View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] Infected [PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Infected

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    You are using a non-standard Subtype without defining it. I recommend that you change it to Augmented (Humanoid) since the disease seems to only affect Humanoids.

Infected Immunities should have its own section and that is missing from all of the creatures. I'm not sure what these are.

If the Hunter is an advanced case, then it may attack on all fours but does it actually have 4 legs? The picture and text don't match. Your stat block has them listed as Medium but your text seems to indicate that they are small. Which is correct?

Boomer is really cool. I particularly like Belch.

The 100-foot tongue attack for the Smoker seems a bit excessive. What if the tongue is cut off? Does it grow back? If not, then as soon as a comrade is struck by the tongue, the first thing the party will try to do is cut it off. How much damage can the tongue take before it is cut off. Does cutting off the tongue result in the creature's death? I think you need to address this part of the creature a bit more. You mention it can manipulate object but you don't say whether it can wield a weapon with its tongue.

Debby
    Thanks for the criticism. I got rid of the subtypes on all of them and left them as base aberrations, as I think it fits best with their in game descriptions, as they become less than human because of the infection.

Infected immunities was kind of shoved at the end of the post, I've amended it to be included in each creature's description.

Hunter does not actually crawl on 4 legs, it just uses its arms and legs to move around. I've made that more clear now. And as to why it is medium and not small is the grapple penalty would be too big, and they are about the size of a dwarf when standing tall, so I figured that the closest approximation was medium.

Thanks, I liked the boomer too. I've amended the smoker too and given the tongue hit points and AC, as well as included time taken to regrow. As for the reach I wasn't really sure about it, the game has it at 100 ft., but I thought that was excessive and went for 50, which still seemed high, but in the end I reverted to the game stats. Considering their typical attack strategy they will always be fairly high, lowering the actual distance that they are dragged from.

Also, the witch will be next and should be up within one day.
    Last edited by Dumbledore lives; 2011-06-22 at 04:25 AM.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard