Quote Originally Posted by jiriku View Post
Ashen Skin (Su): At 3rd level, an emberhaunt masters the mystery of binding the spirits of fire within his own flesh. His skin becomes as hard (and hot) as fire-hardened coals, while retaining its flexibility. His skin appears to be coated with a fine layer of ash, and burning cinders seem to float from his flesh at times. He gains resist fire 5 and a natural armor bonus to his Armor Class of +1.
The emberhaunt binds more and more powerful fire spirits into his body as he advances in mastery. At 7th level, the benefit improves to resist fire 10 and +2 natural armor. At 11th level, it improves to resist fire 20 and +3 natural armor. At 15th level, it improves to resist fire 30 and +4 natural armor. At 19th level, he gains total immunity to fire and +5 natural armor.
While his Cloak of Flame's Embrace is active, the emberhaunt also gains an enhancement bonus to his natural armor equal to the natural armor bonus provided by Ashen Skin. For example, an 11th level emberhaunt using Cloak of Flame's Embrace has +3 natural armor and a +3 enhancement bonus to natural armor.
Resist Fire (Ex): At 3rd level, an emberhaunt gains authority over the wild spirits of fire. Although fire spirits are extraordinarily difficult to tame, he learns a little of their ways, and acquires resist fire 5. This fire resistance increases by 5 at 7th level, by 10 at 11th and 15th level, and becomes complete immunity at 19th level.
seems kind of reduntant, unless I'm mistaken?

Otherwise a fire mage that seems more flexible than just "blowing up stuff" seems interesting to play.
And it should be on tier 3 par, albeit I'm hardly a good judge of that.

Although a small fire elemental at second level, which IS something anyone else can't summon (for very few rounds that is) until third level at best
could be overpowered at that level. (AND it has the small familiar buffs even at that level)
Especially since it's immune to all damaging spells its master can cast.

But a full fire caster that can blast through fire resistance, runs around covered in molten magma armor and can morph into a huge fire elemental?
Would I not play pathfinder (and had I a gm who wouldn't ban all 3.5 stuff by default) I'd love to play one