Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
The thing is, the Immaculate Faith may be fake, but it does preach a lot of stuff that's more likely to make people work together than the half-baked Klingon-y pseudo-ideals the writers dropped on the poor Lunars. I like the comic in the Blessed Isle compass a lot - a single Immaculate-devout mortal facing down several law enforcers, alone, with only a stick, to defend a man who, to boot, is a heretic against the Immaculate Faith, simply because beating up a man who (from the Immaculate's point of view) simply was deceived is not right. This is not the kind of thing that you see commonly in Exalted books.

I'd want to go in a tangent, since perhaps me being an atheist colors my willingness to forgive a fake faith as long as its ideals are good, but I think that might straddle too close to the forum rules, so I'll be preemtively shutting up.
I am not a theist myself, but I still find something that was invented purely for politics to be annoying. I would actually expect any faith I invent to counter the Immaculate teachings would be eerily similar as it would still preach all the good things, but would differ from it in execution. Namely no relying on the DBs to hold yourself up, none of the prejudice against anathemas(though it's slightly justified), judge others based upon their actions not whether they glow or not, and more I'm likely to flesh out as I play the character. Of course we'll still end up going to holy war because A)the immaculate faith expressly forbids inappropriate worship, B)Our ideals mean nothing before the difference in mode of worship, yes as stupid as that sounds different customs lead to war, even if they both hold to the important things like truth, love, peace, etc in what order they honor these, what ways they honor these ideals, and even as silly as the difference between rituals, praying, meditating, clergy, will lead them to anger and hatred when they cannot agree. Plus the rise of a new faith is very interesting as if I succeed it'll be apart of the campaign world now.

There's another question, since Exalted are obviously going to shake up the status-quo by their very nature, how do you handle major changes to the game world? Have players changed your cosmology, political lines, geography, etc. permanently and how?