1. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Base Class- Intended teir: 2+- 3.5] Battle Monk

Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Fair enough. Though, I was referring mostly to the fact that a factotum can bust out something like 48 spells in a round if it takes enough Font of Inspiration.
    The Factotum doesn't work that way. It doesn't matter how many Fonts of Inspiration you take you still only ever have, at 20th level, 8 total SLAs per day.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you can apply metamagic to factotum SLAs if you have the feat.
    Applying metamagic is the very tippiest tip of the iceberg when it comes to the optimization options that are available to real spellcasters casting real spells but not to classes like the Factotum. SLAs cannot be subject to metamagic, period. There are the specific feats such as Quicken Spell-like Ability or Empower Spell-like Ability, but they are not only not as good as traditional metamagic, they also don't offer analogs to the more powerful metamagic feats available to real spellcasters. Real spellcasters can also use feats, items, or PrCs to improve any number of their spellcasting attributes that SLA users simply gain no benefit from.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-07-21 at 03:01 PM.
    The Lorewarden's Lair: My new blog. Stop by and read some stories, comic book scripts, and more! Also on Blogger!

Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!