I still do not have my book.

I pre-ordered, and when the delay was announced, I emailed and told them to change my shipping address (as instructed) because we moved at the start of June. I received a confirmation that my new address was received, and then when the book was released...it shipped to my old address.

I waited a week in the hopes that mail forwarding would solve this, but it apparently did not. My book is apparently at our old address in someone else's hands. Or perhaps their recycle bin. Or on eBay. Or who-knows-where.

I emailed Ookoodook on Monday and explained the situation. No reply. The next day, I emailed again and even used their contact form on the web site, asking them to please resend my book to my correct address. I got a one-word reply: "Ok."

My book is still not here. I emailed AGAIN asking when/if it had shipped, and got this response:

I'm sorry, we're still shipping pre-orders and will reship your book ASAP.

I am speechless. Dude, I was a pre-order. Ookoodook made the mistake, and should be bending over backwards to fix this. In the mean time, I am 2 weeks now without my book, and apparently not a priority.

This isn't what I would call excellent customer service. Heck, it's not even good customer service.

I get that it's a small company. I really do. But I am not looking for the world here: I just want my book. I think the most I asked for was that they expedite a copy to me, at their cost. I certainly didn't demand it, or a refund, or a free copy, or someone's first-born child. This should not be a hard problem to solve quickly.

And I should have my book.