Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
So, I'm thinking about putting together a Solar martial artist for a game I'm playing in that currently has too many inter-party conflicts - In a nutshell, the roughly Chaotic neutral sorceress (me) is getting into waaay too many arguments with the VERY Paladin-ish Dawn caste. Sorry about the D&D terms, I really am, but for the example, it works.

Anyways, I'm thinking about putting together a probably Night Caste proficient in Solar Hero Style, with a fair amount of athletics charms on top of that. Want to get into the area of God-Speed Steps, with the idea of a martial artist who is just blazing fast, his style being to hit a single enemy from multiple directions nigh-simultaneously.

Personality probably pretty curt, to the point. Not non-talkative, because that's boring to play, but he doesn't take crap from people.

Not many details about this character besides that are set in stone yet.

Anyways, I'm looking for a suitably awesome motivation, and was hoping you lot would help me out with some suggestions. What do you think?
"Be the fastest man alive" maybe? Note for this to be properly heroic you must have a very broad view of the word 'man'. For instance it should not be gender specific, nor should it limit your competition to just humans. Because a race between your Solar and Adorjan should happen at some point in the game.