Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
Possibly. Solar Charms are mostly based around taking mundane skills over the top. Hence why a Charm that lets you run on the air itself is a higher Essence charm. There are things Solar charms don't encompass, or can be gotten elsewhere.

Taking a mutation, though, has some very nasty downsides. How you get it, the social stigma of carrying an abomination-level mutation, and if you're a Wyld mutant, some incredibly nasty side effects.
I didn't mean "mutation" as in "the set piece within the game world that designates you as a mutant that can fly", but rather "the mechanical item that costs 6 bonus points and gives you flight". I should've been more clear. I make this distinction because I don't think the "social stigma" was taken into account for balance purposes as far as mutations go.

I also realize that Solar Charms can't do everything. But I think flight should be one of the things they can do. As far as the thematic of "mundane skills over the top", I think "Jump" -> "Fly" is a smaller leap than "Accurate At Shooting Things" -> "Banishing Stuff to Another Plane of Existence".