"Just because the networks are run by the public citizens of Inside, instead of being government funded, doesn't mean it's any less illegal. If "everyone" had slaves here, it'd still be as much against the law as only one person." Vasquez tells him. "And, Phil, I had you and the only other witness in the area completely restrained and under my control earlier, for a good length of time. If I had wanted you gone, do you think you'd be here?" She asks before shaking her head. "It's just not how things are done any more. I am not the old regime. As for the fight against AMEN, we had evacuated the area just to prevent that sort of thing. If you were there, it was under your own power, and by your admittance, it was nothing specifically targeting you. If it had been direct fire, I'd gladly pay you, but it wasn't. Normally, I'd pay funeral costs either way, maybe a bit more, but it already sounds like your friend is well and alive."

"Before you go running off wanting a new trial or jury though, I recommend you at least hear their offer for a plea bargain. It's more reasonable than I'd like, but it's more than fair and I have no real objections to it."