1. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    Obvioulsy with the heavy comparrison that invites to HoMachine, GW wouldn't do it that way, so we get the small acts. But they are so limited, and combined with the stat reductions* some units got, make the list crap.
    Heh. HorMachine. I've thinking about going into that for a while, and not only because Club is having a tournament with it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Then there's the other stuff on GW policies that almost seem designed to push me and other veterans out of the hobby, but I'm not going to get into that since it isn't important on a forum like this one. This and the above is all I feel I need to say. If I wanted to say more I'd make a blog.
    Zorg, I wont tell you again. Get. Out. Of. My. Brain.

Quote Originally Posted by evisiron View Post
    I would like to go the Descent of Angels route.
    [...]
    I'm trying to figure out how to use these jump packs. I guess it's Deep strike behind cover and hop over to assault next turn?
    Anyone have any advice?
    Here's my, personal DoA List.

Spoiler
    Show
    Librarian - 125 Points
    Jump Pack
    Shield of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage

Sanguinary Priests (x2) - 185 Points
    x1; Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, Jump Pack
    x1; Power Weapon, Jump Pack

Assault Squad (x10) - 235 Points
    x2 Meltaguns
    Sergeant: Power Fist

x2 Meltaguns
    Sergeant: Power Fist

x2 Flamers
    Sergeant: Infernus Pistol, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs

Vanguard (x5) - 230 Points
    Jump Packs, Power Fist, x2 Storm Shields
    Sergeant: Glaive Encarmine

Total: 1250 Points

What you need to do is have proper placements of your Priests and Librarian. It's a very git move when you do it, but, unfortunately, the list doesn't work if you can't place your Priests properly. Basically, it's the same theory you use with Big Meks and Kustom Force Fields. Don't put them front-and-centre of the unit. Put them on the very end near the unit next to them.

Your units should drop down. Terrain isn't quite an issue because your Priests should be Feel No Paining everything, so, Deep Strike into Difficult Terrain if you need to. Chaos Daemons do it all the time and they get by - even though they don't even have access to Razorbacks.

Shield of Sanguinius on your Librarian is likewise indispensable. When you're dropping down in front of your enemies' guns in open terrain, it wont be fun. Again, Shield of Sanguinius turns your Librarian into a KFF which you should be familiar with.

The Vanguard are used to hit what your other guys can't. This list is terrified of Devastators and similar units that unload torrents of fire because there isn't anything it can do about getting shot up on the turn it lands. Vanguard help.

I read the Cheesegear BA starter guide when it went up. Very informative, cheers for posting.
    Thank you, I feel it's the best one I've written thus far.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-08-12 at 08:16 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome