1. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: "Wait, that didn't work right" - the Dysfunctional Rules Collection

Quote Originally Posted by n00bsticker View Post
    The whole part where you only roll once per encounter per type. The feat doesn't care about individual monsters, only what type they are. This is poor design.
    What is the difference, in terms of how to damage them, between a 2-HD and 20-HD Skeleton? A 5-HD and a 10-HD animal? A 15HD and a 50HD dragon? They all work the same. Having to make higher checks to get the same benefits, so that at 20th level you have invested one of your seven feats and something like a hundred skill points to get the same +1 to attack and damage you were getting 20 levels ago? That would be poor design.

That's not what I said, at all. If you want to argue against a straw man, feel free. Monsters get tougher, and more obscure as you level. The fact that Knowledge Devotion does not take this into account is poor design.
    Monsters get tougher, yes - but more famous, too. Legends are written about many of them, including legends of Brave Sir Stabsalot, who is said to have killed many a [blank] by [blanking] them in the [blank] with a big [blank].
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2011-09-11 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Moon View Post
    How many times, when the Fighter says "I draw my sword", did you just want to smack that cheating-optimizer in the face and say "No! You don't draw your sword! You draw Orcus!". When the Cleric says "I run away from Orcus!": "No! You run into Orcus! Rogue tries to hide? He hides behind Orcus! The bard in a tavern on the other side the town tries to order a drink? How about a nice frothy mug of Orcus?