way (has own recovery mechanic) Any three (Automatic)
    Sword of Levakross Krimm evil Desert Wind, Devoted Spirit, Dread Crown, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand Ninefold Damnation and Infinite Torment, maybe in some sort of enforced balance
    The Master of One Errantx Focuses on a single discipline chosen discipline (Automatic)
    Thousand-Arrow Archer Demented One archer Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Falling Star Black Rain, Way of the Gear, True Arrow
    True Master of Nine DracoDei Perfect balance between at least 9 disciplines. All that you have at least one manuever or stance from before entering it. None. Already automatically covered.
    Unmasked Fiend Krimm fiend pretending to be human and gaining bonuses to/for racial powers Dread Crown, Iron Heart, Shadow Hand, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw ninefold damnation or infinite torment, according to creature type
    Unseelie Knight Krimm fey powers, divine spellcasting Dancing Leaf, Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw disciplines Oncoming Storm, Glacial Chill
    Unveiled Dragon Krimm dragon pretending to be human and gaining bonuses to/for racial powers Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, one more
    Warforged Armorlord Krimm Warforged who improve their own bodies Iron Heart, Stone Dragon
    Warped Angel Krimm Fall from Sanity led to fall from Grace. Ferocity is all that remains. Iron Heart, Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw
    Warpforged Adept Edge agile, warforged only, focusing on mobility & placement Diamond Mind, Iron Heart
    Whirlwind Heir Demented One wind-inspired Diamond Mind, Iron Heart gentle breeze, leaping gale
    Zealot of Salamander Krimm Sphoraxun (homebrew heat-loving lizardfolk) pyromaniac cleric Devoted Spirit, Desert Wind, Tiger Claw

By disciplines:

Discipline Classes that have it originally Classes we proposed adding it to
    army of one Crimson Banner Executor, Dreadcloak, Leap Dragoon, Leviathan-Born, Prodigal Overlord, ,
    black heron Kazarzeth, , Incarnate Knight, Masked Demon, Silent Demon,
    black lotus , Dreaming Lotus Assassin,
    black rain , Bladelord (d20 Modern?), Eaglewing Striker, Spirit Archer, Thousand-Arrow Archer,
    bladed thoughts , Nightmare Reaver, Spirit Archer,
    broken blade Adept Hunter, ,
    chosen discipline The Master of One, ,
    mystic cobra Leap Dragoon, ,
    narrow bridge Dreadcloak, , Blade Incarnate, Demonspawn Harbinger, Doom Lord, Holy Deathless One, Incarnate Knight, Kazarzeth,
    ninefold damnation , Crusader of Death, Hollowed Soul, Incarnate Knight, Kazarzeth, Masked Demon, Silent Demon, Sword of Levakross, Unmasked Fiend,
    ocean soul , Leviathan-Born,
    ocean tempest Leviathan-Born, ,
    oncoming storm Angel of Death, Blade Maiden, Blade Operant, Blood Sage, Dreaming Lotus Assassin, Iron Slasher, Shrouded Ambusher, , Braveheart Bravo, Pragmatist, Unseelie Knight,
    piercing point Leap Dragoon, ,
    placid lake Guardian of the Frozen Grotto, ,
    quicksilver aegis Blade Incarnate, , Incarnate Knight,
    rending scream , Harmonic Lance Adept, Leviathan-Born,
    scarlet bravura Leviathan-Born, Prodigal Overlord, , Blade Incarnate, Concealed Celestial, Ebon Raven General,
    setting sun Angel of Death, Bladelord (d20 Modern?), Enlightened Budoka, Pragmatist, Silent Demon, Spirit Lord: Spellmaster, Student of Nine Claws, ,
    settting sun Holy Deathless One, ,
    shadow hand Al-shra'a Al-mharb, Angel of Death, Artmage, Blade Incarnate, Bladelord (d20 Modern?), Blood Sage, Crusader of Death, Demonspawn Harbinger, Doom Lord, Dreadcloak, Dreaming Lotus Assassin, Ebon Phoenix Mage, Ebon Raven General, Eldritch Blademaster, Hollowed Soul, Kazarzeth, Masked Demon, Shadow Knight, Shadowstalker, Shrouded Ambusher, Soulfire Invoker, Spirit Craftsman, Spirit Lord: Skirmisher, Sword of Levakross, Unmasked Fiend, Unseelie Knight, Warped Angel, ,
    silver pegasus , Eaglewing Striker,
    sleeping goddess , Incarnate Knight, Nightmare Reaver, Oracle Knight,
    solaris arcanum , Artmage, Eldritch Blademaster, Incarnate Knight, Shrouded Ambusher,
    steel mountain , Pragmatist,
    stone dragon * Vindicators, Aberrant Armorlord, Bladelord (d20 Modern?), Combat Artisan, Concealed Celestial, Draconic Partisan, Ecclesiastic Knight, Enlightened Budoka, Hollowed Soul, Occult Adversary, Saurian Brute, Savage Savant, Spirit Craftsman, Spirit Lord: Champion, Student of Nine Claws, Unmasked Fiend, Unveiled Dragon, Warforged Armorlord, ,
    tiger claw Aberrant Armorlord, Al-shra'a Al-mharb, Blade Maiden, Blade Operant, Bladelord (d20 Modern?), Blood Sage, Demonspawn Harbinger, Draconic Partisan, Eaglewing Striker, Eldritch Blademaster, Guardian of the Frozen Grotto, Hollowed Soul, Madspawn Broodling, Masked Demon, Saurian Brute, Savage Savant, Spirit Lord: Champion, Student of Nine Claws, Unmasked Fiend, Unseelie Knight, Unveiled Dragon, Warped Angel, Zealot of Salamander, ,
    true arrow , Eaglewing Striker, Spirit Archer, Thousand-Arrow Archer,
    twin spirit Eaglewing Striker, ,
    untamed essence , Artmage, Eldritch Blademaster, Incarnate Knight, Shrouded Ambusher, Soulfire Invoker, Spellfire Banisher, Spirit Craftsman,
    viper fang , Dreaming Lotus Assassin, Iron Slasher,
    way of the gear , Spirit Archer, Thousand-Arrow Archer,
    white raven * Vindicators, Blade Incarnate, Concealed Celestial, Doom Lord, Ebon Raven General, Ecclesiastic Knight, Harmonic Lance Adept, Holy Deathless One, Ironsword Speaker, Oracle Knight, Soulfire Invoker, Spirit Lord: Champion, Spirit Lord: Spellmaster, ,
    witch razor , Artmage, Demonspawn Harbinger, Incarnate Knight,

