View Single Post

Thread: General Anime Discussion: Area 11

1. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: General Anime Discussion: Area 11

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    So... I stumbled into [C] The Money And Soul Of Possibility's premise and thought, wow, this looks pretty awesome. I thought it'll be one of those "what do you mean it's not awesome" shows, a show about people doing crazy business takeovers and high stake stock trades...

Imagine my disappointment when I actually checked wikipedia to check what's the show actually about...
    Yeah, stay away from it. Easily the worst Noitamina timeslot show I've watched, my biggest disapointment from last season and overall pretty terribad. If you're curious I could go into why its terribad, but I believe I already have a rant about it a couple pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Cowboy Bebop has been on my list forever, so I'll totally go there. What's wrong with the original Hellsing? I've always heard it's pretty good. Also now on my list from quick internet searches.

Durarara!
    Gurren Lagann
    Big O
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Yeah, the dub requirement cuts you off from a lot of really good shows. Since you're not comparing the two audio tracks at all, I'm just going to recommend shows that I like that have dubs, regardless of dub quality.

Baccano! (Gangsters in Prohibition era US + immortality potions = hijinks)
    Durarara (gansters in tokyo + dullahan + 4chan= hijinks Same author as Baccano!)
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (giant robots)
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex (cyberpunk cops)
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (genre parodying everything)
    Hellsing Ultimate (vampires + nazis + catholic priests)
    Haibane Renmei (possible afterlife slice of life)
    Princess Tutu (Swan lake + Card Captor Sakura + awesome)
    Planetes (trash collectors IN SPACE)
    Kino's Journey (traveler with talking motorcycle in episodic vignettes.)
    Monster (doctor chases psycopath)
    Gankusuou (the Count of Monte Cristo IN THE FUTURE)

All of course, better than they sound at first. Haibane Renmei is my favorite show off that list with Princess Tutu and Baccano! close behind.
    Last edited by mallorean_thug; 2011-07-16 at 02:21 PM.