New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    How long does it take to get the second CG image for the SDM team, and are you supposed to have not done anything to its territories (as in no taking over/attacking) to get it? Also, what do you have to do to get song 42 to show up in the Extra menu?
    SDM's second CG is only obtained if don't capture the gate immediately after declaring war. The cutscene only happens if they still own the gate, and it takes a few turns after declaring war before it occurs.

The last song in the Extra menu is the theme for the game's extra-hard bonus boss battle, which is only available at the very end of the game on Hard or Lunatic mode. Which remix it is will of course spoil who the bonus boss is. The song will only appear in the Extra menu if you win the bonus battle.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

2. - Top - End - #302

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 50-51

Spoiler
    Show
    Another quick trip to the SDM gate brings us to a confrontation with Meiling. While strong at close range, she falls prey fairly easily to long-range attacks. She is capable of self-healing, though, so she must be defeated decisively.

We've got the gate's defense pretty low by now, but as I said earlier, there's a CG cutscene that can only be gotten if you wait on capturing the gate. So...we'll wait an extra turn.

The maids were cleaning the very long corridors of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. They made sure that not even a speck of dust remained in case visitors arrived at any time. The head of the mansion would tolerate nothing less. But although they were called maids, they were mostly fairies, and pretty much useless. The head maid, Sakuya Izayoi, was once again working extremely hard to pick up the slack of the maids she supervised.

Sakuya: Ahh, please handle that corridor. You, take that one, and you, wipe the soot off the light please.

The fairy maids scampered off as they received Sakuya's instructions. From a human's perspective, they were taking all the time in the world, but fairies simply did not know how to do things hurriedly.

My, this always happens...I suppose I shall have to make up for them.

The maids generally could not be counted upon, which meant that the SDM was mostly maintained by just Sakuya alone. She made that impossible feat possible through her power...The manipulation of time.

Whew...That should do it.

Anyone else looking at the situation would have seen the place cleaned up in an instant, but it was actually Sakuya stopping time and painstakingly cleaning everything, which left her considerably tired.

Fairies are useless no matter how many of them there are, you never know what youkai are plotting, and humans don't come here...If only there were 4 of me.

In the past, that dream was supposed to come true, courtesy of Patchouli's strange magic experiments...But it didn't turn out quite as planned, and it was a solemn reminder to Sakuya that there could only be one.

Well, I suppose I wouldn't feel comfrtable with letting anyone else handle my job either...so I shall do my best for Milady's sake.

Though she always mourned about how busy she was, there was no one who could match her standards of perfection, so being busy with all the affairs of the mansion practically became a status symbol for her.

Fairy Maid: Wah, wah, wahhh~! It broke! What should I do!?

Ahh, what's done is done...There's a spare in the storehouse, so grab the similar-looking thing and come back.

Okay, I'll be back~.

If she worked alone, she might well make more progress than the quantity-over-quality fairy maid brigade...Those thoughts continued to run through her head as she picked up the broken pieces of glass.

Here it is!

Exchange it for the broken one. Make sure not to break it from now on.

Even after giving out the orders, she still watched worriedly over the maid as she performed her task uncertainly. She couldn've done it faster herself, but she wanted to give the maids some work to do, at least.

Okay now...Ahh, it's already this time? ...Hey, you. Can you go and relieve Meiling of her gatekeeper duties? It's about time for her break.

Okay!

Sakuya watched the maid fly off, then continued cleaning up what the maids left behind. She passed by a window as she cleaned, which gave her a good look at Meiling frolicking in the flower garden outside.

...Good grief, does she even know what stress is? Perhaps I should teach her to work a little harder.

Ever since the Scarlet Mist incident, the Scarlet Devil Mansion had an unusually warm atmosphere. From Sakuya's standpoint, this was not a bad thing, but people should not lose their sharpness because of it.

The maids counterattack one more time, but just like Sakuya says, they're mostly useless. Master Spark wipes them out pretty handily.

Meiling: Hmm, I wonder why she called me up so suddenly? Maybe...maybe she's angry about the incident that just happened...Ahh, I don't want to go now.

Meiling was walking down the long corridors of the SDM, having been called over by Sakuya. She wasn't sure why...But after giving it some thought, she couldn't imagine that it was anything but the Yukari incident.

It may have been my duty...But it was the first time I've felt such a pressurizing aura...Ahh, but I definitely failed there...

Sakuya: Perhaps you understand better than I thought.

Wah!? M-Ms. Sakuya, when did you get here!?

She was grumbling as she walked down the corridor, when Sakuya's sudden voice made her stand up straight in fright. Sakuya herself had shown up at some point, and was now leaning against a wall.

Just now.

Were you stopping time in order to appear like that? What a weird hobby...

What did you say?

Oh, nothing. Anyway, I thought you wanted to talk with me at the parlour? Why are you here?

Ahh, I didn't think it was so important as to use that place. As for the matter I wanted to bring up...

Sakuya's sharp gaze was piercing daggers at Meiling.

This isn't aimed at you particularly. It should be aimed at all of the mansion's workers...Don't you think that you've been too loose in your work lately?

Too loose...So it's about the incident from the other day, huh?

That is part of it, but I saw you happily dancing around the flower field recently as well.

Wah, you were watching me...? I was on my break, so I was just relaxing and unwinding.

While that may be the case, one must always be on their guard as long as they are outside the mansion, regardless of whether they are on their break or not. Imagine what would happen if an enemy came while you were behaving like I saw you. They would be able to easily ambush you, wouldn't they?

That's...

There are a lot of times where dangerous intruders try to enter the mansion...like when Reimu and Marisa did so, and like the recent incident. It is worrying if our imperfect gatekeeper lets her guard down as she thinks there are no enemies around. It makes you no better than a placeholder.

