Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
Josiah walked into the lab just as the portal turned on. He waited in the doorway until Vincent was holding the sand in his hand. Slowly a smile crossed his face.

"Excellent! Looks like your project is a smashing success!"
Vincent doesn't turn to look at Josiah, but a smile crosses his face when Josiah proclaims his success. He takes the sand and places it on a nearby table, separating it and beginning to study it.

"It is a success, at least so far. I am afraid that, despite the size of the portal, I am still limited to transportation of relatively small objects, but I should be able to transport small mammals and other complex organisms by tomorrow. For the time being, it still has rather...distressing side effects." He held up the arm he had put through the portal, and odd blue lines snaked their way up his fingers down to his wrists, though they seemed to be receding already.

"I don't know what it is, but my Quincy powers seem to be keeping it at bay. I imagine that the reiatsu that blankets the area of Hueco Mundo is harmful to ordinary humans, but usual methods of spiritual transportation - Senkaimon, Garganta and the like - acclimate the body to the change in ambient spiritual pressure. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get that particular feature into my machine. My Quincy powers allow me to reabsorb the reishi here fast enough to return my body to a normal state, but we wouldn't be able to survive there at this rate. But I am much closer to a true success, yes."

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
[Fushichou Town High School]
Mayumi's Office

Soon after classes are finished for the day, Mayumi is, in fact, approached by one of the students. Only one, but what are you going to do? The student, in this case, is a slightly dirty, sweaty, and obviously half-blind Nakahiro. He feels his way up to the door, and opens it quietly, poking his head into the room. Despite his disheveled state, he still has most of the relaxed dignity for which he is known.

"Am I in the right place?"

He squints at her.
Mayumi's head raises from a small stack of quizzes that she had been grading when Nakahiro opens the door. As soon as she can see his eyes, she knows that something went very wrong. She stands up, moving over to him carefully so as not to startle him.

"Wada-san? Yes, you are in the right place." Opening the door, she placed a gentle but firm hand on his shoulder and guided him to one of the chairs in her office.

"Thank you for coming to see me, Wada-san. I was hoping you might be able to tell me what happened." She asked this while still standing, preparing some tea for herself and Nakahiro. Her tone was gentle with hints of compassion.