New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Community World-building Project: Viridia (The Green Realm)

Another contribution from yours truly, a fungus based off this creepy little thing.

Spoiler
    Show

Devouring Rot:
    Contact, DC 20, 1 day, 1d4 int 1d4 dex. After one week without successfully fending off the disease, the victim acquires the Spore-bound template, coming under the control of the fungal infection.

Spore-bound

Spore-bound are the puppet-bodies of an insidious intelligent fungus that controls the mind and body of it’s host to find the ideal spot to spread it’s spores and continue the cycle. The spore-bound template is acquired in the final stages of the Devouring Rot disease. The spore-bound have one simple, overriding desire. To spread their fungal infection as far and as wide as possible. A spore-bound looks and acts much like the previous inhabitant of it's body, though those familiar with the creature may make a DC 20 sense motive check to realize something is wrong or different.

Spore-bound is an aquired template that can be applied to any plant creature that does not have the [fungus] subtype.

Size and Type
    A spore-bound creature retains it’s size and type, though it loses any subtypes it poseses and gains the [fungus] subtype.

Speed
    As base creature -5 ft. If the base creature has a fly speed, it’s maneuverability decreases by one step.

Attacks
    As base creature, but an attack with a natural weapon or unarmed attack will carry the Devouring Rot.

Special Attacks

Spore Cloud (Ex)
    As a full-round action, a spore-bound can sacrifice itself, it’s head exploding violently, putting forth a cloud of spores that can spell the doom of entire cities. The spore cloud extends to cover a thirty-foot radius spread. For three rounds after that, it expands another ten feet each round, and hangs in the air for three rounds thereafter, before it is dispersed as normal by winds. Any creature that enters the cloud or begins their turn within it must make a fortitude save against the Devouring Rot.
    Special Qualities

Decentralization (Ex)
    A spore-bound does not take extra damage from precision-based attacks. The fungal matter permeating their body controls them utterly, so the majority of damage to the spore-bound can be ignored.

Abilities
    A spore-bound gets -4 cha -4 int, -4 dex, +4 con and +4 str. The fungus mind is simple and awkward in a borrowed body, but it is remarkably tough and strong.

Environment
    Tropical Forests

Challenge Rating
    As base creature +1

Alignment
    Always chaotic neutral

Level Adjustment
    As base creature +1

Although, someone will need to tell me where to find a disease, I need to stat up Devouring Rot.

EDIT: Okay, we may have a problem. I went to go edit in the Apilae and the Mirsh, and my first post is now officially too long to post. Anyone have another idea for how to maintain our records?
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-03-11 at 12:59 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Hmm. How about you heal 1d8+ class level for free. You can then sacrifice spells to heal an additional Xd8 HP, where X is the level of the spell slot sacrificed. In addition, sacrificing spell slots of level two or higher lets you remove conditions from the target. That makes it so you can't heal effectively in combat for free, but out-of-battle healing is easy and cheap.

Also, since there are a lot of critters with fire resistance, maybe you could put something on the resistance and rename it, so the flamekeeper's spells ignore fire resistance up to the resistance granted by class. Throw a similar ability into that fire immunity that lets a flamekeeper damage even fire-immune creatures with it's spells and attacks.
    I did the first one, but there's a problem with the second. Mainly that it's already a The Devouring Flame capstone.

Edit: Maybe you could change to links to the posts the final versions are in?
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2010-03-11 at 12:31 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

3. - Top - End - #183

First, /class level means that he'd be healing 10d10 for free with a touch at will. This is not the intention, I am assuming. Also, I recommended d8 because d10 just seems out of place. Most other healing spells deal in d8s. The scaling healing is NOT a good thing. Unlimited free out of battle healing is very powerful, but unlimited free IN-BATTLE healing? That's just ridiculous. It needs to stay at d8+class level as long as he's not sacrificing spells. Anything more than that will need a cost, specifically, in the form of spells.

Ahh. *sweatdrop* I didn't notice. I'm sorry, I've been a little busy/distracted of late...

That could work. I will say I wasn't expecting nearly so much productivity out of my little project.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Changed the healing again.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Changed the healing again.
    Again with the scaling! As I said, the no-cost healing should NEVER go above 1d8+1/class level. You can make it so the bonus healing from the spell sacrificed increases or something, but the free healing NEEDS to stay limited to 1d8. He's throwing around FREE, UNLIMITED cure critical wounds at 7th, otherwise. This is not a good thing. This is extremely, extremely powerful. This needs to be changed.

Also, you should word the base healing as something like '1d8 points of damage +1 point per class level'. I don't want any confusion on how it improves.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Moar change. I made the extra healing only apply on sacrificed spell slots.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Squish: Make a second thread for the completed creations that you link to this thread. That oughta do the trick.

Oh, and here are some diseases, if you want to find them yourself, they are on page 292 of the DMG:
    Mummy rot: Contact, Dc 20, Incubation of 1 day, 1d6 Con damage.
    Slimy Doom: Contact, DC 14, Incubation of 1 day, 1d4 con damage.

8. - Top - End - #188

The only problem with direct-linking the posts with the finished versions is that a great number of them include a lot of other information in the same post.

I don't know about making a new thread, it seems awkward. I think I'll have to make a string of posts with the fully-formatted versions in them. Oh, jagadaishio, do you mind if I fiddle with your fluff for the elemental races? And the embodied airs might need an additional cloud-walking ability for this world.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Ohhh, yeah. Not arguing that bit at all.

Oh, this reminds me, are you going to do an earth elemental race along with the rest of the ones made thus far?
    Yeah, as soon as mid terms are all over.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

10. - Top - End - #190

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Oh, and you never did mention if I could fiddle with you fluff a little bit to make them fit in the setting.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

Trees:

Ironbark:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ironbark:

Ironbark are an extremely physically powerful race of trees. They are shorter and stockier than most trees, never growing beyond ten or twelve feet at the top of their boughs. While most trees' metabolisms directs their growth vertically, a Ironbark grows much slower, their development mostly internal.
    Physical description: Ironbarks are wide and powerful, their arms and legs thick and strong, both ending in rootlike digits. Their bodies are hunched forward, branches spouting from their upper back, shoulders, and head to support a thick canopy of broad, deep green leaves. Their faces lack noses or mouths, their voice instead resonating out of their faces in deep, rich and melodic sounds. They produce small clusters of reddish flowers among their leaves during spring, which later develop into bunches of slightly bitter berries.
    Society: Ironbark are small to most trees, a fact the rest will never really allow them to forget. Ironbarks spend the majority of their time on the move, training their iron-hard bodies in combat against any worthy opponent, which includes any number of wild hunters and fungi.
    Relations: Bush races despise the Ironbark simply for being trees. Other trees view them as weak, due to their stature. Grazers and Hunters generally don't have an opinion about them, though hunters have a healthy respect for their incredible strength. Fungals usually just see them as another variety of weird surfacer. Ironbark themselves are not free of the superiority complex of trees in general, however, and often view non-trees as inferior, even if they don't say it.
    Alignment: Ironbark tend towards lawful alignments, self discipline and rigorous training ingrained in their roots. Self-improvement is seen as it's own goal.
    Adventures: Ironbark adventurers tend to be monks, focused on improving themselves to earn the respect of their size-obsessed cousins. Some shun the ways of the trees that treat them like mere bushes, and these often find a calling in barbarian or fighter.
    Names: Hroom, Vuun, Koruk, Haa. (Ironbark names are partially musical, their resonating voices changing pitch as they speak them)

Monstrous Humanoid [Tree][Plant]
    +6 Strength, –2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, –2 Intelligence,
    –4 Charisma: Ironbark are dense, brawny trees that are incredibly resilient, but they are too stiff for fine mobility, and care little for the 'weak' ways of the mind.
    without a great deal of intelligence or couth.
    Large: As Large creatures, Ironbark take a –1 penalty
    to Armor Class and a –1 penalty on all attack rolls. They
    also have a reach of 10 feet.
    Ironbark base land speed is 20 feet.
    Natural Armor: Ironbark have +6 natural armor due to
    their iron-infused bark
    Leverage: An ironbark is usually extremely experienced at using it's 'small' size to it's advantage against larger enemies. Any creature huge or larger does not gain a size bonus to Grapple checks or Bull rush attempts against an ironbark.
    Automatic Languages: Ironbark and Tree
    Bonus languages: Common, Fungal, Ingan, Sylvan, Terran, Aquan, Auran.
    -Favored Class: Monk
    -Level adjustment +2.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Bushes:

Leaflings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leafling

Leaflings are the most common of the bushes and are in many ways the most plain looking. They share the common tendency of bushes to seek entertainment over practical affairs. Leaflings prefer to place their colonies in large fields or swamps with few to no trees; they will deforest the area prior to settling if need be. Leaflings erect great earthen rings to serve as the borders of their settlements, acquiring help from elementals when possible. The interior of leafling cities tend to be languid affairs; expansive and beautiful gardens criss-crossed with streams and bridges, dotted with the occasional pagoda to be used on hot days to keep from dehydrating and as protection from occasional weather fronts.
    Physical Description: Leaflings are, at first glance, short, bulky humanoids, covered in leafy skin. Anyone who knows anything about leaflings, though, knows that while they are indeed short, their bodies are slender and delicate. The leaves covering their bodies add an illusion of bulk. Leaflings universally have pale skin and dark leaves with the actual shades varying from a bluish-green to an almost yellow colour. Given that leaflings photosynthesize from leaves across their entire bodies, and given that you can't really see their trunks through the leaves anyway, there is no nudity taboo among leaflings. If anyting, there is an aversion to clothing. Leaflings have distinct genders with females growing fluffy, air-borne seed pods after fertilization. Receptive females flower, producing colourful blooms.
    Society: Leafling society is sedentary and artistic. In a leafling city, citizens will spend their days leisurely meandering and tending garden pathes, soaking in the sun, and conversing at length with their fellows. Those who choose to pursue a skill set tend heavily towards artistic, musical, theatrical, philosophical, and magical skills. Entertainment is paramount in leafling society, as they are a people who need for nothing save activities to fill their time. Leafling society tends to be very open and accepting of other people, cultures, and world views, and will talk at great lengths with others about them.
    Relations: Leaflings are nothing if not friendly. They will get along famously with anyone willing to put up with their antics. They tend to need the help of grazers or hunters when it comes to doing anything practical. Unless a city is in a remarkably safe and stable region, this is a very real need. Other races tend to look at leaflings as people to be kept around as entertainers at best and burdens who refuse to do anything productive at worst.
    Alignment and Religion: Leaflings favor freedom and kindness, leaning towards good and chaos. They tend to be in-effectual goodie-goodies - people quite willing to preach kindness and acceptance rather than going out and hunting down evil. Leaflings worship regional sun and rain gods almost exclusively.
    Adventures: Leafling adventurers are rare, most being perfectly content to spend their days in leisure in their cities of artists. Those that do venture out tend to do so for one of three reasons. The first is that they naively think that it will be great fun to go exploring, only to later realize the brutal truths of the world outside their groves. The second is that a rebellious young leafling grows disgusted with their easy life and decides to tough it out in the wild. The third is that there is some reason why adventuring is mandatory for the survival of themselves or the grove - whether they're scouting for a new clearing to move the grove to or trying to stop fire elementals from reaching the grove, they don't have any choice in the matter. Leafling adventurers tend to be bards or sorcerers, adepts of the arts and magic. Leaflings also have a long-standing monk tradition, learning unarmored martial arts because of how prohibitive their metabolisms tend to be regarding armor.
    Male Leafling Names: Shin, Laong, Bok, Chul
    Female Leafling Names: Tei, Maoli, Pini, Foa

Leafling 3.5 Racial Traits
    Humanoid [Plant] [Bush]
    +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution. Leaflings are intuitive, emotional, and creative, but are weak, slender, and frail.
    Speed: 30 ft
    Leafy Body (ex): A leafling's body is covered in concealing leaves, giving it a few advantages. First, a leafling gains a +4 to hide checks in any area with moderate to dense foliage. Second, a leafling is treated as one size smaller for the purpose of their size bonus to AC as enemies have a hard time seeing their bodies through the leaves. Third, a leafling has a 25% chance of ignoring the extra damage of any critical hit confirmed against them as the leaves make aiming for vitals hard. A leafling's rustling leaves cause a -2 racial penalty on Move Silently checks.
    Natural Artist (ex): A leafling is a natural artist. Leaflings gain a +2 racial bonus on all Perform checks.
    Languages: Leaflings begin play speaking either Sylvan or Common. Leaflings with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Sylvan, Common, Terran, Aquan, Auran, Ingan.
    Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass leafling's bard class does not count when determining whether he takes and experience point penalty.

