1. Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Inphidian Strikes Back: Let's Read Tome of Horrors II

While my last Let's Read kind of died halfway through, I've long been itching to finally get to the sequel to my first ever LR: the Tome of Horrors. So here we are.

While still produced by Necromancer Games, the 2004 release of the Tome of Horrors II had some notable differences from its predecessor. For one, it was cut almost in half; 200-some creatures rather than over 400. Said creatures were also newly-statted creations rather than 3E conversions of legacy monsters. Of course, that doesn't mean that they don't have a bit of a nostalgic feel to them. Necromancer still took the "3rd Edition Rules, 1st Edition Feel" motto seriously, with this volume being made up of a mixture of creatures from folklore, deadly beasts, creatures connected to some classic unique monsters and concepts, and some really, really weird stuff here and there.

So without further adieu, we shall begin our look at the next in the Tome of Horrors trilogy.

Contents
    Aberrant, Abyssal Wolf, and Ahlinni

Empyreal Angel, Arcanoplasm, Asrai

Barbegazi, Bedlam, Giant Beetles (Blister, Saw-Toothed, and Water)

Bloodsuckle, Bog Creeper, Brass Man

Burning Dervish, Cadaver, Caterprism

Cave Leech, Cerebral Stalker, Church Grim

Cinder Ghoul, Clamor, Jade Colossus

Corpse Rook, Corpsespinner, Crag Man

Crucifixion Spirit, Draconid

Dragons (Dungeon and Smoke), Dragonship

Elusa Hound, Encephalon Gorger, Fear Guard

Fire Crab, Fire Phantom, Fire Whale

Giant Flea, Fulgurate Mushroom, Fungoid

Fyr, Gallows Tree, Gallows Tree Zombie

Gelid Beetle, Geon

Giants (Cave, Ferrous, and Volcano)

Gloom Crawler, Golems (Furnace and Iron Maiden)

Golems (Magnesium, Ooze, and Rope)

Grave Risen, Grimstalker, Gutslug

Hanged Man, Helix Moth, Hoar Spirit

Giant Hornet, Huggermugger, Inphidians (Common, Cobra-Back, and Dancer/Charmer)

Kathlin, Cavern Lizard, Magmoid, Mawler, Mimi, Murderborn

Niln, Nuckalavee
    Last edited by Rappy; 2011-11-20 at 05:56 AM.
    My Let's Reads, Let's Plays, and other Let's Projects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's Read the Tome of Horrors; because sometimes, five Monster Manuals just isn't enough (Status: Complete)

Let's Read the Tome of Horrors II; it's happening again... (Now in thread Mark II [Status: Abandoned])

Dusk of Man, Dawn of Magic: A post-apocalyptic occult setting spanning the entire world

LGBTitP