New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: You will nom me! NOM ME I SAY! [PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Note: Shouldn't you talk about the protection garnered from being in a creature's stomach? First of all, the creature itself can't attack you except with its stomach acid and stuff, second of all, other creatures can't attack you without hurting the thing you are in. And even then, you should get reduced damage. Maybe no damage, even.
    This is already covered, either in the implicit or explicit concept of "Swallowed Whole", or via the Stomach Resistance class feature.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    This is already covered, either in the implicit or explicit concept of "Swallowed Whole", or via the Stomach Resistance class feature.
    Blaugh, sorry, for some reason I never thought of checking the Swallowed Whole description. My bad.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

With some modifications... this would be a USABLE CLASS.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Ohh! That is SO COOL. I LOVE the feat which lets you block their windpipe.
    Hehe, thanks! I thought that was particularly ingenious.

Had another one thought up, but forgot it before I started working on those feats...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    With some modifications... this would be a USABLE CLASS.
    That's the idea with most of these. Making a Commoner both more humourous in execution and more useable.

What modifications do you think it might need to make it actually useable, if it needs any at all?
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #35

MY suggested modifications:

Make it so STR goes up by 1 or 2 each level, for easier mouth opening. Class ability 'contortion' or something similar that lets you count as one size category smaller for the purposes of being eaten?

Change Spicy and Minty to be 1d8 nonlethal. 1d4 nonlethal is not enough, but lethal damage wouldn't make sense. ("I ate something ultra minty and died!")

Commoners licking you and falling unconscious makes sense. Commoners licking you and dying doesn't.

NOTE: Can a Tasted opt to NOT exit a monster after it deals enough damage to the innards that it would otherwise cut a hole in the stomach?
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-09-18 at 02:16 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M-Bark View Post
    That's the idea with most of these. Making a Commoner both more humourous in execution and more useable.

What modifications do you think it might need to make it actually useable, if it needs any at all?
    You misunderstand.
    I would use this as a PC.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

MY suggested modifications:

Make it so STR goes up by 1 or 2 each level, for easier mouth opening. Class ability 'contortion' or something similar that lets you count as one size category smaller for the purposes of being eaten?

Change Spicy and Minty to be 1d8 nonlethal. 1d4 nonlethal is not enough, but lethal damage wouldn't make sense. ("I ate something ultra minty and died!")

Commoners licking you and falling unconscious makes sense. Commoners licking you and dying doesn't.

NOTE: Can a Tasted opt to NOT exit a monster after it deals enough damage to the innards that it would otherwise cut a hole in the stomach?
    I was about to say I already had a feat for the mouth opening, but blast. I now see what feat idea I had had! I didn't mean to make Master Foeclimber, I had intended to make Master Jawbreaker!

Imma fix that all quickly-like now...

I'll up Spicy and Minty to 1d6. 1d8 is too much in my opinion, and 1d6 seems balanced enough compared with the other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    You misunderstand.
    I would use this as a PC.
    Ah, right-o then. XD Thanks.

EDIT: Master Foeclimber changed to Master Jawbreaker. Note that this isn't actually jawbreaking, but the name gets the idea across. Kinda.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2010-09-18 at 03:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Further feat ideas you could have is a variant of Goad to get them to nom you or just the ability to ready against a bite attack to go down their throat.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Added the "Dry" Taste, as well as the following feat:

AFTERTASTE
    Prerequisites: Taste class feature, two Tastes
    Benefit: You can have two Tastes active at once. One is your primary Taste that affects an enemy on the round they taste you. The other one is your secondary Taste - your aftertaste. Your aftertaste affects the enemy on the next round and requires a seperate Fort save.

Furthermore, earlier someone asked for bludgeoning/acid damage for creatures that don't have Swallow Whole. I think the following table shows it aptly:

{table=head]Size|Bludgeoning Damage|Acid Damage

Large|
    1d6+1/2 Str mod
    |
    1d4+Con mod

Huge|
    1d8+1/2 Str mod
    |
    1d6+Con mod

Gargantuan|
    2d6+1/2 Str mod
    |
    1d8+Con mod

Colossal|
    3d6+1/2 Str mod
    |
    2d6+Con mod
    [/table]

Keep in mind also that from the inside of a creature their AC from the inside doesn't count armour, Dex or dodge bonuses and only half their natural armour. To cut your way out you need to deal 25 points of damage or more with a light piercing or slashing weapon.