......!

Meiling had been quietly listening to Sakuya's scolding, but her face started to stiffen as Sakuya's tone got worse. As someone who had protected the SDM's gate for ages, it was not something she could let go.

As long as you harden your attitude, Milady and I will have less to worry about, and I will not criticize you any further...That is all, you may leave.

Ms. Sakuya...I mean, Ms. Head Maid.

W-What?

Do you not thing that manner of speaking makes it sound like I am below you?

That was not my purpose...But is that not the truth?

...I was accepted by Milady, and given the duty of protecting the gate. Ever since then, I am very proud of the dedication I have put into my job. Yet, you used such a minor example to justify saying that I am "no better than a placeholder"...I simply cannot accept such a line of thought.

Are you trying to say that your work as a gatekeeper is perfect? I'm sure that even you wouldn't claim as such.

...It is true that I have weaknesses. But if you are putting the blame on me, don't you think that's disrespectful to the one who assigned me this duty?

Wha...!?

You said earlier that I would trouble you and Milady. Milady is an extraordinary case, but I do not think there is anything you can do that I can't.

...So in short, you are trying to say that I am weaker than you?

Ms. Head Maid, I do not think the difference between you and I is a matter of strength or power.

Oh really...

BGM: Tremors of Hostility

Sakuya and Meiling did not move even one step back from their confrontation. Both of them had their pride, and would not withdraw in this kind of situation.

...Stop beating around the bush. You basically do not accept me. Am I correct?

Milady accepted you, thus I have done so as well...What I won't accept is you looking down on me in disdain. That is all.

Then perhaps you should not act in a fashion that would invite such disdain.

It was obvious that their thinly-veiled snipes would not come to an end so easily. The short period of uneasy silence lingered, until a third party's voice broke the stormy atmosphere.

Remilia: ...Goodness, and I was wondering what the fuss was all about.

Milady! What are you doing here?

With the way you two were talking, even those who didn't want to hear you had to do so.

P-Please forgive me...

Neither of you will be happy if it's left like this, so let's finish this up quickly. Let's see you two fight each other.

Fight...each other?

It's the most appropriate way to decide who's weak and who's strong. I've decide that's what we'll do, so hurry up already.

...Milady, you just find this amusing, don't you...

The two quarreling parties faced off in front of the gate. Remilia had said that they should fight outside so they wouldn't make a mess of the mansion, though she insisted on the fight in the first place.

Remilia: I shall be watching the event, so go at it seriously. But don't go too far.

Sakuya: I would do so even if you weren't there, Milady...Meiling, I would never have thought that I would face you like this.

Meiling: I feel exactly the same...But I will not hold back.

Neither will I. Well then...Shall we begin?

BGM: Luna Clock ~ Luna Dial ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

Both combatants circled each other slowly, waiting for a gap to open. The tension was completely unlike what one would find in a spellcard rules battle. In an instant, the sielcne ended.

Tsk!!

She threw several of the knives she was holding at Meiling. Meiling easily knocked them all away, but in the next instant, Sakuya was right in fronte of her.

The knives were a feint...Just as I thought!

She predicted...Ugh!?

Sakuya had followed up her knives attack with a sharp spinning kick. But Meiling stooped to dodge it, and kicked upwards as she stood up, landing a direct hit on Sakuya's chin.

There!

Umph...You think that's enough!?

Eh...Uwah!?

Sakuya seemed to be flying in the air from the force of the kick, but she somersaulted, landed, and immediately threw out a powerful kick. Meiling tried to block, but the strength of the kick caused her to stagger back.

Oof...You didn't try to follow up, huh? It was such a good chance too.

I will not bite so easily. You were already preparing chi in the back of your palm in case I got careless, were you not?

...Heh, I guess that doesn't work in a real battle. And I practiced so hard, too...I should've figured that you'd see through it.

Perhaps I may not have mentioned this, but I am much more confident in my skills at a melee battle than a danmaku battle.

Is that so? Then that's an even bigger reason for me to beat you.

Heh heh...Have you not noticed? Your duty as a gatekeeper means that you are always prepared to fight many opponents at once. Your chi may be effective against several enemies at a time, but in a 1-on-1 battle, your attacking options are limited. I will confirm that for you right now!

Many knives formed into Sakuya's hands as she shouted. She then jumped backwards to open up distance, and threw several knives aimed above her. The knives stopped dead right above, then turned to point at her.

Tch...I can still handle this!

The knives took turns to fly towards Meiling, one by one. Meiling knocked them aside with the back of her hand as they came, but the knives that fell back to the floor would float back up and rejoin the pack.

You now have an endless supply of knives being thrown at you eternally. What will you do?

So your strategy is to wear me down? It is true that I won't be able to escape this without taking some damage...So as you wish...!

The hand that was meant to attack Sakuya released all the chi it stored, glowing a rainbow-coloured aura that slowly grew, swirled and enveloped Meiling. The barrier-like aura then began to swallow up the knives.

...I'll just take them all out!

Meiling began to float upwards as the swirl of light eventually caught all the unmoving knives into it.

Just as I thought...That is your only recourse when surrounded. And when you have your chi scattered around...You can't defend against what's in front of you!

Sakuya produced a single silver knife, and threw it directly at Meiling. Its trajectory and speed would make it land a direct, powerful hit on the mostly defenseless Meiling...or so, she thought.

I knew...you would...do that!

Ehh...!?

Meiling twisted her body, barely dodging the knife aimed at her. The right hand near her waist was once again beginning to absorb all the chi that was scattered about.

That was your intention all the while!? But you can't hit me from there!

And now...Haaaaaah!!

Meiling's tension reached its limit. Her chi-powered hand rotated to her front, and the chi shot out towards Sakuya. The invisible chi bullet grazed Sakuya's cheek, and hit the ground behind, leaving a gaping hole.

