2011-06-22, 02:10 PM (ISO 8601)
Re: Blood Mage (Base Class)
- Cantrips: All cantrips on the Sor/Wiz list, or from all arcane lists?
- The spell list in general: Is in dire need of alphabetization.
- Bloodletting: Metamagic, GP and XP cost mitigation: DANGER DANGER. This is a very powerful feature. I haven't looked over the spell list to see what will happen just out-of-the-box (nevermind what happens when you do something like PrC into Rainbow Servant), but really, as flavorful as the mechanic may be, I'd call implementing any feature like this a fundamentally bad idea.
Two peculiarities I noticed:
- Ability damage that can't be naturally healed is called Ability Burn.
- What happens if, say, you're immune to Constitution damage? There is nothing in the rules preventing undead creatures from becoming Blood Mages, for example.
- Naming convention: You refer to the class interchangeably as "blood mage" and "blood magus". I don't know the underlying grammar here, but it looks inconsistent.
- Stigmata: Requires a book/page reference.
- [b]Blood Pact: Share pain requires a book/page reference.
- Ritual Blood Bonds: Requires a book/page reference.
- Scent: Sounds a bit like the lifesense of a wraith. Do you want this to be scent-related? Also, needs a definition of what a "recently deceased creature" is. One minute from death? One hour? One week?
- Blood Mastery: Are the bonus HP in addition to the bonus HP granted by the constitution increase, or are they a part of it?