View Single Post

Thread: I will draw your D&d character.

1. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: I will draw your D&d character.

Well, I don't know if you're still taking ideas, but might as well try, I'd love to have a picture...

Taltha Oresia
    , the magic engineer (from a setting where magic has become treated a lot like science) and healer.

Description:

Very tall woman, a fair bit over six feet of height.
    Very long hair, down to the hips, of a golden blond color. Has a single turquoise pin as her only hair ornament.
    Very clear blue eyes, has a bit of a piercing look, rather striking.
    Visibly adult build and body shape - she was the one 28 year old in a party whose average otherwise was around 17. She has, however, fairly delicate-looking hands in particular - she works precision work and has slender fingers.
    Exceedingly nice and polite, and pretty much the Team Mom - gives a feeling of softness.

Clothes... okay, here's the hard part. Taltha liked frilly dresses. Always white, sometimes with turquoise details, but generally very visibly old-school and out of place. This character's dress without the purple tabard is a good example of the kind of clothes she liked - ankle-length skirts that poofed out, long, ample sleeves with frilled or wavy openings. Basically, classy if impractical for someone who got inside the innards of constructs on a regular basis. She never minded, though.

Her staff is a sentient item that goes by Freyalise, a very simple-looking piece: a thin, blue stick with a thin green pattern alongside it, which at the end opens into a thin disc of the same blue metal with a green glass sphere in its middle.

As for pose... the most descriptive would have her raising a construct piece (I'm picturing an arm) in front of her face, obviously working on it with some kind of weird-looking glowy magical tool, looking at the camera in a "uh? Oh, sorry, didn't see you there, I was concentrated on this" expression with a hint of apology. The staff is probably laying on a nearby rock. If you want to add a bit of funny, you can add a small sigh coming from it - Freyalise was known to despair at its master's tendency to utterly forget about the universe at large when engrossed in her work
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-05-17 at 02:38 PM.