10. - Top - End - #40

Does your equipment gain your flavor too? Because I just had a great idea for a Tasted/Chicken Master who makes spicy chicken and then shoves it down his opponents throats to choke them.

Side note- does the nonlethal from spicy apply every round that you are inside their throat? I think it should...

Also? I know you probably won't, but I would LOVE to see more levels for this, chicken master, and pig master, like you did with the Broken Corpse. Then again, if that prevents you from coming up with the next commoner class, nevermind.

I can also imagine using Tasted as a defensive build-- safest place in the battle is inside someone else!
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-09-23 at 02:20 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

11. - Top - End - #41

Okay, I have a couple feat suggestions. If you like them, great! If not, no problem, I wouldn't want to destroy the awesomeness of this class.

PRACTICED WRIGGLING
    Prerequisites: Go Down Smooth class feature.
    Benefit: You can bring more equipment with you into a creature's stomach by wriggling. You can wear medium armor or carry a one-handed weapon. If you are two size categories smaller than your opponent, you may carry a shield and carry a two-handed weapon. If you are three size categories smaller than your opponent, you may wear heavy armor.

FOREVER FLAVORFUL
    Prerequisites: Go Down Smooth class feature, three Tastes, BAB +8.
    Benefit: Your Taste continues to affect your opponent each round that you remain inside them. They gain a stacking +1 bonus on their save, if the Taste allows one, every round. Once they succeed on a save, your Taste stops affecting them. (though if you exit and climb back into their mouth, they are again effected.)

I HAVE BEEN TO THE BOWEL AND BACK
    Prerequisites: Stomach Resistance class feature.
    Benefit: Your stomach resistance increases by 2 every time you take this feat. You may take it multiple times, each time increasing your resistance by 2.

FINGER LICKIN' GOOD
    Benefit: You gain access to a special Taste which is not really a taste, but a smell. Any creature able to smell you must make a will save (equal to the DC for Nom de Nourriture) or want to eat you. (Creatures like humans may still only want to lick you, and not become cannibals-- but if you jump into there mouth they won't be too displeased.) If they fail the will save, they immediately attempt to eat you. The DC for Nom de Nourriture increases by 4 while you are wearing this Taste.

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
    Prerequisites: Bred for Purpose class feature, Taste class feature.
    Benefit: Your chickens have acquired your unique flavor! Your Tasted and Chicken Master levels stack for determining Bred for Purpose and Stomach Resistance. If you have at least 3 tastes, you may increase a chicken's stats by 2 more than you decrease them. [e.g., (-6/+8), (-2/+4)] You may also transfer one Taste to one of your chickens, you may only have one chicken with a Taste at a time, and it can only have a Taste that you know. If you have Otherfarmly Heritage, you can choose to keep the chicken permanently-- but you may not summon another chicken with an Otherfarmly Heritage until one day after your current chicken dies.

Yeah... that last one I kinda threw in because of the character concept I mentioned earlier. I just kinda feel these would add something to the class. I'd really love to play this as a PC. I hope I'm not too presumptuous in suggesting these, I really like your commoner flaw classes.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Does your equipment gain your flavor too? Because I just had a great idea for a Tasted/Chicken Master who makes spicy chicken and then shoves it down his opponents throats to choke them.

Side note- does the nonlethal from spicy apply every round that you are inside their throat? I think it should...

Also? I know you probably won't, but I would LOVE to see more levels for this, chicken master, and pig master, like you did with the Broken Corpse. Then again, if that prevents you from coming up with the next commoner class, nevermind.

I can also imagine using Tasted as a defensive build-- safest place in the battle is inside someone else!
    No, your equipment does not acquire your Taste. I'd think that chickens and other live creatures wouldn't count as equipment either way, so it doesn't matter much in that regard.

The nonlethal damage applies only once. The idea is that you get inside the mouth, affect them, and immediately continue on to the stomach. That's also part of the Flaw, sorta.

And I actually had ideas for the Pig Master and possibly something similar for the Chicken Master as well. Perhaps a sort of related PrC that they could both enter or something. With the remaining Commoner Flaws I feel kind of stuck. Then again, I chose the easiest ones to work with (and the more fun ones ).

Okay, I have a couple feat suggestions. If you like them, great! If not, no problem, I wouldn't want to destroy the awesomeness of this class.
    Let's hear it!

PRACTICED WRIGGLING
    Benefit: You can bring more equipment with you into a creature's stomach by wriggling. You can wear medium armor or carry a one-handed weapon. If you are two size categories smaller than your opponent, you may carry a shield and carry a two-handed weapon. If you are three size categories smaller than your opponent, you may wear heavy armor.
    I'd make it like so: you can wear medium armour OR carry a one-handed weapon OR carry a shield if you are one category smaller. You can wear heavy armour OR carry a two-handed weapon OR carry a tower shield if you are two size categories smaller.

...or perhaps make the size difference one category greater, and make this one the follow-up feat? Either way, I don't think it'll affect it much, as armour helps nothing once you are inside (same for shields) and the weapon damage is only a slight increase. Plus Commoners are only proficient with a single simple weapon, no armour, no shields.

...unless of course they entered the Broken Corpse PrC.

FOREVER FLAVORFUL
    Prerequisites: Go Down Smooth class feature, three Tastes, BAB +8.
    Benefit: Your Taste continues to affect your opponent each round that you remain inside them. They gain a stacking +1 bonus on their save, if the Taste allows one, every round. Once they succeed on a save, your Taste stops affecting them. (though if you exit and climb back into their mouth, they are again effected.)
    ...I quite like this one. Might up the BAB to 10 or 11 though, since some of the Tastes could impose quite the penalty and in case of Sweet any animal will be mindless after a single time tasting too. (Which is why Tasted are probably in greater number in areas with only animals around that are big and like some nomz. Like the planet Dragonball takes place on.)

Not sure how that'd affect Brothy or Salty though, since they require Con checks later on.

I HAVE BEEN TO THE BOWEL AND BACK
    Prerequisites: Stomach Resistance class feature.
    Benefit: Your stomach resistance increases by 2 every time you take this feat. You may take it multiple times, each time increasing your resistance by 2.
    "To Hell and back!
    I have seen the maw of chaos,
    The gaping Abyss,
    The dogs of carnage pulling on their chains in Hades,
    I have seen a thousand hungry gods,
    A hundred raging dragons,
    A dozen times the Apocalypse,
    And I can tell you...
    None could stomach me!"

Really though, I'd lower that to just 1, as the DR and acid resistance actually do work outside the stomach.

FINGER LICKIN' GOOD
    Benefit: You gain access to a special Taste which is not really a taste, but a smell. Any creature able to smell you must make a will save (equal to the DC for Nom de Nourriture) or want to eat you. (Creatures like humans may still only want to lick you, and not become cannibals-- but if you jump into there mouth they won't be too displeased.) If they fail the will save, they immediately attempt to eat you. The DC for Nom de Nourriture increases by 4 while you are wearing this Taste.
    Intruiging, this one is.

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
    Prerequisites: Bred for Purpose class feature, Taste class feature.
    Benefit: Your chickens have acquired your unique flavor! Your Tasted and Chicken Master levels stack for determining Bred for Purpose and Stomach Resistance. If you have at least 3 tastes, you may increase a chicken's stats by 2 more than you decrease them. [e.g., (-6/+8), (-2/+4)] You may also transfer one Taste to one of your chickens, you may only have one chicken with a Taste at a time, and it can only have a Taste that you know. If you have Otherfarmly Heritage, you can choose to keep the chicken permanently-- but you may not summon another chicken with an Otherfarmly Heritage until one day after your current chicken dies.
    I'd have it affect less class features in less ways. Perhaps split it up into two feats?

Taking out Stomach Resistance for one might be a good thing, since else you'd get DR 10/slashing or piercing and acid resistance 10 if you'd have 5 levels in each.

Having only a single chicken with a Taste at a time... hm, I suppose that isn't bad after thinking about it. Even if it'd be killed it doesn't have to be eaten after all, up to a DM that stuff would be.

Makes me think I should make a feat that if a Tasted is hit by a bite attack they automatically inflict their current Taste upon their attacker...

I hope I'm not too presumptuous in suggesting these, I really like your commoner flaw classes.
    Oh no, not at all. While I may sometimes find it aggravating that someone else starts making homebrew in a homebrew thread of mine sometimes, when it is to compliment the project, I feel that I must give thanks either way.

And thanks! I'll see what can come in the future, if anything. Hope for good things. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2010-09-23 at 04:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

I will! Glad to know my suggestions weren't terrible, . Keeping my fingers crossed for more commoner classes or additions to the existing ones.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew: