View Single Post

Thread: D&D Snippets

1. - Top - End - #329
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Snippets

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Moreta View Post
    Hey! I wrote a new snippet! Our RL group just started up again and we had our first game yesterday. Inspiration struck (which it hasn't been doing with anything else) so I went for it and wrote this...

Poniard of Death
    or, I Knew That Thing Was Bad
    Yay! You're back! And Silver's back too! I've been looking forward to this for quite a while, and you definitely followed through.

The snippet was brilliant as usual. The dialogue was very nicely done, and I especially liked the parts about Freemantown and the Speak-With-Dead oil. What really impressed me was that you conveyed a dark, gritty mood but still managed to incorporate a good amount of humor. And of course, a nerve-wracking cliffhanger. I just hope everything turns out all right for Silver.

I've also made a lot of progress in Varen and Natalia's campaign. And by that, I mean it's been completed. So I'm kind of at a loss for what to write next about them. Do I write about some of the cool adventures that happened way early on that haven't been touched on yet? Things that have been hinted at, but not shown? Just continue from where I left off until I get to the ending?

I have no idea, so instead I just wrote about Abigail.

A Party is Formed
    or, Why does everyone always meet in a tavern or prison anyway?

Spoiler
    Show
    The prison was very dark, and very smelly, and very scary. I guess it made sense though. It was a prison after all, and prisons were supposed to be dark and smelly and scary. And now we were wandering through one, looking for some presumably dark and smelly and scary prisoners. It was all so very exciting!

And soon enough, we had found them! Locked in two adjoining cells were some of the strangest people I had ever seen. In the first was a burly, brown-skinned dwarf with a hawk-like nose and one steely grey eye. His beard was really short for a dwarf and kind of bedraggled. He wore so many bandagey-looking things that he looked almost just like a mummy, if mummies wore armor and boots and weren‘t dead.

The other was a tall, pale, human with long black hair and dark red eyes. He was incredibly skinny and wore a nasty smirk. Something about him made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. If the dwarf was a mummy, then this guy was a vampire.

Kurgan laughed when he saw them.

“Eviss! Selhallen! Look who’s back, eh?” he was grinning so widely that I was pretty sure I could count all of his teeth.

“Well, well, well! If it isn’t Kurgan!” the skinny man called Eviss grinned devilishly. Although his voice was definitely happy, everything about him just seemed snide and insincere.

I didn’t like him very much.

“O’t of the stocks ahlraidy?” Selhallen didn’t sound very surprised at all. He also didn’t sound very dwarfy. “Haw’d ya pull that uff?”

“My new friends here were nice enough to let me out,” Kurgan grinned. “Now we’re gonna do the same for you,” He turned to Cass and gave a big smile. She groaned exasperatedly.

“You always leave me to do all the bloody work,” she mumbled as she pulled out her thieves’ tools. That was actually pretty true though. I mean, she did let Kurgan out of his stocks, and she did get the guard to let us in. He had been really rude and unhelpful, and then the next thing I knew, she had cast a charm spell on him, and then he was as helpful as can be! She was really amazing!

But still, it was a little strange, because out of nowhere, I had forgotten the exact same spell right before she had cast it! Oh well. It was probably just me being stupid and forgetful again. Good thing Gramma wasn’t here.

I was getting lost in my head when some alarms suddenly went off. Cass looked really pale.

“Oh bugger…”
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2011-01-17 at 08:03 PM.