View Single Post

Thread: General Anime Discussion: Area 11

1. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: General Anime Discussion: Area 11

@Kato.

Oh I'm not saying KD is good. Right now its not. It is entertainingly bad though.

And No 6 would be a horribly cliche teen book (what is what its based off of) but as an anime I think it comes off as a little bit more unique, just because of how few dystopian settings we get in the medium.

@Jeebers

You're getting insulting commentary because you're coming off as insulting yourself. You think you're saying something along the lines of "Hey guys, I've only watched a few shows and I think I figured out what I like. Recommend stuff like that." When you're coming off as saying something more like this "Hey guys, I've only watched a few shows but I can definitely say that shows, including most of your favorites, that have this poorly defined quality are bad. Oh but I'm selectively defining that and still enjoy a few shows that should qualify."

That said, I still don't know what you mean by "anime WTFery" or why you think cliches are bad, so here's a list of serious and mature anime for serious and mature people such as yourself.

Serial experiments lain
    Haibane renmei
    Texnolyze
    PLANETES
    Monster
    Mushishi
    Kino's Journey
    Last edited by mallorean_thug; 2011-07-31 at 07:14 PM.