Kina Yoshimoto

The Hollow's attack is unexpected and strong. Kina puts her hands up as a reflex to block it, but it is no use. She stumbles back a bit, hands grasping her skull as thoughts and memories barrage her mind. At first she sees flashes of her life: a cane. suddenly it lifts upward, whistling through the air as it swings...a blue glow. her hands scorched, she lifts up and tries once more...two faces. both sneering, the background spinning as they drag her...Suddenly the ground is much closer and her knees hurt a bit from striking concrete. But not nearly enough to block out the piercing headache.

Kina can barely get a thought in through all the pain. Panting, she struggles through the pain to shift into a more comfortable position. As she does, one idea keeps popping up, an idea that scares her. But she can't get it out of her mind. The headache makes it hard to think about anything but that one thought. That one idea dominating her brainpower. Slowly, Kina lifts herself up. Her thoughts seem to grow stronger as she does, though they almost seem to conflict.

Spoiler
Show
You think you can help? You think your life is worth anything? You couldn't even succeed at the one thing you wanted...No! What are you doing? You are worth something! What are you thinking?...Pathetic. You're pathetic. Can't stand up for yourself, can't fight for people you care about, can't even make people happy. What possible use could you have?...I'm strong. I...Just end it! It would only take a few moments. They aren't looking at you. No one's gonna stop you

Kina's head lifts to watch the fighting. She feels a tugging towards them, but she holds herself back. Gasping, she slams her hands against her head. The pain intensifies as her old thoughts become more jumbled by the new ones.

Spoiler
Show
...But I can't! What about him?...Look at him. Look who he's fighting for. He doesn't care about you....But...Do it!...But I can't. I couldn't do that...You're weak! You're pointless! Your grandfather knew it! You know it! She knows it! Even HE knows it. Accept it!...But...DO IT!

As Ken speaks to her, Kina's mouth opens wide. An earsplitting scream fills the air around her as her hands dig into her skull, trying to fight the growing pain.

"Get it out, get it out, get it out!" She stares intently at the ground for a moment, as if she knows what to do but doesn't want to go through with it. "Stop it! Stop it!"