New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Metro] Metropolis Character Registry

Character Registry:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    This thread ought to function as a registry for all characters who are regularly played in the Metropolis FFRP setting.

The registry takes the form of an ID card, which all Metropolis residents will likely have. A sample ID would look like this, bolded categories the typical things your character would have on his/her ID card:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Name: Normal Bland McAverage
    Photo: N/A (Use an avatar, perhaps?)
    Powers: Nothing out of the ordinary
    Reason in City: Acting average professionally.
    Announced Items: The average kind of thing!
    Self Description and other Data: In case that a photo cannot be procured, and in case of shapeshifters, please fill in other personal data here for security reasons. I'm pretty average.
    Address #: Oh, that average place.

This thread will function as a registry, and as a place for one to look up powers that have already been "taken" (by Metropolis guidelines, it is preferred that you do not give your character a power another player's character is already using, unless it's suitably different).
    Character Registry:

Power Registry:
    Spoiler
    Show

Metallokinesis | Tabitha
    Elasticity | Trilby
    Anamorphisis | Quartzite
    Bioelectrical Manipulation | Dorothy
    Wisp Form | Art
    Electricity Manipulation | Caitlin
    Crystalation Formation | Krystal
    Fear Gaze | Adam
    Forgettable | Johnathan
    Pain Manipulation | Apostle
    Technopathy | Tobias
    Wind Manipulation | James
    Unchangeable | Francis
    Javelination | Amos
    Super Speed | Johan
    Skelemorphisis | Markus
    Fungi Self Propagation | John
    LSD Pheromone Induction | Khiansa
    Telecommunication | Jackie
    Ghost Talker (Medium Rare) | Leslie
    Fictionless | Nicholas

If you're going to edit in new characters, edit them out, or delete posts, please do tell me via PM, so the registry doesn't get ruined. Thanks.
    What Kaela said. Now post your characters here.

Okay new rule, I will be assigning one power per character if your character has more then one power and it is not intuitively obvious which is the power you want to be registered as yours I will pick one of them.
    Last edited by celtois; 2010-12-18 at 09:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Metro] Metropolis Character Registry

Full Name: Tabitha "Tabby" Gibson
    Photo:
    Powers: Metallokinesis.
    Reason in City: Street cleaner! Prisoner, but still STREET CLEANER!
    Announced Items: Small toolkit, trusty pushbroom (Mr. Bristles), bag for collecting recyclables
    Self Description and other Data: I like tinkering with things! Right, Mr. Bristles? ... He says yes.

Address #: No number. Lives in disused section of subway station.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Full Name: Trilby Cat
    Photo: (But thinner)
    Powers: Stretchy, heals quickly, can hold things in an extra stomach
    Reason in City: My owner moved in, but couldn't afford to eep me
    Announced Items: A stylish red fedora, fitted for a cat
    Self Description and other Data: I can look like different kinds of cats and stuff, but I'm always black.
    Address #: Wherever people will feed me, or I can find food
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quartzite Cristol
    Alias: Quartz

Powers: Shapeshifting
    Reason in City: He gets petted in animal form
    Announced Items: None
    Self Description and Other Data: All forms he can shape shift into are pure white. Can only shape shift into animal forms.
    Address: None. Lives on the streets.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Full Name: Dorothy Ellen Williams
    Photo:
    Powers: Electrical blasts, limited teleportation, bioelectrical manipulation.
    Reason in City: Flipping burgers and picking pockets.
    Announced Items: Clothes, Handbag With Brick Inside™.
    Self Description and other Data: Too thin, lithe, free-runner/Parkour enthuiasist.
    Address: #77A Greenleaf Drive

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #6

Full Name: Art Foster
    Photo:
    Powers: Wisp Form - Art can turn parts of himself into a smoke like substance and recollect it back into himself if it does not stray to far from his body. If he becomes to emotional he will start to wisp without knowing. If his wisp form gets away from him, the area is gone, it doesn't come back. Not naturally anyway.
    Reason in City: Resident
    Announced Items: Saxophone
    Self Description and other Data: I like music, keeps me mellow, you know? Gotta keep a cool head.
    Address #: Somewhere to be determined later.
    Last edited by IcemanJRC; 2010-12-14 at 10:51 PM.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