Categorized (with lots of overlap):

Category Classes
    archer Spirit Archer, Thousand-Arrow Archery,
    advancing non-martial powers * Vindicators, Artmage, Blade Incarnate, Blood Sage, Combat Artisan, Demonspawn Harbinger, Ebon Phoenix Mage, Ecclesiastic Knight, Eldritch Blademaster,Guardian of the Frozen Grotto, Incarnate Knight, Ironsword Speaker, Nightmare Reaver, Occult Adversary, Oracle Knight, Saurian Brute, Savage Savant, Shrouded Ambusher, Soulfire Invoker, Spirit Craftsman, Spirit Lord: Spellmaster, Unseelie Knight, Zealot of Salamander,
    evil Crusader of Death, Doom Lord, Hollowed Soul, Kazarzeth, Masked Demon, Silent Demon, Sword of Levakross, Unmasked Fiend, Zealot of Salamander,
    good Concealed Celestial, Holy Deathless One, Holy Knight, Shadow Knight,
    leadership Ebon Raven General, Prodigal Overlord, Spirit Lord: Champion,
    focused on the sublime path itself Adept Hunter, Another Master of One, Sublime Form Master, The Master of One, True Master of Nine,
    mobility Al-shra'a Al-mharb, Braveheart Bravo, Warpforged Adept, Whirlwind Heir,
    for specific races/monsters Braveheart Bravo, Leviathan-Born, Student of Nine Claws, Unveiled Dragon, Warforged Armorlord, Warped Angel, Warpforged Adept, Zealot of Salamander, Concealed Celestial,Unmasked Fiend,
    mystic Bladelord (d20 Modern?), Enlightened Budoka,
    nature Guardian of the Frozen Grotto, Saurian Brute, Unseelie Knight,
    not requiring a martial base class Errant Blademaster, Sublime Warrior,
    involving possession by outsider Concealed Celestial, Hollowed Soul, Kazarzeth, Masked Demon, Silent Demon, Unmasked Fiend,
    sneaky Angel of Death, Dreadcloak, Dreaming Lotus Assassin, Ebon Raven General, Shadowstalker, Shrouded Ambusher, Spirit Lord: Skirmisher,
    weapon Spirit Lord: Champion, Spirit Lord: Skirmisher, Spirit Lord: Spellmaster,
    no category Aberrant Armorlord, Blade Maiden, Blade Operant, Crimson Banner Executor, Draconic Partisan, Eaglewing Striker, Harmonic Lance Adept, Huixxa Vo Nyarlathotep, Iron Slasher, Leap Dragoon, Madspawn Broodling, Moonflame Adept -, Pragmatist, Spellfire Banisher

Advancing Non-Martial Powers

For Specific Races/Monsters

creature class(es)
    Halfling Braveheart Bravo,
    darfellen Leviathan-Born,
    Any monster, but especially dragons Student of Nine Claws,
    Dragons Unveiled Dragon,
    Warforged Warforged Armorlord, Warpforged Adept,
    Fallen Angels Warped Angel,
    Sphoraxun Zealot of Salamander,
    Celestials Concealed Celestial,
    Fiends Unmasked Fiend,
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-06-03 at 11:13 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

I just designed a new PrC, if you're interested. Behold, the Eldritch Adept.

EDIT: Dammit, someone beat me to it long ago. Back to pacing around hunting ideas, then.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2010-02-21 at 03:15 AM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

I would put Black Rain in with "Archery", and it was on that basis that I suggested its addition to the PrCs I did.
    Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok. Two more PrCs are in good enough shape to be added. Here are the Seeker of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades. The first uses necromancy to learn maneuvers from the dead while the second uses psionic power to pass martial skill on to the living. If there are no objections, I'll go add them to the google doc with the PrCs
    Last edited by JoshuaZ; 2010-02-21 at 10:36 PM.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

20. - Top - End - #470

Cleaning up archery, first draft:

As you may recall, we have two disciplines which are just archery. This seems poor game design, so I tried reshuffling them into two thematic disciplines. I wound up with three (I had to add a few new maneuvers to flesh it out -- those are marked with *s). Here they are:

Falcon's Eye -- precision
    Spoiler
    Show

level 1
    Eagle's Eyes: Stance -- increase range, accuracy, and damage.
    Hobbling Shot Strike - Slow an enemy's movement
    Marksman's Shot Strike - Reduce range penalties and inflict bonus damage
    Stance of Accuracy Stance - Recieve bonus to ranged damage for repeated attacks

level 2
    Disarming Shot Strike - Disarm at a distance
    Blindside: Boost -- cause opponent to become flat-footed

level 3
    Skirmisher's Stance Stance - Gain +1 to hit, +1d6 damage when moving
    Unerring Shot Strike - Ranged attack ignores cover, concealment, weather
    Sure Shot: Strike -- one arrow gains +20 to hit and deals extra damage
    Take Aim: Strike -- resolve one arrow as touch attack

level 4
    Silver Sparrow Shot Strike - Make a Spot check to inflict double damage

level 5
    Blindstrike: Strike -- blind opponent with successful attack
    Horizon Seeker Strike - Attack ignores range and deals +4d6 damage
    Mithral-eyed Accuracy Boost - Attacks ignore concealment and magical barriers

level 6
    Starlight Hail Boost - Make ranged attacks as touch attacks, critically hit more
    Sublime Marksmanship Stance - Ignore all concealment and less than total cover

level 7
    Eagle's Eye Boost - Aim at a target with a Spot check to make attacks as touch attacks, do 2d6+IL bonus damage
    Perfect Sniper Strike - Spot check to ignore range penalties and magical barriers, inflict +15d6 to flat-footed enemy

level 8
    Diamond-edged Cascade Boost - Arrows fire through targets, inflict 2d6+IL bonus damage
    Golden Sparrow Shot Strike - Spot check to inflict quadruple damage
    Supreme Focus Stance - Initiate an extra boost per round

level 9
    Doom Arrow Strike - Spot check to inflict 100 extra damage

Iron Rain -- saturation and meleishness
    Spoiler
    Show

level 1
    Archer's Evasion Boost - Avoid attacks of opportunity for movement

level 2
    Multiple Shot: Boost -- gain extra attack at BAB; take -2 penalty to BAB
    Opportunist's Shot Counter - Take a ranged attack of opportunity
    Dummy Shot: Counter -- make feint against opponent to gain temporary AC

level 3
    Flanking Shot*: strike - target you hit is flanked for the next round from the side nearest you

level 4
    Trick Shot: Counter -- make immediate disarm attempt against attacker
    Alarming Alacrity Boost - Make an additional attack

level 5
    Strafe: Stance -- gain the ability to deal more damage when you move
    Quicker than the Eye Strike - Attack ignores enemy's dexterity
    Defense of the True Arrow Stance - Provoke no attacks of opportunity for ranged attacks

level 6
    Hit the crowd*: strike - make a full attack against a contiguous block of adjacent targets. Gain +5 to the attack roll for each target in the group, but roll randomly to determine which target each arrow attacks

level 7
    Hail of Arrows: Strike -- make full attack; gain three extra attacks

level 8
    Storm of Arrows*: Strike -- as a standard action, shoot a number of arrows equal to your dexterity modifier at your full attack bonus

level 9
    Cyclone of Arrows*: Strike -- as a full round action, shoot every enemy in range (i.e. 1 range increment)

Falling Star -- mysticism
    Spoiler
    Show

level 1
    Flaming Arrow: Strike -- arrows light on fire.
    Phantom Arrow: Strike -- arrows can strike ghosts and other incorporeal creatures.
    Lightning Bolt: Strike -- arrows spark with electricity.

level 2
    Thunder Bolt*: Strike -- arrows do sonic damage
    Phasing Arrow*: Strike -- one shot is touch attack and ignores dr

level 3
    Ignited Shot Strike - Set fire to an enemy
    Reciprocating Shot: Counter -- deal damage to opponent equal to damage received
    Phantom Hail: Stance -- do not need bow or arrows; all arrow gain ghost touch property

level 4
    Farsighted Focus - See from a different perspective
    Line of the Impaled Strike - Attack several enemies in a line
    Exploding Arrow: Strike -- one arrow gains flaming burst and keen properties and deals extra damage
    Pilot Arrow: Strike -- one arrow gains +20 to hit and deals extra damage; successive arrows are at +5 to hit and deal extra damage

level 5
    Vengence Stance* -- all arrows fired gain the bane property against a creature type (to change creature type requires a swift action, switching the stance to itself)

level 6
    Elemental Arrow: Strike -- one arrow gains shocking burst, flaming burst, freezing burst, and keen properties and dales extra damage
    Endless Lightning: Stance -- all arrows gain shocking burst and keen properties
    Earth-rending Shot Strike - Attack all enemies in line, do +6d6 damage

level 7
    Mindcrush: Strike -- render opponent blind, deaf, silenced, and shaken
    Phantom Arrow Strike - Stun an enemy with a phantom shot

level 8
    Skyfire: Strike -- attack one foe; deal extra fire and electrical damage to that opponent and all within 30'

level 9
    Obliterate: Strike -- deal extra damage; add bane and slaying properties to one arrow

Thoughts?
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2010-02-22 at 01:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Iron Rain ONLY having stances at 5th level is odd... but not necessarily bad, just means you probably don't want to go Master of One with it or even a focus on it as a discipline. With Falcon's Eye being the only one with a first level stance, some people wanting to make low level archery focused characters may be annoyed, unless Falcon's Eye is made as ubiquitous as Stone Dragon in its availability. Or we can try to come up with some more first level stances.

EDIT: I also think that a Boost and/or Strike and/or Stance based on my Flickering weapon enchantment might be good for either Iron Rain (since it produces a huge number of arrows... sort of), or Falling Star, since it is a blatantly supernatural effect... I strongly suggest the Boost or the Strike to allow full attacks with it, partially because archers lack of damage is made up for by the fact they can get full attacks easier (since they don't have to move around to change targets or close range), but also (to a lesser extent) because it increases the cool factor when you can shoot 100 arrows a turn, rather than 20 (read the actual effect of the enchantment before you decide this is overpowered). I would say the stance is the way to go, because the one thing it DOESN'T do is increase the amount of damage the attacks to. Another solution would be to make the strike dual mode, being able to be done as an attack (standard) or full-attack (full round action).

Random thought: How about a "Straight Shot" boost (or even stance) where your arrows fly true, regardless of non-solid things trying to alter their course... this would negate deflection bonuses, and (more importantly to a lot of ivory tower theorists) wind effects. You could have the level of wind effect it can negate scale with level, and it definitely shouldn't be lower than a 3rd level stance/maneuver.

P.S. (and I have been holding this in for months, if not years) Defeating the Wind Wall + Fly combo is quite possible for an archer if the GM is willing to think a little, and maybe kill a cat-girl in a good cause... if the flying wizard is on the other side of the wind-wall you move to that side and take your single attack... if he is above the wind wall you get directly under him, and the wind is just going to get it where it was going anyway...

EDIT^2: The sort of people who are fans of Artificers are going to LOVE the one that lets a character change the Bane type of their arrows with a Swift action... then again, +2 to-hit and +2d6 damage isn't THAT powerful.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-06-18 at 11:32 AM.
    Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #472

SolithKnightGuy

BTW, I put Mystic Cobra up for grabs, not Sohei Adept... that's till my baby, I've got some ideas for a revision on that, to make it more interesting and better, possibly with a cooler name.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shyftir View Post
    BTW, I put Mystic Cobra up for grabs, not Sohei Adept... that's till my baby, I've got some ideas for a revision on that, to make it more interesting and better, possibly with a cooler name.
    Err? Did I do something that made you think I thought otherwise? All I did was archive the current version of Sohei, because I couldn't shake the sneaking suspicion you might end up going in a direction that some other people might regret.
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

I tweaked Zany Dodge so if you are immune to Confusion, you instead fall prone... I might change that to just falling prone to start with.

Also, I would still like to know what people think of Falling Anvil Masters of One, and Hearthstone Vindicators (for the "* Vindicators" thread that expands Ruby Knight Vindicators out to all the other disciplines).

I also happened across some "Spy vs Spy" stuff on You-Tube (from MAD Tv), and watched some of it... it looks like it is not really suitable for inclusion in Falling Anvil, because it is just a whole spectrum of uses for Bluff and Craft(Trapmaking), rather than having the more narrowly defined repeating gags that are good for turning into maneuvers.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-22 at 04:54 PM.
    Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #475

SolithKnightGuy

Just making sure I was being clear. And I'll post me revision in a new thread no worries.

26. - Top - End - #476

Sounds like archery needs a little more filling in...

Ride the Storm -- Stance -- Iron Rain 3
    You feel the movements of air and automatically adjust your shots accordingly. You are not effected by wind except as follows. Shooting into the wind decreases your range increment by 5 ft per 10 mph. Shooting with the wind increases your range by the same amount. Shooting through a wind wall counts as travelling 50 ft of distance.

Greater Phasing Arrow -- Strike -- Falling Star 5
    In addition to using touch ac and ignoring dr, a greater phasing arrow ignores cover and wind effects (including wind wall). You are still effected by miss chances from not knowing your target's exact location.

I'll think of some level 1 stances later.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Sorry to add further to your sorrows, guys, but I thought I'd just drop a link and PEACH to my first PrC attempted with a view towards inclusion in the Age of Warriors project: the Brother of the Diamond Tusk, a PrC that's aimed at the Twin Spirit school in particular and which could be considered a sort of dwarven counterpart to the awesomeness that is the Eaglewing Striker.

Hope y'all enjoy picking it apart.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

On the discipline extras checklist, I just made a few suggestions for what the slotted maneuver granting items might be for some of the disciplines. I am not sure if the Muhammad Ali reference fits Army of One, but as TVTropes says "The man didn't know how to speak EXCEPT in bad-ass boast." (or something like that).

EDIT: Also, did up the Subra (name subject to change), which is basically a tie-dyed leopard, infused with the power of the fey and turbo-charged with Kaleidoscopic Dream power... the turbo-charging may be a bit much (if you calculate it out they are getting up to 5 swift actions per round), but I like the way it alters the creature. Note that I only used 1st level maneuvers/stance.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-23 at 01:30 PM.
    Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #479
    Colossus in the Playground

I had an idea for a discipline, but I'm neither sure if it's a good idea, nor if there isn't already something like that.

First of all, for the name, I'll choose something like "Eye of Truth" or "Hammer of Truth".
    Basically, a mystical lawful discipline, focusing on combating trickery. Stances which help you see through illusions, strikes which dispel magical disguises on the target, the ability to force enemies into their true form, cast out possession...

Does that sound like a good idea, or should it be something divine instead of martial?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

No reason you can't have "one of each", although for the divine version it would be a something other than a discipline* probably (unless you feel it best to just give them access to only one discipline with no previous martial knowledge, except maybe a single instance of Martial study).

*As you probably already know, your options are: PrC, feat, feat chain, and alternate class features.
    Extended Signature