Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
If they were forces of nature, they'd be covered under the spirit rules. And having the antagonistic gods "just be" sort of worked for Lovecraft, but he was writing thinly-disguised philosophical tracts, and wasn't (intentionally) creating a roleplaying game in which someone else would have to create stories based on his that would make sense in a tabletop setting. Moreover, for all his talk about the terrible truth, Lovecraft's universe (or what he clarified of it) makes sense. It's bleak and uncaring, and the gods that aren't oblivious to your existence want to break you, but it all sort of fits together. Whereas the True Fae are just sort of their own thing, with a separate power source, mana equivalent, and realm from the other things that are sort of like them and occupy the same niche in mythology.

I didn't say they were Spirits, I said they are Forces of Nature. If I meant that they were spirits, I would have asid that.

Why would a Force of Nature be forced to be a spirit? Not all of them are spirits in the first place.