7. - Top - End - #7

Name: Krystal Jones
    Alias: Crystalline
    Height: 5'1"
    Eyes: White
    Hair: White

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krystal is kind of on the small side. Her eyes have no pupils at all. Just pure white. Her hair is cut short, with her bangs hanging past her left eye. Her hair is very rigid. Because instead of hair, it is actually fine crystals. They kind of resemble fiber optic cables.

She wears white sneakers, blue jeans, a red tank top, and a blue jacket. She also wears a necklace with a small opal in it.

There is a small amount of scaring on her elbows, wrists, knees, and shoulders. This is a result of repeatedly pulling crystals out of herself. Her healing ability isn't enough to completely erase scars.

Mutation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can produce extremely strong crystals of varying sizes from her joints. Also has slight healing factor, since she can pull the crystals out and use them as weapons. She can launch the crystals a short distance. She can increase this distance with the addition of momentum, such as swinging her arm.

Side effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She can, at times, produce crystals by accident. Like when she gets surprised. Or sneezes really hard. Usually results in her looking kind of like a porcupine. But, once in a while, they can shoot straight out, causing much accidental damage.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She tries to be hopeful in Metropolis. She tries to help who she can, in any way she can.

ID Card info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Name: Krystal Louise Jones
    Photo:
    Powers: Slight self-healing, produce crystals from joints
    Reason in City: Brought in, prisoner
    Announced Items: Family photos, deck of cards
    Self Description and other Data: In case that a photo cannot be procured, and in case of shapeshifters, please fill in other personal data here for security reasons. Claustrophobic
    Address #: 12 Highburn Street.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2010-12-15 at 12:42 AM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #8

Full Name: Caitlin Bishop Aka. Lightning Lass

Photo: This but with blonde hair

Powers: Electricity Manipulation, Super Strength
    Reason in City: Prisoner
    Announced items: Wallet with a bit of cash, Street Clothes, Uniform
    Self Description: "I may not have come here willingly. But now that I'm here I'll keep the people safe. You can count on that."
    Address: None yet.

9. - Top - End - #9

Full Name: Adam Koehler
    Photo: To be made later.
    Powers: He can cause people to become fearful by looking them in the eyes, however they need to already be in an unbalanced state of mind for the power to work.
    Reason in City: Resident
    Announced Items: Clothes and an assortment of books.
    Self Description and other Data: Blond hair, gray eyes, and a thin scar on the palm of his left hand.
    Address #: 799 Greenleaf Drive
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2010-12-14 at 10:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Full Name: Johnithan Doevain.
    Photo: See powers.
    Powers: He's completely forgotten the moment people stop thinking of him, photos of him tend to come out blurred.
    Reason in City: Resident.
    Declared Items: Clothes.
    Self-Description: Average in every way, except if you screw with me I'll kill you and you won't even remember.
    Adress: None.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Apostle

I'm ditching the standard 'ID Card' format for this character, since though I assume he entered Metropolis through the usual way, he 'lost' his ID as soon as he got inside. He really doesn't intend to live a 'normal' life after all... what need has he of it? Better to live off the grid.
    Anyway:

Name: Apostle [real name unknown by most, registered by the (fake, and also hilarious) name of 'David Greengrass' but finding that out would require identifying him first - the photograph on the database is him in disguise]
    Appearance: A large, dark-skinned, brawny sort of fellow. Sorta handsome, but not really. Charismatic, would be the word. Shaved head, clean shaven face as well. Strangely enough has orange eyes. When using his powers the orange bleeds past the irises, turning his whole eye orange. When really using his powers, his eyes even start to glow orange. And orange smoke starts to pour out of them. Why? BECAUSE. Heavily tattooed, most notable are the dark serpents winding up his arms, the black lotus on his left shoulderblade, and the anarchy symbol on his right deltoid. Most of his skin appears to be scar tissue, especially on the forearms and back, where it appears to be the result of self inflicted wounds.
    Power: Apostle is gifted with incredible endurance, allowing him to survive things that would kill most people. Aside from this, he also has the ability to alter pain, suppressing it or enhancing it, making gaping wounds feel like but a scratch, and the tiniest of cuts or a mere harsh sound cause nearly unbearable agony, dragged on for hours. If he wishes, he can use his powers to permanently nullify the pain nerves in someone else, rendering them incapable of feeling pain. Or he can do the opposite, and make them hypersensitive to it. Fun fun fun. Requires some effort though, and can be resisted BECAUSE GODMODDING IS BAD HERP DERP. Notably, he doesn't seem to use his powers on himself. Probably because if you need powers to deal with pain, you probably deserved that pain in the first place. Further explanation here.
    STUFF: Has a messiah complex. Runs a 'cult' (which is really more like a gang) in Metropolis, where he sets himself up as the only escape from the endless suffering and hardship... as long as you work for it. Exchanges pain nullification (in varying degrees) for servitude. Some of his top NPCs (and maybe top PCs as well... we'll get to that point) are completely immune to it... but only as long as they continue to prove their worth. Gang actions would involve general gang stuff: beating up other gangs, protection rackets, drug dealing, theft, and SECRET PLANS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Full Name: Dr. Tobias 'Deadite' Derringer
    Photo: Full Body-
    Spoiler
    Show

Close up face-
    Spoiler
    Show

Powers: Technopathy, Regeneration*
    Reason in City: Dr. Deadite volunteered to come to Metropolis to try to stop the tide of chaos. Of course, they were forcing him to go anyway. No one likes having a zombie around, especially one who can innately control machinery.
    Announced Items: Medical Supplies in a Doctor's bag and a couple of scrounged tools. Oh and he always carries a needle and some strong thread.
    Self Description and other Data: No one knows if he was a doctor who died and came back (through sheer willpower... no necromancy here), or a zombie that somehow graduated with honors (stupid censoring) from a highly prestigeous medical school. He doesn't talk about his past. What people do know, is that he can make computers and machinery, anything electrical, all but sit up and beg. Which makes the Government nervous (he was banned from being within 100 feet of any voting booths in the last election, fat lot of good it did, since he still voted for the other guy. Five thousand times.).
    Address #: 19 Mercy Medical Plaza, Basement (the old hospital, abandoned)

*By regeneration, he can reattach severed limbs, missing organs and skin. Thread, tape or staples are usually involved.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Full Name: James T. Price
    Photo:
    Powers: Wind manipulation
    Announced Items: Black Comb
    Self Description and other Data: Claustrophobic.
    Address #: 7777 Shadow Street
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

14. - Top - End - #14

Full Name: Doctor Francis Evan Farcy

Photo: Nope.

Powers: Super Stubbornness: Can heal from anything except that which would dry him out completely and is resistant to anything that might change him. He won't age, needs more drugs or alcohol than usual to be affected, it's harder to mentally mess him up, he could work out like insane and never gain any muscle, stuff like that.

Precious Bodily Fluids: If you're messed up in some way, and he touches you with any of his precious bodily fluids, you'll go back to what would be normal for you. If you're not messed up, you get to experience...

Overheals: Whatever part of you he hits will become like him. I figure that this would mostly just be a painful and exhausting experience with one of your body parts suddenly growing or shrinking, unless you're quite similar to his body type.

Reason in City: He's a dude with a superpower? Seems as if most people are using this for Profession, as well, and he'd be a doctor.

Announced Items: Medical supplies, a couple of changes of clothes, pocket recorder; Later Items: More medical supplies, samples of various mutants that he's gotten from work, a super soaker that he's trying to talk himself into filling with his own urine.

Self Description and other Data: Tall, scarecrow-ish, short black hair, goatee, glasses, usually wears a suit with a hat or just your average doctorin' getup, usually carrying a medical bag, which is filled with a lot of the usual stuff, plus a bunch of vials and syringes filled with various fluids from himself.

Address #: 12 Highburn Street, Apartment 2B

Personality: Bitter about losing a fairly awesome, if self-centered, life. Arrogant about being a medical genius. Plenty self-confident and self-contained, except for when it comes to mutants, a subject which is unfortunately quite prevalent, here. He doesn't disagree with the decision to make Metropolis and toss all of the mutants in there. He's just dismayed that he happens to be one of them. He has a large desire for recognition, so he hates that being a mutant has branded him as something beyond the amazing doctor he is.

He understands objectively that he's better than normal humans, so he wouldn't be trying to change himself, since he figures that he'd never be able to lose the stigma of being a mutant, but he is a large fan of the idea of curing other mutants. He is the sort of person who prefers action to debates, so he has no problem with determinedly performing any controversial actions before talking things through with anyone. He hates explaining things to idiots and would be quite protective with anyone that he'd consider something approaching his level of intelligence or efficiency. Although people skills are not his strong suit (Hmmm... How about a character with a powered armour suit that somehow conveys people skills?), he is all about thoroughness and contingency planning.

Backstory: Born as well as raised in a rural part of the Southern United States, he quickly displayed his high I. Q. and sped through various schools, with the last few ones probably being some kind of well-known. His family was of the blue collar and proud of it sort, and he was never really very close to them, once he got out on his own. He grew to resent them, when it seemed as if they only wanted to mooch off of his success, and he eventually cut off all ties to them. A relative of his showing up in Metropolis could be interesting.

Anyways, when he first developed his powers, he got into a lot of trouble via always thinking that it was the same day, until he figured out that he had some kind of amnesia. He started leaving himself notes, and some people helped him out by explaining things to him, until he discovered his healing power, probably via accident. Now, before he goes to bed, he puts a drop of his blood in the glass by his bed, since that's something that he'd routinely and immediately drink. The blood, separated from the rest of him, apparently can restore his memory up to the point at which it was taken from him. He'd probably keep a bunch of vials of blood scattered around with notes to himself, just in case.

People mostly felt sorry for him, when the amnesia struck, but once they became aware of his healing power, he got dragged to Metropolis. Having lost everything, he went a little mad (He'll show them, show them all!).
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-18 at 09:38 PM.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

You may recognize this from SupersITP, during the summer of this year.

Name: Amos, Javelin XIII
    Powers: Limited Shapechanging
    Reason in City: Honorable Discharge Resettlement
    Announced Items: N/A
    Self Description and other Data: TOP SECRET:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance: Amos is about a foot long, not including his tail, with stark white, short fur and shocking green eyes. Did I mention he is a cat?
    Costume:... it's an effing cat, it doesn't wear clothes.
    Personallity: Amos can be annoying, but he is very affectionate and careing most of the time. Despite his years of near slavery to the United States military, Amos tells many jokes and generally acts like a cat around people he doesn't know well. Every morning he has coffee, a testament to his human characteristics.
    History:
    6 YEARS AGO, UNDISCLOSED LOCATION, NEW MEXICO:
    [Experiment- I/ Target- Human/ Codename: Javelin I/ Result-Failure.]
    After another eleven experiments similar to the one described above, the military succeeded in creating a 'living weapon'. The Javelin project was a pet project of the military commander Colonel James Amos. The goal was to create a being that could alter it's own structure into a weapon for use by others on the battle-field.
    The first twelve experiments went terribly wrong. Then the Colonel decided to use a cat in place of a human subject after that, to spare human lives.
    Javlin XIII, a.k.a. Amos (named after the Colonel), was the first successful living weapon. After an undisclosed incident in the South Pacific, Colonel Amos found it fit to give Amos the Feline an honorable discharge for his services to the American people, shortly after which he was relocated to Metropolis.
    Powers:
    Communication: Javelin XIII has the ability to commune mind-to-mind with any sentient creature within eye sight of him. The target may commune back, as simple as if it were via a telephone. Javelin XIII's voice (inside the target's head), sound like that of a seven-year old boy.
    Alteration: Javelin XIII can turn into a 7 foot long spear at will, the same color as his fur. The spear cannot operate without a wielder, however. The majority of the spear is carved ornately with the likeness of an albino panther. The spear is exceptionally light-weight, and can be used as a, no pun intended, javelin. The spear is suprisingly durable for it's weight, but any damage done to the spear breakage of shaft, blade, etc.) will cause damage to Amos when he reverts back to cat mode.
    Intelligence: For a seven-year old cat, Amos is suprisingly intelligent, with an IQ slightly above average for an adult human.

Address #: N/A
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

16. - Top - End - #16

SolithKnightGuy

Full Name: Johan Ericksen a.k.a. Mach 1.
    Photo:
    (He's Danish BTW.)
    Powers: His metabolism is about 50% faster than a normal human. This results in super-speed and amazing reaction time, but he ages more quickly and must consume large amounts of food. (He's quiiiick.)
    Reason in City: He had hundreds of delinquent speeding tickets, on foot. He spent all the money he was making on food and basic needs, and couldn't pay them. (Working as a delivery boy now.)
    Announced Items: (nothing upon entering city) A metal pipe and specialized impact sneakers.
    Self Description and other Data: Ilikesthepizza. Itisyummy. Lotso'carbsoI canrun.
    Address #: Currently Couch surfing

Backstory: Johan was born strange. He grew up physically very quickly but in all ways seemed otherwise normal. At first doctors diagnosed him with mild Werner's syndrome, but in high school it quickly became clear that something else was going on. He had always been preternaturally quick and so he joined his school's track program, but once he began to purposely train to run he gained ridiculous amounts of speed. He quit the track team and tried to hide his powers but eventually they became obvious. Now he runs the streets of Metro. He has continued to develop his powers and had taken parkour to incredible levels. He heals quickly and develops muscle mass easily, but he knows that time can't be outraced and it will catch up someday, soon.
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2010-12-17 at 09:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Full name: Lech Franciszek Bojarski
    Photo:
    Powers: None. Skilled in chemistry, mechanics and gun modification, also a decent shot with a gun.
    Reason in city: Claims to be looking for someone.
    Announced items: Basic items such as clothing(he tends to wear grab grays and browns), a Magnum .357, an assortment of chemicals, weapon and mechanical parts, a set of lockpicks.
    Self-Description and other details: Lech comes from Poland, which is currently at war with Russia, caused by a clique of powered people assuming power there. He won't reveal the reason for coming to the Metropolis of his own free will. He very clearly doesn't like the supers very much. He's had some run-ins with the law back home.
    Adress: None yet.
    Last edited by Morty; 2010-12-16 at 12:46 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Full Name: Sergeant Markus Armstrong
    Photo: N/A
    Powers: Bone Manipulation, Healing Factor
    Bone Manipulation:
    Can alter skeletal form to protrude bone spikes from skin. He can create knuckle spikes, spears, bolts and can even shoot the spikes at high velocity from his body. He can also cause the spikes to grow out of his torso in a defensive porcupine sort of way. His bones are also slightly denser and harder than normal human bone.
    Healing Factor:
    As bones grow through is skin and leave holes they heal themselves up. He also seems to be slightly more resistant to falls and blunt force trauma. This is odd because he is still susceptible to everything else and wounds caused by things other than his bones seem to take just below average healing time.
    Reason in City: Turned self in to the MP when he realized what he was.
    Announced Items: Case of cigars, lighter, 2 military uniforms, 1 pair of civilian clothes.
    Self Description and other Data: Grizzled old military veteran. Already has a few gray hairs poking in at the young age of 37. About six foot three, broad and muscular with black hair. Usually wearing a torn up old military uniform and smoking a cigar, bad habit but it helps him deal with stuff.
    Address #: N/A
    Last edited by ApeofLight; 2010-12-16 at 11:47 AM.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

John Phelps
    Photo: N/A
    Powers: Never dies, or at least always gets better.
    Reason for being in the city: Moved in just before they started to round up mutants and force them into the city.
    Announced items:A large knife, several large boxes of books, a few other personal items.
    Self-Description and other details: He stands about 5'6" with a very square chin and strong forehead. He has dark brown hair that is a bit shaggy. He has a strong build and looks to be in good shape.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Metropolis Metahuman Database, File TH#1138-42A

Full Name: Khiansa Sokolova
    DoB: 29-Feb-████ (Age 17)
    Photo:

Photograph taken post capture.
    Powers:
    • Constantly produces complex organic compounds of unknown composition - studied samples show similarities to pheromones secreted by a number of animal species, only much more complicated. Secreted pheromones have demonstrated minor mind altering - even hallucinogenic - effects when inhaled or absorbed through skin contact. Exact effect of pheromones vary - suspected to be result of conscious act of will on part of subject. For full list of displayed effects to date please refer to File #124T. Subject is seemingly immune to the effects of produced chemicals
    • Subject has displayed ability to render himself, and an additional mass of roughly 100 kg, intangible and able to pass through solid objects. Subject is not capable of remaining intangible for a duration longer than he can hold breath, and has displayed no ability to date of being able to pass through, or render intangible, materials with a density of more than 10 g.cm-3.
      ((Density limitation confirmed as of Test #1267B, following Incident #52A. Heh. Who would have known that we put lead inside of our bullets these days?))

Announced Items: Clothing. All other items confiscated upon capture.
    Self Description and Other Data:
    • Constantly wears heavy winter clothing, even indoors. ((Um... duh? It is winter. Maybe you haven't noticed, but it's freezing this time of year.))
    • Due to unusual biochemistry, subject has demonstrated increased susceptibility to a variety of foreign substances, including alcohol, nicotine, sedatives, anesthetics, painkillers, narcotics, hallucinogens, antidepressants and the like. ((For full list please refer to the results Test #1267C)). In case of medical emergency, it is recommended that medical professionals administer no more than one-third of standard dosages, even if ((Hell, especially if)) lowered dosage does not produce adequate results. ((We're serious here. DON'T DO IT.))

Address #: Currently homeless.

[hr]
    Last edited by Dr. Josef ███████ : ██-███-████ at ████
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-16 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Photo:
    Full Name: Wess Klein Parker
    Nickname: Rookie or Rook for short
    DoB: September 16
    Powers: None, Unless You Count Metro Law Enforcement Training, a Mechanical Engineering Degree (Pre-Law), and a Law Degree as Powers
    Reason in City: Currently Serving As A Law Enforcement Officer
    Announced Items:*
    Sidearm: SIG Sauer P226 Combat (With attached TLR-2 light/laser pointer)*
    Suppressor for the sidearm
    Various clothing including shoes
    A case of books
    The Standard Metro Cop Gear *(Kevlar bullet-proof body armor black-tinted with his name spelled out on a nametag sewn to his armor's right chest pocket(Interceptor style body armor with outer forearm and upper arm body armor and full leg armor, in all his body armor he looks like a SWAT trooper or a PK from Mirror's Edge), handcuffs, Kevlar bullet-proof helmet black-tinted, two flashbangs, handcuffs, combat boots (steel-toe with high edges), a taser, a black-tinted pair of insulated gloves that fluids cannot pass through)
    A Portable Computer Carried in a Suitcase (Usually not carried on his person and left in his apartment for contact purposes and work)
    Wallet
    Silver Rolex Watch
    Aviators
    Earpiece (Communication System, Transmitting and Receiving)
    Handkerchief
    Pens
    Key to Apartment
    Assorted Papers
    Whatever else is issued to him to perform his tasks.
    Self Description and Other Data:
    Eyes: Blue
    Complexion: Tan
    Heritage: Asian
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Hair Color: Charcoal Black
    Facial Hair: None
    Other Facial Traits: Chin Cleft
    Other Identifying Marks (tattoos, scars, physical abnormalities): None
    Trained to Metro cop standard. (Skill in knife fighting, eagle claw (hand to hand preferred fighting style), and weapons handling along with other KGB style stuff.) Holds a degree in law as well as mechanical engineering (since he took four years of mechanical engineering as pre-law then entered law school).
    Address: In Metropolis: 153 Washburn Avenue Near the Police Station
    Apartment #13 *(an apartment, if you can call it that, paid for by the government in an apartment complex that houses exclusively policemen)

