Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 73

Spoiler
Show
BGM: Roll Back ~From Now

Young Alice: You're finally here! I'm gonna beat you all up really bad!

Alice: Ah, my dolls...!

Ehh, this is your house? Uh...Hmph, I'm not gonna say sorry!

(...What's with this kid...? It feels like I know her from somewhere...From a long, long time ago in fact...)

Why'd you get all quiet?

Ehh? Ahh...It's...It's nothing. Now, be a good girl and return my dolls to me!

No! If you want it back so bad, come and take it!

Fine then, I'm not going to hold back!

Little Alice bravely defends the Magic Forest Interior against a whole hoard of attackers. I almost feel sorry for her.

BGM: Black Tortoise ~The Seven Northern Mansions~

To answer an earlier question, I believe mooks start with a base level that's unique for each army, and then gain additional levels after every few turns. The rate at which they gain levels is different depending on which difficulty level you're playing on, and possibly which army they belong to as well.

Chibi Alice has an ability that was absolutely broken in earlier versions of Sengoku Gensokyo. In the current version, all it does is tack on extra attacks each time she attacks, up to 3-4 times (although usually just 1 extra attack). However, in the original game, a bug caused her ability to trigger over and over again until the target was dead, thus making her ability a really long OHKO move.

With two successful attacks, though, the Magic Forest Interior returns under our control.

BGM: Roll Back ~From Now

Young Alice: Wahhhhh! Why doesn't my magic work...! I'll remember this~!

Alice: Ah...Wait...!

...? W-What, if you're trying to get in my way, then...Ah, but...your dolls were really cute...That's all, goodbye!

Ehh...? Ah...

Reimu: What's going on here?

Marisa: That girl somehow reminds me of you. She's definitely got the conceit part down pat.

Are you calling me conceited!? ...Ah well, it's all probably just my imagination. Don't mind me.

You're weird.

(What is this feeling...It feels like I'm looking at myself in a mirror. But...)

Hey, we're gettin' ready to leave.

Yeah...I'm coming.

(...See you again, my other self.)

Shinki: .........

Shinki had been walking back and forth along the same path for a while now. She wasn't doing anything, or thinking of anything...she was simply bored.

I'm so booored! Bored bored BORED!

Of course, she could repeat it all she liked, but nothing would happen. Starting with her attendant, the maid Yumeko, all the main people had went out, leaving Shinki alone at the shrine...or rather, at Makai.

...This is annoying, I didn't know it'll be so boring not having anyone to talk to...And trying to would be kind of like bothering them.

If she wanted to just talk, she could open up a bend like she did the other day, but since it might interfere with their work, she decided not to. She was surprisingly sensitive about the weirdest things.

Maybe I shouldn't have made this barrier...? But knowing Reimu's group, they would've gone straight here...And the children wouldn't get a turn.

And it's their fault in the first place! How could they forget us! If they didn't...Well, it'd have been the same both ways, I guess...Actually, were we really forgotten? Their reactions were more like they never knew us to start with, rather than not actually remembering us...It would be quite sad for us if no one from the outside knew us anymore. Ever since then, none of them have ever came here...Something must've happened.

The olden memories lay deep within Reimu and Marisa. But those memories refused to resurface. From Shinki's vantage point, she could see all of Makai at a glance, and all she could feel from it was loneliness.

Makai is my world. I created everything in it. Therefore, once my power is lost, Makai shall cease to be...I may be a god, but I am not immortal.

The day would come where this world would no longer exist. There just wasn't anyone who knew exactly when. The girls could not understand such tragedy, but what did Shinki, the center of it all, think about it?

That's why...That's why we must make history remember our names and faces...So, someone hurry up and come here already~!

...For that to happen, Yumeko and the others would have to have failed in their duty, but Shinki was never one to think too deeply about such things.

Makai makes their counterattack on Eientei, but we've got plenty of people to hold them off right now. With at least 20 different battle-ready characters, we've got enough (wo)manpower to attack and defend a total of four times each turn.

A second attack occurs at the Faintly Dark Path. An important thing to note here is that we're not done with ko-Alice. She's back to play with us again.

Each time a territory is captured, whoever was in charge of it will randomly show up for all future battles. Given how many battles are needed to defeat the Makai Goddess Army, and considering just how many unique units they have, you can imagine that there's actually a sort of strategy for which characters to let loose like this.

Turn: 73
Ouki: 2260
Ryumaku: 123/133
Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
Defense: 160/160

Road of Reconsideration
Defense: 190/190
Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Human Village
Defense: 310/310
Cost to Develop: 36 RES

Garden of the Sun
Defense: 175/175

Nameless Hill
Defense: 205/205
Cost to Develop: 9 RES

Misty Lake
Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
Defense: 230/230
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Great Library
Defense: 195/195
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Clock Tower
Defense: 210/210
Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Lost Bamboo Forest
Defense: 205/205

Hidden House
Defense: 195/195

Blossoms Barrier
Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
Defense: 120/200
Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Yakumo Residence
Defense: 310/310
Cost to Develop: 15

Magic Forest Interior
Defense: 210/210
Cost to Develop: 9

Enemy Territories:

Hakugyokurou
Army: Makai Goddess Army
General: Sara
Defense: 235/235

Muenzuka
General: Louise
Defense: 215/215

Eientei
Generals: Yuki and Mai
Defense: 130/230

SDM Top Floor
General: Yumeko
Defense: 225/225

Hakurei Shrine
General: Shinki (Leader)
Defense: 250/250

...Is it that obvious that this game was made before U.F.O.?