View Single Post

Thread: Summon Houserule

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Summon Houserule

Hey guys! I just implemented the following house rule in my campaign and it VASTLY improved the play experience for my wizard - I think it's a pretty balanced but much more interesting way to manage wizard Summon spells (the daily, summon a creature variety. IE Summon Fire Warrior etc)

Rules:
    1) Summons have hit points equal to your bloodied value (IE half your hit points), and if they die you lose a healing surge (This rule is unchanged from the official version.)
    2) If your summon is healed by an ability that allows it to spend a healing surge, you can spend the healing surge on it's behalf (Also an unchanged official rule.)
    3) Summons may make both a move action and a standard action every round (Before it required you to spend your actions (minor to move them, standard to attack with them))
    4) Summons are Sustain Move
    5) Summons act on their masters initiative.
    7) Ignore the Intrinsic Nature sections of any summon power.

The net result is that summons actually move and feel like a separate character, but since it basically Dazes you it keeps the power level down. I think this more accurately balances something like Summon Fire Warrior with Flaming Sphere, although I am concerned that Summon Dust Devil would be a little strong (not that I have anyone using it, so that's ignorable for now).

I already told my player this (during the time the boards were down) so I can't change it now, but I thought I would post it in case someone else out there was looking for a good summon houserule.

Or someone is looking for a chance to tell me I'm an idiot - feedback is appreciated as well!
    Last edited by Erom; 2011-03-17 at 12:05 PM.