Leafling Pathfinder Racial Traits
    Humanoid [Plant] [Bush]
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution. Leaflings are intuitive, emotional, nimble, and creative, but are weak, slender, and frail.
    Leafy Body (ex): A leafling's body is covered in concealing leaves, giving it a few advantages. First, a leafling gains a +4 to hide checks in any area with moderate to dense foliage. Second, a leafling is treated as one size smaller for the purpose of their size bonus to AC as enemies have a hard time seeing their bodies through the leaves. Third, a leafling has a 25% chance of ignoring the extra damage of any critical hit confirmed against them as the leaves make aiming for vitals hard. A leafling's rustling leaves causes a -2 racial penalty on all stealth checks to avoid detection by means of hearing.
    Natural Artist (ex): A leafling is a natural artist. Leaflings gain a +2 racial bonus on all Perform checks. At fifth level, and every five levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +2, to a maximum of +10 at 20th level.
    Languages: Leaflings begin play speaking either Sylvan or Common. Leaflings with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Sylvan, Common, Terran, Aquan, Auran, Ingan.

Langit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Langit

(Female)

(Male)

Langit are a rare and interesting race. They dwell in the harsh, forbidding deserts of Viridia, a world inhospitable to all but the most stoic and stout of plant life. The males are proud and stoic, spending weeks trudging through the sands in search of oases. The females, by contrast, spend their days languishing about within the oases, frolicking and enjoying plentiful water supplies.
    Physical Description:
    Langit males are wide and strong, with long legs and barrel-like chests. Their heads and stout necks bear the longest needles, which jut backwards from their angular faces. Their backs, shoulders, forearms, chests, and thighs all bear shorter spines. They can forcibly stiffen these spines to harm attackers, though they are rather flexible otherwise.
    Females are much smaller than their male counterparts, with much fewer and much finer rows of spines. They do bear a crest of large, thornlike spines along the top of their head. Each ear bears a large flower which blooms when they are receptive. Along the back and sides of the head sprout leafy strands which are often braided together.
    Society:
    Langit have two distinct societies based on the gender lines. Females spend the vast majority of their lives in oases. It is in these islands of life that young langits are planted and raised. Males spend the majority of their time in the desert, traveling in groups of ten-twenty, stopping into oases for a week or two at a time, at most. When young males come of age, they leave in caravan with the next group of passing males. When a female comes of age, they either take up residence in the oasis, or if the oasis is full, enter dormancy and are borne by the males to the next oasis.
    Relations: Langit rarely have contact with non-langits, either by virtue of the langit being disinclined to leave the sands, or the non-langit's unwillingness to enter them. Males that do venture outside the desert are often treated well by bushes, who respect their strength and silently appreciate their low maintenance. Females are treated as outsiders, to a degree, being very different from most other bushes.
    Alignment and Religion: Langit males have a tendency to lawful alignments, though they show little preference for good or evil. Females also have a lawful tilt, though it is not as pronounced as the males. Langit revere Luumu, Alemar, and Pohloh primarily, though Luumu is by far their primary diety. It is customary to offer thanks to Pohloh whenever a group of males discovers a new oasis, unpopulated by the langit.
    Adventures: Langit adventurers are rare. While the vast majority of males will have a level or two of fighter or barbarian, they rarely go beyond the sands to do any 'true' adventuring. Males are far more likely to take up the mantle of adventuring.
    Male Langit Names: Hogu, Mori, Sora, Valas
    Female Langit Names: Vena, Seph, Kala, Mara

Langit Male Racial Traits
    Humanoid [Plant] [Bush]
    +2 str, +4 con, -2 int, -4 cha. Langit males are incredibly resilient and strong, but are too brief and too gruff with their speech, as well as not being particularly adept thinkers.
    Spiny Body (ex): A langit can, as a swift action, stiffen or relax their spines. While stiffened, any creature making a natural attack, a melee touch attack, grapple check, or an unarmed attack against a langit takes 1d3 points of piercing damage. The langit also deals this damage if they make any of the above attacks against an opponent. This damage applies to allies as well.
    Natural Weapons: A langit gains a slam attack that deals 1d4 damage.
    Natural Armor: A langit gains a +1 natural armor bonus to AC.
    Stoicism: A langit can go up to two moths on a single waterskin's worth of water with no penalties. Even after that, a langit accrues penalties for thirst at half the normal rate.
    Languages: Langit begin play speaking Common and Langit. Langit with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Sylvan, Common, Aquan, Auran, Ingan.
    Favored Class:Barbarian. A multiclass langit barbarian's class does not count when determining whether he takes and experience point penalty.

Langit Female Racial Traits
    Humanoid [Plant] [Bush]
    -2 strength, +2 con, -2 wis, +4 cha. Langit females are made of tough stuff, and they are naturally comely to behold. However, they lack experience with the world beyond the oasis and they don't have any pressing need for strength.
    Speed:20 ft
    Small: As a Small creature, a langit female gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
    Dormancy(ex): A langit femal who goes without water for more than three days can choose to enter a state of suspended animation, curling up and seemingly drying out. After a week of no water, the state activates automatically. A langit in this state is helpless and considered unconscious. A langit in this state does not require food, sunlight, or water, and can remain in this state indefinitely, without aging. A langit female is immediately restored to the exact state they were in when they began the dormancy when exposed to water, though no amount less than a full waterskin will suffice.
    Spines: A femal langit's spines are smaller than a male's, but they still have some use. A female langit gains a +2 bonus to grapple, climb, and balance checks made to resist slipping. They also gain a +2 bonus to resist bull rushes and trips.
    Languages: Langit begin play speaking Common and Langit. Langit with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Sylvan, Common, Aquan, Auran, Ingan.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-03-14 at 06:17 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

Grazers:

Mandragora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mandragora

Mandragora make vast farming communities on plains and savannas, making fields dotted with large houses. Mandragora work hard and take great pride in that fact. Mandragora seeds are planting in special fields apart from the normal crops and, for the first two years after planting, the only visible sign of the mandragora is a small bush where they were planted. After two years, the infant mandragora is dug up, the bush forming the equivalent to an afro. Their bush is the same size at infancy as adulthood, so it's often said that infant mandragora need to grow into their comparatively large foliage.
    Physical Description: Mandragora are green and brown skinned humanoids. They have a large cropping of foliage on the top of their heads, the only thing that was above the ground for the first two years of their life. Mandragoran clothes tend to be loose robes and cloaks of brown and rust-coloured cloth. Mandragora wear large ornamental bindi in both genders, usually in the shape of a seed, nut, fruit, or blossom and ideally made of some kind of precious or semi-precious metal. Bindi in simpler shape and/or made of materials like wood, simple stone, or base metals are considered a mark of poverty and being of the lowest class.
    Society: Mandragora have an agrarian society where hard work is valued higher than anything else. An incompetent fool who works his ass off will be considered much more highly than the talented person who coasts by on the least effort possible. While most mandragora are farmers, in large enough communities, towns or cities will form at the center of the farmlands where markets are established to trade goods, food, and service.
    Relations: Mandragora tend to be hard-working and brutally honest. They don't wait to be asked their opinion before they voice it, and they don't tone up or tone down their opinons. This can get them in trouble with people who don't share the same attitude towards socializing; other races tend to be insulted by what they see as cruel comments, while mandragora see other races as dishonest for refusing to address shortcomings. Mandragora understand the value of having hunters around for safety, and will usually offer to feed them whatever grown crops they need. On the flip side, mandragora see bushes as lazy and unproductive people more concerned with petty games and pretty pictures that things that really matter.
    Alignment and Religion: Mandragora as a people leaning heavily towards lawful and neutral alignments, though individuals tend to run the gamut. They worship gods of sun and rain, as all plants tend to, but to mandragora the chief-most deity is not that of the life-giving sun but of the crop-giving earth. The priests of the mandragora tend to be druids, rather than clerics, who tour the growing-fields, casting spells to help foster healthy crops.
    Adventures: Mandragoran adventurers tend to be hardy and tenacious, going to great lengths to accomplish the goals they have set for themselves. Many will go adventuring hoping to acquire seeds to great new crops. Most go hoping for a life of excitement and adventure, hating the boring life of farming they were raised in. Mandragoran adventurers tend to be druids and fighters.
    Male Mandragora Names: Aruj, Motanji, Rambei, Palalambi
    Female Mandragora Names: Basubara, Kaprinse, Minua, Pantindil

Mandragora 3.5 Racial Traits
    Humanoid [Plant] [Grazer]
    +2 Constitution. Mandragora are hardy, but otherwise average.
    Bonus Feat: Mandragora gain Endurance as a free bonus feat at first level.
    Hard Worker: Mandragora take a +2 racial bonus on all profession and craft skill checks. Mandragora take half of the normal amount of time required for craft and profession checks.
    Languages: Mandragora begin play speaking Common and Mandragon. Mandragora with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Sylvan, Terran, Aquan, Auran, Fungal.
    Favored Class: Druid. A multiclass mandragora's druid class does not count when determining whether he takes and experience point penalty.

Mandragora Pathfinder Racial Traits
    Humanoid [Plant] [Grazer]
    +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom. Mandragora are hardy and possessed of an intuitive pragmatism.
    Bonus Feat: Mandragora gain Endurance as a free bonus feat at first level.
    Hard Worker: Mandragora take a +2 racial bonus on all profession and craft skill checks. This bonus increases by +2 at fifth level and every five levels thereafter to a max of +10 at 20th level. Mandragora take half of the normal amount of time required for craft and profession checks.
    Languages: Mandragora begin play speaking Common and Mandragon. Mandragora with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Sylvan, Terran, Aquan, Auran, Fungal.

Apilae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apilae
    The Apilae are a species of grazers covered in a vinelike growth. They are peaceful, if somewhat odd natured. Most Apilae make their home in temperate forests forming societies of Apilae. These societies usually live in the trees, making use of the natural climbing ability found in Apilae. They feed themselves by way of hanging gardens from large trees as well as platforming the trees with edible vines. An Apilae society can be an odd sight indeed.
    Physical Description
    Apilae are tall and flexible being made up of what is basically a very thick plant stem. The vinelike growths evident in all Apilae are actually their limbs and thick packs of intertwined vines function as their legs and arms. This makes the Apilae very dexterous and flexible, but quite suspectible to harm. An Apilaes body is of a lightish green color but can deviate in tone, being sometimes rather dark or having brown or even red hues. Apilae don't have much in the way of gender differences, but their females generally have more head-vines and a redder hue. Apilae reproduce by way of pollinating with their vines. The females then carry the fertilized seed inside their vine growths until they are large enough to be let out. At this point they usually stay stationary for a month until starting to move.
    Society
    Apilae society values cleverness. Ones who innovate on old inventions are held in high regard and ways of making ones life easier is a great goal for Apilae. Apilae are not lazy though, but they are certainly not as work inclined as the Mandragora. Apilae societies can get rather large and they sometimes merge with other societies, maybe even living literally above the heads of other races. Apilae trade in many exotic plants since their unique method of farming grants them ready access to plants many other races have barely even heard of.
    Relations
    Apilae are usually nonchalant and a bit pranksy. They are usually cool headed in addition to being rather friendly. Apilae are also energetic. However, all of these traits add up to the Apilae being sometimes rather clueless of other peoples emotions and a tendency to be annoying
    Apilae in general are an accepting and positive people. They have good relationships with most races, but the Mandragora have a tendency to brush them off for being nonserious and just generally posessing a completely diffenrent set of preferences and attitudes. Apilae get along well with most bushes, understanding their fun-loving natures very well.
    Religion and Alingment
    Apilae lean toward neutral mostly, but have more good than evil tendencies. The gods of the sun and rain gain most worship in Apilae communities, but Apilae in general are not very involved in religion.
    Adventures
    Apilae adventurers often do it just for the fun of it or to satisfy some of their own curiosities, but most don't go that way. Despite their nature they still mainly prefer their home societies. Apilae adventurers tend to be rogues.
    Apilae names
    Male: Sioya, Nogel, Orn, Menra
    Female Aoya, Minne, Syy

Medium Humanoid [Plant] [Grazer]
    +2 Dex, -2 Con. Apilae are flexible and dexterous, but their soft form renders them suspectible to damage.
    Speed: 30ft, 20ft Climb

Vine-hands
    An Apilaes vine like hands can be used for many purposes. They can switch between these modes as a move action.
    Hands
    The Apilae has normal hands.
    Tentacle
    The Apilae can extend a long growth from it's hand gaining a natural weapon with a reach of 10 feet. This weapon deals 1d4 slashing damage+str.
    Graspers
    The Apilae extends crooked vines to grab things more easily. The Apilae has +4 to grapple checks and gains a +10 untyped bonus to it's climb speed.

