View Single Post

Thread: [3.5e Bloodline] Name Given (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5e Bloodline] Name Given (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    So, could you give a suggestion for a level I could replace the benefits of with Recitation 1st?
    Ah, that makes sense. I'd probably knock off the Name Resistance 2 at level 4. And at 8th... Hm. I'd give an alternate there along the lines of

True Surge: The Name Given is the master of the powers which they command. If they desire more power, they need but ask for it. Once per day spending a Full-Round action, the Name Given may enter a True Surge. For the duration of the encounter they are treated as being a level 1/8 or 1/4 their level higher for purposes of determining Absolute Limit and Natural Truespeak Pool. At the end of the encounter they loose a number of points of their Pool equal to the amount gained when they invoked the ability.

That should be suitably Capstone-y. And could possibly be useful in a game utilizing this bloodline, but that lacks a profusion of Truenamers against which to make use of Name Resistance.

And I'd very much like to know how that campaign goes.

Edit: After thinking about it, I think that the level four ability should be Recitation 1st by default. So I changed it.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2011-07-30 at 05:06 PM.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature