Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
Spoiler
Show
Mayumi's head raises from a small stack of quizzes that she had been grading when Nakahiro opens the door. As soon as she can see his eyes, she knows that something went very wrong. She stands up, moving over to him carefully so as not to startle him.

"Wada-san? Yes, you are in the right place." Opening the door, she placed a gentle but firm hand on his shoulder and guided him to one of the chairs in her office.

"Thank you for coming to see me, Wada-san. I was hoping you might be able to tell me what happened." She asked this while still standing, preparing some tea for herself and Nakahiro. Her tone was gentle with hints of compassion.
Nakahiro allows himself to be guided, and sits gratefully in the chair, hanging his umbrella off of the back. He nods as Mayumi asks him to reveal the events of the day. As he opens his mouth to respond, however, he seems to realize something and shuts his mouth. After a few seconds he speaks, quietly.

"Before I do...I have to know...what is your connection to-" he waves his hands as he grasps for words. "-all of this?" From the emphasis, it is obvious he means the spiritual world as a whole, not the day's incident.