View Single Post

Thread: (3.X) Cursed Teas (P.E.A.C.H.)

1. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: (3.X) Cursed Teas (P.E.A.C.H.)

Wild Berry Zinger seems overly complex. I don't like giving Animals and Fey creatures the ability to use a Quickened Orb of Electricity, Lesser just because someone else drank the tea. How would they know that now had that ability? Curses should specify on the drinker without giving a boon to someone else (especially an Animal with an Int of 2). It is further complicated when you start giving said creatures extra feats for the mere purpose of a single attack. What DM is going to want to start factoring that in on the fly? Moreover, what motivates the Fey or Animal to attack in the first place?

Wild Berry Zinger: A drinker of this tea is struck by lightning as if hit by a lightning bolt for 10d6 points of electricity damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 20) halves the damage. The cloying scent of berries lingers on the drinker until washed off. The scent attracts wandering monsters and makes the drinker easy to Track (DC 5) rather then the standard DC 10.
    Faint Evocation; CL 6; Brew Potion, lightning bolt; Cost 1,800 gp

Raspberry Zapper suffers from being rather similar but I think I have a solution

Raspberry Zapper: A drinker of this tea hears an earsplitting Bronx cheer. The sound goes unnoticed by other creatures. However, the drinker is rendered deaf as if hit with a deafness spell. The effect is permanent unless negated by a successful Fort save (DC 20). The cloying sent of raspberry lingers on the drinker until washed off. The scent attracts wandering monsters and makes the drinker easy to Track (DC 5) rather than the standard DC 10.
    Faint Necromancy; CL 3; Brew Potion, blindness/deafness; Cost 600 gp.

Just thought I'd brew up easier versions of your teas. What do you think?

Debby
    P.S. Darkjeeling should also be Faint Necromancy; CL 3; Brew Potion, blindness/deafness; Cost 600 gp.

CL X spell level X 100 = cost for a typical tea. CL is the minimum level needed to cast the spell.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2011-06-08 at 09:17 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread