New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    The first panel is supposed to be a flashback? The fact that Mookie just drew it as a regular panel made me think it was all one continuous flow. Mookie should have given it a completely different border or made it into a thought bubble.

At any rate, this is my redrawn souldozing scene, there's one more page left to do, but I'll do that tomorrow or sumtin. And this was before I realized the not so obvious flashback panel, so the narrative is completely different.

Spoiler
    Show

Inappropriate assshot? Durr. Also, I forgot the souldozer in panel 3. Whatever, I was in a hurry.

Spoiler
    Show

You are now the new author of Dominic Deegan. Please report to your new duties.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    I actually think Lord Khaine has the right idea. Read the comic, form an opinion, then come to the forum.
    His expressed idea was, "Read the comic, form opinion, disregard the opinions of others entirely because they're worthless."
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    But I'm willing to guess it wasn't meant that way..
    He did not alter his expressed position when I gave him the opportunity to explain himself in reaction to my pointing this out, ergo, that is his position on the matter as far as we can tell.

And how many of us don't read the comic first before posting about it here? To suggest that it's even a majority is just ridiculous.

Accusations against every person who comes into this thread are so generalized and baseless as to become meaningless.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-15 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

I'm not sure what's worse: that it's been so long since the "power being stolen from Hell" was brought up that Mookie felt the need to recap it, or that, despite my snarky attitude towards DD, I still remember it.

At least this is the first apparent non-filler arc we've had in a while.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    His expressed idea was, "Read the comic, form opinion, disregard the opinions of others entirely because they're worthless."
    I know. I agreed with the first part, disagreed with the last.

He did not alter his expressed position when I gave him the opportunity to explain himself in reaction to my pointing this out, ergo, that is his position on the matter as far as we can tell.

And how many of us don't read the comic first before posting about it here? To suggest that it's even a majority is just ridiculous.

Accusations against every person who comes into this thread are so generalized and baseless as to become meaningless.
    Sorry, but you're reading things into my post that I neither wrote nor intended. Let me clarify

I can, naturally, only speak for myself, so that's what I'll do. I think there is a tendency towards "DD is inherently bad, so nothing Mookie ever does can be good" on this forum (heck, I slip up and perpetuate this myself from time to time). Not to say that EVERY person is a violent hater (or even negative towards the comic) - it's just a general tone that pops up from time to time.
    Anything that nuances critisism is a good thing in my book.

Personally, I didn't talk about posting before reading the comic. That would be, as you put it, quite ridiculous ("I didn't read it, but it's bad!"). But I do sometimes read other people's comments about the comic before I read the comic itself. I'm sure many others do this as well - if nothing else because they'd be ashamed to have DD among their bookmarks
    And, really, I'm not above having my opinion be influenced, especially if I meet the influence before I even have an opinion. Hence, why I thought it could be a good idea to switch those two around.

And yeah, you're right, I have no idea what Lord Khaine really meant, and I shouldn't speculate about it. Sorry, Khaine.
    It's just my ever-naive desire to give people the benefit of the doubt (which, in this case, apparantly means "assume they mean the same as me ").
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Humbug, i like the phallic imagery of page 1 / panel 3. Quite apropriate.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I liked today's comic. That is all.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Oh god I can't unsee it.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

8. - Top - End - #458

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    I liked today's comic. That is all.
    I as well, though I feel the cliff Siggy's standing on could have been more cliff-like rather than even with the tentacle sea. Generally diagonals help with that sort of thing, being part of the standard shot over the protagonist's shoulders from behind while they're overlooking something ahead and/or below them while standing on a cliff's edge...
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #459
    Barbarian in the Playground

Though there isn't anything outright terrible with this page, Mook's Eldritch Abomination is way too bland for me to figure out that it was it who made that spire of tentacles and not Siegfried. Though the idea of Sigs sapping Karnak's hell for himself would be kinda neat.

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Oh man, I toally didn't realize it, I was going for the low angle shot you usually do for big bad intimidating people.