Impossible...Since when could you do this kind of move...!?

It didn't work...You're not so naive as to be beaten by that, I see.

Sakuya looked backwards, dumbfounded at the crater in the ground behind her. Meiling landed back on the ground and resumed her fighting stance with a bitter smile. Sakuya slowly turned back, with a similar expression.

...Not bad. To be honest, I've always thought of you as the "Unreliable Gatekeeper", but that estimation of your worth has ended today.

I'm glad to hear that...Should I be, actually?

Both of them had failed to land their killer blows, so the battle continued. They couldn't keep up their long range battle from before, and a melee battle would make it hard for either of them to avoid taking damage.

(...It would be difficult to hit with any thrown knives from now on, and I would be in trouble if I take a counterattack like that one directly...)

(...But based on her movements earlier, a careless frontal attack would probably earn me a severe counter for my troubles...)

With their trump cards lost, the staredown continued. Their bodies were tiring, and their movements were beginning to get sluggish. Finally, an intruder called them out from the world of their own.

BGM: Moon Rabbit ~Bathed in Moonlight~

That's enough!

...!? Milady!

Why must we stop!? I can still go on!

Both of you were never going to give up from the beginning anyway. Would you prefer this to continue on to the day, and see me burn to ashes?

T-That's...Understood.

Sakuya and Meiling both finally relaxed their posture at their master's order. It was true that continuing on would not have done anything, and there was a sense of relief that they came out relatively injury-free.

...So, how was it? Is everything cleared up yet? And I do mean everything.

...Yes, I'm sorry that you had to bother yourself with our personal problems, Milady.

It's my fault. All those things I said earlier...I take them all back.

No, I also said a lot of provocative things...I'm sorry.

That was such a waste of time...Ah-ah, I'm hungry!

I shall prepare something at once...Meiling, please continue to protect the gate. I will bring you some food later.

...Yes, you can count on me!

...Those who live in the same place, or even serve the same master, may not always share opinions. But it is when parties recognize and accept the differences that a mutual understanding can eventually be reached. Perhaps...Just perhaps, Remilia had foresaw this occurring, and stoked up the flames between them? Only Remilia herself would ever know...From then on, the two never had major problems with each other again.

Turn: 51
    Ouki: 14667
    Ryumaku: 62/92
    Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 310/310

Garden of the Sun
    Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 6

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba

Eientei
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
    Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

SDM Gate
    Army: Crimson SDM
    General: Hong Meiling
    Defense: 34/230

Great Library
    General: Patchouli Knowledge
    Defense: 195/195

Clock Tower
    General: Sakuya Izayoi

SDM Top Floor
    General: Remilia Scarlet (leader)

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)

Special Events:

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Hakugyokurou Hades
    Costs 12 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan

You asked, so here's an extra day with the second SDM CG cutscene. An awesome one, if I do say so myself.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

And Remilia has a moment of charisma. Too bad we're going to break it and her defenses later.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

4. - Top - End - #304
    Banned

Nice to see those two get a cool scene just to themselves. It is also nice seeing Meiling stand up for herself and be able to back it up. There isn't much to say, but seeing this really does make me happy.

5. - Top - End - #305

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 52

Spoiler
    Show
    The enemy's gate is down! Huzzah!

I've been using Medicine as a pseudo-tank lately. She can't really take hits that well, but while she's standing up front she can at least afflict any attackers with her special ability.

Anyway, sorry Meiling, but we're capturing your gate. Nothing personal.

Patchouli: Sakuya, the gate has fallen.

Sakuya: Oh dear, so Meiling wasn't able to defend it? If that is the case, then it is only a matter of time before they advance within here.

Yes, and we must not let them get to Remi. So I've come up with a plan.

My, what sort of trickery shall we be indulging in this time?

Don't be rude. It's merely a barrier that will keep Remi safe. The base points for these barriers will be at my library, and your clock tower. Thus, if you happen to lose to them, the barrier will still be able to function due to the base point here, and will keep the enemies out.

I see, and if Lady Patchouli falls before them, I will still be able to protect Milady. That sounds like a good idea, indeed.

...Anyway, let's set this barrier at once. Hopefully, we will both survive until the end.

Lady Patchouli, those words you spoke will now ensure that it does not happen...Furthermore, Reimu would be able to destroy the barrier easily, no?

I didn't forget about that. As long as the barrier is supplied energy from the base points, even if it is destroyed, it will regenerate in an instant.

I see, that sounds reassuring. Let us get to work on it then...to keep Milady safe.

A barrier has been erected, making the SDM Top Floor currently unassailable.

BGM: Pranked!

Patchouli: Hey, return that book right now!

Koakuma: Ahahahaha!

The normally-quiet library was graced this time with the echoes of Patchouli's shouts and Koakuma's giggles. Koakuma was returning a certain book to Patchouli. It was a magical grimoire that Patchouli herself authored.

I'm not having trouble breathing today, and my power is reacting well...It's the perfect weather for some magic.

Weather? The sun's rays can't even get to here!

Ultraviolet rays are the enemies of books. It damages hair and skin as well...Now, it's time to write down today's results...Oh dear, I'm out of ink. Could you go over there and get me some ink?

Okaaay.

Ahh...The calculations in my head will become fuzzy if I don't hurry. Have you gotten it yet?

(What a naggy magician...Hm, hehehe...) Yep, it's right here~. Hyah!

Wha-wha-wha!? Don't throw the ink like that! It'll spill and make a...

And that's mine!

Ahh! G-Give it back!

As expected, Koakuma had snatched Patchouli's grimoire and was flying all over the library. Patchouli tried to chase after her, but Koakuma was too agile to be caught.

