Ooh, definitely want to get in on this one.

My character...

Jubal Barca, Half-Elf wizard
My character looks fairly like I do; about 5 foot six/seven, scruffy dark blond/mousey hair, heavy eyebrows and mottled green/brown/hazel eyes. Ears probably slightly tapered, lightly built but not wizened either. Standard dress as far as wizards are concerned, prefers dark green robes and a similarly coloured hat, and tend to have a belt hung with bags containing anything from fine sand to interesting skulls to funny-looking pebbles. He is totally absent-minded and something of a liability, but is often fiercely ready to help those he considers friends to the point of absolute stupidity.

He'd either be for a "relaxed" pose walking with his staff (about his height, probably oak). Or if you want a good fight scene, the time I grabbed a poleaxe that was lying around and took on a six foot seven flesh golem/ghoul type thing in a dungeon to try and help the Paladin it had just knocked flat unconscious at its feet would be a fun one to do. (I couldn't even wield the thing effectively - and yes, I got knocked flying. Totally worth it for the in character play though).

Incidentally, conan, do you prefer high fantasy only or would you be interested in gothic/clockpunk characters?