1. - Top - End - #561
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 80-81

Spoiler
    Show

Same plan as last time: three attacks split over two turns.

In the first battle, once again we have Mai walling herself like crazy (seriously, everyone at Very Far distance!?). We wipe out the rest of her team, but that just leaves her with 30 battle points to spend on herself, which was pretty ridiculous. At least her attacks weren't quite as strong as usual due to distance, our high WIS characters, and her lower HP.

We get attacked once in response, where our whole team got a lucky first strike against Chibi Alice, rendering her powerless for most of the fight. We clean up the mooks, despite now being extraordinarily out-leveled by them.

At this rate, I might have to grind for some levels before taking on the final territory...

Eiki: You would be the insolent intruder who dared step into Muenzuka, correct?

Louise: ...Yes. And you are?

I am Yamaxanadu Eiki Shiki, a Yama. This is where idle spirits rest, it is not a place for you to stir up controversy.

Spirits...I was THINKING this felt like a really creepy place!

Are you desecrating the dead by calling them "creepy"? ...It appears you need to repent. I shall judge your sin of ignorance!

BGM: Black Tortoise ~The Seven Northern Mansions~

Louise steps out for her first real battle against us.

I don't know if this party just doesn't work well together, or if our enemies just had really good defenses, or if we were just plain unlucky, but for some reason we had a really hard time putting up good numbers in this fight. Quickly realizing that there was no chance for me to outright defeat my opponents, I instead settled in to a plan for shoring up defenses and forcing my opponents to run down their battle counter. By leaving as many enemies as I can in critical HP, I let them take up turns while doing little damage. I am behind on the battle guage for most of the fight, but a few KOs at the very end was enough to shift the guage in my favor.

The margin of victory wasn't quite as high as we're used to seeing, but it's fine. That's all we needed to take this place in one more attack anyway, so it didn't make much of a difference.

Onto the final battle for the fate of Muenzuka.

Louise has what's probably one of the best special abilities amongst the Makai Goddess Army. Cross Shot triggers much like Young Alice's Mirror Doll, and can trigger multiple times in one turn as well. Instead of hitting the same target like Mirror Doll, it attacks a different one each time. It's more dangerous, though, in that while Mirror Doll's extra hits are at reduced power, Cross Shot doesn't seem to suffer any damage reduction when it activates. This makes Louise pretty strong on the offensive.

Louise prefers ranged combat, as I believe Cross Shot only works for ranged spells. She'll typically try to stand at Far distance from everyone, much like Mai. To take her down in this last battle, I had our mages quickly eradicate anyone at Close range to Mokou and Keine, so that they could advance onwards to strike Louise with melee attacks instead. It worked well, and we take out all enemies just as our battle counter runs out.

Louise: Ugh, how could I have lost! ...Though to be honest, I'm quite relieved...I hate creepy places like these~!

Stop right there.

W-W-What...?

...Hmm, it appears that this does not have a description of you...It seems you are outside my jurisdiction.

Uh, right...I'll be leaving then.

I said to stop. It must be fate that we met here. You, who fears Muenzuka so badly, clearly require a lecture...

I-I really need to go! G-Goodbye~!

I believe I told you to wait!

Komachi: ...Ah-ah, she ran off. Hardly unexpected though.

This is unfortunate...Hm, I must write a letter of apology to the other judges...Komachi, you must submit one as well.

Ehh, I have to!? Man...

Reimu: ...Poor girl. I suppose...I should write a letter of apology to my God as well, huh?

One more attack from the Makai Goddess Army to close out this turn.

Enemy mooks seem to be doing a lot more damage now thanks to their remarkably high levels. Averaging level 29-30, they're typically able to hit for 300-ish damage against characters with average defenses, which is pretty devastating if they get to go first. Which brings me to another point.

I'll admit, you guys were right about Flandre being too much of a glass cannon. She's taking 400-500 damage from full-health enemies, and her speed isn't enough to ensure that she goes first. Remilia has a similar problem, although not quite as bad. Neither has a defensive stat that's actually decent, so I can't just stick them in a favorable position like I can with Patchouli. Unless I get really lucky in any particular battle, the two of them would probably really need Eirin's help in order to have any kind of staying power.

Turn: 81
    Ouki: 4850
    Ryumaku: 123/158
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
    Defense: 160/160

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 110/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 310/310
    Cost to Develop: 36 RES

Garden of the Sun
    Defense: 175/175

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 9 RES

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
    Defense: 230/230
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Clock Tower
    Defense: 210/210
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 15 RES

Hidden House
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 21 RES

Blossoms Barrier
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    Defense: 200/200

Yakumo Residence
    Defense: 310/310
    Cost to Develop: 18 RES

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210

Eientei
    Defense: 230/230

Hakugyokurou
    Defense: 235/235
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Enemy Territories:

SDM Top Floor
    Army: Makai Goddess Army
    General: Yumeko
    Defense: 225/225

Hakurei Shrine
    Army: Makai Goddess Army
    General: Shinki (Leader)
    Defense: 250/250
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-12-27 at 01:18 AM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight