Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
He takes off the shades so she can do that. "Genius is overrated. And your zanpakutou spirits are not the only ones you can spar with.

Training to defeat a specific opponent is different from training to adjust to a wide set of circunstances. Every fighter has a rhythm. If you can use their rhythm to your advantage, then you will win.

Imagine you had to defeat me. You know I'm using my training sword. What are my strengths and weaknesses?"
"Using a Sekkiseki for a training weapon means you wish to master control of your reiatsu in an attempt to be able to discern how much you need to invest into controlling the weapon without placing too much drain on your own reserves. If you are successful with this you will be able to manage subtle levels of strikes for precision, speed, stability and recovery. Not using your zanpakuto might suggest that you wish to hone your body, rather than take advantage of our innate mastery in wielding our own zanpakuto. Assuming that is the case, you intend to master yourself in order to better manage proficiencies in any form of weapons. Either your zanpakuto is a multi-form type, or you prefer to be flexible and masterful in any weapon you might encounter. Beyond that is speculation, the only way to find out is to spar with you." Aya rubs her chin thoughtfully as the wind blows gently past the training grounds.