View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] Indigo Trickster (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Indigo: Tempest and Trickster (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    On Deflection, compare to Wings of Cover, a 2nd level sorcerer spell. Not quite at will, but it grants cover against one attack, essentially making one attack entirely useless. +1/2lvl to AC of a type you are probably going to want to get an item of anyway isn't all that great. Removing the cap actually lets it stay relevant at high levels because it'll surpass your item or that Shield of Faith the cleric gave you.
    Good point. Removed the cap.

Hmm... why not keep them as one class with the Full BAB and 6+Skills, but offer two different Paths? I could see one path that uses speed and agility to leave behind after-images and flurries of attack while the other is more of a brute force swarm-monger.

I can totally see sending illusory duplicates to their deaths as a means of trapfinding or staving off vampires. XD
    I merged the two classes into one. I've divided the invocations into two categories: combat and utility. I added Silent/Major Image to the utility section to do just that.

Hmm, I didn't see it, but would you consider an ability that lets you overcome uncanny dodge and other means of becoming immune to flanking? Say add your intelligence to your effective rogue level to bypass the no-flank bit and maybe a surge ability or invocation to negate All-Around Vision and Foresight? Specifically thinking of Lowered Guard with this.
    Good idea. I added Trickster's Savvy and Supreme Flank to help overcome both of these.

Also, the capstone is pretty weak, as pretty much everybody who wants can get pounce (and whirling frenzy/rage while they're at it) for a 1 level dip into barbarian. As written, it is mechanically almost always better to take that 1st level of barbarian instead of a 20th level, and it can be taken at any time.
    You're right, it's weak. I swapped it out for Arcane Alarcity for now until I can think of a better capstone. One of my invocations actually gives pounce to avoid the barbarian dip thing.

And as for arcane alactricity being too powerful with a full attack, warblades can do it at level 17, and with Raging Mongoose added in for even more attacks (or heck, revenant blade gets timestop, but better, at 20th level for one round and still get Raging Mongoose or Time Stand Still).
    I should mention that I'm aiming for a middle tier 3 class and want its raw damage output to be lower than what a warblade can do. After all, the warblade does only a single thing (damage) to the exclusion of everything else and it's practically the upper limit of fighter perfection. This class has a bit more tricks and utility.

You're probably right though. The capstone remains there as a placeholder until I can find a suitable replacement.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate the help.

EDIT:
    I'd even recommend adding some source of miss chance (blur like effect maybe?) as an invocation.
    Missed that. Good call! Adding one that gives Blur and, at higher levels, Blink.
    Last edited by Dralnu; 2011-05-21 at 03:38 PM.