1. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: When mages decide to make alchemy a race [3.5 Race]

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    This is definitely interesting. The main problem though is that in my opinion very few of the additional resins are worthwhile. Only the mist resin has any combat applications (it's very good on that note). Insulating resin isn't as good, but still relatively useful.

The others aren't worth the feat though in my opinion, especially since they can be replicated by mundane items at very low cost and I wouldn't want to waste what few power points I have on them, especially the flame resin (just get a tinderbox or matches) or freezing resin (rations are pretty cheap and any cleric can create food/water). I don't see any real use for dissolving resin as is, since in 8 hours, any dwarf or gnome could mine much further than five feet.
    That feat is actually the basis for a combat resin feat which expands on those resins that i recently thought of. I'll also be adding three or four new feats that can be built on with those resins (Offensive Combat Alchemy and Defensive Combat Alchemy being most prevalent)

Plus these guys are not fighters, they're craftsmen, though some also make excellent tacticians given some time to plan.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2011-08-23 at 10:53 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.