Low-Light Vision
    Apilae can see twice as far as normal in poor lighting conditions.

Apilae have a +2 bonus to Jump and Tumble checks.

Languages: Apilae start play speaking Common and Apilan. Apilae with high intelligience scored may choose from the following: Sylvan, Mandragon, Tree, Fungal, Auran, Aquan.

Favored Class: The Favored class for a multiclass Apilae is rogue.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-03-14 at 06:20 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194

Hunters:

Creepers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creeper

Creepers are something of the standard among the "tolerable" hunters that the bushes and grazers allow to remain in their cities. Creepers have a, perhaps well-founded, reputation as being sneaky and ruthless. As a whole, they maintain a starkly survivalist attitude, trained in the use of their own bodies and natural stealth, often living as wandering loners when not accepted into a city.
    Physical Description: Creepers could be described as tall and thin were it not for their oversized hands, forearms, and feet. Their bodies are covered in a smooth green skin, with protective spikes on their shoulders around their necks, on their forearms near the elbow, and on their ankles. Their heads are always some kind of unusual colour, varying by family, but pinks, blues, and yellows tend to be most common. Small buds and blossoms of the same colour bloom among their spikes. Creepers are gender neutral, and cross-pollinate with prolonged facial contact between two fertile members of the race. The seeds grow in pods among the flowers between the spikes.
    Society: The best description of Creeper society is that they have a lack of one. When not accepted into a larger community of others, they tend to exist as lone hunters, meeting up with each other only to mate and seed. As a rule, Creepers have natural instincts favoring stealth, cunning, and ruthless survivalist tendencies.
    Relations: Creeper agents tend to be accepted into cities more often than not. They offer good protection, as long as you're willing to put up with them weirdly stalking around. Creepers have a special hatred for fungoids. Their blooming heads are especially susceptible to a contagious fungal rot that man fungoids, immune to its effects, carry on their skins. Rather than act aggressively towards fungoids, Creepers try to avoid them at all costs.
    Alignment and Religion: Creepers lean strongly towards selfishness, and as such are rarely good and rarely lawful. The majority are neutral, leaning towards either evil or chaos, but rarely both. Creepers tend to piggyback onto he religions of those with whom they cohabit, favoring deities of hunt and stealth.
    Adventures: Creeper adventurers are common, as to be expected from a race that by default resorts to solitude when they can't work with a community of another race. Most creeper adventurers are either loners quite happy being loners or loners looking for a community to settle into. Creepers lean heavily towards the ranger and scout classes, with settled creepers occasionally taking up the mantle of the fighter or rogue. Creeper barbarians, while far from common, are the most common after rangers and scouts.
    Creeper Names: Sithis, Ashin, Tarchoin, Milthei, Sortoth

Creeper 3.5 Racial Traits
    Medium Monstrous Humanoid [Plant] [Hunter]
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -4 Charisma. Creepers are quick and hardy but spooky and off-putting.
    Speed: 30 ft, 20 ft climb
    Spiked Body (ex): The spikes on a creeper's body help to protect them from would-be attackers, serving as armor spikes sized appropriately for their size.
    Oversized Limbs (ex): A creeper's oversized hands and feet afford it many benefits. First, its unarmed attacks are treated as if performed by a creature one size catagory larger than themselves. Second, they may wield weapons made for creatures one size catagory larger than themselves without penalty; this does not afford them reach beyond what the would normally receive for the weapon, however. Third, their strong hands and broad feet give them a +2 bonus to resisting bull-rush and disarm checks.
    Fungal Fear: A creeper gains a +1 dodge bonus against creatures of the [Fungal] subtype due to an instinctual fear of fungal rot.
    Creepers gain a +2 bonus to all Hide, Move Silently, and Survival checks.
    Languages: Creepers begin play speaking either Sylvan or Common. Creepers with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Fungal, Sylvan, Common, Terran, Aquan, Auran.
    Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclass creeper's ranger class does not count when determining whether he takes and experience point penalty.

Creeper Pathfinder Racial Traits
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma. Creepers are quick and hardy but spooky and off-putting.
    Speed: 30 ft, 20 ft climb
    Spiked Body (ex): The spikes on a creeper's body help to protect them from would-be attackers, serving as armor spikes sized appropriately for their size.
    Oversized Limbs (ex): A creeper's oversized hands and feet afford it many benefits. First, its unarmed attacks are treated as if performed by a creature one size catagory larger than themselves. Second, they may wield weapons made for creatures one size catagory larger than themselves without penalty; this does not afford them reach beyond what the would normally receive for the weapon, however. Third, their strong hands and broad feet give them a +3 bonus to their CMD for the purpose of resisting bull-rush and disarm checks.
    Fungal Fear: A creeper gains a +2 dodge bonus against creatures of the [Fungal] subtype due to an instinctual fear of fungal rot.
    Creepers gain a +4 bonus to all Stealth and Survival checks.
    Languages: Creepers begin play speaking either Sylvan or Common. Creepers with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Fungal, Sylvan, Common, Terran, Aquan, Auran.

Mirsh:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mirsh

The Mirsh are small, stocky swamp dwellers that are generally ostraciced by most civilized folk. They have a reputation of being dirty little scavengers and they are also feared for a Mirsh is a formidable opponent in combat.
    Physical Description
    Mirsh's are short and stocky, coming to around 4 feet in height. They have a dark brown body, normally covered in mud, giving them camouflage. Mirsh bodies are basically stumps with a face. Their arms are short but powerful as well as their legs. Mirsh's reprodude by way of seed supplies stored in their back with the male's seeds fertilizing the females seed. The fertilized seed is left in a marsh to float around until it grows to be able to swim. Eventually it grows into a full-grown Mirsh.
    Society
    Mirsh have no real society. Their barbaric loner tendencies and their general negative attitudes mean that the Mirsh usually prowl the swamps alone. Mirsh rarely even merge into other societies due to being generally not accepted into normal cultures. Their tendencies make them a reviled lot.
    Relations
    Mirsh have a negative view of everyone else and everyone else has a negative view of them. Mirsh are usually not expelled from cities if they find their way in there, but no one still likes them. This is assuming the Mirsh doesn't stay cooped up in the swamp and attack everyone else on sight.
    Alingment and Religion
    Mirsh tend to be an evil lot and they don't care much for societys rules. chaos is slightly more likely that lawfulness in Mirsh, but good Mirsh are quite rare. When Mirsh do worship gods, they tend to worship gods of rain.
    Adventures
    Mirsh may turn to adventure for a myriad of reasons. Sometimes they wish to be accepted, sometimes they just want a change from life in the swamp. Mirsh adventurers tend to brutal, favoring the barbarian and ranger classes. Mirsh adventurers are usually more accepted than their normal counterparts figure that at least these are causing some betterment to society, instead of plaguing gatherers everywhere.
    Names
    Male: Shok, Krig, Ghank, Kros
    Female: Grese, Trako, Roke, Grake

Medium Humanoid [Plant] [Hunter]
    +2 Str, +2 Con, -4 Cha Mirsh tend to misanthropic and unlikeable but they are also tough, stout and strong
    Speed: 20 ft, 30ft Swim

Water Breathing
    Mirsh may breathe underwater as well as on land

Low Light Vision
    Mirsh see twice as far as normal in poor lighting conditions

Stability
    The Mirsh short and stocky form affords the exceptional stability. A Mirsh gains a +4 on ability checks to resist bullrishing and tripping when standing firmly on the ground

Mirsh have a slam attack dealing 1d4 bludgeoning damage.

Mirsh have a +4 bonus to Hide and Survival checks.

Languages
    Mirsh start play knowing Mirsh. Mirsh of high intelligience scores may learn the following: Sylvan, Common, Mandragon, Apilan, Terran
    Favored Class: The favored class for a Mirsh is Barbarian.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-03-14 at 06:22 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

Fungoids:

Mycota
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mycota

Mycota are the most common of the sentient fungoids, an imperial clan of expansionist scavengers. They spread their colonies through vast networks of underground tunnels, trading the rich compost tey produce as a waste product to farm communities on the surface. When a mycota colony grows too large, it either goes into a cannibalistic civil war or starts strip-logging the surface to get new compost-ready materials. Despite their various drawbacks, their position of relative safety in the world has led to them being the preeminent culture of scholars.
    Physical Description: Mycota have hairless, white-skinned humanoid body. Their faces consist of a pair of pitch black eyes and a mouth, minus features like noses and ears. There are two different genders of mycota, but they can also reproduce asexually by detaching part of themselves and leaving it in a nutrient-rich place. Asexual reproduction creates a genetic duplicate of the original, while sexual reproduction creates genetic variance as normal. Their bodies are made up of effectively identical cells; the lack of distinct bones or muscles means that no matter the degree of damage, a wound to any part of the body heals exactly as easily and quickly as any other part. Mycota tend to wear long, loose, draping, dark clothes.
    Society: Mycota have the most sheltered and protected of societies, getting exposure to the outside world only if they get exiled or join a merchant caravan to the surface. This protection, however, facilitates and incredibly stable society, allowing for an enlightened and scholarly society to come to be. Mycota have a heavily socialist society, distributing what's necessary to everyone. Those best suited for it work in the acquisition of organic materials for sustenance, while the entire rest of the culture form a massive collective of arcane and mundane scholars.
    Relations: Mycota tend to be seen as one of two things by the world above: either parasites to be shunned for their ghoul-like consumption of dead matter or valuable trade partners who will trade valuable compose for waste matter (in the end, one's trash is the other's food). As such, the mycota form trade alliances with those willing to deal and ignore and avoid those who are not. Mycota also trade their arcane knowledge to earth elementals in exchange for protection of their trade caravans.
    Alignment and Religion: Mycota tend strongly towards the lawful alignment with a slight lean towards evil. Mycota live in a highly structured society with a somewhat selfish bent. Mycota tend to vilify the deity of the sun, instead lauding deities of magic, earth, and darkness.
    Adventures: Mycota adventurers are usually merchants, trying to make a name for themselves by securing new, profitable goods and deals with the surface world. Mycota adventurers tend towards enlightened classes, specifically arcane casters. Wizards are remarkably common among the mycota.
    Male Mycota Names: Hask, Brant, Vilt, Wrandt
    Female Mycota Names: Huli, Brasta, Virnille, Wurandan

Mycota 3.5 Racial Traits
    Humanoid [Plant] [Fungoid]
    +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength. Mycota are intelligent, but weak.
    Lesser Regeneration (ex): With a week of rest, a mycota can regrow small appendages like fingers and eyes. With a month of rest, a mycota can regrow larger appendages like hand, arms, and legs.
    Darkvision (ex): Mycota have darkvision out to 120 ft.
    Superior Low-Light Vision (ex): Mycota can see three times as far normal in low-light conditions.
    Light Sensitivity (ex): Mycota are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
    Mercantile Nature (ex): Mycota can sell their goods at 50% more than they would normally be able to do, meaning that they can sell goods for 75% their value by default.
    Languages: Mycotaa begin play speaking Fungal. Mycota with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Common, Mandragon, Ingan, Sylvan, Terran, Aquan, Auran.
    Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass mycota's wizard class does not count when determining whether he takes and experience point penalty.

Mycota Pathfinder Racial Traits
    Humanoid [Plant] [Fungoid]
    +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength. Mycota are intelligent, but weak.
    Lesser Regeneration (ex): With a week of rest, a mycota can regrow small appendages like fingers and eyes. With a month of rest, a mycota can regrow larger appendages like hand, arms, and legs. A mycota heals an amount of hit points equal to their character level plus their constitution modifer per minute of complete rest.
    Darkvision (ex): Mycota have darkvision out to 120 ft.
    Superior Low-Light Vision (ex): Mycota can see three times as far normal in low-light conditions.
    Mercantile Nature (ex): Mycota can sell their goods at 50% more than they would normally be able to do, meaning that they can sell goods for 75% their value by default.
    Languages: Mycotaa begin play speaking Fungal. Mycota with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Common, Mandragon, Ingan, Sylvan, Terran, Aquan, Auran.