Phallus withlots of teeth, eeek!

11. - Top - End - #461
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Looking at the comic again, is the mouth thing meant to be a mountain in the distance or just a pillar in the foreground? I'm finding it hard to judge the sense of scale.

12. - Top - End - #462

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Looking at the comic again, is the mouth thing meant to be a mountain in the distance or just a pillar in the foreground? I'm finding it hard to judge the sense of scale.
    I think it's supposed to be in the middle ground with the sea of souls over to the left further in the background (but also extending into the middle) with the two flanking mountain-things being further behind it in the far background.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #463

Yo.
    I remember reading this comic up until about halfway through the Dominic and Lady Go on Holiday arc and being distinctly apathetic about it.
    And seeing as I have a lot of time on my hands for the next . . . two weeks I've decided to go back and reread it from the start.

I can't truly recall a thing about this comic, but I'm already inclined to snark. Cue crazy analysis.
    Spoiler
    Show

The beginning looks like a simple gag-a-day type thing. It's okay, even though Deegan's scarf remind me very much of Tom Baker's stint as the Doctor.
    The art is . . . meh. And as early as the third panel of this strip I think I'm seeing misuse of anime-esque art. Is StuntBumper (I can't tell them apart) blushing?
    As in the romantic type blushing? Not to mention Stunt (Bumper is for brown hair) seems to be responding to the blush with one of his own.
    Bumper's eyes also seem to be in a 'bashful' look, if you know what I mean, as if shy about telling his 'friend' his thoughts.
    Is there some sexual relationship between the two I haven't quite picked up on yet?
    The first time we see this blush is on Siggy when he's embarrassed about asking the seer about the outcome of a fight, and then when he's angry. These emotions seem to be the main blushy ones.
    And then we get the coy, romantic blush panel. I call romance. It's the eyes, combined with the blush and that weird smile.
    And in the next few strips when these two boys are alone at night they're permanently blushing too! Unresolved sexual tension!

Plus, why does Lady Travoria have fangs in the third panel? And they're sticking out of her iawbone into her lips.

Characterisation:
    Deegan's okay. Fairly nice, pragmatic.
    Siggy's cool. I like him, despite what he does when he sees Lun'a uncovered face. (So did her mum have her fangs removed? Are they ghost fangs?) But you can see why he does it, despite the hypocrisy with his previous speech.
    The thieves are fun. Don't know why they're still obsessed with Deegan though. But Deegan and Bumper look very similar. I'm inclined to call this bad art; but really, why not make it so that Bumper is Deegan's long-lost sibling. Bumper also seems the most empathic of the two so far.
    Luna. Is going to kill herself. Because of a couple of insults. Okay, I'm going to assume it's been a lifetime of insults over fangs. But if her mother has ghost fangs, she can get hers removed too. Iust get them pulled girl! She isn't even a one-dimensional character. And her mother's a witch! Magic them away.

Okay.
    The comic started in May 2002, I'm on Iuly (my iay key is broken, hence the 'i's) 17th 2002 and I'm already deeply entrenched on the snark side.

Name: Curly
    Started reading: From the beginning, having read it once two or three years ago.
    Joined GitP thread: Lurked on and off before posting this.
    Starting disposition: Inclined to snark from dim remembrances of the comic.
    Time to convert: It's stupid, the art is poor, but the characters are okay. It's mediocre at best. From my initial read through I found later arcs to be terrible to duller than dishwater and quit. Rapidly approaching epic snark.
    Current stance: I'm only rereading this webcomic because of these threads.

Oh, and apologies for going waaaay back to the beginning to begin my overly thorough analysis; I could have read through silently until the later arcs, but from my lurking off and on these past few months I feared an epic post of outrage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #464

Koorly, we didn't need an expert to spot the Ho Yay.

Welcome!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

15. - Top - End - #465

Man, wait until you see Szark... debate's still out on that one's sexual orentation.
    Last edited by Castel; 2010-09-15 at 06:43 PM.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

16. - Top - End - #466

Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    Man, wait until you see Szark... debate's still out on that ones sexual orentation.
    Hold on hope, fangirls! He might still fall for you!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

17. - Top - End - #467

Are you guys implying that Mookie might have subtly implied that Szark may not be strictly heterosexual?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

18. - Top - End - #468

I remember people discussing it a long time ago. It was really subtle, so most people missed it... I actually didn't see it until it was pointed out.

19. - Top - End - #469

GnomeWizardGuy

Everyone has the hots for Deegans or Stunt's head. No exceptions.

@CurlyKitGirl: Welcome!
    Those aren't fangs; Lady Travoria is meant to be a wrinkled prune. Luna's tusks aren't hereditary. I won't spoil the reason why Luna has tusks, but it's fair to say that the given reason is an... ...outrage.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, alterists are creepy. You can't expect her to actually visit one for something as minor as crippling self-consciousness issues.

Trazoi: Boo! Hiss! >_>
    (Also: "...pffft." *hand on beard*)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Koorly, we didn't need an expert to spot the Ho Yay.

Welcome!
    I still ship my ideal versions of Stunt x Bumper. And by "Ideal" I mean pre-bleached Bumper.... I mean, after Two Thief, Bumper sort of fades away. He didn't even look like himself in the Bland Arc.

...That, and given what happened to Szark, whose sexuality is not at all obvious from space, I'd not actually want them together when Mookie's writing.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

22. - Top - End - #472

@CurlyKitGirl: Welcome!
    Those aren't fangs; Lady Travoria is meant to be a wrinkled prune. Luna's tusks aren't hereditary. I won't spoil the reason why Luna has tusks, but it's fair to say that the given reason is an... ...outrage.
    But they look exactly like Luna's fangs. If they're meant to be wrinkles, talk about unfortunate shaping and placement of lines.

18th Iuly 2002 - 04/12/2002
    Spoiler
    Show

Bad puns. And yet more blushing! Furthmore, cheekbones do not like like that. And neither do fingers unless they're broken. And I see Siggy's got a bit of a by-the-book-and-word nature going on.
    Aaaaaaand he's dressed in black.
    Is he going to become an extremely anti-villain or straight out villain in a few hundred pages?
    Luna's still an idiot. Three days, two suicide attempts. Still one-dimensional.
    And now Deegan's giving me the heebie-ieebies. In this comic Deegan is blushing. Given the comic's precedence so far this means: he is angry, embarrassed or sexually attracted/in love with Luna. He doesn't look angry or embarrassed, merely content. And they've known each other maybe half an hour, so no romance.
    This leaves only sexual attraction. And given that he's in bed . . .looking content and red . . . eeewwwww. Of course, given panel one it could also be Croona or Sigg giving him uncomfortable thoughts, but given what Deegan knows of Croona, and that Siggy beat him senseless, I'm opting for Luna. Unless Deegan has a violence kink.

Welp, as of 06/06/2002 I call Deegan/Luna. Also, I'd like to note they've known each other maybe a day. And the romance blushes are in full force. So no friendship for kooky seer then. Iust teh sexytahms.
    This shows Deegan's interactions with anyone are severely limited (and the last panel here proves he's also anti-social; and here which proves him to be a pessimist) This gives me serious doubts as to how he'll intereact with anyone at all in the comic. And giventhis last panel of this comic, he is now officially creeping me out. I'm guessing Deegan has never had any sort of sexual interest before now. Ever.
    On the plus side, he's at least got an intellectual interest in her too.
    This though, further deepens my suspicions that Deegan has some serious personal and social issues. He's pervy (see 09/09/2002), anti-social, and unwilling to get involved in any activity unless he knows it'll be a success. This means he probbaly has an inflated ego and sense of self-worth. A megalomaniacal seer is probably on the cards.
    Yes, this comic has been running for four months, and I'm already sure that Deegan is socially, and perhaps mentally unstable. Not to mention he's willing to ask out an emotionally and phsychologically damaged woman. And he's a seer. People come to him to ask him what to do. I think he has control issues, and this thing with Luna (although it is founded on some actual attraction - even though it may be his only experience with it - will turn out badly for Luna. She's already submissive, and emotional torture and blackmail could keep her in line very easily. Deegan may have good intentions, he trusts her to assist him, but I can see bad things on the horizon.
    Oh, and the art shift in second sight from blurry-vision to glassy eyes is okay. I prefer it over blurry-vision, but his pupils expand enormously.
    And Bumper is the woman in his relationship with Stunt. And then we have confirmation. Bumper has been flirting with Stunt deliberately. Nice to see Luna has some guts though. She's finally shown another aspect of her personality, bringing it up to three: suicidal and mopey, smart, and is very good with magic.
    Gregory is nine years old from his looks. But I have a dim recollection of him dating a woman. Is he ialbait? Seriously, look at that panel, Deegan is sitting down, with Gregory about half a head taller than him. This page, they're clearly standing up. And Gregory's still bigger than him. I'D LIKE SOME PERSPECTIVE PLEASE. Eh, must be the closeups in the first page.
    And then we find out Stunt is a doorknob. Bumper, you deserve better than him. And yet, note how he's still blushing in that third panel, with the emphasis on "compassion". So we see what Bumper wants in a man.

The character design for the Sylvan Oracle remind me of something . . . oh yes, a mystical mage fairy from Ferngully. Oh boy.
    In addition, Dirk is feeling up some teenagers. Eeeewwww. Even though he has the hots for his dryad friend. He's also one-dimensional, but still more interesting than Gregory, Luna and even Deegan. Dirk has actual emotions beyond apathy and fear for his kin. Unlike Deegan. This is yet another sign that could hint that Deegan has sociopathetic (and sociopathic) tendencies. This page also reinforces this by showing that Deegan's life is easy. If he wants it it comes to him with ease, all he has to do is wait. Such a life would lead to detachment from society as he wouldn't understand effort, or the need to work hard to get one's goal accomplished. He is a spoiled brat iust by being a seer.

And a last question for the night: is theblond Freddy Kreuger stand-in a boy or a girl? The art doesn't help at all. And I'm on 04/12/2002 here.

I like Spark, he's the most consistently funny character.

Yes, I'm writing mostly as a stream-of-analysis in chronological order unless previously mentioned theories are back up by another comic in the current batch.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #473

GnomeWizardGuy

You're still in the Golden Age of Dominic Deegan, when Dom appeared to be an anti-social anti-hero who no-one liked and most of the comic seemed to be about bad puns. I liked Dominic back when it appeared he was meant to be an unlikeable grumpy loner.

Admittedly I still somewhat like Dominic now, but that's because it's impossible to see him now as anything other than Lord Dominus the Grand Puppetmaster.

24. - Top - End - #474

You're still in the Golden Age of Dominic Deegan, when Dom appeared to be an anti-social anti-hero who no-one liked and most of the comic seemed to be about bad puns. I liked Dominic back when it appeared he was meant to be an unlikeable grumpy loner.

Admittedly I still somewhat like Dominic now, but that's because it's impossible to see him now as anything other than Lord Dominus the Grand Puppetmaster.
    Tch, I can see hints of that now.
    His reactions in the comic of 04/12/2002 show that he doesn't handle situations he hasn't seen or predicted well at all. His manipulation of Dirk is very skilfull, showing he's done this before.

I admit the comic is still likeable, although it plunged rather quickly from light-hearted seer and his daily tribulations to Slyvan Oracle Demands That Deegan Save Her/His/Its People.
    But at this stage he's still being out-manoeuvered, so yes, I can see the Golden Age staus.
    Iust where abouts then did he hit the Silver Age?

Oh, and does anyone know what these arcs are called?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #475

The names of the arcs are all in the archive page.

... New Sneaky Gate, in wich we see Siggy is not all that good, after all. Poor S'n'glth Jr...

26. - Top - End - #476

NecromancerGuy

Everyone has the hots for Deegans or Stunt's head. No exceptions.
    When did the whole Stunt's head thing come about anyway?
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #477

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    But they look exactly like Luna's fangs. If they're meant to be wrinkles, talk about unfortunate shaping and placement of lines.

Spoiler
    Show

Bad puns. And yet more blushing! Furthmore, cheekbones do not like like that. And neither do fingers unless they're broken. And I see Siggy's got a bit of a by-the-book-and-word nature going on.
    Is he going to become an extremely anti-villain or straight out villain in a few hundred pages?
    And now Deegan's giving me the heebie-ieebies. In this comic Deegan is blushing. Given the comic's precedence so far this means: he is angry, embarrassed or sexually attracted/in love with Luna. He doesn't look angry or embarrassed, merely content. And they've known each other maybe half an hour, so no romance.
    This leaves only sexual attraction. And given that he's in bed . . .looking content and red . . . eeewwwww. Of course, given panel one it could also be Croona or Sigg giving him uncomfortable thoughts, but given what Deegan knows of Croona, and that Siggy beat him senseless, I'm opting for Luna. Unless Deegan has a violence kink.

Welp, as of 06/06/2002 I call Deegan/Luna. Also, I'd like to note they've known each other maybe a day. And the romance blushes are in full force. So no friendship for kooky seer then. Iust teh sexytahms.
    This shows Deegan's interactions with anyone are severely limited (and the last panel here proves he's also anti-social; and here which proves him to be a pessimist) This gives me serious doubts as to how he'll intereact with anyone at all in the comic. And giventhis last panel of this comic, he is now officially creeping me out. I'm guessing Deegan has never had any sort of sexual interest before now. Ever.
    This though, further deepens my suspicions that Deegan has some serious personal and social issues. He's pervy (see 09/09/2002), anti-social, and unwilling to get involved in any activity unless he knows it'll be a success. This means he probbaly has an inflated ego and sense of self-worth. A megalomaniacal seer is probably on the cards.
    Yes, this comic has been running for four months, and I'm already sure that Deegan is socially, and perhaps mentally unstable. Not to mention he's willing to ask out an emotionally and phsychologically damaged woman. And he's a seer. People come to him to ask him what to do. I think he has control issues, and this thing with Luna (although it is founded on some actual attraction - even though it may be his only experience with it - will turn out badly for Luna. She's already submissive, and emotional torture and blackmail could keep her in line very easily. Deegan may have good intentions, he trusts her to assist him, but I can see bad things on the horizon.
    Oh, and the art shift in second sight from blurry-vision to glassy eyes is okay. I prefer it over blurry-vision, but his pupils expand enormously.
    And Bumper is the woman in his relationship with Stunt. And then we have confirmation. Bumper has been flirting with Stunt deliberately. Nice to see Luna has some guts though. She's finally shown another aspect of her personality, bringing it up to three: suicidal and mopey, smart, and is very good with magic.
    Gregory is nine years old from his looks. But I have a dim recollection of him dating a woman. Is he ialbait? Seriously, look at that panel, Deegan is sitting down, with Gregory about half a head taller than him. This page, they're clearly standing up. And Gregory's still bigger than him. I'D LIKE SOME PERSPECTIVE PLEASE. Eh, must be the closeups in the first page.
    And then we find out Stunt is a doorknob. Bumper, you deserve better than him. And yet, note how he's still blushing in that third panel, with the emphasis on "compassion". So we see what Bumper wants in a man.

The character design for the Sylvan Oracle remind me of something . . . oh yes, a mystical mage fairy from Ferngully. Oh boy.
    In addition, Dirk is feeling up some teenagers. Eeeewwww. Even though he has the hots for his dryad friend. He's also one-dimensional, but still more interesting than Gregory, Luna and even Deegan. Dirk has actual emotions beyond apathy and fear for his kin. Unlike Deegan. This is yet another sign that could hint that Deegan has sociopathetic (and sociopathic) tendencies. This page also reinforces this by showing that Deegan's life is easy. If he wants it it comes to him with ease, all he has to do is wait. Such a life would lead to detachment from society as he wouldn't understand effort, or the need to work hard to get one's goal accomplished. He is a spoiled brat iust by being a seer.

And a last question for the night: is theblond Freddy Kreuger stand-in a boy or a girl? The art doesn't help at all. And I'm on 04/12/2002 here.

Yes, I'm writing mostly as a stream-of-analysis in chronological order unless previously mentioned theories are back up by another comic in the current batch.
    Yeeeeeesss . . . You will make a fine addition to this thread!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'm still very upset about what happens to Siggy in the long run. That's all I have to say, really. I'm upset about what happens to Dom and Greg and almost all other characters in the long run, but Siggy's ongoing fate actively upsets me. If I could go back in time and somehow fix one thing about DD, and one thing only, it'd be Siggy's story. I admit more could be done if I fixed something else, but it's my choice.
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-09-15 at 10:30 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

29. - Top - End - #479

GnomeWizardGuy

But at this stage he's still being out-manoeuvered, so yes, I can see the Golden Age staus.
    Iust where abouts then did he hit the Silver Age?
    DD doesn't exactly map to analogs of the Comic Book ages; Dominic never punched out Hitler early on, and while there are superheroes in spandex I'd hardly call that DD's "Silver Age".

If I were to assign ages to arcs, it would go like this (minor plot spoilers):
    Spoiler
    Show

• Golden Age: Start to Visions of Doom. The comic is rough but it's early days, we can forgive that. Dom isn't uber at this stage. Age ends with Greg going Super Sayian as a bad sign of future development.
    • Downfall of Golden Age: Ecstasy and Evil. The first WTF arc that started the earliest snarker (way before my time). The power levels are ratcheted up a few notches.
    • Silver Age: Hello Nurse, Storm of Souls. It's now more about the super powers and Dom becoming uber. Still decent life signs in the plot. Some people think the comic should have ended here.
    • Bronze Age: First Day, Battle for Barthis, War in Hell. The next big plot cycle. There's still some good plot here, but this age features some of the most notorious wall banger moments. It's here that the Keenspot forum turned snarky.
    • Iron Age: Two Thief. The last decent plot. The basic rule of DD is every arc past Two Thief is somehow worse in some way.
    • Ice Age: Class Action, Snowsong, Shadow of Siegfried, Oracle Hunter. The comic becomes increasingly silly and Dom becomes insufferably superior. Full of wallbangers. Snowsong is the moment when auxillary fan sites like this one turned snarky.
    • Dragon Age: Oh Snap, Around the World, Built to Resist. While plot and characterisation was bent in the Ice Age to allow silly plots, this was where it was jettisoned so the comic could float wherever whims would take it.
    • Orc (Outr)Age: March Across Maltak. Dragon Age with a plot that turned out to not be a plot. Backgrounds and settings were lost. This arc broke many people.
    • Lost Age: A Nimmel House to present. The current age of 2010 (possibly not including current arc). We've now lost the lead characters and nothing seems to have a point.

When did the whole Stunt's head thing come about anyway?
    I'm not sure, save that 90% of people in Dominion look like Stunt. It's been a slay meme since forever.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2010-09-15 at 10:33 PM. Reason: messed up the tags

30. - Top - End - #480
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

And giventhis last panel of this comic, he is now officially creeping me out. I'm guessing Deegan has never had any sort of sexual interest before now. Ever.
    Nah. He was once raped. Hilariously. And I don't think the author thought it was rape.

Which maybe proves your point.

He's a dude. He never gets a name either. People just call him The Infernomancer, or TIM. Because that is what he is.

This is actually kind of neat. The early arcs have gotten it easy, what with not getting properly snarked. I may go back and do something similar. Plus the current arc is boring and nothing is happening. Though maybe we should have thought of this during Maltak.

@Trazoi: That is a great classification, and good names for them.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns