Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 78-79

Spoiler
Show

All right, we'll take it slow and steady. Three attacks total split over two turns on Hakugyokurou. I decided to do two attacks on the second turn, so that I could get in an extra turn with that extra ryumaku from developing this turn. It shouldn't matter much, though.

Only Yuki and some mooks showed up for this first fight, and Yuki by herself isn't that strong (her ability only works with Mai next to her).

On the flip side, Makai got pretty serious with their attacks this turn. Not only do they attack relentlessly...but just what happened to their mooks' levels!?

Mooks are mooks, sure, but the numbers they've been putting up have actually become close to threatening. And there was one annoying one that kept casting Rally...that was pretty scary.

We willingly relinquish a piece of the Road of Reconsideration on Makai's third attack this turn. The territory loss isn't a big deal considering that Muenzuka would probably be our next stop after this, and their chances of capturing it outright are unlikely.

Meiling: You are...Sara, right? Even Makai has gatekeepers too?

Sara: That's right. Protecting the gate to Makai to the end is my duty, and I'm proud of it.

Hehe, that's a little unexpected, I'm a gatekeeper too. Okay then, shall we find out who the better gatekeeper is?

Heh, sounds fun. How would we decide it?

That's simple. If you can protect this place from us, then you win. Otherwise, I win.

So there are gatekeepers who stand on the frontlines nowadays? Fine, I accept. Come with all your might!

BGM: Black Tortoise ~The Seven Northern Mansions~

Well, this fight didn't start off well. Our opponents got the first strike, and everyone targetted Meiling.

And they kept attacking Meiling until she went down. That was...8 attacks in a row, was it? Even after healing herself with Chi Meditation, it still wasn't enough to save her. But at least that kept everyone else perfectly safe to land some strong blows. I guess that's what a tank is suppose to do?

A nice thing about attacking twice in one turn is that some enemies will start with weakened HP. The advantage can be quite important in particularly tough battles. However, you aren't able to use your five best characters (if you have them) for both battles, so it's a double-edge sword.

By the way, Sara's ability is a bit more complicated than you think. It triggers only when she is fighting on her army's territory (in other words, defending instead of attacking), and it does jack up her defense as expected.

Despite our lack of ranged attacks in this second battle, Suika managed to work overtime with Pandemonium, and we eked out a win despite a few last-minute barrages from a surviving mook.

Sara: Ahh, how could this have happened...! How could I have let the enemy break through...! Lady Shinki, I must retreaaaat!

Youmu: ......Whew, it is good to finally be back.

Yuyuko: Goodness me, having our home taken from us while we were away is rather embarassing. You need to shape up a lot more, Youmu.

It's my fault!? I can't do anything if I am not here!

If you could create a shadow copy of yourself, then that would work out perfectly.

A shadow copy...That would probably work! Okay, I will train my hardest!

Do your best~.

Reimu: ...You all really are amazing.

[center]**********[center]

Turn: 79
Ouki: 5318
Ryumaku: 123/153
Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path