Goam
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goam:

The Goam are a sedentary race of lichens, a combination of a fungus and a plant. The Goam are likely, when setting up a base in an area, to sit and try to pile up a large enough pile of rocks and hide underneath them when not photosynthesizing. Being one of the oldest races in the entire world of Viridia, due to their hardiness and stubbornness has made them both forward-thinking and humble. If severely hurt, two Goams can fuse together and become one new entity, but the personalities, thoughts, and memory of the individuals are lost. The Goams believe that all has a purpose, and all will eventually be made well.
    Physical description: The Goam are generally "shaggy" with extentions of the algae-fungus coming out in strands all over the body, giving the appearance of a moving pile of leaves. They reproduce asexually, breaking off a part of their body and attaching it to a rock to grow. Their body is roughly humanoid, but the covering exterior makes it hard to determine where food goes in and where sight comes from. The color of the outside layer of their skin changes to become good camouflage with their surroundings, and, if stranded, a lone lichen will often disguise itself and attach to a rock. If all else fails, a Goam is stranded and it is night and it needs energy, it will kill another plant and consume it's remains. This has led to a very poor opinion of the Goam by other plant societies as cannibals.
    Society: The Goam have a very open society that will allow any member of any species to travel with them, as long as they don't make any trouble. Their society revolves around the survival of a "Clan" a group of 40-50 individual Goams who travel in a group for survival and company. They have no centralized government, but wars between Goams never happen anyway, as they would much rather sit on a rock all day and leech sunlight. When forced to take up arms, the enemy will soon learn that for all their laziness and sedentary nature, the Goams are very persistent and very, very hard to kill. The most likely job an industrious Goam is likely to take is that of a Tender or a Cleric. In a Goam society, you take only what you need, no more, no less. Any that is left over is stockpiled so that a new Goam can be made.
    Relations: Among other races, Goams are know as one of two things -- either a tireless, expansionist society that will live in places no decent plant would live -- in arctic areas, in scorching deserts, and will soon enslave other plants, or as horrific cannibals who would sacrifice any number of other races to preserve but one of their numbers. Very few will trade with Goams, although those who do know that Goams often pick up pretty/shiny things, and are perfectly willing to trade them for some basic tools, such as shovels and picks.
    Alignment: Most Goams are Neutral Good. They wish for all plants to merely sit around with them all day and have a nice chat, but they feel no compunctions towards overthrowing order or upholding laws -- why would someone commit a crime if they had all they ever wanted? As a lot of industrious Goams are religious, and the Goams don't have all they want, they treat religion as a major part of their life -- worshipping gods of Water, Sun, Death, and Growth. Their religion is centered around the cycle of death and regrowth that lichens represent.
    Adventures: Most Goam adventurers are either out to avenge the death of their clan (This is quite frequent, as the Goams frequently do not train for war.) or are those reckless and headstrong youths that do not understand why their elders like to sit around all day and drink in sunlight -- or sapthirsty cannibals who wish only to eat the remains of the fallen for the energy it gives.
    Asexual names: Zxas, Eos, Felkar, Dasz, Alos, Kal, Dias, Harakk.

Medium humanoid [Fungal][Plant]
    Base speed: 20ft
    +2 Con, +2 Wis -2 Strength, -2 Dexterity: The Goam are tough, but are not very strong or agile, but their long age gives them great wisdom and experience from their elders.
    Burst of Energy: A Goam can consume the body of a fallen creature of at least Small size as a full round action.
    {table=head]Size|HP|Medium Servings
    Small|1d4+X|1/2
    Medium|1d6+X|1
    Large|1d8+x|4
    Huge|3d6+X|9
    Gargantuan|5d6+X|16
    Colossal|7d6+X|36[/table]
    X = Target creature's HD
    Shifting Skin: Goam's have light fortification and +6 bonus to Hide checks while standing still.
    Languages: Goams start off knowing Common and Lycos. Bonus languages are: Fungal, Terran, Aquan, and Ignan.
    Favored Class: Cleric. A multiclass Goam's Cleric class does not count when determining whether he takes and experience point penalty.

Amanitan
    Spoiler
    Show

Amanitan
    The Amanitan are large amorphous cavern dwelling fungi. Their body is mutable, being made up of a flexible coat of plant matter. Amanitans have great control over their bodies, being able to make up multiple types of shapes and remain fully functional. The Amanitan are mostly loners many simply roaming the dark cavern complexes they inhabit in search of dead plan to assimilate, but some do find their way into civilized society.
    Physical Description
    Amanitans are large creatures, but not particularly heavy and their height is not constant, given their ability to morph their bodies. Amanitans are genderless and reproduce by creating spores that root themselves to the cavern floors and slowly grow with the nutrients from the earth until they can move themselves. Amanitan bodies are made of dark brown, slightly web-like fungal material. They have a core, or heart that has most of their vital functions, but a lot of their functions are spread thinly across the coat of fungal matter. This allows them lots of durability and little weak spots.
    Society
    Amanitans have very little societies of their own, instead preferring to be loners. Those Amanitans that do inhabit societies usually live in the sidelines of other fungi societies. Amanitans have little that binds them together and they don't even tend to their young.
    Relations
    Amanitans are rather indifferent to most creatures and this indifference works both ways. The have no real trouble adapting to society, but most Amanitans don't do so. Amanitans have no special opinions of any races in general.
    Alingment and Religion
    Amanitans are neutral as a standard as most simply look to get through life with a minimum of fuss. Amanitans don't care much for religion, but have been known to adapt religions of the societies they have wound up upon.
    Adventures
    Amanitans are not likely to adventure unless something forces them to. There are however, exceptions to every rule and sometimes there is born an Amanitan with sufficient drive to start adventuring. Amanitans lean toward more passive roles and are usually found as rogues, bards or clerics.
    Names
    When Amanitans bother to even take names they are usually short.
    Aluk, Le, Elde, Liyt, Oloa, Ayaa.

Medium Plant [Plant] [Fungoid]
    -2 Dex, +2 Con -2 int. Amantians are durable, but they lack fine motor control with their ever-shifting form, and the fungal network forming their brain is simplified to survive the constant shifting.

Speed: 30ft

Darkvision 120ft
    Amanitans live their life in dark caverns and their sensory apparatus is thus quite capable even in the dark.

Amorphous
    Amanitans shape their body to their wishes, gaining several benefits. Only one body, weapon, and movement ability may be active at a time. All changes are in addition to normal statistics. Changing one ability for another takes a move action.

Weapon:
    Slammer:
    An Amanitan layers it's substances over it's hands. It gains four natural slam attacks that deal 1d6 damage.
    Ripper:
    An Amanitan narrows it's digits, giving them a sharpened edge. It gains four natural claw attacks that deal 1d4 damage. If it hits with two claws, it deals an extra 1d4+1 1/2 str damage. If it hits with all four, it deals 2d4+2 str damage.
    Devourer
    An Amanitan grows a single overlarge mouth lined with fangs of fungus. It gains a bite attacks that deals 1d8 damage.

Body
    Hardened:
    An Amanitan laters it's material over it's body to protect itself. It gains Dr 2/- and +4 natural armor
    Stretched:
    An Amanitan stretches itself taller, gaining an additional 5 feet of reach and +10 ft to their base land speed. It also gains a +4 bonus to jump checks.
    Squished:
    An Amanitan flattens it's body. If can only move at half speed and cannot attack while this ability is active. However, it gains a +5 dodge bonus to AC, a +10 bonus to hide and move silently checks, and can squeeze through spaces as though it were a tiny creature.

Movement:
    Cling
    An amanitan puts down dozens of micro-roots with every motion, giving it a climb speed of 20 feet. it also gains a +4 to resist bull rush and overrun attempts. It can climb at full speed even if it has the squished body ability active.
    Bore
    An amanitan forces itself through earth and soft stone, gaining a burrow speed of 20 feet. It gains a +10 feet bonus to this speed if it has the ripper weapon ability active.
    Soar
    An Amanitan forms rudimentary flaps to guide it's descent. It gains the glide ability, and can move 10 feet horizonally for every ten feet of descent. It it has the stretched body ability active, it can move 30 feet horizontally for every 10 feet of descent.
    Paddle
    An Amanitan gains a swim speed of 20. It does NOT gain an special ability to hold it's breath or breathe water.

Overform Grappler
    An Amanitan has no constant hands to be restrained and can make new appendages pretty much at will.
    An Amanitan gains a +4 on all grapple checks
    Amorphous Arms
    An Amanitan can form up to four hands capable of wielding weapons, and may make use of multiattack.
    Fast Healing 2
    The Amanitans fungal body seals wounds quickly and can mostly just morph itself so the wounded parts are left in the center to recover. This allows Amanitans to heal themselves at a rapid pace.
    Special: An Amanitan may not use its racial abilities in armor as it prevents movement of that sort.
    Level Adjustment: +3
    Favored Class: The Favored class for an Amanitan is rogue.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Fires
    Spoiler
    Show

Fires born within the elemental chaos are rather typical (See MM stat block). However, those born on Viridia take on more an more 'real' forms. First-generation Viridian fires generally take the form of possessives, hopping from plant to plant as their most recent body burns itself out. Plants consumed by possessives are called 'emberhearts', and viewed as abominations.

Second-generation Viridian fires are birthed with their own bodies, which appear quite different from the plant races of viridia. Rarely, an embodied fire will find it's way away from the fire empire and attempt to live in harmony with the plants. In the best scenarios, they are treated as untrustworthy outsiders. In the worst, they are killed on sight. Those that stay within the fire empire are regarded as inferior to the more 'pure' fires.

Embodied Fire Elemental
    Elementals, Fires

An elemental with skin like ash, eyes like fire, and breath like smoke.

Embodied fire elementals are a varied bunch. While all tend to be passionate, this manifests in different ways. Some are lovers; others fighters. Some make art; others just love to burn things. Aside from their varied passions, these elementals tend to be varied in appearance. Some have bodies and hair that shine like embers. Others have blackened skin, shock white, hot veins visible through the skin. Some look like normal humans, but with fire for hair and puffs of smoke constantly floating from their mouth and nose. These displays of fire tend to scald when touched for too long, but the heat from these elementals always proves too weak to ignite anything but the most unstable of compounds or cause serious burns.

Embodied Fire Elemental 3.5 Racial Statistics
    Medium Humanoid [Fire]
    +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom. Fire elementals are passionate and driven, but these passions make them rash, lacking common sense and awareness.
    Fiery Display (ex): All embodied fire elementals have some kind of bright display. Whether this is faintly glowing skin, burning hair, shining eyes, white-bright veins, or any other manifestation of their natural fire, it is there. This display grants them a +4 racial bonus on Intimidate checks against creatures without fire resistance. It also causes a -4 racial penalty on Hide checks because of their glow.
    Hot-Blooded (ex): Fire elementals have a fire burning within their bodies and souls. Their skin scalds slightly to the touch. Their unarmed strikes deal an extra 1 point of fire damage, and all creatures who make a successful unarmed strike, natural attack, or touch attack against an embodied fire elemental take 1 point of fire damage. All creatures take one point of fire damage per turn they grapple with an embodied fire elemental. Non-forceful actions like shaking a hand or a light pat on the back only cause the fire damage if contact is maintained for more than one round.
    Heat Acclimation (ex): Fire elementals require no saves to function in hot environments, but all climates temperate and down are treated as one category colder (see Frostburn, Sandstorm). Embodied fire elementals often wear jackets even in the summer and seek out deserts, tropical jungles, and tropical beaches as a matter of comfort. Fire damage is simply less effective against embodied fire elementals, while cold damage is far more effective. All fire damage is first halved, then subject to the Embodied Fire Elemental's natural fire resistance. All cold damage is multiplied by 1.5 before being applied.
    Fire Resistance 2
    +2 Racial Bonus to all Perform checks and Diplomacy. Fire elementals have an easily-felt, enamoring passion to them.
    Automatic Languages: Embodied fire elementals start speaking Common and Ingan. Embodied fire elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, auran, aquan, terran, infernal, elven.
    Favored Class: Sorcerer or Bard. A multiclass embodied fire elemental’s sorcerer or bard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

A typical embodied elemental, burning with an inner light.

