1. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: "Wait, that didn't work right" - the Dysfunctional Rules Collection

Quote Originally Posted by n00bsticker View Post
    How is arguing against that Straw Man going for you? Good? I hope so.

Since you already missed where I explained that Weapon Specialization is not even a feat in my games, I'll just mention it again. Weapon Specialization is given out for free.

Intentionally ignoring what is good and what is bad game design doesn't make your arguments stronger. It in fact makes them weaker, and I can't even figure out what your argument is in the first place (if it's that Knowledge Devotion is good by RAW, then you are objectively wrong).

When you want to actually attempt to address what I am saying, I'll be all ears. Until then, au revoir.

No, it is literally zero percent of what I have said. Everything has addressed game mechanics and what is good and what is bad design. If you don't care what is good design and what is bad design don't assume everybody else is in the same boat.
    Hilarious accusations, but I'm not going to rise to your bait.

Thinking that Knowledge Devotion's 1-5 bonus should be evenly spread across 20 levels, requiring the appropriate resource investment equal to the better part of anyone's skill points, is patently absurd, but it's what you seem to be advocating. If you really think this is how the feat should work, then you're vastly overvaluing the bonus, and we have no common ground to meet on. Good day.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2011-09-11 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Moon View Post
    How many times, when the Fighter says "I draw my sword", did you just want to smack that cheating-optimizer in the face and say "No! You don't draw your sword! You draw Orcus!". When the Cleric says "I run away from Orcus!": "No! You run into Orcus! Rogue tries to hide? He hides behind Orcus! The bard in a tavern on the other side the town tries to order a drink? How about a nice frothy mug of Orcus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Perhaps this will sate Flickerdart's endless hunger for assassinations.