Quote Originally Posted by iTookUrNick View Post
1. Lose 1 caster level at first level. Check. Now that first level is really bad, discouraging small dips as intended.

2. Not for free! By RAW, only arcane casters can spellstictch undead. I added the secret so that prophets (ie divine caster) could do it too. They're still required to pay all associated costs. At most, I was thinking to have the recipient pay them as long as he's a PC...

Would you still put it as a (really) expensive enhancing option? It does seem more appropriate now that you mention it.

Same for unholy vigor and enhanced anatomy. The latter could become an enhancement (=paid upgrade) or maybe a secret + enhancemet (not too expensive, due to requirements and limitations).

These changes would better conform to the way I envision the prophet two main abilities:
  • secrets = abilities/bonuses tied to the necromancer
  • enhancements = bonuses tied to the corpse to be animated

3. Curse as in Bestow Curse (clr 3) and Greater BC (clr 7). Possibly, a different table for each. Perhaps Animate dead+create undead and create greater undead respectively.

Also: would you put the regular "Eschew Materials" as a feat requirement for the homonymous secret? I mean, it allows to save a lot of money and its drawback is basically fluff.

OOOh that makes a lot more sense I thought it was applied for free. You might want to specify that.

Also homonymous secret? I think you mean the eschew materials one. And ya that would be a good idea. Most necromancers have a way to get free animate dead but its better to have this one have some cost.

Honestly I don't think the fiendish influence secret needs 20 ranks of knowledge arcana as a prerequisite. The fiendish template really isn't that strong. Or did you mean half fiend template? Because there is a world of difference between them.