"Well yes. They could claim you are under duress but you are the main witness and the victim of the attack. If the Jack has not confessed then they cant really keep him can they?" he asked not sure how the Aldhaven legal system worked.

As this avenue was becoming closed Ishmael considered the options. Try and gain access to the Jacks cell, going to where the man that lead him to Aunties slept and search for clues, try and get up a meeting set-up or just kill Darkmoor here and get it over with.

"Tell me more about the contact you could get into. I mean... if the prisoner avenue is not an option perhaps we can speed things up. Otherwise I guess we can wait the week that you mention until the drop off. It would give us enough time to frame the Toe but I am simply impatient as I hear interesting things about movement in the local gang world and I am worried things may shift and change..." he said.

Spoiler
Show

Hmmm not sure how to move on if it need a week and a half... there is a chance this is a good thing as after the skulks attack the Jacks will be below full strength regardless of how it goes and hence if the Toe goes missing they may not have the resources to keep pressuring this guy...

Or there is the possibility that having lost some power they will try to push every person they have for more in order to consolidate.

Did the Countess give me a time-frame or is it something she wants done so her funds are freed. Would a week and half be too long as far as Ishmael understands if it would mean this guy gets to live?

I do have other things to do during that time (namely learn about that person I have to rob to join the Jacks and also to discover Edistris since he may want to join an anti-Jack attack especially since I learned the people he wants killed are very important for stability) if that is the case!