Kyahahahaha! You should put down those books sometime and get some exercise like this, right~?

Why you...!

Over here~!

Koakuma purposely slowed her flight to give Patchouli a glimmer of hope, then swiftly evaded Patchouli's attempts to grab hold of her. She would then fly away, and stop and wait for Patchouli a little further away.

Ugh, she's making fun of me...And if I'm not careful with my magic, it'll damage the book as well...I'll just have to...!

Whoops...Hehe, trying to do a feint? That's not gonna work on me!

Patchouli kept trying to catch Koakuma, but Koakuma kept running away and waiting...It continued for so long, that both parties were beginning to tire of it.

Wooow...You're really persistent, huh. Is it really that important?

*pant pant*...O-Of course it is...Give it back...before my asthma starts up again...

Okay, I give up...I'll give back your book.

He, hehehehe.....How deliciously naive.

Huh...? Eeeeek!

Patchouli was entirely blue in the face, but she still had enough energy to slow lift her hand, which caused many lights to surround Koakuma. They sparkled with electricity, and kept her restrained.

Wait, what's going on!?

Hehehe...Did you think I was just chasing you around aimlessly? Since you don't seem to get it, I was setting up reference points for this barrier.

I-I can't move! Owowow...

Hehe, the more you move about, the harder it tightens...Now, just accept your fate.

I already told you I'd return the book~!

It's no use begging for your life...Hehehe...

Wah~!?

Patchouli's eyes began to glow scarily, perhaps from her fatigue and slight oxygen deprivation. She slowly trudged over to Koakuma to retrieve her book, when...

Eeeeeeep!?

In an instant, something like a squall flashed past them, and the rods that were used to bind Koakuma were sliced up. The figure then vanished.

What!? Who could break through my anti-trespasser barriers so easily...Oh. When was it your duty to get in my way, Sakuya?

Sakuya: My...When I opened the door to see this scene laid before me, I was just thinking that Lady Patchouli must've been up to something again...

Again? What do you mean, again?

Please don't tell me you've forgotten. Thanks to your strange magic experiments, no one wants to come here anymore, weird creatures keep flying out, and...

That's enough. The past should be left to the books, but the future is in the palm of my hand...Now, hurry up and return my future to...Ah?

Ahahahahaha! You talk way too much!

Ugh! I went to such great pains to catch her, and now she's gotten away again because of your meddling, Sakuya!

Ehh, it's my fault now!?

*sigh* Just return that book already! It's newly written, so I don't know what will happen...

Those kind of threats won't work~! ...Huh? Why is the book getting warmer...? Waaah, hot hot hot!

Koakuma quickly threw the book away at the first sign of abnormality. The book opened as it flew to the ground, and an unnatural being's face poked out of it.

Eeek! This is one of the residents from the other world!

...See? There's another weird creature.

Pop-up books are in vogue lately, I've heard.

Please don't be silly and deal with it quickly.

I-I don't know how!

Shall we send you over there along with it?

Please don't~!

But for the rest of the day, and for all the days after, Koakuma continued to play her little pranks that would infuriate Patchouli...No one knew when the little demon had decided to settle down here, but she was now completely a resident of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Turn: 52
    Ouki: 17805
    Ryumaku: 62/95
    Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior

Road of Reconsideration

Muenzuka

Human Village

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest

Eientei

Blossoms Barrier

Hakugyokurou Stairs

Hakugyokurou

Great Library
    General: Patchouli Knowledge

Clock Tower

SDM Top Floor

Yakumo Residence

Special Events:

It's sad how many Touhou fans forget she even exists, but Koakuma is just amazing in this game. Not only does she have a very distinct personality, but she's also arguably the #1 character for major boss fights. I know she was invaluable for me when I fought the bonus boss.

Anyway, we now need to decide where to attack next: the Clock Tower or the Great Library. We have to hit both eventually, though. Also, please dictate the pace for our attacks. Should we spend both actions on attacking, since we have 2 full teams? Or should we still attack once and develop once?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

Blitz the library. Given how useless the fairy maids seem to be, taking the library in one turn seems entirely possible, unless Meiling shows up.

Koakuma as a prankster doesn't make much sense to me though, why keep an assistant that's an active hindrance to actually getting things done ? Admittedly, a more mellow koakuma wouldn't get as much screentime. Still, feels off somehow given how she tends to portrayed as more professional and obedient in most other fanworks.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by IncoherentEssay View Post
    Koakuma as a prankster doesn't make much sense to me though, why keep an assistant that's an active hindrance to actually getting things done ? Admittedly, a more mellow koakuma wouldn't get as much screentime. Still, feels off somehow given how she tends to portrayed as more professional and obedient in most other fanworks.
    It's true that she's usually portrayed as such in fanworks, but canonically Koakuma is suppose to be a mischievous imp. ZUN flat-out said so in an earlier interview when asked by fans about her personality, since he didn't initially include any dialogue for Koakuma in EoSD. So while the docile Koakuma is more popular in fanworks, the prankster Koakuma is closer to ZUN's own interpretation of the character. That's because the docile version of Koakuma was already prevasive before ZUN came out with his description of the character.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like this portrayal, personally.

And yeah, blitz the library in one go like it's a lightning rod.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

I say go for the library, because Marisa will probably be "borrowing" some books afterward, and we do not want to delay that.

As for Koakuma's personality, I'm fine with an adorable looking prankster.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    It's sad how many Touhou fans forget she even exists, but Koakuma is just amazing in this game. Not only does she have a very distinct personality, but she's also arguably the #1 character for major boss fights. I know she was invaluable for me when I fought the bonus boss.
    If you're thinking the same thing I was doing against those bosses, then I support this statement so very much. Pretty luck dependent, but given the odds of those battles it's more likely than not to be a benefit.

