View Single Post

Thread: Can this puzzle be solved?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Can this puzzle be solved?

I just need a little help, I'm working on it right now, myself, and I just want to make sure this is possible before my PC's have to do it. I shamelessly stole the idea from DDO.

Concept: you enter a room through a magical mirror portal, and through many walls of force you see another mirror portal on the far side of the room. The entire room is dimensionally locked, with exception given for the teleportation caused by the features of the room. You have access to 5 unlit braziers, and the grid of walls of force shows braziers in each cell. Also, there are 5 braziers at the far end of the room.

Your goal is to light all the braziers. When you light a brazier, the direction from which you light it dictates your movement. If you attempt to light a brazier from directly north, east, west, or south, the brazier is blown out by a magical wind effect. If you light it from northeast, northwest, southeast, or southwest, the brazier is lit and you are teleported in to another cell in the same pattern as a Knight would move in chess.

If you enter a cell where there is a lit brazier, it is magically extinguished and you must re-light it.

The magical mirror at the far end of the room will not take you out of the room until all braziers are lit.

Here's a quick and dirty graphical view:

X = brazier
    I = vertical wall
    - = horizontal wall
    ~ - spaceholder for forum, no wall here

edit: hmmm this didn't work they way i wanted it to, working on it

X I X I X I X I X I X I X I X I X
    ~-------------------------

pardon the horrible artwork, if there is a better way to make this (like code tags) please help!
    Last edited by Aspenor; 2011-03-12 at 02:23 PM.