New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

I find it funny that "Adrak" is talking while Bulgak is punching himself in the face.

Anyways, I must ask: how exactly did Bulgak becoming an infernomancer "benefit" the orc people? That's what he tells himself, but I don't really see what evidence backing up that delusion.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by FoE View Post
    I find it funny that "Adrak" is talking while Bulgak is punching himself in the face.

Anyways, I must ask: how exactly did Bulgak becoming an infernomancer "benefit" the orc people? That's what he tells himself, but I don't really see what evidence backing up that delusion.
    Wild Edge! (tm) radiation poisoning, obviously. Or, excuse me, Maltak curse radiation poisoning.

He's supposed to be a well-intentioned extremist, but as noted, he's basically just an idiot. This has got to turn into a "Unfavored Son" argument, about his father giving his preferred magic to his favored son (the one who died of horrible necromancy backfiring) and leaving his unfavored son (our favorite demon-worshipping orc) to use the demon magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    It attempts to paralyze its victims with flashback venom!
    So he was Infernomancer to the demon of flashback poison?

^The prodevil son? Terrible, I know.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-28 at 02:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    This doesn't engender hope in me.
    It's going to be bad isn't it?
    Really bad.
    Don't worry. The rule in DD is that (past a certain point) every arc is worse than its predecessors, so you know that, as bad as the rest of the Erossus City arc is, it's not as bad as it'll be much later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ignition View Post
    He's supposed to be a well-intentioned extremist, but as noted, he's basically just an idiot. This has got to turn into a "Unfavored Son" argument, about his father giving his preferred magic to his favored son (the one who died of horrible necromancy backfiring) and leaving his unfavored son (our favorite demon-worshipping orc) to use the demon magic.
    How would this work? "Nakta magic can only be passed down from fathers to their first sons!" "Wait, wouldn't Akta wielders become extinct pretty fast, then?" "Shhh!"
    Y'know, it almost sounds like something Mookie might do.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FoE View Post

He did it to learn about the curse on Maltak.

Though we don't really know much of anything about him, Stonewater, and Grench before they showed up at the concert one day (presumably they took a break from questing for the salvation of their people to hike to Barthis and back to catch some tunes.) That's what's really bugging me about his role in this arc - I don't know if he's supposed to be a reliable narrator or not, or enough about his relationships pre-demon poison to judge him.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Words almost fail me.
    I'm not going to be looking forward to that. I don't even know how that would work!
    Okay, I have to admit, I may have been exaggerating. Sometimes I get carried away with snarking, and make up stuff that's not really true. Sorry about that. There isn't a plot in that arc, or a plot point. And no, I wasn't kidding about the naked women part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

8. - Top - End - #1118

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    How would this work? "Nakta magic can only be passed down from fathers to their first sons!" "Wait, wouldn't Akta wielders become extinct pretty fast, then?" "Shhh!"
    Y'know, it almost sounds like something Mookie might do.
    When in doubt, follow Mookie's Razor: "Whatever makes the least sense and answers the least questions, that's what happens."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

9. - Top - End - #1119

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Don't worry. The rule in DD is that (past a certain point) every arc is worse than its predecessors, so you know that, as bad as the rest of the Erossus City arc is, it's not as bad as it'll be much later.
    *whimper*
    What have I gotten myself into? And I know the faintest mist of an understanding about the horrible monstrosity that is Maltak. I fear for my brain.

Analysing Dominus Deegan

The Golden Age*
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Frail Hope of Adequate Enjoyment
    21/05/2002 - 17/07/2002 Arcs covered: Oracle for Hire, The Curse
    The First Signs of Serious Psychological Issues Appear
    18/07/2002 - 4/12/2002 Arcs covered: The Curse, Luna, Into the Woods
    In Which Teh Great Dominus Indulges in Torture and Terrifies Me
    5/12/2002 - 21/02/2003 Arcs covered: Into the Woods, Couch Forts and Crying
    Dominatrix Luna. Oh, and The Dominus is More Feared Than A Necromancer
    22/01/2003 - 11/03/2003 Arcs covered: Makeover!, Mob Mentality
    Thing Are Looking Up
    12/03/2003 - 30/04/2003 Arcs covered: Visions of Doom Parts One and Two
    Siggy Is Iesus. Make of That What You Will
    01/05/2003 -23/06/2003 Arcs covered: Visions of Doom Parts Three and Four
    The Great Dominus Is Officially A Marty Stue an It's THRILLER! THRILLER NIGHT!
    24/06/2003 - 19/08/2003 Arcs covered: Visions of Doom Parts Five and Six
    Character Development! And We Conclude an Arc
    20/08/2003 - 10/09/2003 Arcs covered: Visions of Doom Parts Seven and Eight
    Short Arc Is Short
    11/09/2003 - 21/10/2003 Arcs covered: The Party

The Tarnished Age

Hell Is Meaningless Filler
    23/10/2003 - 20/11/2003 Arcs covered: The Ecstasy and the Evil Part One
    Kink + Dominus Deegan = Eye and Brain Bleach
    11/11/2003 - 16/12/2003 Arcs covered: The Ecstasy and the Evil Parts Two and Three
    Inflatable Boobs and Sex! Occasional Plotting Is Permitted
    17/12/2003 - 30/01/2004 Arcs covered: The Ecstasy and the Evil Parts Four and Five

Enter: Deus Ex Machina! And Boobs.
    31/01/2005 - 19/04/2004 Arcs covered: The Ecstasy and the Evil Parts Six and Seven

Spoiler
    Show
    So Stunt's going to beat the Dominus to death because . . . because. When all of a sudden an edge of consciousness vision! How many kinds of vision can a Seer have? Induced vision, natural vision, dream vision, artificially induced vision, edge of consciousness vision, iont visions, vision for the sake of voyeurism; any more for any more?
    And so the Dominus shouts at Stunt (who has some very good reasons for holding a grudge) and terrifies Stunt into stopping. I love how faintly regretful he looks as he admits to overlooking an Infernomancer out to kill them all. Pretty big oversight that isn't it oh Great Dominus.
    But it works, and the Dominus exploits Stunt's misogyny to concoct a flimsily transparent, yet utterly foolproof plan. Why is the guard more concerned about the tied-up Seer than the loose and dangerous robber?
    Hey look! King Kong shout out in panel 3! I love the misguided gender politics between the two sisters. Lady Amelia thinks a relationship is all about sex. Luna is currently afraid of physical intimacy, and hasn't really engaged in anything beyond kissing.
    Thing is, they're both in loving relationships. Admittedly, Lady Amelia is going to murder Szark, but there is some affection there. Boob update: Lady Amelia's have increased yet again.
    Thought: Lady Amelia wants Luna dead. Luna is currently helpless. Stab. Her. To. Death. Now. You'll save us the agony of watching the non-growth of a 2D character.
    Evil gloating: the downfall of many a two-bit villain.
    Still, at least Luna believes in someone other than herself. The Dominus is her one true love. He is her light. Her everything. She is utterly dependent upon her. Lady Amelia even points out her idolising ways.
    Lady Amelia's plan is stupid. Stab. Her. Now. Yourself! Or get Bumper to do it. Boob update: Lady Amelia's right breast in p.4 is horribly, horribly deformed. It looks triangular. They are also larger again than they were a few pages ago. (Why is it that I'm forced to keep a boob update? Art should be vaguely consistent page to page and panel to panel. Mookie's boobs are not.) And in the next page they've shrunk slightly and are saggier.
    Stunt is correct by the way. The Dominus is an embarrassment. Naturally, he gets his revenge by making fun of the number of people trying to kill Stunt. People who're trying to kill him because of you oh might Dominus. Speaking of Sucky McFail Guard, his hair in p.3 is awful. It looks as if a spike is growing right out of his head. Shame that.
    AAAAAAHHHHH!!! Bad colouring! What's it done with? Felt tips and crayons? Oh, and now Stunt has dark skin. Even though in black and white he looks exactly the same as Luna. I know, I know, it's difficult to do in this particular colouring style, but you could indicate he was from a different country by, I don't know, a tattoo or different hair style. And I don't think most people have hair the exact same colour as their skin.
    And for the record: hypno-eyes are golden eyes.
    [[I have now read five hundred pages of Dominus Deegan. It's been going downhill the past one hundred and forty odd pages.]]
    Oh right. Rape as drama. Fun. Best part is: Lady Amelia is raping two people at once. I bet Bumper's going to get all the blame for this, even though he's under mind control.
    So the Dominus attempts to suffocate Bumper as the best way of stopping him. I was right: Lady Amelia date-raped her own sister. Do you think she gets off on this? Hooray for rape as a plot device that won't get mentioned at all aftr about thirty pages!
    Anyway! Lord Sturtz has awesome sideburns. Szark looks vaguely like a piratical zombie. And there are whores at a duel to the death. Such is like in FornicaSin City.
    Szark does have a point though. All the duels are fully legal. Gasp! Mr. and Mrs. Deegan are here!
    I am disturbed by the fact that you could tusk-ify Mrs. Deegan and end up with a slightly wrinkly Luna. I call Oedipal Complex! Mr. Deegan doesn't look all that bad even though he has no fingers or thumbs.
    I love how they think throwing a cat out of the window is on a par with pre-meditated murder and assault. Another case of Self-centred Deeganism.
    I see that "esteemed guests" means deus ex machina in the Dominiverse. I hereby dub Donovan Elanovan. Apparently the Deegans are uber-famous magical swordspeople. Hooray. The Dominus comes from a privileged family; no wonder he has entitlement issues and a self-centred world view. He's entitled. Points though for living in a "pauper"'s home in Lynne's Brook though. At least he tried to live a normal life.
    Boob (and clothing) update: firstly, that outfit is the most idiotic I've seen for a long time. And I watch anime on a semi-regular basis. At least we know Lady Amelia goes commando. For once Lady AMelia's clothes aren't boob-fitting, and look almost plausible.
    Venus de Seer sums up a stupid plan. But he is now Evil because he's going to frame Stunt for the Dominus' death. Why is it that I feel more sympathetic towards Stunt and Bumper than the Dominus and Luna. Luna who was iust roofied. It's bad characterisation if I can't really feel sympathy for a woman who was nearly raped.
    Stunt gets a Big Damn Anti-Heroes moment and, I think, is iustified in calling Venus de Seer a fruitcake. He's almost as camp as Szark!
    Stunt then knocks out Venus de Seer in one the most awesome moments in the comic so far. Others I count are the entirety of Iacob's appearance in the comic so far and Gregory's torching of TIM.
    Stunt proves he's smart as well as strong when he shows that he knows how to counteract a date-rape drug. Stunt has a point when he reacts to the Dominus' glare. Stunt is a thief, violent and misogynistic, and wants to kill the DOminus (but really, who amongst us doesn't?); but he won't rape women.
    Wot. Mookie is lampshading his own poor writing. It's lovely to see how an adult magician relies on his parents (and his best friend's daddy) to save his rear.
    Boob update: Lady Amelia is Cruella de Ville, but with enormous (again) boobies. And I think it's Mrs. Deegan that's the deus ex machina. But it's time for our climatic confrontation! Nice to see Lady Amelia's plan have as many in-universe unfortunate implications as there are out-universe ones.
    YOu know, it'd be nice to see Elanovan's pink coat. Still, I like him. Ah. In the Dominiverse "Archmage" = deus ex machina.
    Weeee Extendo-Glove. Shame about Mrs. Deegan though. I hope it's not another illusion or magical spell. I like TIM. Look at that cool smirk. Yeah, the Dominus does look better without the glasses.
    Oh. I was wrong, Karnak wanted Mrs. Deegan dead. But an Archmage has a grenade heart as a soul iar.
    Dammit. Illusion. Hold on a second: "I can see right through [illusions]." I guess the Dominus was being arrogant when he implied he could see through all illusions. On the other hand, we see that toying with people's emotions by causing them to think you're dead (see Into the Woods) is a family trait. Oh, and it's a recycled plot element. Still, it's fairly cool, so it scrapes a pass.
    For the record, most illusions appear to be hard light holograms a la Red Dwarf, which luckily explains how an illusion could have a grenade heart.
    For the record, iust in case we haven't understood yet, Lady Amelia is Evil. Boob update: we can't see them. First time for everything. Those hair spikes are really annoying me. They make her look like a demon. Subtle. Furthermore, how can a spell cast by a fifth level Archmage be broken by a magically trained noblewoman?
    Whore update: Lady Amelia's outfit has absolutely no back. At all. Iust in case you haven't understood that Evil people have Evil sex. Oh, and eveyrone in the entire room let an attempted murderess, rapist and enabler of DEMONS walk away scot-free!! THE HELL!?
    In other weird art news: the moon has a sad face, and Mama Deegan is pulling off a Batman pose. And Elanovan has a cool sword.
    A new vision-type! Looking into the past. A Seer is meant to see the future. Or (as we have seen back from Spark's spying in Lady Amelia's stufy) by touching something related to the person in question. So being a Seer is a plot device to pull relevant information out of the rear of the author.
    Yeah, Lady Amelia has demon hair. Also: ominous shadow as the two morally ambiguous thieves (who secretly love one another, but are too afraid to confess it) deal with the issue of letting a mass murderer run free.
    Have I mentioned how much I like Stunt and Bumper? Because Bumper now has his moment of excellence. By killing a master planner stone dead. He even seems to regret the murder a little. (Mookie's record of drawing dead women with their tongues sticking out is still 100%)
    And then Mookie ruins all the awesome by drawing Lady Amelia's corpse in a sexually suggestive pose. Because a 'pleasure princess' can't have any dignity in death either! Because Evil people who have Evil sex are Evil.
    And Stunt has character development! He's going to help Luna and the Dominus! Even though they've repeatedly assaulted, tortured and been generally mean to the two poor thieves.
    Szark shows some nobility, but because people in KinkSin City are morally ambiguous they all die. Szark is awesome. He iust attacked TIM - an Infernomancer armed with the Power Glove of the Demon Lord! - with a sword. Oh, and now Szark is possessed by someone.
    Probably Karnak.
    *giggle*
    Lord Sideburn's first name is Lars. And yeah. Szark is Karnak now. Karnak is pretty awesome too. He engineered all this in order to incarnate himself. I present to you, the Chessmaster of the Dominiverse! Plus now when they attack Karnak they attack Szark. Oh,and while Elanovan fights Szark TIM gets to kill the Dominus.
    I like Karnak.
    Why is it that all my favourite character so far are all Evil, Evil with a motive or morally ambiguous.
    Who is Nimmel? Why does he look like the Dominus cross-dressing in a white mage's outfit, but with Black Mage's hat? Is this the Nimmel who's going to be in the arc punnily titled 'A Nimmel House'?
    Eh? What? So wearing the Power Gloves frees you from Karnak? And TIM reioices by trying to kill the Dominus. I can see why.
    Not an illusion. Because Stunt and Bumper are awesome. I wonder how Stunt knew that? Anywho, I'm waiting for Luna's inevtable breakdown. Because after an attempted date-rape by her own sister, I think one's fully iustified.
    If this page was released a year later, I'd call a massive rip-off of Avatar: The Last Airbender. But it's not, so it's fairly cool. Still cool. Shame about the small hole in the plan. I'm wondering how many anime shows those few comics ripped off.
    Answer: lots.
    Christ. Two deus ex machina by the same person! Within fifty pages of each other! With a Good Omens rip-off to boot! For those of you who haven't read it, there is a character called Azrael with ""wings of night, wings that were shapes cut through the matter of creation into the darkness underneath" (pg. 344), I also get flashes of Arael from Reaper Man as well. And of Astfgl from FaustEric!
    I'm guessing that Mookie is a Discworld fan too.
    It's still pretty cool despite the BLATANT RIP-OFFS.
    However, I think sending TIM to an outer dimension full of chaos, horror and a staring eye isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.
    I have lost all faith in Karnak. Stupid defeat. Fastest character decay ever.
    But there's a midly funny punchline. And I am validated in calling Mr. Deegan Elanovan. Lord Sideburns is a little ditzy too. But they're having fun.
    And yet despite having a fifth-level deus ex machina Archmage present, the Dominus is the only one who can save us all.

This arc is pretty poor, and filled with rip-offs and unfortunate implications (even though the latter is iustified), but the cool moments are some of the coolest so far.
    Excluding Iacob's entire appearance naturally.
    My favourie characters are Stunt and Bumper, but Elanovan is charming. Deus ex machina is blatant, and overused. Twice in forty odd pages.
    And we need our mandatory Heroic Iesus moment from the Dominus, so that's coming up next.

*Ages as defined by Trazoi here.

Next up!
    The Dominus is going to make out with Karnak.

In summary: everyone ever is Hot for the Dominus.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-28 at 04:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #1120

But there's a midly funny punchline. And I am validated in calling Mr. Deegan Elanovan. Lord Sideburns is a little ditzy too. But they're having fun.
    It is a funny punchline. Though there's the fridge logic of Lars "Sideburns" Sturtz goofing off and taunting the demon that is possessing his son.

11. - Top - End - #1121

GnomeWizardGuy

It is a funny punchline. Though there's the fridge logic of Lars "Sideburns" Sturtz goofing off and taunting the demon that is possessing his son.
    That arc is a massive pile-up as the dramatic elements, comedic elements, and the "erotic" elements all horrifically smash together.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ettin in the Playground

I see Curly has discovered the wonders of the Inappropriate Ass Shot.

Oh, and yeah. Nimmel will later star in A Nimmel House. Which we named. And bombarded Mookie with enough emails to get the arc named that when we realised it had no name.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

13. - Top - End - #1123

Also, "A Nimmel House" is the arc where the fact that Mookie has seen breasts is a plot point. Kinda.

14. - Top - End - #1124

Deeganitis.
    Anyone who interacts with a Deegan, and is of second caste or higher (Lord Sideburns is an old family friend, so I name him second caste. Even though this is probably his only appearance) now acts flippant in the face of all danger to others because nothing can harm them.
    Sure, they might be temporarily iniured, but the might of the Dominus will make it so they can back as pefect as they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    That arc is a massive pile-up as the dramatic elements, comedic elements, and the "erotic" elements all horrifically smash together.
    Yeah. That's pretty much my opinion of this arc so far. Still got two parts though. I have some - I lie. I have no hope, but I don't think it can get any worse than the rest of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    I see Curly has discovered the wonders of the Inappropriate Ass Shot.
    Then I shall retroactively intiate an Innappropriate Butt Shot Count.
    Count: 1

Oh, and yeah. Nimmel will later star in A Nimmel House. Which we named. And bombarded Mookie with enough emails to get the arc named that when we realised it had no name.
    This site in particular, the hatedome in general, or the fandom in general?
    Either way, I'm fairly sure Mookie simply ran out of characters and remembered this one-page filler art and ran with it.
    Seriously, a white mage/black mage/Domnic Deegan crossover character. Meep.

EDIT:
    Also, "A Nimmel House" is the arc where the fact that Mookie has seen breasts is a plot point. Kinda.
    I refuse to accept this until I see proof. I don't even want to know how you can make it a plot point. Even if it is only a 'kinda' one.

And yet I know there'll be some. I'm upset.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-28 at 06:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Welf von Ehrwal View Post
    We know that Mookie did; that will become an important plot point in one of the recent arcs.
    Wait. Wait. What?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, when does Mookie go on about no longer being a virgin in comic?

...Did I miss some really bad news posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

16. - Top - End - #1126

Actually, I'm referring to this.

17. - Top - End - #1127

Actually, I'm referring to this.
    I am now sad.
    There are many reasons:
    topless women are marginally relevant to plot/character development.
    I read that news post.
    There is no scar over NImmel's eye. Iust an eyebrow.
    Nimmel looks emo teen as all kinds of hell. Especially with that hair covering his face.
    I still have six years of comic to read before I reach that page.
    The art doesn't seem to have improved.

Six. years. of. comic. to. go.

EDIT:
    read forward some pages. Emo hair is to hide artist's mistake. Hooray poor art.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-28 at 07:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #1128

NecromancerGuy

...Well, I know it's unfair, but I now find my disposition towards nudists harmed for having contributed to getting me exposed to that newspost.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1129

The Goons made me realize that what's-her-face's, erm, girly bits have escalated in mass since the beatdown began. It's stuff like this that gets me weirded out.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    News bits. September 28, 2010

Just some quick little news tidbits for today.

- I added some new photographs to my deviantArt gallery. More will be coming in the following weeks.

- A good friend of mine has started her own burlesque troupe and I'll be enthusiastically attending their debut performance. If you're not in the Boston area, do yourself a favor and plan a road trip for this one.

- Thanks to instant Netflix on my Wii I've had the opportunity to watch a fascinating program called The Atheism Tapes. Thoughtful stuff. Give it a look if you want to see if you can keep up with very intellectual conversations about God (or the lack thereof).

That's all from me for now.
    Rock on.
    2/3 of these are dedicated to his creeptastic hobbies. I seriously need to stop being surprised by this.

EDIT: Burlesque does not mean what I think it means, thank God.

EDITEDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Burlesque Theatre Website
    Prepare yourself for a SINFUL treat, Boston's newest, spookiest, horror burlesque troupe here to ENTERTAIN the DERANGED, The Slaughter House Sweethearts. Femme Bones, and those disturbed dreamgirls welcomes you all, but only if you're ready to scream, squirm, and beg for more!

Troupe leader Femme has a vision for burlesque, and that vision includes werewomen that HOWL, frankenbabes that redefine POPPING their stitches, and her own personal army of the most BLOODTHIRSTY, ROCK and ROLL, HORROR DIVAS to hit the stage! This is a show you do NOT want to miss!

We'll be featuring LIVE music by Jimi Halfdead and The Die-A-Longs, and zeroNegative to rock your faces, and The Slaughterhouse Sweethearts to rock the rest of you!
    OH GOD IT DOES
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-09-28 at 09:36 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

20. - Top - End - #1130

NecromancerGuy

Now, Zombie Prostitute was a good song and all, but, I think this is taking it a bit far and missing the point of it being played for comedy.

Then again, I guess you have to get kinky once you become so immune to boobs you cannae draw 'em.

...If only it were that easy to be evil...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-28 at 09:49 PM.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1131

Sneaky Gate's up. Here's a Future Link. I love how apparently Sigs is sitting on the tallest mountain yelling "KARNAK" over and over and seeing what he kills next.

22. - Top - End - #1132

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm starting to suspect that Karnak's really just the demon of cannibalism.

Seriously. He's always chewing on the scenery.
    Spoiler
    Show

AND THE SCENERY IS PEOPLE!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-28 at 09:53 PM.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1133

So, not only did we go through a flashback that was entirely recap, but there was a simultaneous flashback that might have possibly yielded us new information that we cheerfully ignored?

SWELL

Karnak really likes eating stuff huh.
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2010-09-28 at 09:53 PM. Reason: I WAS TOO SLOW
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

24. - Top - End - #1134

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    EDIT: Burlesque does not mean what I think it means, thank God.

EDITEDIT:

OH GOD IT DOES
    I thought a burlesque was a saucy oldey-timey variety show, where the greengrocer's daughter sings songs like "She sits amongst the cabbages and leeks" and "Whoops! I've landed on your artichokes!" Not gorn.

Re update: I love how Karnak's only reaction to these events is to wish whoever was shouting his name would just shut up so he can enjoy to random pointless cannibalistic slaughter in peace.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

Burlesque tends to be raunchy performances, often with an oddly juxtaposed theme - such as being farm animals or zombies. Or just Dita von Teese because she is Burlesque incarnate.

Oddly enough (or not really oddly, as it seems to be the way of the world), I again don't see what LaughingMan finds weird or disturbing about any of those hobbies.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

26. - Top - End - #1136

NecromancerGuy

Burlesque tends to be raunchy performances, often with an oddly juxtaposed theme - such as being farm animals or zombies. Or just Dita von Teese because she is Burlesque incarnate.

Oddly enough (or not really oddly, as it seems to be the way of the world), I again don't see what LaughingMan finds weird or disturbing about any of those hobbies.
    Kiddies, stay out. Also, the sensitive of stomach and sensibilities.
    Spoiler
    Show

Really, it just adds fuel to the idea that Mookie has a necrophilia fetish.

And we don't really want to think about Mookie's kinks.

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1137

Kiddies, stay out. Also, the sensitive of stomach and sensibilities.
    Spoiler
    Show

Really, it just adds fuel to the idea that Mookie has a necrophilia fetish.

And we don't really want to think about Mookie's kinks.

Pretty much, yeah.

Also, how long has Siggy been shouting Karnak's name?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

28. - Top - End - #1138

NecromancerGuy

For the sake of my amusement, I'm going to say, 3 months.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1139

Pretty much, yeah.

'Tis but an echo.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2010-09-29 at 12:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Panel 4 made me smile a little.

Panel 6 made me think Siggy's been replaced by an albino shouting gorilla perched atop the tentacle tree.