For attacks, I'll go with what everyone else is saying: blitz the Library. Hopefully it'll fall to two attacks, and then we won't have as much to worry about for the SDM's counterattacks. We can take some time for the Clock Tower once we get to it though, since there's no way it'll go in one turn. We don't really have to worry about developing/Ryumaku just yet anyway, and I found there was a ton of time left to develop while attacking and stalling the Yakumos.
    Last edited by EifieFlare; 2010-11-24 at 12:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I support taking the Library in one turn. The SDM should be taken ASAP.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Count me in for attacking the library twice.

We'll need to get them both eventually, so no sense in being divided on what target to attack.

13. - Top - End - #313

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 53

Spoiler
    Show

Marisa: Heya, I'm comin' in.

Patchouli: Go home.

That's cold, yo. Where's your hospitality to guests?

I don't see any guests present. Just a thief.

That so wounds me deeply. And I came here just'ta return all the books I borrowed up till now.

Oh my...I wonder how cold it is in hell right now.

What, not gonna be thankful?

They're all the property of the library to begin with.

Why worry 'bout the small stuff? 'Sides, if I didn't take'em, they'd just have gathered dust. Books are only useful when they're spreadin' the knowledge around.

That would be something the caretaker of the library should say, not a common thief.

Geez, you're real harsh today. You're not normally this fussy over the small stuff.

That's likely because you weren't listening before.

Anyway, don't be so stingy, hey? You've got so many books 'round here, there's no way you can read 'em all...Well, a human and their lifespan couldn't anyway.

...Marisa, what did you mean by that?

Hm? 'Bout what?

I'm sure you've learnt Shashoku and Shachuu magic...If you used those, you could easily become a magician if you wanted...

...Ah, yeah, but I'm not gonna use 'em. I like being human.

Shashoku, the magic that makes food no longer required for survival, and Shachuu, the magic to stop one's growth. Once both have been mastered, a human can become a magician. Yet, Marisa refused to use them.

I've been a magician from birth, so I don't really understand your feelings...But I've always thought a human who wanted to be a magician was eccentric...And among that company, you stand out as being especially strange.

I can use magic, so I'm a magician. What my species is doesn't matter. After all, magicians live like...Oh yeah, Alice got real mad when I talked 'bout this.

Ahh, she's...That's right...she's the exact opposite of you.

Yeah...I guess I'm a real oddball, huh?

That I can assure you. I've never seen a human quite like you before. Though to be fair, this mansion does have quite an odd human as well...But what you said earlier is true. You're not a human or a magician, you're Marisa, and that doesn't change. At least, I don't think it does.

...Yeah, thanks. How'd we end up talkin' bout suh a long topic anyway? Let's just cut to the chase.

Mm...I'll be collecting payment for all the books you've borrowed. You shall feel the power of a magician from birth!

Only Koakuma and a few fairies join us for this fight. Koakuma's more of an annoyance than a threat in fights like these, so this isn't much of a challenge.

Master Spark steamrolls them pretty quickly, as usual. I tend to only resort to it if I don't like Marisa's initial positioning, and just hope she doesn't get hit beforehand. It's great when she starts at Medium distance from most enemies, as that'll keep her safe for Master Spark to be at full power.

Alice: Hello. Here's the book I borrowed a few days ago.

Patchouli: Ah, thank you for returning it. Please leave it on the table there.

All right...It's a little strange to be thanked for returning something I borrowed.

I suppose it is, perhaps I'm not used to such courtesies...I wonder whose fault that would be.

...I believe that person might be prowling around here as well.

No matter how cautious I am, or how many traps I set, she still gets away with the books she wants. The next time I see her, she's getting a good scolding.

...Just a warning, I don't think she'll just obediently listen to you...I know that best.

...It sounds like it's happened to you before, huh?

Mmhmm. Marisa is...human. She may look like you or me, but she doesn't ever worry about things like this.

Alice, why did you choose the path of a magician? YOu don't have to become a magician to use magic, after all.

...It's the same as you, I'd imagine. Even a magician from birth must stop her own growth in order to become a full-fledged magician.

I had not even thought about it. For a magician from birth like me, it was a natural process. Something that just happened. Something...normal.

It was the same for me. After being attracted by magic, studying it, absorbing all of it...It's natural to become a magician after, don't you think?

Is it natural for one who learns magic...to become a magician? It's certainly true that we had no doubts whatsoever. Certainly nothing like Marisa did.

...I think I finally understand what I was feeling then. I must have been...scared. Scared beause I was rejecting what I had become.

...Let's get started, shall we? I'm sure you didn't come here just to return a book.

Yes, it's time to answer the question I've always had. Let's find out right now...whether a non-stop learner of magic can match a natural-born magician!

All right! Now we get our killing stroke on the Library, and Patchouli is forced to meet us.

BGM: Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

Patchouli's Royal Flare is a serious threat if she ever manages to cast it. Her incredible WIS also makes ranged attacks from even your stronger attackers feel weak. She almost never starts at close range to your characters either, so you'll oftentimes have to first eliminate any fairies at close range before advancing onto her and targetting her terrible DEF.

To start things off, Yuuka's Violent Blooming super-charged our team to pulverize our foes quickly. Shikieiki was 1-shotting fairy maids, and everyone else was not far behind. Unless Patchouli started charging for Royal Flare and Koakuma immediately used Cute Trickster to move Patchouli up to go next, there was little chance of our losing this one. So win we did.

Turn: 53
    Ouki: 13162
    Ryumaku: 65/99
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior

Road of Reconsideration

Muenzuka

Human Village

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library
    Cost to Develop: 12

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest

Eientei

Blossoms Barrier

Hakugyokurou Stairs

Hakugyokurou

Clock Tower

SDM Top Floor

Yakumo Residence

Special Events:

As requested, we went for a double-attack on the Great Library, and managed to take it in a single turn. Now the question is what our timetable should be for attacking the Clock Tower. The cool part is, we've now earned our 3rd action for each turn! That opens up new ways to play our turns.

Patchouli is so...stacked.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-11-25 at 12:22 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

Woohoo, flawless victories! We can probably take the Clock Tower a bit slower now though, and the game might decide to start sending the named units too which could slow our progress. Seeing we don't have a third team to attack with anyway (I think?), feel free to develop/chat/whatever as necessary.

I guess we know what the artist's opinion of the "fat vs. endowed" argument for Patchy is.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Barbarian in the Playground

Assault/Assault/Develop seems to be the way to go for the moment since we have the numbers for it, as rounding up a third assault team from generics would just cost us the action and medical bills. Maybe after taking over SDM we could have a third team.

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    I guess we know what the artist's opinion of the "fat vs. endowed" argument for Patchy is.
    For want of a Letter, the meaning was lost ?
    Patchy looks a bit silly, did she stuff Sakuya's entire collection there or something?
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IncoherentEssay View Post
    For want of a Letter, the meaning was lost ?
    Patchy looks a bit silly, did she stuff Sakuya's entire collection there or something?
    Honestly, I find Sakuya to look sillier in her sprites. Did she ditch the pads and just go straight for massive implants?

17. - Top - End - #317

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 54

Spoiler
    Show
    We attack twice on the Clock Tower, and are met with mere fairies both times. SDM, I are very disappoint.

The fact that we can't even capture them makes it even more boring. Oh, how I can't wait for the difficulty spike that comes with the endgame...

Almost done with the Clock Tower. Here's hoping the SDM Top Floor is more of a challenge.

Won't anything more exciting happen?

Kaguya: Hey Eirin, hasn't it been even more boring than usual lately?

Eirin: Has it? I have been quite busy with many things myself.

No one has come to us even after we joined that youkai's game. It's far to much tedium than my lone self can contain.

Is that not a good thing? The best times are when there's nothing going on.

Since when did you become such a pacifist? I was hoping something would happen, but so far, joining that youkai's game has been meaningless.

I was against joining it from the very beginning, if you remember. So, what would you like to do, princess?

Hmm...If no one wishes to come to us, then we should go to them.

Are you serious, princess?

Of course I am. What are you trying to say?

Defending ourselves from invaders would be a just and worthy cause, but attacking them first wouldn't be quite the same.

I know already. Why do we need to be so reserved?

I believe it could make us stand out in a particularly bad way...But if you are so insistent, it shall be done. Tewi, please come here for a minute.

Tewi: Uh huh, you called, master?

Please go to the shrine and hand this over to the people there.

Understood. I'll be off then!

You were prepared for this, weren't you?

That is my duty, after all.

Tewi: ...So, that's how it is.

Marisa: What's how what is?

Reimu: It's a war declaration. From those people who hid the moon a while back.

So, now that we've discussed matters...Do you choose to...receive this letter?

What are you talking about? Didn't you bring it here?

I might be able to accidentally forget about bringing it here with a little incentive~.

You're looking for a bribe aren't ya, you swindler bunny?

How mean, I don't think I said anything that wasn't beneficial for you all~.

You're still taking advantage of the situation...Don't be silly. If they want to throw the first punch at us, we'll hit back three times as hard!

That's how it is, then. We accept the war declaration.

My, I see. Master also told me to tell you all to make sure your necks are ready, cuz they'll be on the line~.

Tewi then skipped at high speed away from the area.

That bunch hasn't learned at all from the incident they caused...We'll just have to put them down again!

...Ya know that's how she wants ya to react, right?

"Eientei Forest" - War has been declared.

Turn: 54
    Ouki: 15562
    Ryumaku: 65/100

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior

Road of Reconsideration

Muenzuka

Human Village
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest

Eientei

Blossoms Barrier

Hakugyokurou Stairs

Hakugyokurou

Clock Tower

SDM Top Floor

Yakumo Residence

Special Events:

Early update because of Thanksgiving and all.

It struck me as odd that Eientei would send Tewi, arguably the most unreliable and untrustworthy person in Gensokyo, to deliver the war declaration. Why didn't Eirin select Reisen to go, since Reisen is a whole lot more reliable and dutiful? But then it hit me: Eirin doesn't want to participate in the war! She'll humor the princess, but she'll also select the person more likely to conveniently "forget" to deliver the war declaration.

Regardless, I'm willing to spend thousands on defense, but not one Ouki on tribute!

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I think we ought to ignore Eientei for right now and focus on attacking the SDM. After taking the Clock Tower, I suggest we hit SDM Top Floor once and hope they don't recover from it (and that Eientei does not attack the Human Village).

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PKF995 View Post
    I think we ought to ignore Eientei for right now and focus on attacking the SDM. After taking the Clock Tower, I suggest we hit SDM Top Floor once and hope they don't recover from it (and that Eientei does not attack the Human Village).
    Doesn't a certain member of the Mansion join after you attack the Top Floor? I never really paid attention to joining times, but if that's the case, we may want to hold off on attacking the Top Floor until we have our full army ready to go. It'll be even better if she joins during the SDM's war/wait phase, since we'll have done 2 attacks that turn with no worries from her.

But if I'm completely wrong about when she joins and it happens on the turn the barrier falls regardless of whether we attack the Top Floor, then yeah go with what you said.

I agree with ignoring Eientei for now though. Even if they were to attack the Village and we don't defend, it's going to take several turns for it to fall anyway.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Banned

Yeah, let's just take care of the SDM before beginning to give serious attention to another front. No point in trying to do serious work on two fronts at the same time and Eientei is pretty half-hearted on attack, even compared to other factions.

I also find this Sakuya pretty amusing. She keeps playing dumb and using dutifulness as a veil to make fun of those higher in the hierarchy of the mansion than her. I don't think it is very canonical and it isn't very close to my understanding of the character either, but it is fun.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Playing through this game, Patchouli is WAY more friendly than I remember. In the fighting games and in EoSD she was pretty antisocial.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PKF995 View Post
    Playing through this game, Patchouli is WAY more friendly than I remember. In the fighting games and in EoSD she was pretty antisocial.
    True. Typically it's "Look at me talking when I have magic to do. Stop bothering me and go die in a fire. No, really, I can even help you with that last bit."

Edit: I will now read everything Patchouli says in GLaDOS's voice and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-11-25 at 11:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

Fans generally portray her as nicer than canon. Probably because there are limits to how much you can do with a character who is a grumpy shut-in who is hostile to everyone around her. Doesn't make for a very interesting personality. The fondness of portraying the Scarlet Devil Mansion as a rather friendly place probably also plays into that, canon Patchy doesn't fit with such a portrayal of the place.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Fans generally portray her as nicer than canon. Probably because there are limits to how much you can do with a character who is a grumpy shut-in who is hostile to everyone around her. Doesn't make for a very interesting personality. The fondness of portraying the Scarlet Devil Mansion as a rather friendly place probably also plays into that, canon Patchy doesn't fit with such a portrayal of the place.
    That, or the mansion as a whole is friendly, and people... just learn to avoid the library.

"That tunnel leads to the Great Library... we don't go there any more."
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    That, or the mansion as a whole is friendly, and people... just learn to avoid the library.

"That tunnel leads to the Great Library... we don't go there any more."
    Maybe it's because of the smell of musty books rather than the unexciting librarian, that or the constant break-ins by a black and white witch and guests would be caught in the cross fire.

I would believe that Patchouli's canon personality would be a person who prefers books to people, especially book thieves like Marisa.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Maybe it's because of the smell of musty books rather than the unexciting librarian, that or the constant break-ins by a black and white witch and guests would be caught in the cross fire.

I would believe that Patchouli's canon personality would be a person who prefers books to people, especially book thieves like Marisa.
    There are far more amusing personalities you can give her.

To wit: Minsc.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

27. - Top - End - #327

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 55

Spoiler
    Show
    BGM: Luna Clock ~ Luna Dial ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

Both Sakuya and Patchouli showed up for the final battle at the clocktower. For the first time in a long while, we were not able to wipe out everyone and score a 100% victory. Patchouli's exceptional WIS made her very difficult to damage, as most of our characters were blocked from getting close by the fairy maids. Even after Master Spark went off, most of our foes still survived.

Only Cirno was close enough to hit Patchouli, but her melee strenth really wasn't anything to be impressed by, so Patchouli got off easy. We do still get a victory, though, and since we only needed to reduce the Clock Tower's defenses by another 10, any victory would do.

Patchouli: Ahh, the barrier...All that time and effort will soon go to waste...

Sakuya: Ooh, my deepest apologies, Milady...

Marisa: All these sneaky tricks ain't gonna work against a direct assault and destroy, ya know.

Sneaky trick? It was a magnificent barrier.

A barrier's used when ya want to hide somethin'. If that ain't a sneaky trick, I dunno what is.

Reimu: Anyway, this is what's giving the barrier power, huh? ...There.

Ahh, the barrier...

Okay, it's just the boss left now! Let's go and take her out!

The barrier within the SDM has been broken, and "SDM Top Floor" is now available for attack.

Remilia stood at the highest location of the SDM, where one could view the entire sky at a glance. She was alone, the area was completely silent, and the wind brushed past her cheek and made her clothes sway. From the location, the moon looked massive and very red. The waves of lunacy it emitted rained down on the empress of the night, Remilia Scarlet. Her majestic figure basked in the blood-red rays of the moon.

Remilia: The wind is blowing again today...Ahh, that feels good. Considering how noisy it usually is, it's nice to be able to enjoy the calm of the dead of the night. I remember, back when I never went out at daylight and only had the servants to speak with, it was always quiet then...Such a stark contrast.

Now then, this is such a good opportunity to find out just what that gap youkai was planning...it's time to go a little wild, and figure it out from them.

Being the master and the head of the group, Remilia was forbidden from fighting on the front lines, and had not seen even a single battle unfold. With her expectations unmet, her frustration was at its peak.

I told Patchy there was no need for a protective barrier, yet she still erected one...Unfortunately, Patchy, I can't control myself much longer.

Her hands clasped behind her back as she gazed into the sky, as if waiting for someone to arrive. By chance, the sound of composed footsteps drew closer. She did not even have to turn to know who it was.

Sakuya: ...My apologies, Milady. Lady Patchouli's barrier has been destroyed by Reimu. It is only a matter of time before they attack here.

You were rather slow this time, Sakuya.

You were already aware of it, Milady?

Of course. I sensed the wavelengths of the barrier bursting and fading into nothingness.

Then may I ask why you patiently waited here, Milady? I would have thought that you would have happily flown out.

Do you think I'm an excitable puppy? Since you all took such great pains to set this up for me, I figured I would at least let you report what happened.

Milady...Such kind words...

After all, I must have a climatic and magnificent entrance onto the scene as befitting of my status. You and Patchy provided a fine opening act. And now, I can make my unrivaled and grand appearance just as planned.

...I suppose we were just the appetizers?

They go splendidly with the main dish...My, please don't make such a sad face. Your supporting role is still very important after all.

Ooh...That's enough already.

You're certainly not in a position to be impertinent either. Who was it who declared that she'd protect her master, yet lost to Reimu's army?

Ugh...Those words that pierced my heart were sharper than my knives.

Even while conversing with Sakuya with her back turned, Remilia's childish grin belied the sharp words from her mouth. Certainly, anyone besides Sakuya would have been shivering in terror at them.

...Well, at the very least, I am glad to see you unharmed and in high spirits, Milady.

Such meaningless words. They do not even make me think that you are sorry for your failure.

That is extremely regrettable. I can think of no other feeling more supreme than the sensation of protectin Milady.

Going too far with your words makes it even less believable. Do prove your words in other ways, if you would.

Yes, that is why I have brought your usual beverage with me.

Mm, such perfect mutual understanding. It does seem that no one else is fit to be my servant but you, Sakuya.

It makes me warm inside to receive your praise, Milady.

Perhaps we should go for a trial of guts again sometime. That would warm your insides quickly.

I'm not particularly interested in liver, I'm afraid. I shall be leaving now, please excuse me.

One short bow later, Sakuya returned to the mansion. The surrounding area was once again ruled by silence, yet the words from the earlier conversation continued to replay itself again and again in Remilia's ears.

...Goodness, Sakuya and I have certainly mellowed. I remember when we used to be as sharp as knives, hurting anyone who dared approach us...Ah well. Right now, with Meiling and her duels, Patchy experimenting somewhere, and myself with this wonderful view...It's more fun than before anyway.

For the first time, her gaze dropped from the sky as she turned her back on the moon and walked towards the mansion. Then with a quick swivel back to the moon, a thought came to her as she began to mutter.

That's right, I almost forgot about them. I'm sure they've noticed this place already...Perhaps it'd be more beneficial to perform the first strike.

With a small shake of the head, Remilia finally averted her eyes from the large, red moon, seemingly quivering under her intense gaze.

Sakuya and the fairy maids attack the Clock Tower immediately, and actually managed to put up a good fight this time. One of the maids was spamming Healing Prayer to recover several hundred HP for her entire group, while Sakuya delivered some remarkably strong melee attacks.

Due to the enormous amount of healing our foes applied, we failed to actually defeat most of them. However, the sheer amount of damage we dealt was enough to shift the battle guage in our favor, even if it wasn't a 100% victory.

Eirin: ...And that about sums it up. Let's do our best.

Reisen: *sigh*...I see.

Tewi: Ehhh...

Eirin had come to Reisen and Tewi to tell them of Yukari's troublesome event and Kaguya's desire for something to pass the time. Sure enough, the announcement left the jaded pair sighing.

What are those reactions suppose to mean?

Well master, it's basically yet another of the princess's games...For her to relieve her boredom, right?

Yeah, but we're the ones who end up doing all the work~.

It's not "another" of her games. And don't look so exasperated either.

Are you saying that you want to do this, master?

Tewi, are the rabbits prepared for action?

You couldn't answer me directly, huh?

My, no need to be so harsh. I am simply carrying out the princesses wishes...That youkai is certainly very suspicious though, so do be careful.

...Anyway, we'll try a bit, I guess.

That's not very reassuring. If my students act as such, it doesn't reflect very well on me.

...We'll try a little harder then.

Ooh, master, please leave everything to your humble student Tewi. It will surely be a smooth ride if you do so.

Make sure her pants aren't on fire.

Good grief, you two are really a handful...Anyway, that's how it will be, so I'll leave this place to you.

Eirin then returned to Eientei. Reisen could only look up to the sky through a gap in the overhead bamboo thickets and sighed.

*sigh*...I give up.

Huh, why did you sigh? That's bad, you know.

What's so bad about it?

The happiness I gave you disappeared along with your sigh.

When did you ever bless me with happiness?

It'll disappear when you notice it, obviously. And it was such a small amount that would be blown away by a light wind, too.

...Whatever. Could you go and assemble all the rabbits? They only listen to your orders anyway.

That's because I'm the oldest~. They're just normal rabbits though, I don't think they'll be able to do much.

What Tewi said was indeed true. If battle erupted against humans or youkai, they only had rabbits to defend themselves with. All they could really do was nibble at the enemies, and become stew for them.

Well, we could trick...I mean, convince some humans and youkai to help us out~.

Hm...That's kind of...

Or would you rather we face them all alone, hm?

That's...Oh, fine, do as you wish.

Yep, leave it to me~.

Tewi then did a little twirl, and skipped deeper into the forest and out of sight. Reisen watched her figure disappear into the distance, and looked up at the sky again. Her eyes narrowed a the sunlight...But that wasn't the only reason why they narrowed.

This is...Reminding me of that time...

Reisen turned away, trying to avert her eyes from the images in her mind that she didn't want to see.

Eientei attacks the Human Village soon afterwards, but our characters are completely spent at this point. We have no choice but to concede the battle.

Turn: 55
    Ouki: 15722
    Ryumaku: 65/105

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior

Road of Reconsideration

Muenzuka

Human Village
    Defense: 230/310

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library

Clock Tower

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest

Eientei

Blossoms Barrier

Hakugyokurou Stairs

Hakugyokurou

SDM Top Floor

Yakumo Residence

Special Events:

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Let's just continue ignoring Eientei for now and keep up our assault on the SDM. Even if we can't capture it in one turn, Eientei still has to go through 2 more unguarded attacks before we have to worry about the Village.

You could also alternate your defenses (if there are enough units after our turn) from SDM territories to the Village and back, since an SDM territory would also have to go through 2 attacks before being lost the next turn.

I'm sure it won't take so many turns that territorial losses will become a problem, but it can't hurt to plan for it anyway.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Firbolg in the Playground

As much as I want to go get Mokou, finishing off SDM is a good idea.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Banned

Yeah. SDM for now and then straight for Mokou. Keine is getting lonely without the hothead around.