Embodied Fire Elemental Pathfinder Racial Statistics
    Medium Humanoid [Fire]
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom. Fire elementals are passionate, quick, and driven, but these passions make them rash and impatient, lacking common sense and awareness.
    Fiery Display (ex): All embodied fire elementals have some kind of bright display. Whether this is faintly glowing skin, burning hair, shining eyes, white-bright veins, or any other manifestation of their natural fire, it is there. This display grants them a +4 racial bonus on Intimidate checks against creatures without fire resistance. It also causes a -4 racial penalty on Hide checks because of their glow.
    Hot-Blooded (ex): Fire elementals have a fire burning within their bodies and souls. Their skin scalds slightly to the touch. Their unarmed strikes deal an extra 1 point of fire damage, and all creatures who make a successful unarmed strike, natural attack, or touch attack against an embodied fire elemental take 1 point of fire damage. All creatures take one point of fire damage per turn they grapple with an embodied fire elemental. Non-forceful actions like shaking a hand or a light pat on the back only cause the fire damage if contact is maintained for more than one round.
    Heat Acclimation (ex): Fire elementals require no saves to function in hot environments, but all climates temperate and down are treated as one category colder. Embodied fire elementals often wear jackets even in the summer and seek out deserts, tropical jungles, and tropical beaches as a matter of comfort. Fire damage is simply less effective against embodied fire elementals, while cold damage is far more effective. All fire damage is first halved, then subject to the Embodied Fire Elemental's natural fire resistance. All cold damage is multiplied by 1.5 before being applied.
    Fire Resistance 5
    +3 Racial Bonus to all Perform checks and Diplomacy. Fire elementals have an easily-felt, enamoring passion to them.
    Automatic Languages: Embodied fire elementals start speaking Common and Ingan. Embodied fire elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, auran, aquan, terran, infernal, elven.

Possessive Ephemeral Fire Elementals
    Blazers, Pyreghosts

An elemental who needs to go shopping for a nice new body soon.

Possessive elementals tend to come in one of two flavors. There are the desperate ones who need a body but lack their own, so they hop into corpses until they burn out. Then there are the ones who hop into a living host, knowing that they'll be slowly killing them as they burn them from within. Possessives are almost universally mistrusted. The ones who live in dead bodies are seen as little better than undead and as only being one small step away from taking a living host. The ones who take living ones are considered to be sociopathic serial killers and will be hunted down by nearly all civilized plants. All possessives are emotionally disturbed, either desperate and clingy or sociopaths who see others as toys at best and clothes at worst.

Possessive Ephemeral Fire Elemental 3.5 Racial Traits
    Small Elemental [Fire]
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -6 Strength, -4 Constitution, -2 Charisma. Blazers are quick of both mind and body. Their ephemeral forms are frail and weaker than their size would imply, though. They have something ever so slightly off about them; whether they're weak of soul or spirit, people feel awkward around them.
    Speed: 30ft fly, perfect maneuverability
    Small: A Small character gets a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks. A Small character’s carrying capacity is three-quarters of that of a Medium character.
    Telepathy (su): A blazer can communicate telepathically with any creature within physical contact that has an Intelligence score. The creature can respond to the blazer if it wishes—no common language is needed.
    Fiery Form (ex): A blazer's body is made out of fire. It deals an extra 1d6 points fire damage on its unarmed strikes and every time they are struck by an unarmed strike, natural attack, or touch spell delivered physically, the attacker takes 1d6 points of fire damage. Any creature grappling, carrying, or touching a blazer takes 1d6 points of damage per round. Because of their fiery, ephemeral bodies, blazers taken one point of constitution damage per round that they are out of contact with fire and not inside of a host body as it quickly fizzles out of existence. A blazer takes double damage from cold and are immune to fire damage.
    Wear Flesh (su): A blazer can bore its way into a helpless living creature’s body, or the body of a creature deceased for less than 10 minutes, infusing its fire into the spaces between organs and muscles and disappearing into the victim. The victim must be the same size as the blazer or larger, and the process requires 1 minute. The blazer can choose to replace or inhabit the victim (see below). Incorporeal creatures and constructs, elementals, oozes, plants, and undead are immune to the Wear Flesh ability. If inhabiting a dead body, the creature is restored to -9 hit points and stable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A blazer can abandon a body it has inhabited or replaced as a full-round action that deals 3d6 points of damage to the host. A blazer can be forced to abandon the body by a remove disease or dispel evil spell (the caster must succeed on a DC 20 caster level check to expel the monster, which deals damage as described above) or a heal or limited wish spell (which automatically succeeds and causes no damage to the host).

Inhabit: The blazer leaves its victim alive and aware. Any time it cares to, it can inflict indescribable agony on its host as a standard action, dealing up to 1d6 points of fire damage per level and requiring the host to succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or be nauseated by the pain for 2d4 rounds. The blazer chooses how much damage it deals with this attack.

The blazer can take no physical actions while inhabiting a host, but it can use purely mental actions (such as communicating with its host by means of its telepathy power and threatening to injure or kill the host unless the host does as the monster wishes).

When the host takes damage (other than damage the blazer inflicts on it), the inhabiting blazer takes half that damage. For example, if the host takes 10 points of force damage from a magic missile spell, the blazer takes 5 points of force damage.

A blazer inhabiting a living body burns it slowly from the core, dealing 1d3 points of Constitution damage per day. A successful DC 15 Fortitude save reduces this damage by half. Creatures with Fire Resistance gain a bonus on this save equal to half their Fire Resistance score. Over the course of days, frail creatures carrying blazers sicken and die, although blazers are clever enough to direct their hosts to acquire curative magic to keep them alive indefinitely, if the situation calls for it.

Replace: The blazer burns out the victim’s nervous system, killing the victim if it is not already dead. It then animates the body, effectively acting as the nervous system of the dead host. The body remains alive, hosting the blazer.

This functions like a polymorph spell into the victim’s exact form, and it leaves the victim’s corpse behind when it chooses to end the effect. The blazer uses the victim’s physical ability scores in place of its own, as described by polymorph. The blazer can remain in this form indefinitely, but once it abandons the form, it cannot reanimate the body.

Blazers that have replaced a living creature slowly devour their new shell from the inside out. A replaced body takes 1d4 points of Constitution drain per month, which does not heal naturally and can be restored only by magical means. A successful DC 15 Fortitude save reduces this damage by half, and bodies with Fire Resistance gain a bonus on the save equal to half their Fire Resistance score. Naturally, blazer imposters choose to abandon bodies they have replaced before they become too weak to be serviceable.

Blazers are consummate liars and gain a +2 bonus on Bluff checks.
    Automatic Languages: Blazers start speaking Common and Ingan. Blazers with a high intelligence score may pick any language as a bonus language.
    Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass blazer’s rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
    Level Adjustment +1.

Possessive Ephemeral Fire Elemental Pathfinder Racial Traits
    Small Elemental [Fire]
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -6 Strength, -4 Constitution, -2 Charisma. Blazers are quick of both mind and body. Their ephemeral forms are frail and weaker than their size would imply, though. They have something ever so slightly off about them; whether they're weak of soul or spirit, people feel awkward around them.
    Speed: 30ft fly, perfect maneuverability
    Small: A Small character gets a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks. A Small character’s carrying capacity is three-quarters of that of a Medium character.
    Telepathy (su): A blazer can communicate telepathically with any creature within physical contact that has an Intelligence score. The creature can respond to the blazer if it wishes—no common language is needed.
    Fiery Form (ex): A blazer's body is made out of fire. It deals an extra 1d6 points fire damage on its unarmed strikes and every time they are struck by an unarmed strike, natural attack, or touch spell delivered physically, the attacker takes 1d6 points of fire damage. Any creature grappling, carrying, or touching a blazer takes 1d6 points of damage per round. Because of their fiery, ephemeral bodies, blazers taken one point of constitution damage per round that they are out of contact with fire and not inside of a host body as it quickly fizzles out of existence. A blazer takes double damage from cold and are immune to fire damage. For every three points of damage that a blazer would have otherwise taken, they instead heal one point of damage.
    Wear Flesh (su): A blazer can bore its way into a helpless living creature’s body, or the body of a creature deceased for less than 10 minutes, infusing its fire into the spaces between organs and muscles and disappearing into the victim. The victim must be the same size as the blazer or larger, and the process requires 1 minute. The blazer can choose to replace or inhabit the victim (see below). Incorporeal creatures and constructs, elementals, oozes, plants, and undead are immune to the Wear Flesh ability. If inhabiting a dead body, the creature is restored to -9 hit points and stable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A blazer can abandon a body it has inhabited or replaced as a full-round action that deals 3d6 points of damage to the host. A blazer can be forced to abandon the body by a remove disease or dispel evil spell (the caster must succeed on a DC 20 caster level check to expel the monster, which deals damage as described above) or a heal or limited wish spell (which automatically succeeds and causes no damage to the host).

Inhabit: The blazer leaves its victim alive and aware. Any time it cares to, it can inflict indescribable agony on its host as a standard action, dealing up to 1d6 points of fire damage per level and requiring the host to succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or be nauseated by the pain for 2d4 rounds. The blazer chooses how much damage it deals with this attack.

The blazer can take no physical actions while inhabiting a host, but it can use purely mental actions (such as communicating with its host by means of its telepathy power and threatening to injure or kill the host unless the host does as the monster wishes).

When the host takes damage (other than damage the blazer inflicts on it), the inhabiting blazer takes half that damage. For example, if the host takes 10 points of force damage from a magic missile spell, the blazer takes 5 points of force damage.

A blazer inhabiting a living body burns it slowly from the core, dealing 1d3 points of Constitution damage per day. A successful DC 15 Fortitude save reduces this damage by half. Creatures with Fire Resistance gain a bonus on this save equal to half their Fire Resistance score. Over the course of days, frail creatures carrying blazers sicken and die, although blazers are clever enough to direct their hosts to acquire curative magic to keep them alive indefinitely, if the situation calls for it.

Replace: The blazer burns out the victim’s nervous system, killing the victim if it is not already dead. It then animates the body, effectively acting as the nervous system of the dead host. The body remains alive, hosting the blazer.

This functions like a polymorph spell into the victim’s exact form, and it leaves the victim’s corpse behind when it chooses to end the effect. The blazer uses the victim’s physical ability scores in place of its own, as described by polymorph. The blazer can remain in this form indefinitely, but once it abandons the form, it cannot reanimate the body.

Blazers that have replaced a living creature slowly devour their new shell from the inside out. A replaced body takes 1d4 points of Constitution drain per month, which does not heal naturally and can be restored only by magical means. A successful DC 15 Fortitude save reduces this damage by half, and bodies with Fire Resistance gain a bonus on the save equal to half their Fire Resistance score. Naturally, blazer imposters choose to abandon bodies they have replaced before they become too weak to be serviceable.

Blazers are consummate liars and gain a +4 bonus on Bluff checks.
    Automatic Languages: Blazers start speaking Common and Ingan. Blazers with a high intelligence score may pick any language as a bonus language.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-03-14 at 05:55 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197

Waters

Spoiler
    Show

Water elementals have a problem with the Material Plane that, while less severe than those of fire elementals, also needs to be mentioned. Compared to the Elemental Plane of Water, the Material Plane is dry. It's dry as a bone, dry like a desert - dry. Most water elementals can get by just drinking what would normally be a ridiculous amount to keep from dehydrating. Many also choose to make their homes somewhere under water, on coastal shelves or in lakes.

A secondary effect of their rapid dehydration on the material plane is that even solid water elemental are constantly wet, like a cold beverage sweating on a hot day. Their hair drips, their clothes stick to them, and they leave wet footprints behind. Some water elementals wear skimpy or swimming clothes because they don't feel like dealing with the constant cling.

Water elementals comes in one of two distinct textures - solid and liquid. Solid water elementals are physical creatures who are infused with water essence, to the point that they're usually more comfortable swimming and breathing water than walking and breathing air. Their shapes are no more or less mutable than any other solid creature. The other texture of water elemental is the liquid elementals. Liquid elementals are shape shifting creatures made of some kind of fluid. Some are made of a shiny silver or black liquid, while others are transparent shades of primary colours, or just plain water. Their bodies are all the same liquid, throughout, so the only way to damage one is causing temporary trauma to their outer membrane, causing them to lose liquid before restabilizing.

Solid Water Elemental
    Crunchies, Solids

A solid wearing a wet suit to keep her dress dry.

Water elementals tend to have personalities like water in one of two ways. The first is like a river, constantly moving, constantly pounding forward, moving around insurmountable obstacles and through others. They're chaotic and passionate and always moving and striving and doing. The other have the calm demeanor of a pond, always accommodating, moving with the flow, taking the past of least resistance, and generally being completely chill. Solids tend to have skin and hair tones ranging from white to blue to green, the tones often being radically different from each other. This can lead to some striking combinations, with elementals that have eyes the shining aqua-blue of a still lagoon and skin the blue-gray slate colour of the sea before a storm. All elementals are wet. Water absorbent clothes cling to their bodies, their hair is damp at its dryest, and their eyes shine with moisture, dropping tears at the slightest provocation. Most solids drink almost constantly to keep hydrated, and will often drink thick blended drinks instead of eating meals.

Solid Water Elemental 3.5 Racial Statistics
    Medium Humanoid [Water]
    +2 Dexterity. Flowing smoothly like water comes intuitively to solids.
    Speed: 30ft, Swim 40ft
    Aqualine Form (ex): A solid is constantly perspiring. This provides the solid a +2 racial bonus to Escape Artist, but requires them to consume four times as much water per day as a normal human. Solids take no penalties from being in water or having the target of any skills or abilities being in the water. Solids can breathe water just as easily as air. Solids receive a -2 racial penalty in to resist heat in dry environments, a +2 racial bonus to resist heat in humid or damp environments, and no bonus or penalty in climates with nominal humidity.
    +8 racial bonus to Swim checks.
    Automatic Languages: Solid water elementals start speaking Common and Aquan. Solid water elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, auran, ingan, terran, undercommon, elven.
    Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass solid water elemental takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

Solid Water Elemental Pathfinder Racial Statistics
    Medium Humanoid [Water]
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom. Flowing smoothly like water comes intuitively to solids, both in body and mind.
    Speed: 30ft, Swim 40ft
    Aqualine Form (ex): A solid is constantly perspiring. This provides the solid a +4 racial bonus to Escape Artist, but requires them to consume four times as much water per day as a normal human. Solids take no penalties from being in water or having the target of any skills or abilities being in the water. Solids can breathe water just as easily as air. Solids receive a -2 racial penalty in to resist heat in dry environments, a +2 racial bonus to resist heat in humid or damp environments, and no bonus or penalty in climates with nominal humidity.
    +8 racial bonus to Swim checks.
    +1 skill point per level. The fluid minds of solids can quickly grasp new concepts and information.
    Automatic Languages: Solid water elementals start speaking Common and Aquan. Embodied fire elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, auran, ingan, terran, undercommon, elven.

A solid monk.

Liquid Water Elementals
    Smooths, Wets, Drippers, Liquids

A liquid sorcerer casting a spell.

Liquids are far less common on the material plane than their solid brethren, simply because it's less hospitable, less comfortable, and they fit in less. Most are happy to remain in the elemental choas. Those who do leave are almost always one of three types. The first is an adventurer, someone who wants to see the bizarre and exotic wonders of viridia. The second is the merchant, looking to find a way to get rich and then retire back to their native plane. Finally, there are people exile for one reason or another, be it running afoul of someone powerful or committing an egregious crime. All liquids are shapechangers, but their true composition is always obvious. A liquid always looks to be made of a fluid, be it quicksilver, oil, water, blood, kool-aid, or any other liquid.

Liquid Water Elemental 3.5 Racial Traits
    Medium Elemental [Water] [Shapechanger]
    +2 Constitution, -4 Strength, -2 Dexterity. Liquids are durable and move with the endurance of water itself, but their liquid forms are somewhat weak.
    Speed: 5ft, Swim 60ft
    River Flow (ex): +4 racial bonus to Bull Rush, Trip, and Overrun, including rolls made to resist that.
    Liquid Body (ex): Liquids are treated as if under the effects of a permanent Freedom of Movement spell. Liquids gain two forms of their choice. Shifting between forms can be done at will and is a swift action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The effects of a form are applied to a liquid as if the form were a template. Liquids may flow through any sized opening as if under the effects of the Gaseous Form spell. Liquids need to consume eight times as much water per day as humans.
    Automatic Languages: Liquid water elementals start speaking Common and Aquan. Liquid water elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, auran, ingan, terran, undercommon, elven.
    Favored Class: Druid or Fighter. A multiclass liquid water elemental’s druid or fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
    Level Adjustment: +2

Liquid Water Elemental Pathfinder Racial Traits
    Medium Elemental [Water] [Shapechanger]
    +2 Constitution, -4 Strength, -2 Dexterity. Liquids are durable and move with the endurance of water itself, but their liquid forms are somewhat weak.
    Speed: 5ft, Swim 60ft
    River Flow (ex): +4 racial bonus to Bull Rush, Trip, and Overrun, including rolls, AC, and CMD made to resist that.
    Liquid Body (ex): Liquids are treated as if under the effects of a permanent Freedom of Movement spell. Liquids gain two forms of their choice. Shifting between forms can be done at will and is a swift action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The effects of a form are applied to a liquid as if the form were a template. Liquids may flow through any sized opening as if under the effects of the Gaseous Form spell. Liquids need to consume eight times as much water per day as humans.
    Automatic Languages: Liquid water elementals start speaking Common and Aquan. Liquid water elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, auran, ingan, terran, undercommon, elven.

Liquid Water Elemental Forms
    Spoiler
    Show
    Humanoid
    +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution. The humanoid form is dexterous, but somewhat frail.
    Speed: Increase base land speed to 30 ft.
    Two Arms: The humanoid form has two arms with hands. These arms can be used as normal and have no special bonuses or penalties.
    Two Legs: The humanoid form has two legs with feet or hooves. The legs can be used as normal and have no special bonuses or penalties.

Quadruped
    +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity. The quadruped form is clumsy, but somewhat strong.
    Speed: Increase base land speed to 40 ft.
    No Arms: The quadruped form has no arms or hands. It cannot perform any action that requires hands and takes a penalty to all other actions as if its hands were full.
    Four Legs: The quadruped form has four legs with feet or hooves. The legs can be used as normal and grant an additional +4 racial bonus for the purpose of resisting Bull Rush, Overrun, and Trip attempts. Quadrupeds have a carrying capacity 1.5 times higher than normal.

Aerial
    +4 Dexterity, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution. The aerial form is quick, but weak and frail.
    Speed: Gain a fly speed of 50 ft with poor maneuverability.
    No Arms: The aerial form has no arms or hands. It cannot perform any action that requires hands and takes a penalty to all other actions as if its hands were full.
    Two Legs: The aerial form has two legs with feet or hooves. The legs can be used as normal and have no special bonuses or penalties.Two Wings: The aerial form has two wings. The wings confer no special bonuses or penalties beyond the flight speed as above.
    Dextrous Feet: By forfeiting their base land speed and any other use of their legs, the aerial form may use its legs and feet as arms and hands.

Serpentine
    +2 Dexterity, +4 Strength. The serpentine form is strong and bendy.
    Speed: Increase base land speed to 20ft. Gain climb speed of 20ft and a +8 racial bonus on climb checks.
    No Arms: The serpentine form has no arms or hands. It cannot perform any action that requires hands and takes a penalty to all other actions as if its hands were full.
    No Legs: The serpentine form has no legs or feet. It cannot perform any action that requires legs.
    Long Body: The serpentine form has a long body, granting it a +4 racial bonus on all Grapple checks.

Arthropod
    +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength. The arthropod form is agile but weak.
    Speed: Increase base land speed to 20ft. Gain climb speed of 20ft and a +8 racial bonus on climb checks.
    No Arms: The arthropod form has no arms or hands. It cannot perform any action that requires hands and takes a penalty to all other actions as if its hands were full.
    Many Legs: The arthropod form has six or more legs with feet or hooves. The legs can be used as normal and grant an additional +8 racial bonus for the purpose of resisting Bull Rush, Overrun, and Trip attempts. Arthropods have a carrying capacity 2 times higher than normal.

Blob
    +2 Strength, +4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity. The blob is strong and durable but slow.
    Speed: Increase base land speed to 15ft.
    No Arms: The blob form has no arms or hands. It cannot perform any action that requires hands and takes a penalty to all other actions as if its hands were full.
    No Legs: The blob form has no legs or feet. It cannot perform any action that requires legs.
    Concentrated Mass: The blob has tight form, giving it an additional +4 racial bonus to Bull Rush, Trip, and Overrun. The blob gains a +4 racial bonus on checks made to break or burst objects.

Liquid Water Elemental Feats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shifted Bite Attack [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability.
    Benefit: When changing forms, the liquid can choose to have the form possess a bite attack. The bite is a primary natural attack that deals 1d6 piercing and slashing damage plus 1.5 times the liquid's strength modifier. A liquid can add or remove any of their natural attacks from their current form as a swift action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.
    Normal: A liquid has no natural attacks in any of their forms.

Shifted Claw Attack [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, a form with legs and/or arms.
    Benefit: When changing forms, the liquid can choose to have the form possess two claw attacks positioned on either the hands or the feet. The claws are primary natural attacks if formed on hands or secondary natural attacks if formed on feet that deals 1d4 slashing damage plus the liquid's strength modifier. A liquid can add or remove any of their natural attacks from their current form as a swift action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.
    Special: A liquid may take this feat up to three times. Each time this feat is taken, it allows the liquid to form two additional claws. A liquid can have no more than one natural weapon on a limb at one time.

Shifted Blade Attack [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, a form with arms.
    Benefit: Two of the liquid's claw attacks are replaced by blades that have a base damage of 1d6 and a critical hit range of 18-20 x2. The attacks are otherwise unmodified.
    Special: A liquid may take this feat a number of times equal to the number of times that they took the Shifted Claw Attack feat. Each time this feat is taken, it replaces two additional claws with blades. A liquid can have no more than one natural weapon on a limb at one time.

Shifted Tail Attack [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability.
    Benefit: When changing forms, the liquid can choose to have the form possess a tail attack. The bite is a primary natural attack that deals 1d6 piercing, bludgeoning, or slashing damage plus 1.5 times the liquid's strength modifier. A liquid can add or remove any of their natural attacks from their current form as a swift action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.

Shifted Blunt Attack [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, a form with legs and/or arms.
    Benefit: When changing forms, the liquid can choose to have the form possess two slam attacks positioned on either the hands or the feet if the form has no hands. The slams are primary natural attacks that deal deal 1d6 slashing damage plus the liquid's strength modifier. A liquid can add or remove any of their natural attacks from their current form as a swift action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.
    Special: A liquid can have no more than one natural weapon on a limb at one time.

Shifted Reach Attacks [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, BAB 3+.
    Benefit: A liquid may add its base reach to its current reach with any natural or manufactured weapon. So, a medium liquid could bite people ten feet away or hit someone with a spiked chain fifteen feet away.
    Normal: A liquid has normal reach for a creature its size.

Shifted Potency [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, Character Level 5+.
    Benefit: At the time of taking this feat, the liquid chooses one of its forms to gain the benefit of this feat. From this point on, when taking this form, one of its physical ability scores gains a +2 liquid bonus. Which score gains the bonus may be changed each time the liquid changes form. The score which gains the bonus may be changed as a swift action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.
    Special: This feat may be taken more than once. Each time it applies to a different form.

Improved Shifted Potency [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, Shifted Potency feat, Character Level 10+.
    Benefit: This feat applies only to the form which was selected with the Shifted Potency feat. From this point on, when taking this form, one of its physical ability scores gains a +4 liquid bonus and a different one gains a +2 liquid bonus. Which scores gain these bonuses may be changed each time the liquid changes form. The scores which gain the bonuses may be changed as a swift action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.
    Special: This feat may be taken more than once. Each time it applies to a different form.

Greater Shifted Potency [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, Improved Shifted Potency feat, Character Level 15+.
    Benefit: This feat applies only to the form which was selected with the Improved Shifted Potency feat. From this point on, when taking this form, one of its physical ability scores gains a +6 liquid bonus, a second gains a +4 liquid bonus, and a third one gains a +2 liquid bonus. Which scores gain these bonuses may be changed each time the liquid changes form. The scores which gain the bonuses may be changed as a swift action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.

Grand Shifted Potency [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, Greater Shifted Potency feat, Character Level 20+.
    Benefit: This feat applies only to the form which was selected with the Greater Shifted Potency feat. From this point on, when taking this form, one of its physical ability scores gains a +8 liquid bonus, a second gains a +6 liquid bonus, and a third one gains a +4 liquid bonus. Which scores gain these bonuses may be changed each time the liquid changes form. The scores which gain the bonuses may be changed as a swift action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.

Shifted Size [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, Shifted Potency feat, Character Level 8+.
    Benefit: This feat applies only to the form which was selected with the Shifted Potency feat. From this point on, when taking this form, the form's body may be one size category larger or smaller than normal. The form's size may be changed as a swift action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. You gain a +2 size bonus to Strength and a -2 size penalty to Dexterity for each size category you grow and a +2 size bonus to Dexterity and a -2 size penalty to Strength for each size category you shrink.

Improved Shifted Size [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, Shifted Size feat, Character Level 16+.
    Benefit: This feat applies only to the form which was selected with the Shifted Size feat. From this point on, when taking this form, the form's body may be one or two size categories larger or smaller than normal. The form's size may be changed as a swift action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. You gain a +2 size bonus to Strength and a -2 size penalty to Dexterity for each size category you grow and a +2 size bonus to Dexterity and a -2 size penalty to Strength for each size category you shrink.

Shifted Durability [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, BAB 1+.
    Benefit: At the time of taking this feat, the liquid chooses one of its forms to gain the benefit of this feat. From this point on, when taking this form, the liquid gains a natural armor bonus of +1, plus an additional +1 for every level divisible by 5. So, +1 at first level, +2 at fifth, and +3 at tenth, for a maximum bonus of +5 at 20th level.

Shifted Legs [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, form with legs, Character Level 3+.
    Benefit: At the time of taking this feat, the liquid chooses one of its forms with legs to gain the benefit of this feat. From this point on, when taking this form, the liquid's base land speed is doubled and it gains a +10 liquid bonuses on all jumps.

Extra Shifted Forms [Liquid]
    Prerequisites: Liquid Body racial ability, Character Level 5+.
    Benefit: At the time of taking this feat, the liquid chooses one form that it cannot yet assume. From this point on, the liquid may assume that form with its Liquid Body Ability.
    Normal: A liquid has two forms available for shifting.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-03-14 at 05:54 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Airs
    Spoiler
    Show

Airs generally spend the vast majority of their time aloft, high in the sky of viridia, to the point that only scholars and explorers tend to be really sure they even exist. Air communities blossom inside perpetuated cloud banks wrapped around mountain peaks. It is there the essence of viridia affects their eggs, making their offspring more and more solid by the generation. the first generation are hard to distinguish from their air parents, but the second are almost pitifully slow and heavy compared to their parents.

One common factor among all air elementals is that they weigh almost nothing at all. Even the heaviest of tangible air elementals feels hollow or featherweight, while the typical gaseous air elemental literally weighs no more than the air that it's comprised of. Furthermore, wind always has an exaggerated effect on air elementals. A tangible air elemental's hair might whip around their face wildly in even the slightest of breezes, it drifting lazily in the air on even still days. A gaseous elemental might be pushed back twice as far from a powerful gust of wind as its compatriots.

Because of their light form, most elementals wear the lightest clothes possible, finding heavy things far more oppressive than a normal creature would. Indeed, a tangible elemental forced to wear boots might drag their feet, barely able to lift them off the ground and quite unable to engage in any acrobatics. When unburdened, air elementals can whip through the air and across the ground with such speed and agility that few could possibly keep up.

Tangible Air Elementals
    Heavies, Walkers, Touchers

A typical walker.
    Walkers are the densest and heaviest that air elementals tend to come. These are the second or third-generation of airs born on viridia. Walkers are extremely light - the average eight year old could probably pick one up with one arm and a little trial and error. They are not, however, weightless, and cannot fly. Walkers tend to have skin ranging in colour from snowy white to the dark gray of a sky before a storm - usually somewhere near the middle. Their hair tends to be cloud-coloured, from puffy white to the angry black of a thunder storm. Their eyes are almost always blue - a bright, almost electrical blue that shines in the light with iridescent colours. Walkers tend to wear the minimum amount of clothes necessary for safety - be that safety from the environment or from the people that might offend if they were less clothed. They find clothes and armor heavy and oppressive and will endeavor to wear as little as possible. Walkers sometimes develop grooves in their skin shaped like whorling air currents.

Tangible Air Elemental 3.5 Racial Statistics
    Medium Humanoid [Air]
    +6 Dexterity, -4 Strength, -2 Wisdom. Walkers are impossibly quick, but they have slim, light frames almost impossible to exert force with. Walkers tend to be rash and inattentive, easily distracted and constantly moving.
    Speed: 40ft.
    Featherweight Body (su): Walkers have a quick, light body, and this has a number of effects. First, they take a -8 on all checks to avoid Bull Rushes and Overrun attempts. Second, their carrying capacity is half that what a person their strength normally would be. Third, all armor check penalties are doubled, after all other modifiers to ACP are applied. Their light body also gives them a number of benefits. First, they are treated as being constantly under the effects of the Jump spell with a caster level equal to their character level. Second, they gain a Dodge bonus to AC equal to their Intelligence Modifier. This bonus is lost if the walker wears medium or heavier armor or carries a medium or heavier load. A walker gains a +4 bonus to resist being tripped when Dexterity is used to resist.
    Cloud Stride: A walker's form is light enough and their affinnity with air is just enough so that a walker can walk or climb on any mass of fog, smoke, or cloud as though it was solid.
    +4 racial bonus to Jump, Spot, and Tumble checks.
    +2 racial bonus to Balance, Climb, and Move Silently checks.
    Automatic Languages: Tangible air elementals start speaking Common and Auran. Tangible air elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, aquan, ingan, terran, elven, halfling.
    Favored Class: Scout or Monk. A multiclass tangible air elemental’s scout or monk class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

Tangible Air Elemental Pathfinder Racial Statistics
    Medium Humanoid [Air]
    +6 Dexterity, -4 Strength. Walkers are impossibly quick, but they have slim, light frames almost impossible to exert force with.
    Speed: 50ft.
    Featherweight Body (su): Walkers have a quick, light body, and this has a number of effects. First, they take a -8 on all checks, AC, and CMD to avoid Bull Rushes and Overrun attempts. Second, their carrying capacity is half that what a person their strength normally would be. Third, all armor check penalties are doubled, after all other modifiers to ACP are applied. Their light body also gives them a number of benefits. First, they are treated as being constantly under the effects of the Jump spell with a caster level equal to their character level. Second, they gain a Dodge bonus to AC equal to their Intelligence Modifier. This bonus is lost if the walker wears medium or heavier armor or carries a medium or heavier load. A walker gains a +4 bonus to CMD resist being tripped.
    Cloud Stride: A walker's form is light enough and their affinnity with air is just enough so that a walker can walk or climb on any mass of fog, smoke, or cloud as though it was solid.
    +4 racial bonus to Acrobatics, Climb, Perception, and Stealth checks.
    Automatic Languages: Tangible air elementals start speaking Common and Auran. Tangible air elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, aquan, ingan, terran, elven, halfling.

A walker racer who already knows that she's going to win the race.

Gaseous Air Elementals
    Drifters, Fogs, Clouds, Airheads

A drifter taking a nice, evening glide around town.

Gaseous air elementals are transparent. They look, at their most substantial, like vaguely-shaped humanoids made of thick fog. Most tend to look like they're made of thin, coiling smoke, though. Drifters love the sky. Many will just sleep drifting among the clouds. Drifters weigh no more or less than simple air, and are only slightly more tangible than it. Drifters have a hard time affecting solid matter, rather than just flowing around it when they try to touch it, so those wealthy enough will often hire and aid to go about carrying their items and money.

Gaseous Air Elemental 3.5 Racial Traits
    Medium Elemental [Air]
    +6 Dexterity, Strength 1, -4 Constitution. Drifters are quick, but their bodies are insubstantial and can exert very little force on their surroundings.
    Speed: Fly 60 ft, perfect maneuverability.
    Insubstantial Form (ex): A drifter is little more than gas and vapor. Drifters are treated as if under the effects of a permanent Freedom of Movement spell. Drifters may flow through any sized opening as if under the effects of the Gaseous Form spell. A drifter is subject to the effects of wind and cannot enter water as if it were under the effects of the Gaseous Form spell. Drifters gain Damage Reduction 5/bludgeoning as their body's air currents need to be disrupted significantly for them to be damaged. This damage reduction stacks with damage reduction gained from any other source.
    +4 racial bonus on Spot checks.
    Automatic Languages: Gaseous air elementals start speaking Common and Auran. Gaseous air elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, aquan, ingan, terran, elven, halfling.
    Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass gaseous air elemental’s rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

Gaseous Air Elemental Pathfinder Racial Traits
    Medium Elemental [Air]
    +6 Dexterity, Strength 1, -2 Constitution. Drifters are quick, but their bodies are insubstantial and can exert very little force on their surroundings.
    Speed: Fly 60 ft, perfect maneuverability.
    Insubstantial Form (ex): A drifter is little more than gas and vapor. Drifters are treated as if under the effects of a permanent Freedom of Movement spell. Drifters may flow through any sized opening as if under the effects of the Gaseous Form spell. A drifter is subject to the effects of wind and cannot enter water as if it were under the effects of the Gaseous Form spell. Drifters gain Damage Reduction 5/bludgeoning as their body's air currents need to be disrupted significantly for them to be damaged. This damage reduction stacks with damage reduction gained from any other source.
    +4 racial bonus on Fly and Perception checks.
    Automatic Languages: Gaseous air elementals start speaking Common and Auran. Gaseous air elementals with a high intelligence score may pick from the following bonus languages: draconic, aquan, ingan, terran, elven, halfling.

Gaseous Air Elemental Feats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forceful Winds [Drifter]
    Prerequisites: Insubstantial Form racial ability, Character Level 5+
    Benefits: The drifter's base strength doubles, going from 1 to 2 or from 2 to 4, for example.
    Special: This feat may only be taken once.

Gale-Force Winds [Drifter]
    Prerequisites: Insubstantial Form racial ability, Character Level 10+, Forceful Winds feat
    Benefits: The drifter's base strength doubles, going from 2 to 4 or from 4 to 8, for example.

Hurricane-Force Winds [Drifter]
    Prerequisites: Insubstantial Form racial ability, Character Level 15+, Gale-Force Winds feat
    Benefits: The drifter's base strength doubles, going from 4 to 8 or from 8 to 16, for example.

Tornado-Force Winds [Drifter]
    Prerequisites: Insubstantial Form racial ability, Character Level 20+, Hurricane-Force Winds feat
    Benefits: The drifter's base strength doubles, going from 8 to 16 or from 16 to 32, for example.

Untouchable Winds [Drifter]
    Prerequisites: Insubstantial Form racial ability, Character Level 10+
    Benefits: The DR 5/bludgeoning granted by the Insubstantial Form racial ability is changed to DR 5/-. This DR stacks with DR gained from any other source.

Unbreakable Winds [Drifter]
    Prerequisites: Insubstantial Form racial ability, Character Level 20+
    Benefits: The DR 5/- granted by the Insubstantial Form racial ability is changed to DR 10/-. This DR stacks with DR gained from any other source.

My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199

Earths

Chiseled:
    Spoiler
    Show

Chiseled
    Spoiler
    Show

The chiseled are earth elementals that have undergone a ritual to better relate to their plant neighbors, both above and below ground. They are consummate diplomats.
    Physical Description
    The Chiseled are about six feet tall, with bright, gemsone-like eyes that can range anywhere from green, blue, red, purple, orange, and amber. Their stone bodies are usually dark grey or brown, and they always keep their heads sanded and polished. They all have a creeping moss on their bodies that they take care of as a sign of their position. The size of this patch of moss often indicates how long ago a chiseled was created. New chisled will have a small, head-sized patch on their bellies, while older ones will have moss that covers most of their torsos and creeps down their legs.
    Society
    The Chiseled are selected out of the ranks of normal elementals, where they undergo a ritual that involves their brethren literally sculpting their bodies into a more appealing shape and implants the moss patch on their bodies. From there they undergo a rigorous training in diplomacy, plant cultures and interaction.
    Relations
    Chiseled have extensive training in dealing with plants of all sorts, even trees. They can come off as stiff due to their rigidity of observing social etiquette. Bushes and grazers appreciate their politeness, but hunters generally find them inflexible and difficult to deal with. Trees still think them inferior, though they are quite pleased that the chiseled know how to show proper respect.
    Alignment and Religion
    Almost all chiseled worship Rono first and foremost. They pay respects to the rest of the elemental pantheon, and they are well-versed in the religious habits of both plants and fungi, though they themselves don't generally subscribe to the belief systems.
    Adventurers
    Chisled adventurers are allowed and often encouraged by the earth society, though they are often closely watched for signs of abandoning their task. Most chiseled who do take class levels take them in druid, taking advantage of their elemental affinity to earth and strengthening their bond to the plants.

Chiseled 3.5 Racial Statistics
    Medium Elemental (Earth)
    -2 strength +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma. Chisled are weakened by the ritual that makes them, even as it makes them more appealing. As earth elementals, however, they retain their slow natures and sturdy bodies.
    Speed: 20 ft
    Natural Armor: Chiseled have a +2 natural armor bonus.
    Stability: A Chiseled gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
    Skills: Chiseled have a +2 racial bonus to Diplomacy, Knowledge (heraldry, religion, geography and history), and Sense Motive checks.
    Chiseled have a -4 racial penalty to move silently checks.
    Darkvision: 60 ft
    Automatic Languages: Common and Terran. Bonus Languages: Mandragon, Apilan, Fungal, Lycos, Sylvan, Tree
    Favored Class: Druid
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-03-23 at 12:42 AM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Er, I think your links on the first page are screwed up. All of the Elemental links link to the Fire Elementals.

21. - Top - End - #201

I thought just changing the last set of numbers would be enough to do it, but I seem to have been wrong. It SHOULD be fixed now.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yea its fixed.

I have a question, would Azers and Mephits fit in this world? Could Azers and Mephlings work as player characters in Viridia"? (Keep in mind Mephlings in even a normal world can just be mutated Mephits and are not necessarily half human.)
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-03-17 at 03:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Mephits would probably be denizens of the elemental chaos, but they would be regarded somewher between vermin and primitive natives. Likely born from battlefields where the elementals have clashed, forming their different subtypes from who was fighting and who was winning. Like, a steam mephit would emerge from a water/fire battlefield.

Any found on viridia would be weakened by their distance from the elemental chaos. Thus, mephlings.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And Azers? The main problem I see with the them is that they are very dwarf-like and I'm not sure if you want "fire dwarves" in Viridia.

I was also thinking about Wood Woads. I figure that they could be to Trees what Kobolds are to Dragons. They could be classified as Trees, but the Trees don't consider them as such. Despite being treated inferior, Wood Woads could be very loyal to the larger trees. They may think that the Trees are right in their arrogance and it is the place of the Wood Woads to serve them. In times of war the Trees may use Wood Woads as front line cannon fodder, in order to spare the lives of actual Trees. Wood Woad adventurers may have seen their Tree masters as cruel and left them.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-03-17 at 03:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Well, azers are supposedly descended from dwarven stock, so I think I'm gonna have to say no there.

As for wood Woads, that makes a lot of sense, though they're pretty tough for kobolds. :P As for characters... ECL 11 is pretty harsh. They seem a little tough, for the role you're thinking. Imagine an army of those.

So far as I can see it, the majority of trees look down on treants, though they are begrudgingly accepted. Ironbark are widely looked down upon and regarded as inferior. Wood woads would be beneath even the ironbark.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I figured the Tree armies ARE incredibly tough, considering what the weakest "true trees" are. Unless of course Tree communities aren't large enough and/or there aren't enough Trees for them to have actual armies. Considering how tough the other Tree races would have to be (even without Wood Woads), PCs shouldn't be dealing with the Tree "empire" at low levels anyways.

With vulnerability to fire the Fire Elementals could be the only thing keeping the Trees in line. (Whether or not they do so on purpose is another story.)
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-03-17 at 05:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

The tree 'empire' as it stands is spread rather thin. The trees claim control over the entire continent. Realistically, any reasonable swath of forest is some tree's territory or another. I could see employing like 10-20 wood woads per tree to help maintain control over their rather large territories. Depending on the size of the tree in question, it could reasonably employ more or less than that, and even ironbark or full treants in higher cases. They would serve as messengers and scouts, helping the huge trees fortify their territory with warp wood, and crossing large distances rapidly with tree stride.

You do have a point though, the trees probably wouldn't even notice anything smaller or weaker than the woads, and since trees=dragons, I don't intend to be throwing lv. 1s at an ancient oak.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I noticed something about the pantheon. There is no rain god. There is a water god, but that isn't really the same thing. Surely a society of plant people with a polytheistic pantheon would have a rain god. Lumar the first cloud and oldest child to Luumu could effectively be the god of rain and all weather really. As the dutiful son Lumar could be Lawful Good. He could have the Air, Plant, Travel, and Water domains. And his favored weapon could be the longspear.

I thought of doing something similar with Leerios, but that wouldn't really work. Acording to the mythology that was written for the All Seeing Twins, Leerios eventually sends his children down to Viridia as shooting stars. Thus this would have already happened to "the first star". The fungoids could worship a meteor that fell into the planet a long time ago as if it was the child of their god. But I for one am not sure how I would feel about that.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-03-17 at 11:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Hmm, you do raise a good point. Hmm. You know, we probably have to come up with actual entries for each of these gods...

As for a rain god, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I don't think we have any 'official mythology' just yet, though, so don't be afraid to write stuff up! I could definitely see clouds as 'divine children' of Lumuu. Maybe a set of siblings for the different sorts of clouds? A nimbus with strong ties to the airs who controls the winds, or possibly is a messenger. An angry god of dark clouds and storms of all sorts... You know, that sort of thing.

I honestly don't know what to do about a divine offspring of Lerios. Perhaps we could work off the meteor idea, though. Perhaps a really impressive-looking meteor? Like, jut-black and polished to shine, or perhaps a massive gemstone?
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I am reposting the works of Vadin and Eldan, withn some of my own stuff.
    Luumu the sun. Lerios the moon.

The Plant and Fungus Gods:
    Spoiler
    Show

To a surface worlder, Luumu is benevolent, sees all and knows all. The great dandelion spreads his puffy seeds, weather bringing demigods, and they rain his wisdom down on the world below.

To a deep dweller, Lerios is a great father whose children drift across the sky as little glowing spores. Lerios encourages the fungi to aid the brothers and to spread themselves across the world and raise up the little ones just as Lerios rose up the spores and shoots them down to the world below as his chosen when their time is ready.

The surface sees Lerios as a hanger on that contributes very little of its own. He is empty of color and is but a pale reflection of his brother Luumu.

The deep looks at Luumu as an ostentatious god who needs the massive amount of colors everywhere in the surface world to seem important.

Clouds are types of divine messengers who bring hard rain, snow, hail, soft rain, lightning, or simply wind.

Those fungi who rise from their subsoil birthplaces to the surface under the auspicious sign of a shooting star are considered very blessed by fungi in general, and are often marked with sort of special tattoo or carving.

The elementals still have their gods, though. And the elemental gods are known to the plants, just as the plant gods Luumu and Lerios, the all seeing twins, are known to the elements.

Lumar is the First cloud and oldest son of Luumu. Lumar is in charge of organizing the other clouds and ensuring that the weather is fairly spread out in the appropriate regions.

Lerian is a meteor gemstone that has fallen from the sky and is considered a child of Lerios. Lerian lies in the underground caverns where the fungoids live. The gemstone glows with magic power. Lerian heals the sick and wounded that touch her. It is also believed that Lerian has the power to grant good and bad luck to those that look at her and increase the magical abilities of those around her. The Plants believe that Lerian is erratic, blessing or cursing the luck of those that look at it at random. Fungoids believe that it judges the soul of those that stare at it and rewards or punishes them accordingly.

The Grand Redwood is the God-King of the Trees. It is the oldest and largest of all Trees. It is believed (only by Trees) that Luumu shows his blessing by granting the Grand Redwood his size and strength. The Grand Redwood guards his power jealously, and rules tyrannically. It is rumored that the Grand Redwood has caused the death of Trees that showed potential to grow larger than him. The spreading of such rumors is considered blasphemy and treason amongst Trees. The Trees do, or refuse to, see the darker side of the Grand Redwood’s nature.

Luumu:
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Superior: None
    Symbol: The Sun
    Domains: Good, Knowledge, Plant, Radiance, Sun
    Favored Weapon: Mace

Lerios:
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Symbol: A Full Moon
    Domains: Darkness, Fungus, Good, Knowledge, Moon
    Favored Weapon: Mace

Lumar:
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Superior: Luumu
    Symbol: A cloud with three rain drops underneath it.
    Domains: Air, Plant, Travel, Water
    Favored Weapon: Long Spear

Lerian:
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Superior: Lerios
    Symbol: A green gemstone
    Domains: Fungus, Healing, Luck, Magic
    Favored Weapon: Morningstar

Grand Redwood:
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Superior: Luumu
    Symbol: A tree with small dots at the base that represent the lesser plants.
    Domains: Law, Plant, Strength, War
    Favored Weapon: Great Club

The Overmind

Unknown power level, True neutral
    Also known as the Web-weaver, the Whisperer, The One-in-All

Symbol: White threads forming a web holding a black crystal

Portfolio: Unity, Community, Secrets, Dreams, Fungoids
    Domains: Community (BoED, ECS, CD), Dreams (CD), Fungus, Knowledge, Meditation (ECS), Mind (CD)
    Favored Weapon: Whip

The Fungal Overmind is a strange divinity, if it exists at all. As long back as they can remember, there were those of the fungal races who could feel it's presence in their mind, a vast entity of pure thought, watching them from just outside their reach. In time, a cult developed, and it became known that in quiet meditation, one could reach this mind, and even grasp some of it's scope and nature.
    The Overmind is a conscious entity existing in the totality of all fungal networks of the world, creating a composite mind of vast wisdom and intelligence, said by some to contain the sum of all knowledge.
    There is not, like with other divine entities, an organized clergy of the Overmind, for it neither dictates laws and commandments, nor does it choose mortal champions. It's followers maintain that it sends them flashes of insight and inspiration, but such claims are difficult to prove. Worshipers of the overmind are just as often psions or archivists as clerics, but the truly devoted can draw divine power from this source, just as they could from a principle.
    While there are no dictates from the overmind, there are certain tendencies which allow a worshipper to grow closer to it: quiet meditation is among them, as is abstinence from all drugs and chemicals which affect the mind.
    The acquisition of knowledge is seen as a great goal among them, as is unity and peace between fungal races, and clerics of the overmind are often used as arbiters and mediators in conflicts between the fungoids.

The Elemental Gods:
    Spoiler
    Show

Alemar the Free Wind, Kazar the Raging Flame, Pohloh the Curious River, Rono the Noble Earth.

At his best, Alemar is boldness and freedom. At his worst, Alemar is spiteful just to be contrary.
    Spoiler

Kazar is swift execution of goals, rabid pursuit of pleasure, blind hatred, and senseless violence.

Pohloh's best traits are his dedication to scholarly pursuits and the cataloging of history and knowledge. His worst traits are obsession and apathy for those he might affect.

Rono's most favorable aspects are persistence and respectfulness. At times he can become fixated on social hierarchy and pay too much attention to that and can be gruff and rude to any who would upset his order.

Though it might seem surprising, the elemental gods, like elementals themselves, are not inherently opposed to each other. Each one is part of the pantheon, recognized as (more or less) equals by elementals, fungi, and plants alike. The elementals place much more importance on the primal pantheon than the all-seeing twins, while plants and fungi consider Lerios and Luumu to be the most important gods in their lives.

Alemar:
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Symbol: A pendant with a swirl in the center
    Domains: Air, Chaos, Travel, Trickery
    Favored Weapon: Flail

Kazar:
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Symbol: A burning tree
    Domains: Chaos, Death, Destruction, Fire, Wrath
    Favored Weapon: Scimitar

Pohloh:
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Symbol: A curved wave
    Domains: Knowledge, Magic, Ocean, Water
    Favored Weapon: Trident

Rono:
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Symbol: A smooth polished stone.
    Domains: Earth, Law, Protection, Strength
    Favored Weapon: War Hammer

I am unsure on Lerian, so if anyone wants to put their own spin and the Fallen Star go ahead.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-03-18 at 02:18 PM.