View Single Post

Thread: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

1. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Nero breaks his flat tone for a moment. He's almost legitimately amused. Or is he? "I've still got it. I meant no harm, Mitsurugi-san. "

But then, just as Reiji sits down, he is back to his usual neutral expression. "You are aware that the firm I represent is heavily invested in the spiritual world. We protect and rehabilitate families displaced by spiritual events. But you are an intelligent man, and I will not insult your intelligence by explaining further."

"As I understand, Watanabe Akira and Hinata both were abducted by a yet unknown entity who apparently could control hollows. It is quite obvious that considering recent events, someone is fixated on either you or the Watanabes, or both. Durandal will work on a dedicated two-way front with as little intrusion into your lives as possible."

"First, we will provide an agent to yourself, your assistant, Akira, Hinata, and Kaito. They will monitor you to ensure your safety, but will stay out of sight. We acknowledge this is a stressful proposition, and will accommodate any requests to cease our surveillance. However this is not recommended." Nero pauses for any questions or concerns.

"Second, our investigators will do their best to track down the culprit. As such, any further information you or the Watanabes can provide will be of value. We request that you do not go searching for the perpetrator yourself, as much as you may think it to be your responsibility." He pauses again.

"We make no promises, but do not expect payment until your lives are no longer in danger. And we are not so crass as to expect profit over your well-being, so we will accommodate any payment plan that will be reasonable to your budget, as considerable as I understand it is. Is this acceptable?" Nero's spiel was... well. Excellently performed. Though he knew the culprit, he did not once betray his knowledge. As much as he hated Hiroto, it was not his duty to reveal the man until Agent 00 ordered him to do so. "I do not overjoy in expecting payment for a service that ought be good will, but manpower and equipment does not come free."
    Reiji's line of work had him dealing with all manners of liars, professional or otherwise, that one could possibly imagine. It was perhaps the absence of any real detail that could indicate he knew more than he was telling that bugged Reiji the most - but he had nothing else to go on but that feeling, so he felt best not to touch upon that venue. The redhaired prosecutor thought for a moment before answering.

"As I'm sure you're aware, Nero-san, the Watanabes have gone through a great deal of stress lately. For someone who deals so heavily into these affairs, no doubt you are at least vaguely aware that my own abilities have aided me in delivering justice by working with a number of spiritual beings that have helped me discern the circunstances of a number of unsolved crimes.

In light of that and so as to not harm my current working arrangements, of which I am very, very fond, I would request that surveillance be limited to the outside of my house's premises. I do not mind that you make efforts to keep me or the Watanabes safe so long as you are ENTIRELY unobtrusive in that respect. I do not wish for my sources to feel intimidated.

I will not seek the perpetrator myself, but I do ask that none of your investigators try to keep tabs on my team. They are spirits I've been working with for several years and they have my utmost trust - they have even saved my life on certain occasions.

I understand that makes your work more difficult, and I am prepared to pay extra for accomodating my request."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-14 at 11:00 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."