1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

The Fang of the Deep - Enemy Phase

As Kihtsah leaps into combat with the ghost, her spectral hand swipes at him, leavign him on the verge of unconsciousness. His responding strike is successful in dragging her back down to ground level, luckily.

The ghost cackles. My powers have returned! Meet your doom, hahaha! she laughs as she rips a hole in reality and steps through it, appearing in the air above the deck. The hole stays in the space she left and the new one she occupies. She activates her Globe of Darkness spell, and then launches her breath weapon down at the collected Hunters near the stern of the ship, hitting all her intended targets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah takes 17 necrotic damage from her AoO. Then Kihtsah, Rahman, Amirah and The Wolf each take 18 necrotic damage from the breath and take OG 10 necrotic damage and are immobilized (save ends both). This is sufficient to knock Kihtsah into the negatives. Until the end of her next turn, the spaces D13 (ground level) and E17 (+10 ft) are considered the same square for the purposes of being adjacent, movement, etc. The ghost is 10 feet up in E16.

The priest stands up, but his wounds are overwhelming him - with no obvious targets, he just sits and waits. His archer companion reorients himself and fires another arrow at Hakhpur. The arrow hits weakly, but only the merest touch was needed to get the poison into Hakhpur's system - just as he overcame the last dose, he finds himself fighting a new one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hakhpur takes 3 damage after insubstantial from the arrow. However, the poison still gets him, for OG 5 poison + dazed (save ends both).

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 71/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Hakhpur; 47/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, Bloodied, OG 10 poison, OG 5 poison + dazed (save ends both)
    Kihtsah; -14/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Bloodied, Regen 5 (Active), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Unconscious, Dieing
    Medinah; 39/105 HP, 11/13 Surges, Bloodied
    Rahman; 77/113 HP, 15/18 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Teshiq; 52/103 HP, 6/8 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), +2 all defenses

Wolf: 13/51 HP, Bloodied, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghost [M12/E12]: Cursed (Medinah), Marked (Rahman), Oath (Kihtsah), -2 AC
    Reptilian Mount #1 [F10-E11]: Dead
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [G7]: Bloodied
    Reptilian Mount #2 [I8-H9] Fled
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #2 [I8-H9] Fled
    Reptilian Mount #3 [E16-D17] Dead
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [E16-D17] Marked (Rahman), Bloodied

Known Info:
    The lowest defense of the Reptilian Mounts is Will
    The lowest defense of the She-Da-Zhong is Fortitude
    The lowest defense of the Ghost is Fortitude
    The S-D-Z Archers gain Concealment vs. attacks originating 3+ sq. away
    The She-Da-Zhong Priest has an Aura 10 of +2 all defense
    Winged Beasts give their riders +2 to all defenses
    Winged Beasts gain +2 to all defenses while bloodied
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-04-10 at 12:40 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!