Backstory:
    Wess was born down in tropical region along the planet's equator. He attended gradeschool surviving with a 3.9 GPA (curse you evil chemistry teacher). He was involved in various sports and quickly demonstrated an aptitude for fencing, tennis, golf, and shooting. He attended college at quite a young age, around 14, due to an accelerated aptitude for learing, after which he was tested yet again to determine whether he was a mutant or not. The test returned negative, and Wess continued his academic pursuits. He graduated at 18 years of age with a degree in mechanical engineering. At 22, he finished his degree in law. Needless to say, in order to obtain these two degrees, he took a class load which was over the norm and rarely found time to sleep. Wess had no social life at the university, but he continued to practice the sports he had already learned for that time, with the edition of war games for fun. It was at this point that he decided he desired to serve in the military of his nation, but he would push it off until he obtained his degree. Upon the completion of his degree, he was promptly shipped to Metro to serve as a policeman in the particularly dangerous city, seeing as there were no wars currently occurring in his country that required his services in the military. He is a rookie, but is quickly learning just how brutal and powerful he can be from his seniors.

Personality: Bold, demeaning, and cold towards anyone he doesn't know. His notions of how to properly conduct warfare are categorized under General Sherman's total warfare notion. Wess grudgingly believes he is "helping" people, and he cares as much for the supers as for normal people but perceives supers as more of a threat. He hates everyone almost equally. He is very loyal and honorable, but he will do anything to accomplish a task assigned to him. He is confident in his abilities and will often use his wit and intellect to solve his problems when he is outclassed in fighting, which happens quite often in Metro. He relies on the other cops to support him, and generally sticks with a squad and employs squad tactics. He is very intimidating and regimented. He is additionally easily offended. However, he is actually quite kind and compassionate once one eventually becomes a friend of his, which is quite difficult for a super, or any other human really due to his tendency to push people away from him so that he can kill anyone if necessary without feeling guilty, if the mission calls for such an action. This leads to him being described as ruthless. He will strike down anyone and everyone who stand in his way. This can be attributed to the fact that he is a great rookie and is following closely in the footsteps of the senior Metro cops.

Other:
    Tone: Commanding and intimidating within the range of a tenor.
    Favorite Song: I Fought the Law
    Favorite Novel: Puddin Head Wilson
    Favorite Quote: "I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" *
    -Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry (1971)

Active; Healthy and Fit for Duty; Passed Physical Tests and Mental Examination; Now Chipped by the Department for Monitoring and Assistance
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2010-12-18 at 02:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Name: Jackie Ashford
    Photo: That's not a duster, it's a raincoat.
    Powers: Telecommunication. Can listen in to phone/radio/etc, even sometimes speak over said telecommunication with effort.
    Announced Items: Raincoat, electronic repair kit (works as repair-technician for household appliances).
    Self Description and other Data: Wings are not flight-capable.

Address #: Room 24, #12 Highburn Street
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Full Name: Penelope Danvers

Age: One never asks a lady. And I AM a lady. (Personnel file says 29.)

Photo:

Powers: none

Reason in City: to provide counseling and/or medical treatment (psychologist/psychiatrist)

Announced Items: briefcase, small menagerie of animals, lots of boxes (office supplies, decorations, etc)

Self Description and other Data: Penelope Danvers is a well-respected professional in her field. A thorough background check reveals no criminal record, no scandal, only consistently high grades and involvement in several community organizations. No family. No friends. Has worked with everyone from struggling married couples to psychopaths. Has a quiet, soft voice - the woman oozes calm.

Address #: in an apartment above her office - 421 Peabody Avenue
    Last edited by Diva De; 2010-12-17 at 11:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name: Leslie Lucas
    Photo:

Powers: Medium, partial incorporealness, minor levitation.

Reason in city: Prisoner

Announced Items: A cane, few nonspecific personal items.

Self Description and other Data: A young man with some remarkable talents. He never thought of himself as a mutant or having a super power. He could pretty much always sense spirits, as he got older he learned to communicate, and started to gain more powers. Soon he could make himself levitate a few inches off the ground, and even become somewhat insubstantial much like the ghosts he could talk to.

He is usually pretty cheerful despite living a fairly hard life, with his powers manifesting at a young age. And born with a left leg that never worked right, he always walk with a limp and the support of his cane.

Address: Random street with his grandfather.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #25

Full Name: Nikodem Augustyn Bojarski, Alias: Slick

Photo: Nope.

Powers: No friction. He has to wear double layers and be very aware of his center of gravity, since anything he touches loses its friction for some unspecified amount of time (it wears off at the speed of plot, I figure). He mostly uses it to slide around and be difficult to catch, but he can also use it to make blows a lot more glancing, or as an attack to make people fall down. Since he's a dimwit, there are plenty of applications for this that he hasn't thought of, and I'm wanting his powers to develop into including lots of other things. He just needs to actually practice and such.

Reason in City: Being a horrible mutant. He tried to hide his powers but failed horribly on the second day and was turned in by a football teammate.

Announced Items: Large backpack filled with changes of clothes, a GameBoy and, tragically, only a couple of games, photos of family and friends, that the evil government snickered while taking him away from, a wallet filled with as much cash as his parents could spare him. Unannounced Items: A longknife and a grappling hook and rope that he scrounged up after being tossed inside.

Self Description and other Data: Tallish, gangly, but a decent amount of athleticism rounds that out a bit, brown eyes that lack much fire, short and ruffly brown hair, some kind of black body sheath under your average t-shirt and jeans, two pairs of gloves, a black bandana that he thinks makes him look pretty cool.

Address #: In a refrigerator box in some tunnel in the Metropolis Travel Network.

Personality: Fairly dim, but is idiotically idealistic and loves the idea of using his powers to become a comic book hero. He'd prefer hanging out with the younger crowd. While around older types, he'd try to keep up an insolent and indolent demeanor, but he'd be fairly easy to cow.

Backstory: Born to Lech's family (a character eight characters up the page) as a younger brother for the guy, he hadn't had much of a chance to make this an interesting backstory. What he considers to be his tragic backstory, though, is that he was really into football, was on a team at his high school and was pretty much set on becoming a professional, but when he developed his power, he found that friction is quite useful for sports (as well as other, less important stuff). Quite mortified, he tried a few excuses for why he seemed to have lost his interest in it, but a rival player easily figured out that he was some kind of messed up mutant, and the guy turned him in, making a large deal about how he could have somehow been sabotaging people's games. Parting with his family was tearful, but, being some kind of idiotic optimist, this guy is plenty excited about being off on his own.

Miscellaneous: For powers to be developed ---> Super friction, giving him the ability to slow himself down more easily, as well as to just stick people or things in place. Later, the ability to mess with other things from physics class. Decreasing something's mass, to pretend like he has super strength. Stuff like that.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-19 at 06:49 PM.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Full Name: Ikako Temari
    Photo:
    Powers: can change the colour of skin, and spit ink. lips can secrete toxin
    Reason in City: being a genetic freak
    Announced Items: clothing, a cellphone,
    Self Description and other Data: tentacles an sprout from scalp. ink is diffused in the air, and can be noxious
    Address #: 1213

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show