Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Is the guide going to contain hints about how to do stuff other than shoot things? People say the Gunslinger is tier5 like the Fighter. Are Gunslingers really so single-tracked?
If anything a Gunslinger is MORE deserving of Tier 5 than a Fighter.
Let's compare Fighters to Gunslingers.
Gunslinger was originally going to be a "Fighter Alternate" (a fancy word for Mega-Archetype), so they start very similar. Neither class can cast. Gunslingers have 2 extra skill points a level, and a few more skills to chose from. But they don't have the Points, nor the selection to be a good Skill Monkey.
As a Fighter levels, he gains up to 11 bonus Combat Feats, Armor Training basically let's him treat Heavy armor as Light armor, and Weapon Training gives him up to +4 to-hit and Damage.
As a Gunslinger levels, he gains up to 5 bonus Combat/Grit Feats, Gun Training let's him add Dex-to-Damage, he gets a +5 bonus to AC, and gains a variety of Deeds.
Side by side it looks like the Gunslinger gets more stuff.
But if you notice, EVERYTHING the Gunslinger gets is Damage Focused. "Attack an enemy with a bonus", "Attack an enemy with a different bonus", etc... And most of the combat feats aren't worth taking on a ranged build.
Meanwhile, the Fighter has better weapon/armor selection, similar damage bonuses, and _6_ more bonus feats, so he can spread his feats out to gain more variety.

Long story short (too late), the Gunslinger is a Specialized Fighter, he is good at shooting things. While the Fighter can do whatever he wants to do, even shoot guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Exelbirth View Post
I'm actually having a bit of trouble deciding how I want my gunslinger rogue to develop in the later levels. She's going to be focused on staying fairly close to the enemy, 20 - 15 feet, and when she gets the skirmish ability she'll be circling around the battlefield pulling off sneak attacks. Any suggestions?
Well Skirmish comes at Rogue(Scout) 8, which gives 12 levels to work with. You'll probably want a bare minimum of 5 levels of Gunslinger (Dex-to-Damage). This leave 7 levels to work with. Might I interest you in some levels of Summoner? (see my post higher up the page) With Rogue(Scout) you'll only be guaranteed Sneak Attack on the first attack, but if you can catch someone off guard anyway, the damage could be enormous.

Barring Summoner... Gunslinger 8 is a decent stopping point as the next two levels only offer Gun Training on a second type of firearm, and another point of Nimble AC. Although if you go Pistolero, then level 9 will give you an extra +1 to damage.
Dipping Fighter for 1-to-4 levels is also viable. Levels 1,2 & 4 get you feats, and level 3 can be either an Armor Training bonus, or a +1 to-hit and Damage (weapon master).

Put any remaining levels into either Rogue or Gunslinger, as there isn't too much to gain from other dips.